Wood’s Noise and Vibration team has over the last 15 years become one of the UK’s leading acoustic consultancies working on nationally significant infrastructure projects. We work in the aviation, construction, clean energy, military, and rail sectors. Key clients include Heathrow Airport, High Speed 2, the MOD, and EDF Energy Renewables.
Due to growing demands from existing clients and an expanding client base we’re seeking two principal and two senior team members to expand and develop our Noise and Vibration group. The successful candidates will work alongside our technical specialists in the Environment and Infrastructure team who are based across the UK. The positions would be based in Canary Wharf, London and Birchwood, Warrington.
You will be responsible for delivering the technical aspects of a variety of noise and vibration assessments, the management of internal and external client relationships and the preparation of proposals and bids appropriate to your grade. The workload is diverse and much of your work will be to support the planning process for major infrastructure schemes. Managing and mentoring staff who are earlier in their careers is an especially important skill for the principal positions.
• Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Acoustics or a related discipline
• Around 7 years relevant consultancy experience post qualification (principal) or 4 years relevant experience post qualification (senior)
• Full driving licence
• Corporate member of the Institute of Acoustics.
The work undertaken by the team is extremely varied and therefore candidates with either a range of skills and experience or particular specialisms will be considered.
Experience of the following, or managing work in these areas, is desirable:
• Management of small to medium sized projects
• Mentoring early career staff (principal)
• Variety of experience on aviation, road, rail or energy projects
• Good understanding of relevant UK noise policy and regulations
• Application of noise and vibration expertise to support the planning process
• Noise mapping and modelling of transportation, clean energy, wind or industrial schemes
• Construction noise assessment and management
• Use of Geographical Information Systems to improve the quality and efficiency of noise and vibration assessments
• Evidence of using innovation to improve working practices.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.