The PMR team within the Wood Nuclear business is looking for a skilled and experienced Project Engineer Procurement to join our team supporting our key client EDF, and Nuclear Reactors at their UK plants, on our long term framework. The GSUK team has an annual turnover in excess of £40M, contributing to the wider Wood Nuclear target. The PMR team is split across multiple locations in the UK; from our home office in Knutsford, the client head office at Barnwood and at various plants around the UK. You will be part of a large client lead team at one of the clients stations in the UK, supporting multiple projects within the station project portfolio. This Project Engineer Procurement role will working with Supply Chain and Procurement.
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
The project engineer procurement role will involve the activities below:
1. Maintain & Manage the technical/quality aspects of the sites spares and equipment catalogue;
2. Develop procurement specifications, in conjunction with technical specialists & buyers;
3. Maintain compliance with standards and arrangements applicable to the specification of plant spares & services and assist in the resolution of problems;
4. Monitor and advise on shelf life extensions and plant refurbishment activities;
5. Assist in addressing obsolescence issues, including reverse engineering;
6. Support and underpin the Materials Planning process;
7. Carry out QC and Store hold inspections.
To the Project Manager for:
1. Delivering allocated roles and tasks in a safe manner to the specified functional criteria, goals and objectives, compliant with appropriate legislation, Project Procedures and within the approved project baseline, scope, cost, schedule and quality requirements.
2. Early identification of issues and/or concerns that either have the potential or will impact the project baseline.
3. Providing accurate and timely information, data and reports regarding the project status, activities and performance.
To the line manager for:
4. Managing assigned small projects, jobs and tasks ensuring that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner in line with the relevant procedures
1. Typically HNC level educated, ideally in an Engineering discipline or a related subject.
2. Sound working knowledge of technical & quality assurance arrangements/standards applicable to the procurement of spare parts allied to good commercial awareness and the credibility necessary to represent the Company, the Client and Client Supply Chain Group.
3. Mobility when required (within UK - full driving license).
4. Current security clearance CTC level preferred.
Safety is the Number 1 Priority; we must therefore always act in a safe, responsible manner. Whilst Safety is not a behavioural competence, it must underpin everything we do and the following behavioural competencies are required:
1. Business Acumen
2. Challenge and Change
3. Decision Making
4. Leadership Values
5. Building Relationships
6. Leading through Teamwork
7. Open Communication
8. Developing Self and Others
9. Achievement Orientation
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
For our communities:
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.