Wood is currently recruiting a Planner/Supervisor with a Piping background on a temporary basis to be based on a client site in Immingham, Lincolnshire. Ideal candidate must have extensive experience in the Oil and Gas and Petrochemical industry
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage a small, self-contained squad of three persons to deliver a campaign.
- Responsible for the End to End preparation of Work Orders in piping discipline
- Work closely with Operations / Client Interfaces / Team Colleagues to understand task requirements and priorities to enable accurate planning of executable work
- Co-ordinate work orders and all their required elements paying particular attention to the following: Task steps; Task timings; Task Tooling; Task Components; Lead Times; Access; External Parties; Availability of all the above.
- Initiate “Management of Change” process as appropriate for ‘scope change’ and ‘growth’.
- Initiate Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) steps in the job plan as required.
- Provide accurate cost estimates for planned work applying norms catalogues scales wherever possible.
- Compile all relevant documentation (paper and electronic) to create an ‘Execution Dossier’ for work execution including quality approval / sign off.
- Request provisional quotation costs for materials / sub contracts to add to the work order estimate.
- Provide relevant information to the Procurement Team for client requisition and reservation of parts / materials needed for maintenance tasks.
- Initiate amendment to update the CMMS Bill of Materials (B.O.M) master as required.
- Create work order standard task lists for repetitive / routine maintenance tasks.
- Review content of current standard task lists and amend as required.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Instrument Engineer based in Aberdeen. Candidate should have extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Coaching and mentoring as delegated
- Supervision of Graduate Engineers. Provides input to the performance management of direct reports
- Manage and supervise direct reports
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Participate in audits and incident investigations as required
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development
- Provide discipline support to the business
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct reports
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution
- Deputising for principal as required
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports
- Executing assigned personal objectives
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery
Wood is currently recruiting for a Contracts Administrator for a Mining & Minerals project site in Rustenburg.
Wood has been awarded the EPCM contract for the Vulcan Process for Aroxo (A Tharisa Minerals Company). The Arxo Vulcan Project is a 500 t / h Fine Chrome Recovery Plant located nearly 35 km east of Rustenburg, South Africa. Tharisa’s Vision 2020 projects are targeting an increase in Tharisa Minerals’ production to 200 kozpa of PGMs and 2.0 Mtpa of chrome concentrates in CY2020, on an annualized basis. To achieve this vision, the R&D team has developed the Vulcan process to extract the fine chrome from current in line tailings from the combined feed of the Genesis and Voyager plants. The primary aim of the Vulcan plant is to increase chrome recovery from the current 65% to 82% at the Tharisa Mine, capable of adding an additional 400 ktpa (ca. 28% of current production) of chrome concentrate output.
- Verify interim monthly progress certificates from contractors
- Ensure control of back charges
- Evaluate, negotiate and bring resolution to contractor claims
- Attend site inspection, kick-off and project progress meetings.
- Ensure control of site instructions
- Compile and issue contract amendments
- Other duties, as assigned, by line manager
- Ensure compliance and communicate with H/O cost control
- Interact with Wood Construction team, client interface and contractors as required
Wood is currently seeking to recruit a competent Inspection Engineer (Mechanical) to join our Al Zour team in Kuwait.
- Review and Comment on EPC / Subcontractors Quality Procedures and ITP’s before they are sent to the Lead Quality Engineer for his respected unit for approval
- Review of EPC / Sub contractor’s drawings for correctness and installation data before works are started
- Monitor / inspect all E&I activities of all ECP Subcontractors works from pre-inspection, Installation to completion
- Manage loop check inspections with EPC contractors
- Report directly to Sr. Lead Quality Engineer for his respected Unit
- Provide the Sr. Lead Quality Engineer for his respected unit with a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly Quality report for all activities
- Issue NCR’s and or Corrective actions to EPC contractors for compliance
- Manage the Quality Documentation from his respected EPC Contractors
- Manage inspection and damage reports from EPC’s for equipment damage from shipping or onsite miss handling damage
- Require to travel to vendor and manufacture shops for Inspections and pre-equipment run inns’ (FAT TEST) before shipment to project site if required
Wood is looking for a Senior Process Control Engineer to develop control system specifications. Applicants should aspire to be part of a team, delivering powerful results. We look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution.
Join our collaborative team, working side by side with a global specialist chemicals company on a new and innovative project in the growing Lithium resources market to design, engineer and construct a world class processing facility. We have a diverse range of opportunities within our Perth office and further positions in the South West.
The greenfield project targeted to go into production in 2020 will produce Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate from a 2 train processing plant with a forecasted 60,000 per annum (Tpa) output. Further expansion plans into 2025 will see a total production of 100,000 tonnes per annum. The plant is to be constructed at the Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area approximately 160 km south of Perth, Western Australia and 17 km north-east of the thriving regional centre of Bunbury.
Position Specifics & Deliverables
- Review and input to Project P&IDs
- Responsible for production of project specific control system functional specifications
- Alarm rationalisation
- Graphics and situational awareness schemes
- Incorporation of vendor data into control strategies to consistently align with plant strategy
- Analyse the control system software libraries to align and optimize the deliver of functional descriptions
- Ensure that information flow to the PCS configuration team serves to be clear, concise, correct and practical
- Provide solutions to engineering problems
- Balance tasks to meet all the demands of schedule and budget
- Accountable for the quality of deliverables in line with the needs of the project
- Interact with the project team to capture the plant functional requirements
- Timely input into the deliverables and task progress monitoring system
- Manage design scope changes
- Testing with the PCS vendor
- Developing strategies to improve delivery of project deliverables
Wood has an immediate requirement for a Data Scientist / Consultant to be based in our Perth CBD office. The successful candidate will join our highly skilled Asset Performance Optimisation and Analytics team. This team works to assist clients in using their data resources for creating value, enhancing competitiveness and driving business decisions.
On joining the team you will work to identify and track key metrics around performance, reliability, productivity, efficiency and costs as well as analysing resource utilisation and performance test data to identify variables impacting performance and scalability. We have an ambitious growth strategy and you will be mixing with some of the brightest minds while working on significant projects – unravelling technical and real world problems impacting some of the nation's most respected companies. Valued as a team member you will build strong relationships with your client counterparts and internal stakeholders through working collaboratively around data and advanced analytics.
At this time we will only accept applications from candidates who have full work rights for Australia already in place.
About the role:
You will be working across a range of client projects applying data solutions by
- Solving challenging problems with advanced Data Science and Machine Learning techniques, using statistical tools like R, MATLAB, Octave, Azure, Python, SQL, Oracle, Amazon redshift databases - leveraging Big Data platforms like Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Data pipeline processing
- Web development, APIs
- Working with emerging and innovative digital solutions, including Artificial Intelligence
- Working in an engineering team with Subject Matter Experts
What you will need to succeed:
- Possess a questioning mind, brimming with bright ideas that you are eager to share
- Be a critical thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Be comfortable with manipulating and combining large, high dimensional datasets from multiple sources
- Have an ability to interpret findings and identify key insights to communicate to a non-technical audience
- Have demonstrated experience building relationships with internal and/or external clients
- Be passionate about delivering high quality work
Wood has an opportunity for a QC Inspector. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Quality and Turnover Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- Assist and support Line Management and Supervision in all aspects of Quality, acceptance of the work and turnover undertaken by Construction Operations and ensure that the content and objectives of the Wood Quality Policy and manuals are implemented and understood by Wood staff
- Review contractor personnel CV’s, contractor performance, etc.
- Ensure that the job is done as per Client requirements and Standards and Certify the quality of work done
- Be HSE conscious, implement and maintain an appropriate, structured system for the filing and retrieval of records
- Coordinate with Home Office, Contractor, and Client on all issues
- Adhere to FW Code of Business Ethics and Conduct and ensure FW procedures are implemented at site
Do you have a keen interest in GIS, spatial analysis or web mapping and an enthusiasm for developing solutions to complex and challenging problems? Are you looking for the ideal launch pad for a rewarding and fulfilling career in environmental consultancy? If so, we are recruiting for a high-calibre GIS Consultant to join our GIS team in our Reading (preferred location), Shrewsbury, London or Bristol offices.
Wood's GIS team provides a wide spectrum of services including application development; database development; map production (PDF); mobile mapping; remote sensing; technology consulting; spatial analysis; and web mapping. Through our projects we provide high quality technical services and advice to a wide range of high-profile customers in the UK and overseas, including government departments and agencies and other industrial sectors, including power, transport, nuclear, mining, commercial and oil and gas.
Our portfolio of recent clients includes: Azerbaijan Ministry for Ecology and Natural Resources; Caribbean Development Bank, DAERA Northern Ireland, EDF Energy, Environment Agency, Heathrow Airport Limited, Horizon Nuclear Power, High Speed 2 (HS2), Isle of Anglesey Council, National Grid, National Water and Sewerage Agency, Grenada, Transport of West Midlands, United Nations and the World Bank.
You will contribute to a diverse range of projects supporting clients across a range of sectors, including water and power utilities, property, transport, and government, both in the UK and overseas. Your work will be varied and challenging and will include the following:
- Map production and data visualisation;
- GIS analysis and modelling;
- Data collation and management;
- Development of GIS workflows and tools;
- Supporting the management of web GIS solutions; and
- Contributing to technical reports and presentations
We offer a dynamic, but supportive environment for a motivated and talented individual to fulfil their potential. Wood recognises that their people are central to its success as a business. As a consequence, we are committed to a providing a comprehensive framework for the professional development of its staff, including:
- Access to extensive internal and external training opportunities;
- An Early Careers Network;
- A mentoring programme; and
- Support for gaining chartership through professional institutions.
Fairness, support in development and a safe work environment – these are all of great importance to us. Where people look out for each other, are respected and are recognised. Where people work ethically and safely. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. We truly believe that diversity within our workplace promotes an incredible diversity of ideas. We are happy to consider applicants who are interested in the role on a part-time basis and support flexible working arrangements.
Wood is currently recruiting a staff Principal Process Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas and petrochemical industry to join our team at Darlington.
We are currently looking for an experienced Principal engineer with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle, from studies, FEED, EPC and brownfield framework contracts. The successful candidate will ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our client’s requirements. Applicants are expected to have strong leadership/technical skills and experience of the role of lead engineer or an equivalent role.
Duties and responsibilities
- Carry out work in accordance with Company and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality out work in accordance with project guidelines and procedures
- Be willing to mentor and engage in the training and development of junior engineers in your team
- Undertake process design work of units as required, supervise and check work of assigned engineers on the project as appropriate
- Execute process engineering activities within the budget and schedule, as well as maintaining technical integrity of the designs
- Develop the basis of design as the Lead Process Engineer, undertake detailed calculations to develop the design and be responsible for the accuracy of these calculations
- Ensure that detail design methods, standards and data used conform with Client's requirements and / or those issued by Wood
- Prepare Process Flow Diagrams, Equipment specifications, Process Descriptions and P&IDs for review and approval
- Be responsible for the checking or approval of process calculations in accordance with Wood procedures
- Ensure a high standard of safety is achieved and Environmental and Quality Assurance procedures are followed
- Perform safety related calculations and provide input to Hazops, SIL and other safety reviews as directed
- Contribute where necessary to review of supplier quotations and reviews of the project 3D CAD model
- Communicate effectively within a multi-discipline design team in addition to Client and Supply Chain representatives to ensure project requirements and expectations are met
- Ensure all technical documents and data are prepared and structured in accordance with relevant design codes, standards and legislation
- Ensure the design satisfies all operational and safety requirement
- Check and verify engineering documents in line with the technical and quality plan
- Ensure that the work output of assigned staff complies with the relevant procedures
Wood have identified a requirement for a developing Piping Designer to join the business in their Darlington office on a staff basis.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is fresh in their career as a piping designer and is looking to grow with an award winning, established business.
As part of the office Piping team, you will continue to learn new methodology and further build a repertoire of skills to aide in the development of your career with Wood
- Execute Plant Layout and Piping discipline design and draughting activities within budget and schedule within a structured & supported environment.
- Execute, design and draughting activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development (FEED) & Detailed Design) as part of a design team.
- Prepare Plant Layout and Piping drawings and design deliverables to the required technical quality with support from more senior engineering personnel as required.
- Achieve safety standards as defined by Wood
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Standards and procedures.
- Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule.
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process.
- Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope.
- Maintain discipline filing system.
Wood Nuclear is recruiting for a Project Manager to be based at Heysham.
The PMR team within the Wood Nuclear business is looking for a skilled and experienced Project Manager to join our team supporting our key client EDF, and Nuclear Reactors at their UK plants, on our long term framework.
The GSUK team has an annual turnover in excess of £40M, contributing to the wider Wood Nuclear target.
The PMR team is split across multiple locations in the UK; from our home office in Knutsford, the client head office at Barnwood and at various plants around the UK.
You will be part of a large client lead team at the Heysham Power Station, supporting multiple projects within the station project portfolio.
The Project Manager sets the project execution strategy in agreement with the PPM and uses a cross-functional project team to deliver the project safely in line with company policies and procedures, achieving established goals and objectives within the agreed baseline.
- Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Applying the company project controls standards and developing, maintaining, reporting and trending an accurate project baseline.
- Securing, assigning and maintaining a project team containing all the resources required to successfully deliver the project, including specialist support staff.
- Leading and coaching the project team members creating a positive team working environment.
- Identifying and assessing risks and implementing effective risk mitigation strategies.
- Managing assigned projects from concept (Gate A) to close out (Gate D) and maintaining effective integrated project execution strategies and plans.
- Implementing and maintaining effective communication to the project team and all stakeholders including Station, regulators and central support functions to ensure full understanding and commitment to the deliverables.
- Meeting the specified project functional criteria.
- Controlling scope and cost to the agreed project baseline, instigating and managing change control as necessary.
- Contract management responsibilities where delegated in the F3 Nomination of Contract Roles form.
- Maintain regular involvement of and communications with the Project Sponsor.
- Ensuring that any control arrangements identified, as part of the implementation of Licence Conditions, are adhered to during the lifecycle of the project (for new plant this includes specific arrangements under SLC 19, 20 and 21)
Wood is currenlty recruiting for a Buyer to undertake effective execution of all aspects of procurement including negotiation, evaluation, award and post award management of procurement activity.
Assuring on time delivery of the correct quality goods and services at the best overall value.
Maximising procurement opportunities through standardisation, supplier relationship management and volume leverage.
Delivering on behalf of our clients as well as contributing to key functional objectives.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of procurement and expediting activities that they are responsible for.
- Responsible for the end to end sourcing process for the low/medium risk procurement activity assigned to them.
- Carry out price negotiations with suppliers to achieve demonstrable price reductions and capturing all internal and external in year savings targets as per business plan
- Ensures all procurement activities are carried out in accordance with the project execution plan/schedule and/or contracting strategy, within approved budgets and in line with project processes and procedures.
- Update the project / procurement status report (PSR) in line with project / client required on site dates and current / estimate lead times, notifying any delays to supply chain management.
- Utilisation of Wood Approved Supplier Register (ASR) supplemented when required by project/client approved supplier registers for supplier evaluation, audit, and selection.
- Carry out Supplier performance reviews and ongoing management ensuring corrective actions are taken where required.
- Carry out all activity in accordance with the Wood Supply Chain Code of Conduct, ensure that all statutory and legal requirements and applicable processes and procedures are complied with and all documents are filed accurately and fully auditable.
- Promote safe working practices and demonstrate safety commitment.
- Understands and lives Woods vision, values and behaviours.
- Understands and works to the Wood Financial Management Framework
Wood Nuclear are recruiting for a skilled and experienced Project Engineer (Construction) to join the PMR team to be based at Heysham 2 Power Station within the Clean Energy Generation Services UK business supporting our key client EDF, and their Nuclear Reactors at their UK plants, on our long-term framework with them. The GSUK team has an annual turnover in excess of £40M, contributing to the wider Clean Energy target. The PMR team is split across multiple locations in the UK; from our home office at Knutsford in Cheshire, the client head office at Barnwood in Gloucester and at various plants around the UK. As a Project Engineer (Construction), your internal line manager will be the PMR Framework Manager, but you will also be part of a large client lead team at on the of the client’s stations in the UK, supporting multiple projects within the UK wide project portfolio. The Project Engineer (Construction) holds the key responsibility for ensuring Contractor staff work to EDF Energy’s standards in Safety, Quality, Environment and Productivity. No direct reports.
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients andcommitted to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
- Establishes and reinforces high standards of performance in line with Project Procedures and applicable Standards. Shortfalls in meeting expectations are evaluated, understood and addressed promptly
- Ensures that ‘Setting to Work’ briefings are carried out and promote a strong safety and quality focus
- Carries out or assigns other SQEP staff to perform quality ‘Pre-Job briefings’ for all work activities
- Routinely reviews fleet OPEX and project lessons learned and applies to improve performance in their work area. Contributes to fleet OPEX and lessons learned
- Ensures safety audits, safety stand-downs and tool box talks are performed
- Management Directions and Expectations
- Priorities for daily activities are clearly communicated to personnel
- Actively encourages staff to acknowledge errors, seek help when needed and assume responsibility for actions to improve performance and quality
- Reinforces time keeping expectations and productivity
Planning and Implementing
- Ensures teams are adequately resourced to carry out the required work to the project schedule, including daily manning levels
- Monitors progress against the project schedule and provides regular reports as required by the Project Manager
- Reviews work week and project plans and attends project meetings to keep abreast of projects they are involved in
- Ensures site surveys and pre-job walk downs are carried out to ensure all aspects of the work are captured and any special requirements identified and actioned
- Conducts reviews of contractor method statements, risk assessments, other documents and drawings as required, approving as delegated by the Project Manager
- Prepares work order cards and supporting documents and drawings. Carries out role of APSA when authorised
Monitoring and Assessment
- Perform the duties of a Field Supervisor and performs supervision commensurate with the complexity and importance of the activity to ensure safety and quality of the work performed
- Routinely spends time in the field monitoring, observing and assessing performance to maintain and reinforce high standards of work.
- Aspects monitored include: work practices, application of HU tools, application of industrial safety and radiological protection practices, compliance with environmental requirements
- Perform the duties of a Nominated Supervisor when required
- Ensures that quality documentation is correctly adhered to and completed
- Ensures that all contractors carry out activities with full regard to site licence requirements, statutory regulations and local directives, procedures and safety rules
- Follow Up, Reinforcement and Feedback
- Ensures suitable post job debriefs are performed depending on the complexity of the task involved
- Ensures that lessons learned are identified and recorded, Condition Reports are raised, and documents amended as required
To the Construction Manager for:
- Ensuring that construction activities are carried out in accordance with the required standards, procedures and policies
- Early identification of safety or quality issues and/or concerns that either have the potential or will impact the project
To the Project Manager for:
- Early identification of issues and/or concerns that either have the potential or will impact the project baseline
- Providing accurate and timely information, data and reports regarding the project status, activities and performance
Approvals depend on the training and experience of the Construction Engineer but in principle are as follows:
- Approval of technical reports, contractor’s documents and drawings within agreed limits and specifically excluding documents needing EDF technical review.
- Approval of contractors risk assessments and method statements as delegated by the Project Manager
Wood is currently recruiting a Material Controller to undertake the effective receipt, storage, movement and control of all materials to support the business. To liaise with Supply Chain, user groups, third parties and Supply Base and Marine contractors to ensure that all materials and equipment are marshalled and shipped in accordance with company procedures and internal controls.
- Compliance with WGPSN Supply Chain procedures
- Manage interface from Engineering to Supply Chain
- Identification of shortages and surplus materials
- Allocation of materials procured against project material requirements
- Producing Shipping Documents for all material movements
- Producing Materials Status reporting to project and client
- Performing Goods Receipts in Procurement system
- Maintaining data integrity in Procurement & materials systems
- Coordinating material supply to Fabrication sub-contractors
- Expediting delivery of Fabricated items to warehouse or job site
- Liaison with Construction and Procurement to co-ordinate all Piping and Structural Fabrication Orders.
- Ensuring correct maintenance and preservation of materials is undertaken for stored equipment
- Requesting and control of supply of small plant and equipment items required for project execution
- Marshalling and issue of materials aligned to job cards and project schedule
- Assuring material deliveries aligned to boat sailing schedules
- Attending Project Progress Meetings.
- Attending Purchase Order Pre-Production Meetings.
- Liaison with all Project personnel and client representatives.
- Other tasks as directed by line manager.
Wood is searching for a Lead Riser Engineering analyst to support our subsea structural team in Aberdeen.
To support our growing workload, Wood is searching for a Lead subsea riser engineer to strengthen our projects team.
The role involves all aspects of dynamic riser systems engineering from conceptual sizing through to detailed design engineering, operational support and procurement management.
This role requires a combination of skills including riser system dynamic analysis, ancillary component engineering and installation analysis.
It is expected that the applicant will have knowledge across these areas.
Wood is searching for a Senior Riser Engineer to support our subsea structural team in Aberdeen.
To support our growing workload, Wood is searching for a senior subsea riser engineer to strengthen our projects team.
The role involves all aspects of riser systems engineering and operations from conceptual layouts through to detailed design engineering, operational support and procurement management.
This role requires a combination of skills including riser system dynamic analysis, ancillary component engineering, installation analysis, development of scopes of work / ITT packages and package engineering.
It is expected that the applicant will have knowledge across these areas.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Test Analyst to join it's GoTechnology team in our Aberdeen office on a fixed term contract basis.
- Software Testing (Manual and Automation)
- Maintaining and ensuring the quality process responsible for timely delivery of application software
To work within the parameters of ISO 9001:2015. Responsibilities will include:
- Working within current test practices and approaches
- Proactively and reactively ensuring the agreed test activities are delivered
- Review and analysis of software requirements
- Preparing test plans, test scripts and test data
- Performing system and exploratory testing
- Defect reporting
- Positive nature
- Collaborative working manner
- Creation and maintenance of automation test scripts
- Maintenance of automation framework
Wood is currently recruiting for Crane, Rigging, Lifting and Scaffolding Supervisor responsible for the planning and safe execution of all on-site Construction Crane, Rigging, Scaffolding and Lifting activities. Lead construction work crews to safely deliver discipline activities in compliance with EMPNG and Wood work instructions using current best practice techniques in multicultural environment.
Reporting to the Construction Coordinator, this role will be primarily based at the Hides Gas Conditioning Plant (HGCP) in PNG on rotational basis (28 days on/off).
- Responsible for all site construction Crane, Lifting, Rigging and Scaffold activities
- Plans and controls the Construction interface between site and site office
- Accountable for site planning and resource management including subcontractors to ensure safe and timely execution of work activities as per project plans
- Responsible for site IR management – ability to handle minor IR issues and grievances
- Participate and own the work break down structure for each Project as documented in the Project Execution Plans
- Able to support the development of Lift Plans including collation of necessary Lift Plan documentation in accordance with EM Crane & Lifting Tier 1 Best Practice
- Responsible for the safe execution of Lift and Scaffolding Plans
- Actively input to Construction estimate / CTR’s (in collaboration with the Construction Engineers
- Actively promotes excellence in H&S by setting clear H&S expectations for site
- Supervision of small-to-medium sized, construction crews with multiple work assignments and locations.
- Instructing the work crew on job scope and checking their work methods, output, punctuality, and job progress
- Responsible for accurate site progress reporting, ensuring accurate capture of direct and non-productive man hours.
- Responsible for creating the necessary permits and risk assessments for work activities
- Sets clear expectations for individuals and teams, communicate organisation, roles and responsibilities, and provide ongoing coaching/mentoring and skill development support.
Wood is currently recruiting a SIS/FGS Engineer with extensive experience in automation and control to support our projects in Woking. The SIS/FGS Engineer will be responsible for the implementation of customised complex and/or standard engineering solutions, usually representing significant portions, (work packages) of a large project, to successful completion and within budgeted time and cost constraints. To support the implementation of projects in line with company objectives including continuous improvement of margin, customer satisfaction, schedule, working capital and safety performance.
- Provides Expertise in at least one Automation Technical Area
- Plays a primary role in defining Automation and Controls deliverable requirement and system design
- Supports the Principal Automation Engineer in accomplishing project objectives
- Leads project sub-teams during system design and implementation
- Applies integration concepts to a wide variety of systems and across multiple vendor platforms
- Leads technical aspects of automation project design and / or implementation
- Experience of Honeywell Safety Manager Systems
- Leads the configuration, database and / or programming activities
- SIS/FGS I/O Assignments
- SIS/FGS Software Template Assignments
- SIS/FGS FS/DDS
- SIS/FGS Configuration
- Control Narrative Review
- Internal SIS/FGS FAT Lead
- Customer SIS/FGS FAT Lead
- Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents and material and equipment specifications.
- Resolves speciality related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards
Wood is currently recruiting for a Framework Design Manager in our Infrastructure Business Unit, to be based in our office in Leeds.
Wood provides a wide range of environmental and engineering services to both the municipal and industrial markets covering all aspects of water, wastewater and solid waste management and treatment.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineering professional to lead and co-ordinate multi-discipline engineering teams, in partnership with Interserve, to manage the concurrent delivery of water and wastewater related non-infrastructure design projects for Yorkshire Water, procured through its AMP7 non-infrastructure D&C Frameworks.
You will be responsible for the management and co-ordination of Wood’s contribution to projects from mini-bid, through to concept and detailed design, and construction support as needed to enable consistent and excellent delivery for Interserve.
Your will be accountable for achieving engineering excellence, ensuring appropriate technical and commercial assurance, and team compliance with Wood quality systems, encouraging innovation and lean ways of working, enabling safe and competent delivery of projects, and for appropriate development of your direct staff resource.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The key duties and responsibilities of the Framework Design Manager role are as follows:
- Work together with the Wood Framework Design Director, and in close liaison with Interserve Framework Manager, to create, develop and co-ordinate a multi-discipline engineering design offering, focussed on the delivery of Yorkshire Water AMP7 non-infrastructure projects;
- Liaise with and co-ordinate the Wood Project Design Leads across the Wood E&IS offices to manage the delivery of mini-bids, concept and detailed design in support of the Interserve programme of work for Yorkshire Water;
- Contribute to the management and improvement of Technical Assurance, working with the Chief Technical Lead to establish, maintain and monitor assurance within the Infrastructure business unit;
- Support the Municipal Water Costlink Manager to achieve turnover, gross margin and %margin targets and budgets – in line with business requirements and expectation;
- Ensure all necessary and agreed project design gateway processes and procedures are followed – and ensure conformity with all Wood quality systems and procedures;
- Work with the Wood Framework Commercial Manager to develop time and cost estimates, delivery schedules and programmes, and ensure timely invoicing – in line with business requirements and expectations;
- Support the Regional Resource Managers to develop technical and engineering capacity, capability and competence - in line with business requirements and expectations;
- Lead and manage the Civil, Process, Mechanical and Electrical/ ICA teams in the Leeds office – in liaison and agreement with the North East Regional Resource Manager;
- Support the Regional Resource Managers and Functional Staff Managers in the recruitment of key staff in line with work availability and business strategy;
- Co-ordinate and deliver staff management duties required, for direct and indirect staff team including periodic appraisals, salary reviews, performance management and development planning – in liaison with the North East Regional Resource Manager;
- Provide encouragement, drive and vision for the engineering design team in Leeds;
- Coach and mentor key staff, working with others to encourage and achieve the professional qualification/ recognition of your direct and indirect resource group – in liaison with the Regional Resource Managers and Infrastructure Director;
- Support the resource planning and budget development for the North East team – in liaison and agreement with the North East Regional Resource Manager;
- Develop relationships with key competitors and partners/ clients working alongside Wood with Yorkshire Water;
- Represent Wood, on behalf of Interserve, on Yorkshire Water technical committees and communities of practice – including facilitating and/ or presenting at ‘internal’ conferences, workshops and seminars, and holding positions of influence;
- Ensure delivery in accordance with the requirements of CDM Regulations 2015;
- Coordinate HHSEQ and technical assurance of Civil, Process, Mechanical and Electrical/ ICA functions for Wood’s input to Yorkshire Water AMP7 non-infrastructure projects;
- Encourage, promote and facilitate the digital transformation in the approach and methodology of delivering engineering designs and management of projects;
- Support the development of a Synchro 4D/ 5D design and construction sequencing approach and methodology;
- Support lean engineering/ design methodologies to make marginal gains in delivery efficiency and increase EBIT/ gross profit margins – and help facilitate a ‘lean initiative’ across Yorkshire Water AMP7 non-infrastructure projects.