Wood is looking for an E&I Package Manager who aspires to be part of a team, delivering powerful results. We look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution.
Join our collaborative team, working side by side with a global specialist chemicals company on a new and innovative project in the growing Lithium resources market to design, engineer and construct a world class processing facility. We have a diverse range of opportunities within our Perth office and further positions in the South West.
The greenfield project targeted to go into production in 2020 will produce Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate from a 3 train processing plant with a forecasted 60,000 per annum (Tpa) output. Further expansion plans into 2025 will see a total production of 100,000 tonnes per annum. The plant is to be constructed at the Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area approximately 160 km south of Perth, Western Australia and 17 km north-east of the thriving regional centre of Bunbury.
Position Specifics and Deliverables
- Provide leadership and direction to the project team in order to fulfill contractual commitments and to satisfy client and Wood requirements
- Plan, execute and manage the procurement and construction functions
- Develop, maintain and implement the Project Execution Plan and Project Management Plans including the HSSE and QA Plans in accordance with Wood systems and procedures
- Control and coordinate communications with client, project team and other stakeholders to ensure the project is executed in accordance with overall objectives and commitments
- Manage the commercial aspects of the project and ensure compliance and evidence with client and Wood commercial requirements
- Identify, report and manage risks and opportunities
- Provide effective management and control of suppliers and contractors
Wood is currently recruiting for a Commercial Administrator with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
The Site Commercial Administrator will be engaged on an industrial painting maintenance contract at the Valero Pembroke Refinery, South Wales. The role is to provide administrative support to the Site Manager and visiting Quantity Surveyor, an attention to detail with a pro-active work ethic is essential.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure all Site Administrative duties are performed diligently in a timely manner
- Compile and update commercial tracker spreadsheets as directed by the visiting Quantity Surveyor
- Preparation of timesheets
- Accurate data entry into commercial tracker spreadsheets
- Maintaining training records and booking training courses
- Raising purchase requisitions
- Raising Invoices
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior E/I Workpack Engineer to develop our team in IRAQ with a key elements being the development and mentoring National engineers.
Successful candidate would be working on a 28 / 28 rotation.
- To facilitate and formulate Construction Work-packs in line with Client’s objective of progressing Work Order completion timely and to project schedule
- Provide construction input to estimates as and when required
- Review design documents and provide constructability input to designs
- Produce sequenced Activity data, Test and Inspection Matrices and compile workpacks which detail all construction activities
- Undertake visits to facilities/sites to support the development of the workpacks,review designs and liaise with Construction Supervisors
- Identify any Specialist Vendor Support, Tools and Equipment required to implement scope
- Liaising with study team lead discipline engineers on developing solutions on FEED Studies
- Interface with Client’s Operations groups as & when necessary
- Taking part in site surveys and generation of reports where required
- Writing of construction / operational section of FEED report
- Formulate Construction Work-packs in line with Project procedures for content, and accuracy.
- Assist with construction input to Bid preparation
- Development of Construction CTRs for Bid estimates
- Thorough working knowledge of ITR’s for E&I completion & Pre-commissioning activities
- Involved in Effective Change Management
- Liaise closely with Wood Engineering on all aspects of design and technical data
- Coordinate & carry out required timely Constructability reviews, in line with Model progression
- Ensure the required Constructability Readiness reviews are addressed to suit the work-pack deliverable timing
- Liaise strongly with Supply Chain for materials & equipment deliverables for alignment to the overall project schedules
- Coordinate with Project controls on the progress of work order issuance, and proposed completion dates
- Ensure relevant CTR’s are monitored for accuracy of time recording during Work-pack formulation and final issue
- Participate in HSE improvement activities, promoting HSE elements throughout Work Pack development where ever possible.
- Full working knowledge of construction activities in relation to the relevant Electrical & Instrumentation discipline
- Ability to review engineering design drawings and challenge work content for any improvement / cost effective methodology that can be adopted without compromise to safety. Also to be able to challenge engineering detail for possible areas of where hot work can be reduced/minimised.
Salary: £Competitive + benefits
Acoustic Consultant – London
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions UK Limited are currently recruiting an Acoustic Consultant to work in our London office. The successful candidate will work alongside our technical specialists in the Environment & Infrastructure team in Canary Wharf, and across the UK. We are seeking an enthusiastic acoustician who would enjoy helping to build our London team while growing their skills in a dynamic, flexible and supportive environment.
Our Noise & Vibration team has over the last 15 years become one of the UK's leading acoustic consultancies working on nationally significant Infrastructure projects in the aviation, construction, clean energy, minerals and rail sectors. Key clients include organisations such as Heathrow Airport Ltd, High Speed 2 Ltd, and EDF Energy Renewables.
You will be responsible for delivering the technical aspects of a variety of noise and vibration assessments, the management of internal and external client relationships and the preparation of proposals and bids appropriate to your grade.
The workload is diverse and much of your work will be to support the planning process for major Infrastructure schemes and the implementation of consented schemes. This may involve:
- Carrying out and managing large scale noise and vibration surveys
- Construction noise assessment and management
- Measurement and assessment of noise and vibration from minerals sites, aviation, road, rail, and energy projects
- Management of small to medium sized projects
- Application of noise and vibration expertise to support the planning process
- Noise mapping and modelling of transportation, clean energy, wind and industrial schemes
- Use of Geographical Information Systems to improve the quality and efficiency of noise and vibration assessments
- Understanding of relevant UK noise policy and regulations
- Using innovation to improve working practices.
Wood is currently seeking the services of an Instrumentation Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. This is a permanent staff position based in our offices in Darlington
- Preparation of design/engineering documentation
- Undertake tasks on behalf of Lead Engineer or Senior Engineer as directed
- Assist with engineering investigations, surveys and studies necessary to develop area of work assigned
- Achieve safety standards as defined in personal performance contract
- Carry out work in accordance with company and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- Maintain the required technical quality or work
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with Change Control Process
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant procedures, standards and regulations
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline
- Liaise with other disciplines, departments, project personnel, vendors, clients, etc.
- Maintain the discipline filing system
Wood in Staines is recruiting for a Junior Proposal Manager to join our team on an Permanent basis. Proposals consist of a technical solution and a commercial offer and it is the responsibility of the Proposals Team, working with the operational business and key support groups including Commercial, Contractual and Technical disciplines, to produce a winning proposition for client evaluation in line with Wood’s tender governance procedures, client engagement and presentations, contract negotiations and handover to project teams for execution
- Manage the development of expressions of interest, pre-qualifications and proposal responses as directed by the Manager of Proposals. Initially the Junior Proposal Manager will be assigned to lead proposals with contract values below $10m or those under an existing framework agreement. These will increase in complexity and value as the candidate progresses in the role.
- Working with the Pursuit Teams and Manager of Proposals, drive the development of the proposal win strategy and value proposition
- Assist the assigned Project Manager / Pursuit Leader in the preparation of the technical content including project execution methodology and supporting documents such as schedule, personnel nominations, man-hours, deliverables lists, technical clarifications and deviations
- Assist the proposals coordinators with proposal data entry, formatting, editing, reviews, reproduction and delivery
- With support of the Manager of Proposals, identify a suitable bid team and bid budget, and establish, monitor and control the budget for a proposal, pre-qualification and expression of interest as required.
- Set and manage the proposal schedule and allocation of responsibilities to the bid team, in line with the tender governance procedures, ensuring the bid team are on target throughout the proposal process
- Arrange various strategy and review sessions coordinating feedback received into the proposal response
- Manage the Risk Management processes and support the Commercial Review Process to prepare and submit proposals
- Assist the Project Services Manager in the preparation of the commercial content including rates, pricing of hours, commercial clarifications and deviations
- Facilitate the technical and commecial proposal reviews, including red team, contractual, commercial and stage gate approval reviews
- Ensure timely submission of proposals to client offices
- Organise, attend and facilitate client meetings as required.
- The role will involve regular engagement with Wood Senior Corporate Management in establishing and managing the proposal strategy and approval to submit stage gate.
- Supports Manager of Proposals in Prospect Tracking and Reporting
- Working with the Proposal Team, support and contribute to maintaining a library of proposal material, commonly used in day to day proposal development activities for efficient retrieval
Wood bietet interdisziplinäre Lösungen für das gesamte Spektrum umweltrelevanter Projekte und Fragestellungen. Dazu gehören: Altlastenmanagement, Umweltplanung, Naturschutz, technische Umweltberatung und -auditierung sowie Umweltgenehmigungsmanagement und Technology Services bzw. Informations Management.
Für unseren Standort in Frankfurt benötigen wir im Bereich umwelttechnische Standortuntersuchung/-sanierung Ihre Unterstützung.
- Sie unterstützen unser Geländeteam bei Boden- und Grundwasseruntersuchungen
- Sie begleiten unsere Projektleiter und -geologen im Tagesgeschäft und unterstützen diese bei Datenaufbereitung und -auswertung.
- Auch arbeiten Sie eigenständig bei Datenrecherchen.
- Nicht zuletzt sind Sie uns bei der Organisation und der Erledigung von klassischen Assistenzaufgaben für den gesamten Bereich eine große Hilfe.
Wood India is currently recruiting Senior C&S Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas Offhore& petrochemical industry.
- Area Lead Civil Engineer / Checking Engineer -Taking responsibility of one or two offshore units
- Leading & Controlling about 6-12 team members
- Reporting to Lead Civil Engineer
- Coordination with other disciplines, project & site for Civil inputs, schedules and related issues
- Preparing / Checking of Calculations, General Arrangement & Detail Drawings and MTO
- Attending inter discipline meetings, internal model reviews & model review with client
- Monitoring and meeting the project schedules on submissions of Civil deliverables
- Ensuring all deliverables are comply with quality as per AmecFW /Client specifications & standards.
- Review of vendor drawings/other discipline drawings for adequacy of Civil design input requirements
- Must have sound working experience in using Indian, British, Euro and American standards for Civil & structural and marine works.
- Thorough experience in production of deliverables including dynamic analysis , seismic Analysis , Transportation & Lifting Analysis and weight control management.
- Preferred have experience on constructability review
- Must have experience in material estimation, schedule, resource planning and resource development activity. The work experience in the revamp project added advantage.
- Exposure to American petroleum Industry APIRP2A & AISC
- Experience in SACs, STAAD offshore and Sesam anlysis and design tool
- Exposure to Quality need of ISO 90001 & Environment need of ISO 14001 along with safety Design review of HAZID,HAZOP,F&G ,IPF requirements
Wood is currently recruiting for additional Senior Mechanical Engineers with extensive experience in the nuclear industry.
The BEP Joint Venture project will safely design and deliver a Plant and the works in accordance with the requirements of the contract to enable conditioning of wastes from the various donor plants, carried out in line with the Employer’s needs and to the satisfaction of stakeholders in the Box Encapsulation Project (BEP).
Reporting to the Lead Mechanical Engineer.
Responsible for overseeing the design of package equipment, which will include liaison with third party company who in some instances will have design and manufacture responsibilities. Production of engineering deliverables and the checking of work undertaken by others.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Engineer / Senior Engineer - Process Engineer with relevant experience in the refinery, oil & gas and petrochemical industry for performing process design activities in various phases of projects (viz., conceptual design, feasibility study, basic/FEED and detail engineering).
He / She should be able to understand the sequence of finalizing each of the process documents. He / she should have quick and fast learning attitude to grasp the latest tools and software in the process design field. He / She should be able to communicate / interact with the team effectively and give directions to the junior engineers. He / She should be able to understand the project requirements / philosophies and carryout the following process activities independently.
- Prepare / check / update design basis
- Perform / check Simulation using PRO-II or HYSYS to finalize the PFD and HMB
- Prepare / check PFD/UFD and HMB
- Perform / check process calculation for Pumps and Compressors
- Prepare / check Pump and Compressor datasheets
- Prepare / check datasheets for other equipment and packages
- Prepare / check DPTD
- Provide process inputs for preparation of MSD
- Perform / check line sizing for the pumped and non-pumped lines
- Prepare / check / update P&IDs, PSFS and C&E diagrams
- Prepare / update Control narratives and other philosophies
- Perform / check design calculations for two phase and three phase separators, KODs / Flare KODs.
- Check control valve design calculations and prepare datasheet
- Perform / check safety relief calculations as per relevant API standards
- Prepare / check process documents line list, HMS and Utility summary
- Conduct dynamic simulation study, transient study, surge study, Minimum Metal Design Temperature (MDMT) study, etc.
- Conduct depressurization studies, flare load estimation and flare system design
- Coordinate with drafting team and engineering team for process inputs and drawing preparation
- Coordinate / attend project review and 3-D model review meetings with client / vendors
- Should attend safety studies like Hazop/Hazid and SIL assessment and undertake close-out activities for open points identified in these meetings.
- Should be able to lead a section / area of the project
Wood is currently recruiting for a Author (Design) Verification Coordinator (Electrical & Instruments) with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to join the team in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Sakhalin Island.
This position will report directly to HSEQA Manager.
This is office based position (not shift work or rotation, requires relocation for non-Sakhalin residents), work schedule - 40 hours per week, from Monday to Friday with 2 days off (Saturday, Sunday).
At this time, applications from Russian citizens only will be considered.
For applying to this position please send your CV on the e-mail: Sakhalin.Recruitment@woodplc.com.
Other ways of applications will not be considered.
Reports to Project HSEQ Manager for all aspects of Author(design)Supervision in accordance with Federal Law No 116-FZ.
Ensures that all projects are installed in compliance with PSNS design requirements for all Onshore and Offshore Modifications projects.
This shall be accomplished by compiling a verification scope(s) before visiting site to complete inspection of installation works and reviews of associated documents (ITR’s, ITP’s test data etc) to allow completion of forms and logs to adequately demonstrate design compliance.
Key tasks shall be to liaise with Project Engineers and Lead Engineers to ensure all elements of design intent are included in site survey scope and to liaise with SEIC and site Construction personnel while gathering adequate evidence to verify compliance.
Ensure all Engineering Queries and technical deviations have been correctly interpreted and complied with.
Knowledge and compliance with Wood Corporate Project procedures.
Knowledge and compliance with Wood Code of Conduct.
Compliance with SEIC and Wood HSE policies and procedures.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Project engineer to be based in Woking.
Role Specific Responsible:
- Successful delivery of ICSS scope
- Coordination of relevant 3rd party packages
- Support project manager in delivering the overall scope
- Management of the scope & identification of changes to scope
- Development and management of the L4 schedule in line with Needs of the project and key milestones in Level 3 Schedule
- Alignment of deliverables and schedules with area PMs
- Technical level interfaces with TCO and PJV both on and offshore (Regular meetings and reviews)
- Management of the Engineering teams assigned to own area
- Planning and arranging H/W and S/W testing as appropriate, with support from Test coordinator and Engineering team
- Responsible for identifying the resource requirements and communicating with PAS engineering team
- Responsible for management of issues at technical level both internally and externally
- Responsible for quality of the outputs for assigned areas
- Promote and comply with Wood and Client’s HSSE policies and procedures
- Champion of Wood’s Quality Program and Procedures
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety and of others who may be affected by your actions.
- Not to misuse any equipment and report any damaged equipment.
- Report all injuries, incidents and near misses and to proactively support our behavioural based observation system
Wood is currently recruiting for a Functional Safety Engineer to be based at our office in Woking.
The engineer is responsible for all aspects of the Functional safety requirement for the assigned project covering the following but not limited to:
- Developing the Safety Requirements Specification (SRS), Emergency Depressurization & blowdown specifications, SIL validation procedures and Fire & Gas specification
- The Project Safety Functional Plan (PFSP) and project philosophy documents, where required to support functional safety
- Develop Shutdown Hierarchy sketches
- Provide input to Control & Safeguarding narratives
- Ensuring that MAC design specification and deliverables for SIS/FGS meet the PFSP, SRS and Project SIS/FGS Specification requirements
- Ensuring consistent review of Area specific documentation for functional safety requirements by the MAC Interface Engineers
- Supporting the MAC Interface Engineers
- Carrying out verification reviews as per Project standards
- Support deployment of Functional Safety life cycle plan
- Support the PAS execution and engineering teams both in the UK and abroad during design development and configuration testing
- Attend meetings with Clients as required
Wood is currently recruiting for a Network & Infrastructure Engineer to be based in our Woking office.
- To maintain a high level of knowledge of Virtualisation engineering solutions, standards and procedures to be able to command internal as well as external customers to effectively manage the engineering scope of the projects from concept to completion in support of the overall objectives of the company
- To support the implementation of projects in line with company objectives including continuous improvement of margin, customer satisfaction, schedule, working capital and safety performance
Main Purpose of the Job:
- Provides technical and / or functional responsibility for Automation project execution
- Provides Expertise in the design and implementation of Level 2/3/3.5 Network Systems
- Plays a primary role in defining Automation and Controls deliverable requirement and system design
- Supports the Infrastructure execution team lead in accomplishing project objectives
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Design and Implementation for the Process Control Domain (PCD). ISA 99 (Purdue Model) Level 2
- Detailed design, implementation and delivery of the L2/3/L3.5 network hardware and application design based on the engineering design information
- Configuration of Cisco Level 2/3/3.5 Network Switches and associated devices i.e. Firewalls, Media Converters, etc
- Production of test specifications (FAT / SAT) required for ensuring compliance of the implementation with design requirements
- Working closely with the PAS Infrastructure Network Lead who will retain responsibility for the PCD global design details (e.g. Network Forest, IP addresses, Windows Active Directory, Group Policies, Virtualization, Cabling Infrastructure and knowledge of Cisco switches and templates in line with Honeywell’s supported versions) and will work with the PAS Infrastructure Network Architect on all aspects of PCD global design
- Conformance to DMZ and security (Firewall Polices / ACL) requirements both for the client’s infrastructure and for the Staging Facility
- Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents, and material and equipment specifications
- Resolves speciality related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards. Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures and specifications
Job title: Electrician
Ref No: 59096
Location: Seal Sands
Project: Ineos Nitriles
Start: ASAP 4-6 weeks
Wood is currently recruiting for an Electrician with extensive experience in the Oil, Gas and Chemical industry.
Purpose / Role
· To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent service in the role of Electrician in accordance with project /
company requirements, standards and procedures.
· To support overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
· To ensure that the workscope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric
Key aims and objectives
· To perform all required discipline tasks, safely, consistently and in accordance with project requirements,
procedures and specifications
Prime responsibilities and duties
· Installation, isolation and reinstatement and associated construction testing of electrical equipment, including
glanding and termination of cables in to non-‘Ex’ rated equipment (see note 1).
· Installation of electrical items, cables, conduit, cable tray, junction boxes, panels etc in HAZARDOUS areas BUT
EXCLUDING any glanding and termination of cables within ‘Ex’ rated equipment.
· Read, understand and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures,
ensuring at all times that the electrical workscope is completed safely and to a high standard.
· Complete all workscope in accordance with applicable workpack / jobcard instructions, associated procedures and
drawings and sketches.
· Provide support to other trades/disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
· Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete workscope in a controlled and safe manner.
· Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete workscope in a safe and controlled manner.
· Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship
· Technical qualifications with applicable electrical background – City and Guilds / NVQ Level 3 / SJIB / JIB
· CCNSG safety passport
· COMPEX (See Note 1)
· Wood mandatory training, induction, risk awareness,
· IEE Current Edition (Currently 17th)
Wood is currently looking to recruit Principal EC&I Engineers with a range of skills and experiences.
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of leading teams of EC&I engineers on a range of projects
- Must be capable of working autonomously and liaising directly with the client to translate client requirements into a meaningful engineering solutions.
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills are essential and a sharing of Wood’s core values key to integrating with our team.
- Significant engineering design experience is fundamental and nuclear experience whilst preferable is not essential.
- Contribute to the delivery of a range of project types from small asset care tasks to major projects and potentially manage subcontractors.
- Whilst the role will be based in the North West of England, a willingness to travel (including overseas) is a distinct advantage.
Responsibilities will include:
- Accountable for the Engineering Quality of the project delivery, ensuring compliance with client specifications and engineering standards. The role works alongside the Engineering Manager to ensure scope changes, time and cost constraints are managed.
- Accountable, in co-operation with Client Project Engineers, for the technical quality of all conceptual designs, design schemes and detail drawings and associated design documentation.
- Maintains compliance with Engineering Standards and applicable legislation
- To lead Design Reviews and, where appropriate, organise such reviews. Ensure that subsequent design meets the projects' requirements
- Ensuring the confidentiality and security of data and information received from clients
- Ensuring the requirements of the Health & Safety of Work act, CDM, Machineries Directive, and the COSHH regulations are understood and complied with
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager to ensure effective project delivery to time and cost.
- Promote a strong working relationship
- Maintain control of projects and provide direction on project process, communications and consistency of approach
Wood is currently recruiting for an Offshore Mechanic with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry.
This is a 5/5 rotation working offshore in Equatorial Guinea.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES Mechanical
- Ensuring all relevant mechanical equipment is fully operational, in service, maintained safely, effectively, and in accordance with Customer and WGPSN procedures
- Ensuring the emergency generators and fire pumps are fully available at all times
- Compilation of accurate reports of any work or incidents affecting mechanical equipment
- To plan and organize the work activity of their discipline such that all planned and unplanned work is progressed to a satisfactory completion, in a safe and efficient manner. To this end the use of all available planning tools is vital
- Liaison with other maintenance and production personnel to ensure all work is coordinated, and within production considerations
- Maintain a high degree of HS&E awareness
- To ensure plant and equipment is fully operational and critically maintained in accordance with procedures.
- To provide quality information for the Maintenance Lead and Supervisor, such that the information contained is technically valid, accurate and up to date.
- Manage and identify all consumables and spares for his discipline to ensure that work can be expedited in a timely manner.
- To advise Maintenance Lead and Supervisor on technical issues related to the platform equipment, such that effective decisions can be made.
- To provide OJT (On-the-Job Training) mentoring for less experienced technicians and National staff so they are fully supported in their assigned tasks.
- Ensuring a safe place of work by complying with Permit to Work (PTW) system and safe working procedure(s).
- Ensuring the Mechanical Isolation Authority is performing isolations as part of the Permit to Work (PTW) System.
- The prospective employee is expected to participate in Process Safety Management (PSM) activities that involve process design, process technology, operational and maintenance activities and procedures, non-routine activities and procedures, emergency preparedness plans and procedures, training programs, and other elements which could impact the process.
- Other elements of PSM which may touch the employee consist of:
- Mechanical Integrity
- Management of Change
- Investigation of Incidents
- Process Hazards Analysis
- Operating Procedures and Practices
- Compliance Audits
- Emergency Response
- Pre-start-up Safety Reviews
- Contractors and Short Service Contractors
- Having past experience with PSM activities will be a plus for this position
Job title: General Assistant/Thermal Insulation Assistant
Ref No: 16558
Project: INEOS KG
Duration: 5 Weeks
Start: July 2019
Purpose / Role
To provide general assistance services to the project in support of safe delivery of project workscope.
Key aims and objectives
Ensure all workscope undertaken is carried out in a safe and productive manner, in line with Supervisors direction, company and project procedures.
Be aware of and practice fully the requirement for total safety attitude in all operations
Prime responsibilities and duties
Assist trade personnel in the completion of their duties, (I.E carrying and fetching)
Prepare and maintain worksite in line with Supervisor’s instruction.
Assist with general housekeeping, ensuring a safe, clean and tidy area is maintained at all times.
Follow the schedule communicated by the supervisor.
Support the main activity by obtaining the necessary tools and materials and then assisting the trade personnel under their guidance and instruction.
Providing it is within the general/craft assistant’s ability, deal with any minor issue that prevents completion of the task.
Pro-actively seek additional tasks where time permits.
Adhere to all company policies, working practices and procedures as communicated by the company from time to time.
Driving around site as and when required(Licence required).
Wood mandatory training, induction, risk awareness, etc
CCNSG safety passport
Experience in Thermal Insulation
Job Title: Appointed Persons - Rigging
Ref No: 55962
Project: CF Ince
Duration: Until End of Septembet
Purpose / Role
Appointed Person – Moving Loads is formally appointed by the Site/Installation Responsible person to:
· Act as the Site/Installation Responsible Persons representative (focal point) for all technical issues relating to lifting and moving loads
· Provide safe systems of work for all activities associated with lifting and moving loads to ensure that all lifting operations can be carried out efficiently without risk to safety and in accordance with UK Statutory Regulations and the Client/Wood Corporate standards
· Act as the site/installation focal point for all technical matters relating to the specification, procurement and the Integrity Assurance process of all items of Lifting Equipment on the site/installation
· Ensure that all necessary regimes, standards, processes and procedures for the activities associated with lifting and moving of loads are established and are being suitably applied to provide assurance that all lifting operations are:
· Properly planned by competent people
· Risk assessed;
· Appropriately Supervised;
· Completed within the boundaries of a safe system of work
· Ensure Lifting Equipment is correctly specified and regularly inspected to ensure it continues to be fit for purpose
Prime responsibilities and duties
· Responsible to the OIM/Site Construction Manager for providing the assurance through technical audit that the management, control and execution of lifting operations are in compliance with the UK Statutory Regulations, the Clients Lifting Standards and procedures, and where applicable, the AMEC Corporate Lifting standards
· Accountable for Safety and implementing Our Beyond Zero Standards, Our Safety Leadership expectations and our
· Lifting operations are being undertaken within a safe system of work e.g. properly planned, risk assessed, appropriately supervised and carried out in a safe manner by competent personnel
· Provide technical guidance and support to the offshore Rigging teams to ensure all lifting operations are implemented safely and efficiently and in accordance with LOLER and BS7121 Parts 1, 2,11 and any other applicable project specific lifting standards
· Custodian for the management of change process for lift plans, ensuring all changes to lift plans are formally documented, evaluated and where applicable endorsed by the appropriate technical authority(s). All changes to lift plan must be endorsed by the Appointed Person
· Review and endorse all lift plans developed by the site/installation rigging function and those of Wood's 3rd party contractors and Specialist Vendors
· Ensure that the technical integrity of all lifting equipment used on the site/installation is continually assured thorough the performance of regular lifting equipment inspections are carried out in accordance with the requirements of LOLER and where applicable, the Assets Written Scheme of Examination (WSE)
· Appropriate documented evidence confirming the trade
· CPCS A61 Appointed Person (Blue Card)
· A40 slinger/signaller
· Lifting Equipment Inspection
· Rigging Loft Management
· Wood mandatory training (Induction, RA, etc)
· Managing Working at Height
· Harness training
· CCNSG Safety Passport
· Assessor or Verifier qualification
· Manual Handling Assessor
· Appropriate Supervisory Qualification
· Banksman/Slinging Stage 3
Wood. is recruiting a Technical Engineer – Civil/Structural, to further increase the capacity and knowledge base of the well-established Civil/ Structural Engineering department. This will give you the opportunity to work on a wide range of Wood. projects.
- Have experience in the oil/gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, infrastructure industries on large to mega projects.
- Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents, and material and equipment specifications.
- Must have working knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications.
- Demonstrates ability to work with others.
- Has demonstrated capabilities in designing independently with minimum supervision.
- Must have working knowledge of project QA/QC requirements
- Must have knowledge of civil design practices, calculations, design details, international codes and standards.
- Has experience in preparation of bill of materials
- In addition to being able to fulfill the responsibilities and duties of Technical Professional – Civil/Structural, a Technical Professional – Civil/Structural shall:
- Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents.
- Resolves specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes, and standards.
- Carry out the detailed design, drawings and calculation for projects assigned by HoD/Project Manager.
- Aware of appropriate codes of practice and standards.
- Aware of and able to use design and assessment methods under supervision.
- Aware of analytical methods used within discipline and theoretical background for analysis programs.
- Able to identify personal training/education opportunities.
- Highly motivated with an innovative and analytical mind.
- Able to communicate ideas to both senior and junior personnel.