Wood is currently recruiting for an experienced Principal E&IC Engineer to support the Kemerton Lithium project based in our Perth Office.
The Albemarle Kemerton Plant is a greenfield world scale Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate production plant to be located at the Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area approximately 160 km south of Perth, Western Australia, and 17 km north-east of the existing port town of Bunbury.
The Albemarle Kemerton Plant will initially comprise of three (3) trains, each producing 20,000 tonnes per annum (tpa) Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate. First product target by 2020. Expansion to five (5) trains will take the ultimate site production to 100,000 tpa by around 2025. Wood has been appointed by Albemarle to deliver the Albemarle Kemerton Plant project.
- Overall accountability for the Electrical, Controls, Instrumentation and Communications Systems design and integration for the Kemerton Project
- Accountable for the quality of deliverables of the discipline design section in line with the needs of the customer and regulatory authorities.
- Manage interface between Western Power, the client and sub-consultants
- Responsible for production and/or review of engineering deliverables including models, drawings, calculations, specifications, reports, evaluations etc.
- Input to capital estimates including quantity calculations.
- Act as the key link between the project team and the engineering discipline group.
- Review design scope changes.
- Provide solutions to engineering problems.
- Review and approve vendor data.
- Provide technical support to the onsite construction and commissioning teams, projects department and procurement department.
- Provide technical and commercial direction to engineers in relation to design quality, design schedules and design budgets.
- Foster a good working relationship within the WOOD team and with the client.
- Coach other E&I team members