Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Wood is recruiting a personal assistant to join the team at Birchwood.
Purpose of the Role
- To provide an efficient secretarial and administrative support to the relevant VP/Director (and their leadership team), to help maximise their available time spent on value adding activities in the Consultancy & Defence Operating Unit. Facilitate the smooth running of the Leadership Team.
- This role will be full time, but will cover two roles on a part-time basis. Monday & Tuesday supporting the VP of Consultancy & Defence and the Key Account Director with handover day on a Wednesday and Thursday to Friday to provide support to two Operations Directors who report into the Vice President.
- Providing executive support to more than one VP/ Operation Director. This includes the ability to develop a working relationship with each VP/Director (even though they may be in the office infrequently) to understand the support requirements of their role and their personal preferences in how they want to work. Effective and proactive diary and travel management. The multiple demands on the VP/Director's time often means frequent conflicts and meetings, travel arrangements etc having to be changed at short notice. The PA must have a constant view of each Director's diary and make decisions as conflicts arise.
- Administration support for meetings including: writing and issuing agendas in a timely manner (obtaining agenda items from the meeting participants, planning meeting time slots and ensure inputs prior to the meeting). Attending meetings to take minutes recording and managing the progress of actions and other outputs,
- Pro-active management of the VP/Director’s email, responding where possible without recourse to the VP/Director (e.g. questions re availability, emails that require forwarding to more appropriate recipients, forwarding to direct reports for dissemination of information), flagging urgent requests that need attention that day, flagging time bound requests that aren't urgent, managing 'for information' items and removing unnecessary items.
- Effective at managing communication with external parties, usually clients or partner organisations but also government organisations, suppliers etc. in the UK and abroad. This will require attention to detail ensuring information is appropriately received from or given to the external party e.g. the tone and style of the communication will often be very important.
- Good understanding of internal communication requirements within the Business area.
- Provide secretarial support to client visitors if required and support site visits.
- Create and maintain efficient record and filing systems to support efficient operation of the office, including writing administration processes and support to project filing requirements where required.
- Responsibility for ensuring approval process for expenses/purchase orders and timesheets is carried out effectively and within the requested timescales. Working with the Timesheet Administrator assist with the connection process for business codes in the time booking system
- Ensure appropriate cover is arranged in periods of absence
- Operate with appropriate discretion on commercially or staff-related sensitive issues and provide feedback to VP/Director