Wood have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated Major Hazards Principal Consultant, with an expertise in applying this to major accidents/disasters to the environment for COMAH and EIA 2017 regulations purposes.
Joining Wood’s successful process safety and major hazard risk team, high quality delivery, innovation, relationships and winning new business will be important to you.
• Delivering and leading high quality projects to clients across several industry sectors, including oil, gas, chemical and major infrastructure sectors
• A focus on COMAH, Major Accidents to the Environment (MATTE) and Major Accidents and Disasters assessment for planning (EIA) purposes
• Managing client relationships and winning work
• Technical innovation
• Managing projects and mentoring junior team members
• Networking with other group companies
• A relevant engineering, science or technology related degree (or equivalent)
• Professional membership of appropriate professional institution, e.g. I ChemE
Essential experience will include:
• A successful consultancy track record in major hazards safety and risk consultancy, working with operators, design engineering and regulatory clients.
• A technical expertise in COMAH Safety Report preparation, MATTE (CDOIF method) assessment and several of the following areas: Quantitative assessment, Major Accidents and Disasters assessment for EIA 2017 regulation purposes, safety and environmental management, facilitation (including HAZOP, LOPA and HAZID/ENVID), reliability assessment, detailed consequence analysis and major hazard safety studies.
• Working in multi-skilled teams, project management, project delivery, business development and writing successful proposals.
• You will be an excellent communicator, with the commitment to identify, analyse and propose solutions to problems in a constructive and positive manner.
• You will have a client focus and be well organised with the ability to prioritise.
• You will be an innovator and have a strong interest in developments in the field of major hazards management and a drive to embed these into your work practices.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.