Wood is currently recruiting for a Turnaround HSSE Manager with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry for a permanent staff role in Teesside.
To fullfill the role of HSSE Manager on a high profile turnaround in Teesside.
Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and Preparation
· Work with client Manager to develop and agree the EHSS strategy for the Turnaround and involve all groups in the implementation of the strategy.
· Develop and maintain the EHSS preparation plan.
· Maintain Principal Contractor EHSS policies and procedures.
· Develop the event EHSS construction plan.
· Support SABIC in the Compilation of the EHSS elements of the shutdown budget.
· Identify and develop the EHSS preparation requirements for contractors and develop appropriate training strategy.
· Co-ordinate EHSS content of major projects activities.
· Assist in job safety reviews, hazard assessments etc.
· Agree emergency plans for fire, toxic, vessel entry etc.
· Manage EHSS and induction training for all SABIC staff and contractors.
· Agree the programme of EHSS auditing for the event management team.
· Collect & analyse data to develop an EHSS incentive scheme to focus on current trends.
· Manage the Principal Contractors EHSS budget.
· Manage the EHSS team and all of its activities.
· Where required co-ordinate interfaces with regulatory bodies for Turnaround EHSS incidents/issues.
· Set, maintain and monitor compliance with EHSS standards and procedures.
· Ensure EHSS maintains a high profile throughout the turnaround.
· Ensure compliance with client programmes to monitor the environmental impact of the Turnaround and personal exposures to potentially harmful chemicals.
· Provide professional EHSS support and advice to the event management team.
· Investigate and report accidents and incidents.
· Report on EHSS performance and activities at daily review meetings.
· Carry out regular EHSS audits.
· Carry out regular safety communications with all staff and contractors.
· Manage EHSS and induction training for late arrivals.
· Carry out tests of toxic alarm, vessel escape and security procedures.
· Produce the daily EHSS newsletter.
· Manage the Safety Team to:
- Maintain central records of all inductions and safety training.
- Maintain records for the audit programme.
- Maintain records of all injuries and EHSS incidents.
- Maintain a register for all EHSS improvement actions and monitor completion against a 24 hr target.
- Liaise with site security.
- Control vehicle access system.
- Provide support as required to the Area Teams and for central EHSS administration.
- Carry out induction and EHSS training.
- Manage specific issues and incidents on behalf of the Safety Team.
- Ensure that records of EHSS performance and activities are collected and given to the EHSS Officer for inclusion in his report.
- Assist in job safety reviews, hazard assessments etc.
- Establish monitoring and reporting system for exposure hours, accidents and incidents.
- Prepare emergency plans for fire, toxic, vessel entry etc.
- Provide EHSS and induction training for all client staff and contractors.
- Set up a detailed programme of EHSS auditing for the event.
- Train EHSS auditors.
- Distribute EHSS publicity and training material.
- Assist the Area Engineers to complete all scheduled audits.
- Carry out regular audits as per agreed plan.
- Pro-actively champion safe working and high standards of house-keeping in the area.
- Direct the allocated cleaning squad in the area.
- Maintain EHSS signs and notices in the area.
- Ensure that bins and skips are properly positioned and regularly emptied.
- Investigate and report accidents and incidents in the area.
- Carry out regular safety communications with all staff and contractors in the area.
- Arrange EHSS and induction training for late arrivals.
- Audit technical standards and competence of staff.
- Provide local knowledge, technical advice and assistance to the Night Shift Coordinator.
- Liaise between the engineering team and the process team.
- Maintain a log of injuries, incidents and problems.
- Handover to the Area Engineers and Process Turnaround Manager.
Lead and record reviews of EHSS performance during shutdown, identifying key learning for future events and for feedback to employees, contractors, regulatory authorities and the local community.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.