Amec Foster Wheeler is recruiting a Finance Manager to join our growing team in Brunei. The exciting project will run for at least five years, adopting our world class systems and making use of our extensive global expertise.
Successful applicants will be responsible for the leadership, management, supervision and guidance of the day to day activities for delivery of the Financial Management scope. This scope will cover deliverables, planning, option selection and economic reviews. This is an end to end rejuvenation scope and as such will involve interfacing with other disciplines, planning, construction, procurement, and client operations.
- Reporting to the Financial Controller, the main functions of the role will be to partner and work with managers across business disciplines to achieve corporate financial goals and objectives
- Responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of financial results and the preparation fo forecast and other financial analyses
- Hands on responsibility for quarterly forecasting, annual cost budget and financial plan
- Ensure that processes and documentation of Finance Function are Sarbanes Oxley compliant
- Lead the Accounting team and work with team members to achieve work excellence
- Responsible for compliance with audit, corporate tax for all entities managed by the Regional Finance Organization
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP and Wood financial policies in areas supervised and in the reports submitted to Corporate Office
- Provide guidance and review fo compliances with GST requirements and reporting and ensure that GST treatment is applied correctly for transaction handled by staff under supervision
- Oversee aspects of Project Accounting that have impact on the above areas of responsibilities including overdue receivables reporting, provision of bad debt, employee receivables
- Review of Revenue Recognition and Profit Recognition to ensure compliance with Corporate Controllers' Manual
- Review Time Management interface transactions and be one of the key process owner together with IT, HR and Cost Control
Wood is currently recruiting for Piping Design Engineer / Senior Piping Design Engineer.
- Design of all piping on assigned projects and prepare project specific standards and job notes
- Sign drawings / documents as originator / checker in accordance with correct procedures
- Support preparation of project standards and procedures
- Ensure engineering and design quality, technical accuracy of drawings, material quantities etc.
- Experience in more complex piping systems such as lined and jacketed pipe
- Skill in pipe support selection and capable of preparing special pipe support designs
- Execute of assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures and client and projects standards
- Adhere to engineering procedures for design safety and adopting safe attitudes towards engineering design and raising features affecting the safety and integrity of the project with appropriate authorities
- Correct interpretation and implementation of all piping CAD and system related functions in their appointed area
- Check piping bulk MTO and requisitions
- Basic understanding of material management system, stress analysis concepts and applicable codes and standards
- Notify the Project Engineer of all deficiencies in the flow of data or other basic information required for execution of work
- Attend co - ordination meetings and engineering review meetings with suppliers as required
- Assist supervisor with the project progress reports
Wood is now Recruiting for a Senior Field Instruments and Controls Engineer who has the high-level experience to assist our client with onsite I&C optimization activities.
We look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes.
In this role you will be using your passed technical knowledge and problem-solving skills to assist on site I&C teams on the Ichthys LNG plant site in Darwin NT Australia.
Position Specifics & Deliverables:
- Strong experience with on site I&C Commissioning and Completions activities.
- Provide solutions to I&C installation issues and equipment optimization.
- Design and field experience is a must on an LNG onshore Plant.
- Strong background in Oil & Gas and or LNG projects in Australia
- Assist other discipline site engineers and INLEC teams with technical queries.
- Proven field to Client office interface on TQ.
- Review and approve vendor data.
- Perform and advise site inspections, functionality testing and commissioning.
Wood is currently recruiting Civil & Structural - Engineer / Senior Engineer for our Chennai office.
- Specialist Engineer in Engineering Design & Detailing of Civil & Structural works of Oil & Gas OFFSHORE projects.
- Must have worked in SAACS software in Analysis & Design
- Hands on experience on model review in PDS/PDMS platform is must.
- Experience as Area Lead Engineer / Checking Engineer in at least one project.
- Experience on preparation of the Design calculation through XL spread sheet will be plus point.
- Preferred Field Engineering Experience after completion of home office engineering in one project
offshore oil & Gas experience will be added advantage
- Area Lead Civil Engineer / Checking Engineer -Taking responsibility of one or two process units
Leading & Controlling about 6-12 team members
- Reporting to Lead Civil Engineer
- Coordination with other disciplines, project & site for Civil inputs, schedules and related issues
- Preparing / Checking of Calculations, General Arrangement & Detail Drawings and MTO
- Attending inter discipline meetings, internal model reviews & model review with client
- Monitoring and meeting the project schedules on submissions of Civil deliverables
- Ensuring all deliverables are comply with quality as per FW /Client specifications & standards.
- Review of vendor drawings/other discipline drawings for adequacy of Civil design input requirements.
- Structures like Pipe rack/ Pipe bridges & Process structures/Equipment support structures
- Equipment foundation such as Heat Exchanger, Vertical & Horizontal vessels/drum, Columns/ Tower, Compressor & pumps
- Pump Houses / Lift station and Tank farm
- Control room & Substation buildings
- Must have sound working experience in using Indian ,British and American standards for Civil & structural works.
- Thorough experience in production of deliverables such as General arrangement drawings for Civil & steel works, RC Detail drawings , Steel connection detail drawing & supporting Calculations.
- Should have experience on constructability review.
- Exposure to dynamic analysis of Pumps & Compressor foundations using GT Strudl & Blast resistance design of structure is added advantage.
- Exposure to American petroleum Industry requirement for Civil & Structural works will be plus point.
- Experience in Seismic design as per IS1893- 2002 using response spectrum method is desirable.
Wood is looking for expression of interest from Senior Mechanical Engineer who aspire to be part of a team, delivering powerful results. We look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution.
Join our collaborative team, working side by side with a global specialist chemicals company on a new and innovative project in the growing Lithium resources market to design, engineer and construct a world class processing facility. We have a diverse range of opportunities within our Perth office and further positions in the South West.
The greenfield project targeted to go into production in 2020 will produce Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate from a 3 train processing plant with a forecasted 60,000 per annum (Tpa) output. Further expansion plans into 2025 will see a total production of 100,000 tonnes per annum. The plant is to be constructed at the Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area approximately 160 km south of Perth, Western Australia and 17 km north-east of the thriving regional centre of Bunbury.
About the role
- Prepare deliverables of the discipline design section in line with the needs of the customer and regulatory authorities
- Responsible for production of engineering deliverables including HAZOP, models, milestones, peers, drawings, calculations, specifications, reports and evaluations
- Ensure that information flow to drafting and other disciplines serves to maximise output (clear, concise, correct and practical)
- Provide technical support to the onsite construction teams, projects department and estimating department
- Review and approve vendor data and oversee design scope changes
- Perform site inspections, functionality testing and commissioning documentation
- Analyse feedback from fabricators and construction personnel to improve performance
Wood is currently recruiting for a junior Process Engineer to join our team in Brisbane. Reporting to the Discipline Lead Engineer, the successful applicant will be part of a busy project team delivering Oil & Gas projects for our clients.
- Process engineering services to the client, ranging from conceptual, front-end, detailed design, as-built and close-out activities for timely delivery of project deliverables according to approved schedules
- Completes a variety of complex process engineering computations, HYSYS simulation (steady & dynamic) modelling, prepare P&ID’s, PFD’s, heat and material balances, instruments and equipment data sheets, utilities and chemical summaries
- Performs hydraulics and overpressure/blowdown calculations and participates in safety reviews
Wood is currently recruiting for a Engineering Delivery Coordinator to be based in Woking.
Main Purpose of the Job:
- Supports the Engineering Support Lead with management of change and act as deputy as required
- Coordinate delivery of agreed engineering scope to the correct quality, schedule and assigned budget
- Manage the common delivery support teams i.e. CAD team, MRB team, plus others if required
- Acts in Supervisory role in project definition, development, and execution
- Coordinate with Area Project Managers, Project Engineers and Lead Engineers to ensure correct implementation of the design and engineering requirements
- Co-coordinating and managing the technical engineering interface between the MAC, its delivery partners and site
- Assist in resolving specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards
- To act as focal point for expediting and resolution of engineering issues (technical, scope, quality or schedule)
- Coordinate delivery of AFC Deliverables to meet project schedule requirements
- Work closely with the Project Engineers to prioritise and schedule work and maintain prioritised task list
- Support maintaining and tracking of a level 4 plan (linked back to the level 3 plan) to provide clear focus and direction to the engineering team
- Support management of resource requirements, utilization plan and resource forecasts
- Support Engineering Lead with tracking of budget, spend rate and KPIs for the Engineering Team
Wood is currently recruiting for an Administration Assistant for our busy Woking office.
Main duties include, but limited to:
- Greeting visitors
- Induction for New Starters
- IT for New Starters
- Screening phonecalls
- Ensuring security entry cards and photo ID cards are issued
- Coordinate meeting arrangments including room bookings
- Raising Purchase Orders as necessary
- Receive, sort and distribute project mail and deliveries
- Facilitating expenses
- General administration support for Office Manager and projects
- Have experience in the oil/gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, infrastructure industries on large to mega projects.
- Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents, and material and equipment specifications.
- Must have working knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications.
- Demonstrates ability to work with others.
- Has demonstrated capabilities in designing independently with minimum supervision.
- Must have working knowledge of project QA/QC requirements
- Must have knowledge of civil design practices, calculations, design details, international codes and standards.
- Has experience in preparation of bill of materials
- Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents.
- Resolves specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes, and standards.
- Carry out the detailed design, drawings and calculation for projects assigned by HoD/Project Manager or Lead Engineer.
- With knowledge on appropriate codes of practice and standards.
- Able to use design and assessment methods under minimum supervision.
- Aware of analytical methods used within discipline and theoretical background.
- Able to identify personal training/education opportunities.
Amec Foster Wheeler E&I GmbH, a subsidiary of John Wood Group plc in the Netherlands, is a focused supplier of consultancy, engineering and project management services to its customers in the world's oil and gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. Wood designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets and employs more than 55,000 people in over 60 countries worldwide.
We are currently recruiting an Assistant Compliance Consultants/ Environmental Technician to support our Benelux team working from our Arnhem or Brussels office. The new position is for current and upcoming projects for Commercial-Industrial sector clients as well as the Governmental sector in the Benelux.
The responsibilities of an Environmental Compliance Specialist / Permitting Expert include:
- Assisting clients to comply with environmental regulations and requirements
Supporting with the execution of environmental due diligence assessments / site assessments
- Drafting of simple environmental permitting (application) documents
- Hazard assessment of chemicals
- Support the Execution of technical background studies related to site assessments, environmental impact assessments, permits, etc.
- Assist with the execution of risk assessments, risk inventories etc.
With Wood, you will receive a salary and benefits that meet market standards and have the opportunity to work in a diversified international company with strong growing ambitions. Furthermore Wood will support your professional development by coaching and (on the job) training. With this position you will be part of a dynamic client focused team in a supportive environment.
Amec Foster Wheeler is recruiting a Cost Engineer to join our team in Brunei. The project will run over a five - year period with a possible two - year extension. Amec Foster Wheeler has many years of experience in carrying such projects all over the world and it is our intention to bring our world class systems to this project.
Successful applicants will be responsible for estimating the cost of projects including multiple ‘Brown Field’ modifications. This role will be working closely with and supporting the Senior Commercial Administrator and reference should also be made to the individual responsibilities in health, safety, environmental and quality (SHEQ) matters detailed for this position within the Oil and Gas SHEQ Manual.
- Provide Cost Engineering service to the contract with responsibility for the accurate Cost Reporting of complete projects or individual elements within major projects
- Expenditure Analysis / Reporting
- Preparation and maintenance of project cost control structures
- Monitor and report costs against Project Target Cost Estimates (TCEs)
- Allocate costs to appropriate Cost Centers
- Prepare project cost reports, Value of Work Done & monthly budget forecasts
- Prepare project cost reconciliations (project escalations, variations)
- Validation and approval of subcontractor invoices
- Manage & Operate Brownfield Management Suite Systems
- Meetings, Reports & Communication
- Contribute to the Monthly Cost Forecasting Meeting
- Contribute to the Contract Commercial Meeting
- Liaise with personnel at all levels within the Contract Services Team and within discrete Projects
Wood is currently looking for a Lead Electrical Engineer to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq. The successful candidate will be working on a 28 days on / 28 days off rotation.
This is an office position based in Basra and will involve occasional visits to various sites across Southern Iraq.
- To manage the Electrical Engineering and design team in country
- To have single-point responsibility for all electrical engineering deliverables and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the customers policies and procedures
- To ensure that the overall project is delivered to meet the asset operational needs
- To provide direction and guidance on all technical queries relating to electrical engineering
- To participate in all project safety and design reviews as necessary
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- To liaise with the customers Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion
- To promote safe behaviour at all times
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning and start-up
- To provide technical support to site in terms of material inspection, Factory Acceptance Testing etc
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to electrical systems
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required
- To attend weekly progress meetings and generate status reports for the Engineering/Project Manager
Wood has a fantastic opportunity for PMC Portfolio Manager to join the Wood team in Abu Dhabi. This is an excellent leadership opportunity for an individual with the right experience, looking to take the next step in their career journey. This is an exceptional opportunity to positively contribute to the ongoing growth of the Wood Middle East business.
The Portfolio Manager role is accountable for the delivery and management of the ADNOC PMC main framework contract, managing the portfolio of PMC projects in various international locations. As PMC Portfolio Manager, you will be responsible for managing the effective relationships internally with functional support and externally with our customer. This will be achieved through an effective handover from proposals, the development of a commercial plan, and a project management plan for the framework contract.
You will be responsible for identifying talent needs and establishing a highly motivated core team in partnership with resourcing, to coordinate and deliver the contract requirements. In doing so, you will also identify the key performance indicators, performance metrics and HSE expectations. It is also an expectation that the Contract Manager upholds the highest standard of ethical conduct in line with the Wood code of conduct and ensures the PMC team do likewise. To be considered for this role you must have:
- Develop Risk Registers at Framework Contract level and Work Order level and establish and deliver mitigation actions to maintain the impact to Wood as low as reasonably practical
- Coordinate the receipt of Work Order / Call Off Order requests from the client and development and submission of proposals accordingly, including coordination of input from Wood entities in the services locations, and obtaining required internal approvals
- Maintain an accurate manpower requirement plan and coordinate the sourcing of suitable candidates with Resourcing / entities in the location of services outside the UAE, submission of CVs to the client, interviews and MMRs approval
- Ensure the required Wood corporate functions are effectively engaged in supporting the delivery of services under the Framework Contract
- Coordinate with internal providers the provision of resources to meet committed timelines for awarded Work Orders / Call Off Orders
- Provide leadership and direction to Wood PMC teams to keep them engaged in Wood and motivated in their roles on the projects therefore achieving a high level of client satisfaction
- Manage the interfaces with the clients to maintain a high level of satisfaction of Wood services delivery to help maximise Wood’s opportunity for involvement in more projects
- Make suitable arrangements to embed Wood HSSEA policies and expectations within Wood PMC Team as appropriate alongside client HSE Management System
- Implement a competence framework for PMC personnel, including the mandated Wood and client training plus job specific training needs, based on Wood Competency Management Policy
- Ensure compliance with Wood Operation Assurance Standard, HSSEA Management System and Quality Management System and ensure that actions are taken to address any gaps
- Ensure accurate invoices are raised, submitted and paid within Wood declared cashflow target
- Issue a Monthly Management Report that will be subject to management review
- Ensure that an accurate Cost Value Report is issued monthly within the financial reporting cycle
- Issue reports to the client at Framework Contract and Work Order levels as required under the Framework Contract and the Work Orders
- Manage the Framework Contract and Work Orders terms to maximise Wood’s return and minimize Contractual / Commercial risks (e.g. avoid Liquidated Damage)
- Effectively manage changes to avoid any commitment from Wood without formal client approval being in place
- Ensure all PMC personnel under scope of responsibility undergo yearly PDR (My Success Plan) to align personnel objectives with client and Wood business objectives and facilitate conversations about performance
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Instrument Designer based in our Glasgow offices with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Contributing to the delivery of Engineering excellence through:
- Managing and leading teams.
- Definition and approval of technical scopes.
- Provide technical expertise to the business.People:
- Executing assigned scopes of work
- Provides coaching and mentoring for direct reports.
- Actively supports recruitment, selection, transfers and promotion of resources to meet succession and business plans.
- Support the development and retention of motivated and competent people.
- Ensures competence of deputies.
- Manages performance of direct reports.
- Process Ownership:
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Monitor compliance with competence standards.
- Participate in incident investigations as required.
- Set performance expectations for direct reports.Subject Matter Expertise: General: Interact with team members in a positive and professional manner at all times.Process:
- Subject Matter Expertise:
- Competent in the execution of standards, processes and procedures to effect delivery of operations excellence.
- Provide strong leadership in promoting, demonstrating and being a role model in accordance with company core values, ethics policy and leadership framework.
- Competent in own discipline to provide support to the business.
- Demonstrate current knowledge with industry and technology development within discipline area.
- Demonstrate continual professional development.
- Competent in knowledge of regulatory framework and associated legislation.
- General Competencies:
- Communication in written and spoken forms. Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Provide discipline support to the business.
- Ensuring learning opportunities are captured and realised.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation.
- Proficient in scope definition
- Deputising for lead as required.
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports / respective team.
- Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities.
- Manage and direct resources efficiently and effectively.Internal:
- Interact with multi-discipline Engineering teams
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate across the project/contract interfaces.
- Engage with inter-discipline community and promote discipline including: networking/knowledge sharing.
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Civil / Structural Designers.
- Produce civil deliverable 3D model and drawings i.e. earthworks, piling, foundations, superstructures, underground services, paving and buildings inclusive of reinforcement detailing and reinforcement bending schedules where applicable. Drawings to be produced utilizing design sketches as provided by Civil Engineering group and extracted views from the 3D model. All drawings to be produced in accordance with client, corporate and national standards, specifications and procedures as applicable
- Produce structural deliverable 3D model and drawings i.e. pipe racks and pipe support steelwork, equipment support and access structures, vertical vessel circular access platforms and buildings. Drawings to be produced utilizing design sketches as provided by Civil Engineering group and extracted views from the 3D model. All drawings to be produced in accordance with client, corporate and national standards, specifications and procedures as applicable
- Liaise with respective Civil Engineer on engineering related issues
- Liaise with lead, senior designers and designers from Piping, Electrical, Instrumentation, Vessels and Mechanical group as necessary
Wood is a world leader in construction, design, and engineering contracting with a reputation for delivering high quality, technically-advanced, reliable facilities. Our project needs are increasing in all parts of the business and our culture is changing in line with commercial evolution. We are currently seeking a Lead Cost Engineer, based in our Reading office to grow the Cost team. We are particularly looking for people who are dedicated, engaged and wish to take that next step on the career ladder supported by a move into a new, challenging and dynamic environment.
You will be responsible for providing a complete Cost Engineering service to both project and corporate management for Proposal and Project Operations, this may include supervision of cost engineering team on larger projects.
- Establishing project requirements, in conjunction with Project Control Manager, with regards to scope of services, organisation and job specific procedures and cost reporting
- Establishing manhour, materials quantity and cost budgets, control and forecasting of direct and indirect costs
- Reporting to client and internal management
- Providing on the job training and guidance for junior Cost Engineers
- Maintaining close liaison with client personnel to maintain satisfactory working relationships and to identify potential problem areas
Wood is currently recruiting for an Expeditor with extensive experience in the nuclear industry.
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
- Co-ordination and Management of suppliers and Sub-Contractors from purchase award through Design, Engineering, Manufacture, Testing, Delivery to site, collation of final Manuals, Certification Dossiers, Commissioning and Contract close-out.
- Attending contract award kick-off meetings. Review of the documentation deliverables in line with the Contract and Specifications. Receipt of supplier documentation and validation prior to processing via document control, extensive co-ordination with the Engineering Leads, Procurement Team, QA/QC Inspectors and Site Co-ordinators for logistics and site deliveries.
- Reporting directly to the project team and project management via materials, documentation tracking reports, and invoice schedules.
- Carry out supplier progress visits to ensure the supplier(s) are meeting their deadlines, by guiding and assisting with daily issues to ensure they meet their Contractual obligations, producing the best quality, on time and without delay.
- Proficient in the use of JMMS which is utilised on the BEP Project for material expediting and control is desirable but full training will be provided
Wood are currently recruiting for a P&O Manager to work in our Singapore office. The main focus of this position is to oversee the overall P&O function in the Singapore office, in the following areas: recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits, employee welfare, employee relations, performance management and coordination on the internal and external affairs.
- Build strong and effective relationships with managers and staff at all levels of the organization
- Act as a trusted business partner to managers throughout the employees’ life cycle, assisting with recruitment, performance management, career pathing, compensation, benefits, learning & development and employment separations
- Primary point of contact for managers and employees for inquiries about general P&O information, programs or company procedures
- Research complex employee issues and work with managers and counsel as necessary in determining the best outcome for the situation
- Drive local implementation of corporate P&O programs
- Partner with the Business Manager/s to collaboratively design and implement the Total Reward Strategy in Wood to attract, retain and motivate the right talent within the organization
- Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of benefits by: studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; and designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs
- Ensure administrative and transactional work such as offers, salary increases, promotions, transfers and assignments are completed accurately and within policy
- Provide advice to managers on the completion of PDRs as necessary. Help calibrate ratings and support development activities
- Liaise with L&D team to obtain, maintain and develop knowledge of available internal and external development activities
- Ensure Succession Plans are in place and implemented for each of the businesses
- Continually assess employee engagement and morale, and work with leaders to develop initiatives to ensure the workplace culture exemplifies the core company values
- Lead change management projects and manage the P&O related internal and external communication
- Manage grievances, counselling and disciplinary actions in an expeditious manner
- Develop, update and implement P&O policies, procedures and guidelines that are aligned to business needs, in order to ensure a systematic and integrated approach to P&O processes across Wood businesses in the Philippines
- Oversee recording and maintenance of human resource information and employee records in the HRIS and relevant document management systems
- Manage the day to day P&O services in the Singapore office to provide cost effective and efficient P&O solutions that maximizes productivity, confidence and effectiveness of the organization
- Lead, coach and develop local human resource staff
Wood is currently recruiting for a Crane Operator with experience in the oil and gas industry for Equatorial Guinea in West Africa. This will be a 10/3 rotation working 6 days a week.
Heavy equipment operators safely operate heavy machinery (Backhoe, , Excavator, Stacker, Forklift,
Tele handler & Cranes of different capacity and makes .) used in construction and maintenance work.
Heavy equipment operators to work as part of a Maintenance Support crew and report directly to the
Rigging and Lifting Supervisor/HEO coordinator
• Operate a variety of material-moving equipment daily according to schedule and instruction from
the Rigging and Lifting Supervisor, choosing and setting up the right crane, lift or hoist to complete
each task safely and efficiently
• Have knowledge and ability to create Critical Lift plans , correctly categorize lifts for routine & non
routine , use load charts
• Inspect machines and equipment daily, perform routine maintenance procedures and minor repairs
as required and initiate additional repair requests from mechanics when necessary
• Control cranes, lifts and other equipment using standard operating procedures to ensure effective
transportation of materials and safety for all personnel on site
• Create and update detailed log of material transportation operations, including information about
type of material, movement locations and additional data requested by the Supervisor
• Listen to Rigging and Lifting Supervisor’s plan prior to start of every shift, and complete all required
tasks accurately and within assigned deadlines with limited supervision
• Maintain visual and radio contact with ground operators according to best practices and site safety
regulations, and respond to questions and instructions clearly and quickly
• Provide additional support to other crane operators as necessary, including working overtime to
complete tasks, operating several types of equipment and training or monitoring junior operators
• Required to work a reasonable amount of overtime in line with company operational requirements
• Have willingness to perform tasks out with own discipline under guidance of department SME as
requested by Supervision
• Requirement to actively participate with positive input in all toolbox talks, safety meetings and the
client's reporting program
• Actively show willingness to learn through structured Technical Training and on site coaching
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Instrument Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Responsibilities will include -
- Provides coaching and mentoring for direct reports
- Actively supports recruitment, selection, transfers and promotion of resources to meet succession and business plans
- Support the development and retention of motivated and competent people
- Ensures competence of deputies
- Manages performance of direct reports
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Monitor compliance with competence standards
- Participate in incident investigations as required
- Set performance expectations for direct reports
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development
- Provide discipline support to the business
- Ensuring learning opportunities are captured and realised
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation
- Proficient in scope definition
- Deputising for Lead as require
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports / respective team
- Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities
- Manage and direct resources efficiently and effectively
- Perform the role of Technical Authority when appointed to do so