Wood has a requirement in Civil & Structural Engineering department for a Principal / Senior Civil Drainage Design Engineer with extensive experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
Candidate should have sound engineering background and be capable of analytical, creative and conceptual thinking. Candidate shall be capable of developing, evaluating design options and solutions and make appropriate recommendations.
This is an opportunity to become a valuable, well-rounded member of an experienced team, with the successful candidate taking responsibility for deliverables on projects at all stages of the design process.
Wood is a global engineering consultant with a reputation for delivering high quality, technically advanced and reliable facilities on time, on budget and with a world-class safety record.
Possesses proficient levels of technical expertise required to do the job
- Responsible for the design of underground and over ground drainage systems and networks, develop drainage design solution, capable of terrain modelling, conduct flood risk studies, preparation of earthwork and site preparation design
- Responsible for assessing design of existing underground and over ground drainage systems and networks, develop drainage design solution
- Responsible for carrying our design studies and preparing project related design calculations, drawings and documents such as basis of design, philosophies, specifications, etc. Competent in preparing Basis of Design, Material Specifications, Material take offs, Technical Scopes of Work, Technical study reports, Contract Requisitions
- Responsible for reviewing, checking and commenting drawings and supervise designers in the preparation of Drawings in accordance with Wood and Client technical work practises and standards
- Responsible for ensuring that all design activities are carried out within stipulated Manhour budgets and time schedules
- Within area of responsibility manage work progress and schedule, prepare progress report
- Advise Lead Engineer of any technical issues, schedule slippages, their causes and proposed corrective actions
- Assists in the preparation of any contract requisitions and schedules of quantity for work on assigned projects
- Work with inter-disciplinary teams on the project to deliver suitable designs. Liaises with client, construction personnel on site and addresses technical queries
- Coordinate and work efficiently with other Wood offices with regards to workshare practices
- Within area of responsibility prepare estimates, MTOs, estimate basis memo
- Keep abreast of the project strategy and key drivers, participate in Model Reviews as and when required and report changes to the Lead Designer/Lead Engineer
- Provide technical support to other members of the team, ensure flawless inter discipline design coordination, supervision and mentoring Graduate Engineers.
- Liaise with Designers in the preparation of CAD drawings, typically using, Microstation, Smartplant 3D, AutoCAD, PDMS, PDS, etc.
- Support development of lessons learnt database.
- Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude towards safety, both in design and in the office environment