Manages electrical installations as part of large automated systems within cost and time scale constraints for diverse industries such as Automotive and Baggage Handling. Ensures the solution meets the requirements of customers and the project.
- Developing installation specifications.
- Producing Health and Safety documentation such as Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Organising and managing installation teams.
- Planning installation materials requirements; raising purchase requests, receiving and storing goods on site and ensuring ready for use when required in good condition.
- Managing additional works requests with the Project Manager.
- Maintaining equipment and plant.
- Ensuring good discipline of all personnel on site.
- Ensuring Health and Safety guidelines are followed.
- Liaise with Technical Engineers during design phase.
- Liaise with Project Managers, Customer and sub-contractors during order installation / commissioning phases.
- Liaise with purchase departments.
- To maintain and use wherever possible, standard product information for the execution of orders.
- Where necessary to develop special and new standard solutions to suit specific projects and new markets.
- To innovate wherever possible to improve our delivered product to the end customer (e.g. reduced price, reduced time-scale, improved functionality).
- To provide technical backup to the service team as required, including bug fixes, enhancements and modifications.
- To maintain and improve upon personal skills related to the position, through experience and training.
- To comply with the company policy as defined in the Staff Handbook, Safety Manual, and Quality Assurance Manual.
- Other duties as required.
Wood is recruiting for an Instrument Technician on Golden Eagle on a 2/3 rotation.
The inspection of all instruments systems, PPM in general, repair and calibration of instrumentation. Required to conduct tests of equipment and assist Plant Operator to ensure safe and efficient instrument operation.
- Repairs, calibrates and maintains platform instrumentation systems
- Monitors platform master charts to establish possible instrument malfunctions
- Conducts and reviews the results of tests run in control room and ensure their reliability and accuracy
- Review/maintains accurate and current records of meter co-efficient
- Conducts special tests on platform instrumentation as required
- Ensures the installation, calibration and testing of platform instrumentation is conducted in accordance with Company requirements and statutory Government standards.
- Ensures the required supply of spare parts are available, prepares and requisitions items required.
- Maintains and updates records and reports
- Maintains good housekeeping conditions in workshop and work sites
- Check out work covered by commissioning/acceptance documentation to ensure systems are as outlined/operational and signs documentation to this effect
- Put forward suggestions and develop modification requests as necessary to improve plant/equipment efficiency/safety operations
- Cover F&G Maintenance
Observes Company safety rules and regulations, including permit to work
Due to the potential award of new contracts Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Electrical Designer based in Aberdeen with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Contribute to the delivery of Engineering excellence
- Managing and leading teams
- Providing discipline expertise to the business including Technical Authority responsibility where assigned
- Executing assigned scopes of work
- Delivering against contract Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and business objectives
- In conjunction with the Discipline Focal Point / Head of Discipline, manages succession planning for direct reports
- Provides coaching and mentoring for direct reports
- Actively supports recruitment, selection, transfers and promotion of resources to meet succession and business plans
- Support the development and retention of motivated and competent people
- Ensures competence of deputies
- Manages performance of direct reports
- Continuous promotion of, and adherence to, the discipline specific procedures and providing feedback for continuous improvement
- Support the development and delivery of the technical assurance framework
- Monitor compliance with competence standards
- Participate in incident investigations as required
- Set performance expectations for direct reports
- Actively maintaining own competence and continuous development
- Provide discipline support to the business
- Ensuring learning opportunities are captured and realised
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation
- Proficient in scope definition
- Deputising for Focal Point / Head of Discipline as required
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports / respective team
- Executing assigned business objectives
- Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities
- Manage and direct resources efficiently and effectively
- Perform the role of Technical Authority when appointed to do so
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate across the project / contract and business interfaces
- Engage with inter-discipline community and promote discipline including: networking / knowledge sharing
- Maintain communication with respective Head of Discipline
- Communicate and co-operate with external stakeholders including: industry bodies, academia, vendors, client interface (as appropriate and requested), market intelligence, relevant conferences, and business development
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Manager at Senior Consultant grade to join our Project Management team in London based in Canary Wharf. The successful candidate will manage numerous projects within the Waste Management industry.
General Project Management activities:
- Define and prepare project scope and budget, project schedule, securing increased budgets when required, project cost tracking
- Organize and coordinate meetings with key stakeholders including the clients, end users, contractors, engineering, and plant personnel
- Develop engineering and construction scope of work for bids
- Managing and working with client’s PMO team and other technical advisors
- Contribute to weekly reporting when required (inc. reviewing programme and collation of information)
- Manage Deliverables tracker and support issue of deliverables
- Assist in programme reviews when required
- Liaise with aspect leads on resourcing requirements
- Confidently communicate and influence clients, stakeholders and colleagues
Commercial Management activities:
- Supporting development of compensation event scope definition, assessing budget and programme
- Review of monthly spend band evaluating against earned value and programme
- Identification of new resource requirements
- Assist in financial review (Spend, FOC, Target, outstanding CEs)
- Assist with bid management and other team development activities as required
Risk Management activities:
- Identify and contribute to risk register reviews and updates.
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients andcommitted to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment
Wood nuclear is recruiting for a Head of Programme Office to be based on Birchwood Park, Warrington.
The information hub of the programme is the Programme Office. All information, financial and commercial communication, monitoring and control activities for the programme are coordinated through the Programme Office.
Main responsibilities of the Head of Programme Office include: cost, schedule and time management; programme vision; stakeholder management; programme and task planning including milestone management; risk and issue management; and subcontractor management. Integral to delivering these responsibilities will be financial management; maintaining risks, issues and actions logs; programme reporting; resource forecasting via P6; change control; security management and infrastructure management.
Operationally, the Head of Programme Office provides and controls management information, financial reporting recruitment of PMO staff and SQEP of Programme staff.
- Ensure the successful implementation of the PMO’s strategy, responsibilities, services and deliverables.
- Manage Programme reporting Senior Management and customer
- Establish frameworks and standards for Programme and Project Management
- Manage and compile Programme related financial and KPI information
- Manage project costs and ensure finances are well managed
- Provide and maintain a capacity planning and resource tracking service across the Programme
- Manage the Risk Log, Action Log and Issue Register
- Track financial reporting whilst ensuring that the programme and projects adhere to the corporate financial processes
- Provide a quality assurance role in line with defined Programme Management Office process.
- Coordinate project closure to distil good practice and ensure lessons learned are logge
- Overall Line Management of PMO staff and ensure their SQEP status
- Build cohesion within the PMO team and motivate them to produce quality work.
- Define and embed project control and governance
- Provide Project planning, Milestone management, Scope management, Resource forecasting; Financial Management; Change Management across the programm
- Prepare regular status reporting to all levels of the business
- Ensure efficient change control methods are utilized
- Provide a security role in line with defined contract service requirements
- Ensure efficient information management in line with defined Programme Management Office process
- Ensure efficient and appropriate Infrastructure support in line with defined Programme Management Office process
Wood is looking to enhance our Technology and Products delivery team by appointing a Principal Estimating Engineer to be based in our Reading office.
Salary - Competitive
Open date - 17th October 2019
Closing date - 15th November 2019
Company name - Wood
Job location - Reading
- Assessment of ITB and assist to prepare prospect evaluation form & proposal strategy documents for Wood Process Technology products portfolio of equipment
- Support proposal manager develop and finalize the proposal strategy
- Prepare the cost estimate according to agreed strategy and as per Wood estimating standards
- Prepare order of magnitude estimates to support budget bids
- Coordinate and interact with internal disciplines about the proposal input requirements and follow-up to ensure input is provided on time
- Preparation of Initial layout to generate preliminary MTO for the equipment
- Preparing & sending enquiries for various items as required for proposal estimation
- Prepare technical and commercial bid analysis of received quotes from vendors and seek help of other disciplines for review where appropriate
- Produce cash flow statement and develop payment terms for the given scope
- Liaise in the preparation of proposal project outline schedule
- Prepare preliminary transportation weight and sizes as required
- Prepare commissioning, two-year operating and capital spares lists and estimates
- Ensure that the cost estimate is fully compliant with the proposal scope and make necessary clarification/deviation to proposal manager
- Develop cost comparisons vs similar projects/ proposals for benchmarking purposes to support management reviews.
- Preparation of estimate basis / cost estimate documents for department and management Review
- Incorporate agreed actions from department management review into final price estimate
- Assist proposal manager to prepare technical and commercial offers
- Updating price estimate as necessary as per client response / client TQ’s, post bid submission
- Prepare and release execution budget after award of the project
- Develop man hour estimates for Revamp proposals
- Develop and maintain cost data base for various Wood Process Technology product items
- Provide support to other offices in the Wood organisation for proposal & estimate of Wood Process Technology product items (primarily fired heaters)
- Development of suppliers / vendors for Wood Process Technology product items components
- Ongoing development and enhancement of cost estimate sheets for continuous improvement
- Collation of benchmark project pricing, as executed against budget
- Collate, understand and implement any lessons learnt / feedback from execution team
- Production of benchmarks / statistics to support future bid pricing
- Understand and demonstrate the company ethics and behaviours
- Observe / follow Wood HSSE & ethics policies / rules at all times
- Support the overall proposals activity through assisting the proposals manager with the following: -
- Seeking management approval via mySPS system
- Financial and due diligence checks on clients
- Seeking input to proposals from Legal, Tax and Finance
- Management of prospect status and funnel via Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Review of client contracts
- Set-up of proposals and projects in Oracle financial reporting system
- Submission of proposals to clients and follow-up to address queries and negotiate award of contracts
- Preparation of contract booking sheets and notification of contract awards
- Short duration, “business trip”, travel as required to meet with vendors and clients to discuss prospects
We are looking for Process Engineer to deliver a variety of exciting bids and projects within our Nuclear business.
This role will be based in our Birchwood office in the North West of the UK but there will be a need for periodic visits to client sites, as projects require.
About Wood Nuclear
Wood’s nuclear business is a leading player in the big science, energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
We have offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in all of the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, both internationally and in the UK, developing strong relationships with our clients and implementing cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and be committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Our client, The Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC), is implementing a major project, the Clean Fuel Project (CFP) which comprises the upgrade of two existing refineries The Clean Fuels Project is a major upgrade and expansion of the existing Mina Al - Ahmadi (MAA) and Mina Abdullah (MAB) refineries The objective is to increase the overall throughput by 264,000 bpsd to 800,000 bpsd, and to increase conversion of fuel oil to higher value products to meet expected market demand and specs for low sulphur content transport fuels
Reporting to a Project COMT (Commissioning, Operations, Maintenance and Training) Manager, you will be accountable for the delivery of the technical content of commissioning & start up services to the Business as assigned by the Group Manager, Commissioning & Start up or its delegate
- Act as delegate to (or Act on behalf of or Deputise for) Principal Engineer or Senior Engineer, Commissioning & Start up or any other Senior Engineer within the DAC Department as and when required (or as and when requested to)
- Support personnel recruitment, performance and development activities of the CSU Group in accordance with Company's directives
- Provide input into the knowledge database to maintain the competitive advantage of the CSU Group, as requested by the Group Manager, Commissioning & Start up or its delegate
- Provide technical and administrative support to the pre - commissioning, commissioning, start up, operations, maintenance and training activities on small - scale, low - complexity Projects or equivalent area on large - scale, high - complexity Projects, including commissioning HSE and design assurance - related activities
- Provide technical and administrative support to the pre - commissioning, commissioning, start up and training activities associated with Proposals for small - scale, low - complexity Projects or equivalent area on large - scale, high - complexity Projects, including commissioning HSE and design assurance - related activities
- Liaise with internal and external Clients, and other stakeholders as assigned by Group Manager, Commissioning & Start up or its delegate
- Provide input into the budget of the CSU Group
Wood is currently recruiting for an Associate Director Civil Engineer in our London office in Canary Wharf.
The successful candidate will be a leading member of a team of engineers working on multiple infrastructure projects, including but not limited: Highways, General Infrastructure, Drainage, Waste Infrastructure, Waste Water and Water Treatment; across several markets, including waste, defence, property, industrial and transportation.
You will be given the opportunity to work on some of the most prestigious projects across the UK. Key clients include Heathrow, Homes and Communities Agency (HCA), Local Authorities and Waste Authorities, and working with these clients to deliver their aspirations and ambitions will be an important factor. You will play a leading role in the design and assessment of infrastructure projects within multidisciplinary design teams and will take appropriate responsibility for the delivery and quality of the design elements.
We are looking for individuals that have a strong base of technical skills coupled with excellent organisational and communication skills gained in either a multi-disciplinary or engineering consultancy environment who now want to enhance and diversify these skills within a growing organisation that will support their future development.
- Manage a design team and provide guidance and mentoring to junior members
- Deliver engineering services/projects to a range of sectors, including waste, water, utilities, transport, airports, and industrial
- Lead civil engineering designs and co-ordinate multidisciplinary teams
- Co-ordination and revision of design calculations and specifications
- Co-ordination of the production of construction drawings
- Preparation of technical reports at various project stages including feasibility, concept and detailed design
- Preparation and revision of contract documents
- Liaising with the clients and developing trust relationships
- Develop capabilities and experience of the team in order to sell services to other UK and international major infrastructure projects
- Contribute to and lead engineering inputs to PQQs and tenders
- Contribute to the Infrastructure business development
- Adhere to quality and technical assurance procedures for all deliverables produced by the team
- Compliance with Wood’s HS&E, quality, financial, risk management, business and policy requirements;
Our client, The Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC), is implementing a major project, the Clean Fuel Project (CFP) which comprises the upgrade of two existing refineries. The Clean Fuels Project is a major upgrade and expansion of the existing Mina Al-Ahmadi (MAA) and Mina Abdullah (MAB) refineries. The objective is to increase the overall throughput by 264,000 bpsd to 800,000 bpsd, and to increase conversion of fuel oil to higher value products to meet expected market demand and specs for low sulphur content transport fuels.
Wood is currently hiring Design Engineer Process with experience in ARDS and hydrocracking units, for the Clean Fuels Project in Kuwait.
Duration of the role is approx 12 months.
- Deputise for Principal / Senior Process Engineer as requested
- Accept responsibility as requested for development and maintenance of expertise in specific areas of technology
- Keep Group Managers informed as to progress of assigned engineers and their potential for accepting increased responsibility
- Carry out function of Proposal Co-ordinator as assigned
- Work on approved technical investigation projects and computer programs to the extent authorised by Group Managers
- Participate in technical sales activities on request of Group Managers
- Carry out process design work for a unit or units using FW and Client design methods, standards and data in accordance with Project requirements
- When applicable, incorporate data from Licensors into the process design of a unit or units
- Supervise the work of subordinates as assigned in accordance with the Project organisation
- Provide assistance to other disciplines in accordance with Project requirements
- Participate in review meetings in accordance with Project requirements
Wood is currently recruiting for a Junior Process Designer on a contract basis for our Mining & Minerals office in Bryanston.
Wood has been awarded the EPCM contract for the Vulcan Process for Aroxo (a Tharisa Minerals Company). The Arxo Vulcan Project is a 500 t / h Fine Chrome Recovery Plant located nearly 35 km east of Rustenburg, South Africa. Tharisa’s Vision 2020 projects are targeting an increase in Tharisa Minerals’ production to 200 kozpa of PGMs and 2.0 Mtpa of chrome concentrates in CY2020, on an annualized basis. To achieve this vision, the R&D team has developed the Vulcan process to extract the fine chrome from current in line tailings from the combined feed of the Genesis and Voyager plants. The primary aim of the Vulcan plant is to increase chrome recovery from the current 65% to 82% at the Tharisa Mine, capable of adding an additional 400 ktpa (ca. 28% of current production) of chrome concentrate output.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- To produce project related BFD, PFDs and P&IDs from marked-up diagrams and process instructions
- Diagrams and schedules completed to agreed time schedule and manhour budgets
- Adherence to applicable standards and procedures
- Completion of error free diagrams to good drafting practices
- Complete all administrational functions related to function
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Production of diagrams for process discipline in AVEVA P&ID
- Produce electronic and hardcopy diagrams and related data files
- Work in conjunction with multi-disciplinary engineers / designers
- Timely and accurate completion of diagrams to schedules
- Adherence to manhour budgets
- Adherence to company / department Standards and Procedures
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed by the Section Lead / Process Engineer, to meet deadlines
- Work overtime from time to time as per project requirement
- Solve problems of a routine nature with ample precedent or clearly defined procedures
- Perform validation checks on all diagrams, databases and lists / reports generated
Wood Transmission and Distribution have excellent opportunity to work within Cabling, Substations and Overhead Lines.
We are seeking a Project Quantity Surveyor, on a permanent staff basis, to based on site in the Nechells area of Birmingham.
You will be an experienced Quantity Surveyor with proven ability to manage and deliver the commercial performance of the projects. You shall possess excellent negotiating, communication and supervisory skills and the ability to direct commercial activities within the business environment. You will be responsible for supporting the management in the commercial processes, ensuring that business objectives are met whilst at the same time respecting all statutory and commercial requirements.
- Ensure cost control is maintained on a project basis throughout all functions (procurement, delivery, design etc.)
- Provide contractual advice to project and operational personnel. Inform the appropriate management of project contractual issues and points of dispute and resolution. Ensure project personnel understand the application issues of the contractual conditions.
- Accountable for the management, collation, interpretation and analysis of project commercial records.
- Accountable for the Preparation, review and monitoring against the Project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) in line with project requirements and the ELF and CVR Procedures. Ensure that the process is effectively managed and delivered.
- Identification of risks and opportunities to project spend/budgets.
- Manage project subcontract packages, including compensation events, measurements and valuations.
- Accountable for ensuring that all Early Warning Notifications, Notifications of Compensation Events, Quotations, etc. produced to the required standards and submitted in accordance with contractual time scales
- Manage the compliance and suitability surrounding processes and procedures on a project basis.
- Prepare, review and submit applications for payment in the format and time required under the Contract. Agree the application and produce and reconcile differences between application and certified payment. Ensure that a correctly detailed invoice is raised and submitted in a timely manner and monitor payment
- Liaising with the Accountants to ensure correct cost reporting.
- Ensure deliverance of policies and procedures on Trade Union. Within this, foster and grow the strategic partnership between Trade Union leadership and Company management and IR&S Department. Act as a Company Representative during negotiations, properly manage and make all necessary efforts on resolution of the cases. Provide guidance and recommendations to Company and HR Management on the strategy and process/ Serve as a focal point.
- Keep Stewardship on Conciliatory Commission for implementation of proper policies and procedures. Follow the changes in Commission Structure, take proper action when required. Serve as a focal point for the Process
- Investigate, manage and control all the disciplinary and grievance mechanisms, as well as participating in staff disciplinary committees as prosecutor, grievance, counseling and appeal panels. Provide guidance and recommendations to department managers and supervisors with respect to Disciplinary and Grievance outcome. Serve as a focal point for the Process.
- Ensure correct implementation of Ethics procedures in line with policy and strategy. Timely act on ethics allegations, implement proper investigations and make all necessary efforts for their resolution. Provide feedback on gaps and improvement areas as conclusion.
- Implement Collective Agreements procedures, bargaining, workplace relations. Serve as a focal point for the process
- Be custody for Employee Satisfaction Survey in view of employee participation, partnership and involvement. Provide full assistance in implementing ESS procedure, collecting results and advise on actions for proper delivery of survey results.
- Ensure Collective Disputes and their resolution extent to joint decision on necessary industrial actions. Act as a Company Representative during negotiations, properly manage and make all necessary efforts on resolution of the cases. Serve as a focal point for the Process.
- Ensure Subcontractor Companies personnel management and administration comply with RoK Labour Legislation, NCOC N.V. standards/policies and the relevant to terms and conditions of Contract by means of audits.
- Ensure and if necessary organize support for Contractors and Subcontractor companies work permit and yearly FLF quota applications during Work Permit and/or Yearly FLF Quota Committee Meetings at local authorities. Design and maintain a database of Contractors and Subcontractor companies work permit and yearly FLF quota applications.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Document Controller with 5 to 10 years of expereince in documnet control & management.
- Has sufficient technical understanding to carry out Document Control activities through Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Handover and Archiving Phases. Continuously seeks out opportunities to develop and improve technical knowledge base.
- Clearly understands the requirements of maintaining accurate document records in line with project and corporate procedures during the life of the project.
- Is able to analyse straightforward problems and can utilise analytical tools to break problems into component parts. Is attentive to detail and can follow existing guidelines to resolve basic issues. Can identify more complex issues and communicates potential solutions to supervisor.
- Provides system generated reports with consistent, concise and accurate information to Project Management, Disciplines, and Clients as required.
- Executes Document Control activities in accordance with current policies and procedures. Has sufficient knowledge of Document Control systems allowing selection and use of the most appropriate tools to complete tasks efficiently.
- Has a basic understanding of the wider business goals. Complies with the rules and regulations applicable to their role.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Technical Trainer to join our team in PNG and based at the Hides Gas Conditioning Plant on rotational basis (28/28). Reporting to the In-Country Training Manager, this role is responsible for both strategic and operational management of training and competence processes and programs for the Contract.
The successful candidate will lead the delivery and implementation of training; plus, competence programmes to ensure the most effective utilisation of training, learning and development is available to support Contract objectives and the delivery of a trained and competent workforce.
- Provides an overview and structure regarding the administration of the Training and Competence function including Competence Assessment, Knowledge Matrices, Training Databases and interface with external training providers
- Provides support to line management regarding the suitability, availability and cost of training; plus, the management of Competence Assurance processes
- Critically evaluate Training processes and practices; and identifying plus implementing improvements where appropriate
- Demonstrates technical expertise and the ability to influence and challenge others to behave in ways consistent with the interest of the organisation
- Facilitates Training sessions and the implementation of programs
- Demonstrated understanding of internal policies and processes; and alignment with global network
- Develop Training programs for short- and long-term management of Competence Assurance, particularly with regards to field-based personnel by ensuring all employee groups have robust and aligned procedures around management of competence
- Oversees the Training for all Contract locations including the delivery, scheduling, resourcing and recording of internal and external training
- Manages external relationships with preferred suppliers for external training and ensures cost value is achieved and billing processes are effective
- Develops and manages relationships with Client Training Operations Support Supervisor
- Works with the Senior Management on the overall business unit strategy with regards to Training, Learning and Development
- Ensures government subsidies with regards to Training & Competence are identified and accessed where applicable.
Wood is currently recruiting for 2x Freight Controller with extensive experience to join our team in Lae, Papua New Guinea on a Fly in Fly Out rotational schedule (28 days on /28 days off). Reporting directly to the Materials & Logistics Coordinator, this position will be responsible to coordinate movement of materials from Lae to hides and Moro. Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Liaise with Logistics Coordinator (Load Master) – Lae yard for movement activities and priorities
- Compliance with Wood Supply Chain procedures
- Liaising and negotiating with transport coordinators for load allocation and configuration requirements
- Building an effective working relationship with the freight forwarding team
- Timely issuing and management of required materials to job sites
- Arranging in country material movement from PNG suppliers where required
- Maintain the Freight Planning Tool
Wood is currently recruiting Senior Electrical Engineersto support the Kemerton Lithium project based in our Perth Office.
The Kemerton Lithium Project is to design and build a world class, greenfield, Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate production plant, located at the Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area, approximately 160 km south of Perth, Western Australia, and 17 km north-east of the existing port town of Bunbury.
Position Specifics & Deliverables
- Perform electrical engineering detail design calculations
- Prepare high quality, technically correct specifications and datasheets for major equipment
- Adhere to the project schedule
- Review vendor documentation
- Provide technical support to the onsite construction teams, projects department and estimating department
- Integrate vendor information in detail design documents and drawings
- Review the project 3D model and design drawings
- Perform site inspections, functionality testing and commissioning documentation
- Accountable for the quality of deliverables in line with the needs of the customer and regulatory authorities
- Coach Junior team members
- Foster good working relationships with other team members
Wood is searching for a Control Room Operator/ A Operator with offshore experience in the oil and gas industry to join our international team.
Work schedule is 28x28 in offshore Israel.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Monitoring and controlling the remote operation of the subsea wells and production systems, including, performing emergency corrective action as required.
- Operating in compliance with 30 CFR operating limits, regulations, standards, procedures and codes.
- Maintain appropriate records and documents and submit reports as required.
- Work effectively in a team environment to monitor, log, resolve, and escalate operation and safety issues.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- As a member of a busy team, actively assist with additional projects as required or requested by supervisor
- Operates, maintains and repairs all facility equipment, quarters and activities on a daily basis which include good housekeeping, parts and material storage, record keeping, shipping and receiving.
- Operates, monitors, tests, and maintains all process equipment and safety devices from the wellhead to the sales line.
- Monitors the performance of personnel, wells and production equipment to maximize recovery; Calculates daily rates, complete well testing, and reports production information; Determines gravity of condensate and salinity of water and troubleshooting to deliver the maximum sales quality and quantity of gas, oil and/or condensate to sales line and to discharge produced water containing less than 29 ppm hydrocarbons overboard within the capabilities of the equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Wood is currently looking for a Senior Piping Materials Engineer to join our team in Dubai. This position is initially for one year, renewable annually based on performance and business needs.
This is based in Dubai and will involve occasional visits to the Client offices and/or site in Iraq.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Acts as WOOD Focal Point within Mechanical Materials Supplier(s) and Sub Supplier(s)
- Review Enquiry and Purchase Orders prior to order placement to ensure supplier alignment
- Review subsequent Vendor Enquiry and Purchase Order information (from supplier) to ensure technical alignment
- Review supplier and sub supplier’s technical capability prior to order, during order placement and report accordingly
- Adhere to and comply with, specific engineering and quality procedures stipulated within the enquiry / order and provide feedback for continuous improvement of both vendor and home office
- Ensure all quality requirements are understood and included in both Home office and suppliers / sub-supplier’s relevant documentation
- Ensure all testing requirements are understood and included in both Home office and suppliers / sub-supplier’s relevant documentation
- Ensure all suppliers and sub suppliers documents are issued in line with agreed schedule
- Ensuring all appropriate SDRs have been approved and are ‘in place’ with the supplier in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all appropriate suppliers documents are ‘coded’, returned through Aconex and suitably approved to match the associated manufacturing phase
- Promote and use ‘Fit For Purpose’ initiatives to maximise efficiency in valve procurement/supply process
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Provide discipline support to the business.
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct reports.
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution.
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports.
- Executing assigned personal objectives
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery.
Wood is searching for an I&E Technician to join our international team with experience in the oil and gas industry.
The opportunity is based in onshore Israel working on a 28/28 rotation.
- Troubleshoots breakdowns, diagnoses faults and executes repairs; Refers problems to the supervisor; Maintains good housekeeping at work site and ensure tools and equipment are kept in good working order
- Prefer someone who has experience working in a gas plant or working on a pipeline
- Must be able to troubleshoot problems with Omni/PLC system and HMI software
- Receives daily instructions and obtains required materials and equipment from the supervisor
- Must be able to build panels from drawings and troubleshoot Omni
- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations in carrying out work including following detailed procedures indicated in work permits
- Additional duties as instructed by supervisor