Wood is currently recruiting for a Cost Specialist with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to join the team in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Sakhalin Island, Russia.
This position will report directly to Project Controls Lead.
At this time, applications from Russian citizens only will be considered.
This is office-based live-in (not rotational method) position with normal working hours.
For applying to this position please send your CV on the e-mail: Sakhalin.Recruitment@woodplc.com.
Other ways of applications will not be considered.
Reports direct into Project Controls Lead. Accountable for the accurate cost data collection, cost data integrity, analysis, control, forecast and reporting on a monthly basis, and all associated activities required.
Prepare Request For Services (RFS):
- Use ERS to generate RFS which becomes Control Budget upon Client Approval.
- Manage/Report on Client Approvals/Approvals Outstanding.
- Maintenance of the RFS Register.
- Understand Contract Estimating Plan.
- Review Actual Costs - Identify and resolve causes of miss-booking.
- Review Sub Contracts Expenditure.
- Review Manhour expenditure (Onshore timewriting).
Monthly Cost Reporting across all projects in the portfolio:
- Variance analysis.
- Report Monthly Forecast to Complete and Forecast at Completion.
Time Keeping Activities:
- Assist all users, on a as required basis, to enter their time correctly and on time.
- Assist as required to ensure all weekly time completed and checked by cut off dates.
- Assist with accuracy and timeliness of all time bookings for the project.
- Must be proactive in terms of identifying and managing Changes to Approved Workscopes and Budgets.
Manage and Operate Systems:
- Knowledge and compliance with Company Corporate Project Controls procedures.
- Key systems used will be Oracle, Gateway, ERS, Excel and timesheet systems (Oracle Time and Labor).
- Knowledge and compliance with Company Code of Conduct.
Understanding of Cost Engineering principles.
Knowledge of time writing processes and cost data collection mechanisms.
Good oral and written communication (English).
Must be able to take be proactive problem solver.
Work well as part of a team and willing to help others.
Computer literate. Excellent excel skills.
Good organizational skills.
Conform to the Core Values of WOOD.
Min 2 years previous relevant experience in a cost control environment.
Experience in oil & gas industry beneficial, preferably in a multi project environment.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.