Click column header to sort
Amec Foster Wheeler is recruiting for a Materials Controller (Home Office) to join our team in Brunei. The project will run over a four years period with a possible two - year extension. Amec Foster Wheeler has many years of experience in carrying such projects all over the world and it is our intention to bring our world - class systems to this project.
You will join the Supply Chain Management (SCM) function which is responsible for the end to end management of the external supply chain in the provision of equipment and materials provided by third party suppliers in the execution of Projects. Working closely with our Customer, Project Management and Engineering to mitigate any risks in the supply chain and maximize the opportunities to aid excellence in Project Delivery, in terms of technical assurance, cost, schedule and delivery of the purchased supply. The disciplines covered include Purchasing, Expediting, Logistics, Materials Management and Supplier Quality Inspection.
- Commit to and promote Amec Foster Wheeler’s values and ensure the realization of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures
- Be a safety role model in safe delivery of required work, demonstrate experience in intervention and coaching of reports to ensure both implementation and maintenance of best practice at all times
- Implement materials management strategies and plans
- Ensure all materials databases and project reporting tools are updated and maintained concisely and accurately with the latest information
- Ensure that material code creation is conducted accurately, concisely and in a consistent manner
- Ensure that material requisitions are processed for procurement action in a timely and compliant manner
- Manage all materials between Expediting function, Suppliers & Service providers to ensure safe and timely delivery including the issue of Material Movement Tickets (MMT’s)
- Produce, maintain and issue Project status reports
- Produce pick - lists in line with planned and reactive requirements
- Assist overall function in the ongoing material reconciliation and close out of work scope(s)
- Provide support and guidance to other team members and assist with their development
- Support Materials Lead as necessary, acting stand in as required
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Personal Assistant for our Brunei Shell Project.
- Extensive diary management and meeting scheduling - having discretionary control, ensuring the Project Director’s time is used to optimize efficient time management
- Co - ordination of all travel arrangements including flights, accommodation, and visas, initiating and arranging complex travel arrangements and itineraries
- Control and screening of e - mails, calls, visits and requests drafting responses and re - directing as appropriate to ensure Project Director’s time is used to best effect
- Prepare and distribute routine and non - routine correspondence without approval and draft more complex correspondence for approval
- Organize / summaries papers and reports, conducting additional research when necessary to ensure Manager has knowledge and possession of all relevant information
- Attend meetings as required and take minutes
- Expenses management and preparation
- Hospitality arrangements
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations to advanced standards
- Booking of rooms and co - ordination of telephone conference calls etc.
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Piping Design Engineer / Piping Design Engineer.
- Design of all piping on assigned projects and prepare project specific standards and job notes
- Sign drawings / documents as originator / checker in accordance with correct procedures
- Support preparation of project standards and procedures
- Ensure engineering and design quality, technical accuracy of drawings, material quantities etc.
- Experience in more complex piping systems such as lined and jacketed pipe
- Skill in pipe support selection and capable of preparing special pipe support designs
- Execute of assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures and client and projects standards
- Adhere to engineering procedures for design safety and adopting safe attitudes towards engineering design and raising features affecting the safety and integrity of the project with appropriate authorities
- Correct interpretation and implementation of all piping CAD and system related functions in their appointed area
- Check piping bulk MTO and requisitions
- Basic understanding of material management system, stress analysis concepts and applicable codes and standards
- Notify the Project Engineer of all deficiencies in the flow of data or other basic information required for execution of work
- Attend co - ordination meetings and engineering review meetings with suppliers as required
- Assist supervisor with the project progress reports
Amec Foster Wheeler is recruiting a Planning Engineer to join our team in Philippines.
The Planning Engineer will be responsible for the production of all plans and schedules related to the Repair Order and Work Packing teams and the updating and forecasting of individual task plans for both onshore and offshore work scope requirements. He will be the planning interface focal point with the engineering and construction teams and be responsible for the production, maintenance, and update & forecasting of the manpower loading analysis required for the work. This is an end to end rejuvenation scope and as such, will involve interfacing with other disciplines like planning, construction, procurement, HVEC and client operations.
You will be expected to work in a multidiscipline team environment where the overall success of the project is paramount. Amec Foster Wheeler is looking at a right first time approach and as such, we are looking for candidates who can rise to a challenge and are interested in being part of an innovative and driven team.
- Develop the plans, prepare the work development schedules and establish the resource requirements for the RO and Work packing teams
- Responsible for the integration of specific plans and schedules related to campaign preparation for both onshore and offshore work
- Develop campaign preparation schedules and activity sequences. Establishing critical path analysis planning techniques and the preparation of Gantt Charts
- Prepare and update other planning information as required by the project in relation to the RO and Work packing activities
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress and forecast reports, ensuring that planning parameters are accurately and constantly measured and input into the planning system
- Prepare productivity variation reports for all works, paying specific attention to ensuring that time writing is performed accurately
- Present planning, reporting and forecasting data utilizing standard trend analysis and forecasting techniques
- Re-work plans to accept variations / deviations, ensuring they are reviewed and approved by the RO Team Leader
- Establish, maintain and update a database of information on the production of engineering documents (e.g. drawings, reports, work packs etc.)
- Work under the supervision of the RO Team Lead for specific project controls tasks
Wood is currently seeking to recruit a Claims Specialist, as part of Project Management Consultancy (PMC) team responsible for the delivery of KNPC’s Fifth Gas Train Project.
- Ensure that key KNPC relationships are maintained at all levels within the project
- Claims management including review of EPC Contractor’s Claims / Change Order Requests (COR) submissions assessing Contractor’s entitlements against Contract requirements
- Monitor, review and process key claims documentation as notified / submitted by the EPC Contractor
- Review all correspondences from a claims perspective including minutes of meeting to/from the EPC Contractor
- Ensure assigned work is managed and delivered to KNPC satisfaction
- Create and sustain a good team spirit within Wood project team and with KNPC
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction concerning all possible claims on the project and its commercial delivery
- Interface with KNPC assigned personnel and the EPC Contractor for formal and informal reviews on claims matters during the life cycle of the project
- Provide contractual advice regarding possible claims by the EPC Contractor and support to KNPC in the resolution of claims
- Manage all formal communications from a contractual /claims perspective both internal and external
- Lead in the review and reconciliation of EPC Contractor variations and claims
- Support the commercial delivery of the project
- Support contract close out activities including final account documentation in accordance with KNPC policies and procedures
- Provide claims management guidance and direction during the life cycle of the project
- Participate in key KNPC and EPC Contractor reviews and meetings as required
- Participate in monthly progress reviews with KNPC and the EPC Contractor
- To provide, with full responsibility and accountability, technical services to the Project in the areas of Marine Structural - wharves, jetties, mooring dolphins, breasting dolphins, beacon / buoy, pipe trestles, walkways, gangways, and their foundation and structural ensuring that designs are in compliance with the latest Codes, Standards, Procedures, Practices, National / International and project requirements and procedures
- Lead and manage various technical studies such as Marine Navigational Studies, Tanker mooring / berthing studies, dredging requirement studies, constructability study, gangway selection study, Tanker Fendering Studies etc
- Carry out various calculations / analysis like Tanker Mooring Selection, Tanker Fendering Design, ship loading platform capacity assessments, pipe access trestle design, breasting and mooring dolphin designs, access catwalk designs etc
- Develop marine specifications like specification for gangways, fenders, dredging, real time met-ocean monitoring, specification for fabricating steel piles, pile driving, precast / cast-in place concrete, concrete reinforcements, cathodic protection, Quick Release Mooring Hooks & capstan, navigational aids etc
- Gather, research and analyses pertinent data and information and prepares recommendations with supporting technical data
- Liaise with other Discipline Engineers and End-Users, co-ordinates with external consultant, in order to develop cost effective and fit-for- purpose design solutions, to fit project requirements
- Prepare specifications and work scopes and assists in tender evaluation process
- Provides Projects with technical content of Project Development and Execution Plans, including defining design and construction criteria and procurement strategies for critical items like fenders, Quick Release Hooks, structural steel etc
- Prepare or direct the preparation of marine structural drawings, layouts, schematics, material take-off etc
- Knowledge related to environmental sensitivity related to underwater scenarios is an added advantage
- Contribute towards updating discipline Engineering Codes, Standards, Specifications and Philosophies
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Structural Designer for the Melbourne office on a contract basis to work across a portfolio of brownfields EPCM projects across Onshore and Offshore oil and gas assets.
- Join the Structural Design Division to deliver projects from scoping through to project completion
- 3D modelling of structural components using PDMS Design
- Prepare structural steel installation aids sketches
- Liaising with the other discipline teams to ensure we meet the project outcomes and schedule
- Involved with bid preparation, tender design and other business development support
- Prepare procedural layouts and sequences.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Procurement Specialist to join our team in the Melbourne Office. Reporting to the Supply Chain Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for the Procurement of Materials and Services in accordance with company procedures ensuring that all Procurement transactions are auditable, and Purchase Orders are closed out expediently. We are looking for candidates with significant experience covering all facets of Purchase to pay procession oil & gas projects.
- Assist with development of Project Procurement Plans
- Development of bidder lists and sourcing strategies in accordance with client requirements
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal customers and external customers
- Initiate and participate in the prequalification and approval of new suppliers, followed by ongoing supplier management
- Issuance of Request for Quote packages and commercial assessment of vendor bids ensuring optimum value for the client as a result of thorough technical and commercial bid evaluations
- Manage supplier negotiations ensuring accurate interpretation and definition of agreed terms pre-award along with contract management post-award
- Provide procurement support to projects through the procurement and expedition of materials and vendor data on schedule and within cost to contribute to the successful delivery of multiple projects
- Purchasing material for multiple engineering functions (electrical, piping, mechanical and structural)
- Manage and mitigate commercial issues with suppliers
- Work closely with the Quality Department to assist with coordinating inspection requirements post and prior to PO placement
- Assisting with creating and managing schedules, budgets, forecasting, and reporting
- Facilitate technical discussions between WOOD Engineers and Vendor Engineers
- Ensuring compliance to clients execution plan and overall WOOD Supply-Chain Policies and Procedures
- Assisting with managing surplus materials through buy back agreements and / or surplus disposal plans
- Maintaining an auditable file of all purchase order documentation / correspondence
- Timely processing and resolution vendor invoices
- Timely close out of projects and purchase orders
- Identify and report procurement cost saving initiatives.
Wood has an immediate requirement for a Senior Consultant Engineer to be based in our centrally located Brisbane office. The company has unique world-class engineering capability in the fields of Vibration, Dynamics and Noise (VDN) and we are looking for a competent Consultant with a keen interest in noise measurement, modelling and assessment.
A key task within this role is the ability to demonstrate technical excellence in resolving the causes of noise in industrial facilities and the impacts on people and the environment.
This is a practical consulting role combining hands-on field work and office based analysis.
At this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
- Actively build enduring relationships with clients
- Deliver high quality proposal, reports and presentations
- Provide leadership for standard and medium risk level projects, which may include environmental and occupational noise measurement, assessment and control
- Undertake, supervise and teach routine and non-routine tasks
- Deploy VDN project and practice management systems to deliver high performance outcomes for our clients and the business
Wood is currently recruiting for a HSE Assignment Manager to join our team in the Melbourne Office. Reporting directly to the Assignment Manager, this position will be the focal point for all Health and Safety related queries and will play a critical role to the ongoing success of contracts covering PNG and key Victorian operations. This senior position requires an experienced professional who will provide the Wood contract management team with HSE guidance and leadership as well to deliver HSE excellence across the contract portfolio.
- Accountable for ensuring the delivery of legislative compliance, management systems expertise, incident investigation management, delivery of the Contracts HSE improvement plans, Emergency response and security arrangements, HSE assurance and corporate initiatives
- Monitors the recording, reporting, and analysis of HSE performance metrics including both leading and lagging indicators for the contracts
- Ensures compliance with local, national, industry, internal Wood and client HSE laws, regulations and procedures and client and Wood management systems
- Demonstrates the ability to manage long term HSE delivery requirements against the competing demands of operational HSE delivery
- Prepares and submits reports to management on current contract status and recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Demonstrates a proven approach to risk management and assurance activities
- Establishes relationships with HSE contractors and suppliers on the basis of minimum risk and provides assurance of mitigation of those risks
- Liaises with the Wood Corporate and Assignment leaders to ensure contract keeps abreast of best HSE practices
- Actively works with functional managers to ensure the business unit achieves its HSE performance targets
- Provides resolutions to issues and monitors integration of health and safety programmes according to HSE policies and practice
- Selects, trains, develops and motivates HSE staff to deliver services within constraints of specific objectives, budget and target dates.
Wood in Staines is recruiting for a Proposal Coordinator to join our team on an Permanent basis. The Proposal Coordinator is a core member of the Proposals Team, central to all proposal activities. Working with the Head of Proposals and a team of Proposal Managers, the Proposal Coordinator’s ultimate responsibility is to support the production of winning proposal and prequalification responses in order to support the acquisition of new work into the business.
- Manage and coordinate, in conjunction with others, the preparation of Prequalification submissions to clients (including Expressions of Interest and the like)
- Support in development of winning proposals as assigned and carry out activities as requested by the Proposal Manager, including:
- Coordinate the implementation of a proposal responsibility matrix and proposal schedule
- Coordinate proposal kick-off and review meetings
- Assist in developing the proposal win strategy and value proposition
- Coordinate and expedite the information necessary for a quality proposal response
- Coordinate proposal data entry, formatting, editing, reviews, reproduction and delivery
- Interface with key stakeholders, including clients, to execute the proposal process and obtain the necessary inputs
- Maintain a library of proposal material, commonly used in day to day proposal development activities for efficient retrieval
- Assist in developing sales, marketing, and technical information for proposal use
- Assist in developing and maintaining consistency of proposal procedures and guidelines
- Help ensure overall compliance with applicable client requests and requirements
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Accountant in Glasgow to support their clean energy team on a 12 month contract.
The role is primarily responsible for Accounting for projects which will include lump sum contracts and reimbursable contracts of both long term contracts and short term contracts. Main focus is to conform with accounting principles and business processes.
This key role:
- Works closely with Project Managers, Project Controllers, Billing Specialist and the Project Finance Managers to obtain produce individual project financials, project analysis and obtain project forecasts.
- Works effectively across the project allocation to ensure that robust project accounting takes place.
- Understand the financial information contained within the commercial agreements, agreed rates and required approvals.
- Provide project accounting assistance at kick off meetings and monthly project review meetings.
- Work with Project Controls to ensure each project is set up to capture the structure correctly i.e. in Lump sum contracts, Revenue recognition points, Billing milestones.
- Review Project costs in the month and make necessary accruals for missing costs.
- Review variation Orders (VOs) and potential VOs confirming the accounting with regards to their status & probability of them being awarded by the client.
- Set up and monitor Bill Rate Schedules in Oracle. Working with PMs and PCs to ensure correct rates billed to customers.
- Generate Revenue in Oracle and resolve any revenue rejections in a timely manner.
- Ensure we are meeting the conditions for revenue recognition and billing milestones and ensuring we are accounting for the Revenue milestones vs cash milestones appropriately.
- Account for the Impact of FX on each of the projects. For all non-functional currency projects on – understanding what is the cost to the business and improve our hedging activities
- Maintain visibility over all costs incurred; pass through costs, and, passing them through timely.
- Maintain Visibility over amounts Unbilled and work with Billing specialists to get invoices out timely.
- Accounting for costs that have not yet been received on the project (maintaining margins) in accordance with the project CTR / Activities.
- Margin analysis, Cost rate vs Sell rate explaining Mix and volume variance.
- Accounting from a full project forecast to the end of the job compared to “AS sold”.
- Contingency analysis – Understanding what we have to work with in the project and accounting for contingency when releases or increases are due.
- Project reporting – On all large projects, we should include within the financial & progress reporting pack.
- Provide variance analysis showing “As Sold/Original ” P/L verses “Actual / Current” P/L.
- Maintaining Cash Flow implications on the wider business, especially on large projects.
- Maintaining clear visibility of the project balance sheet
- Reconciliation and financial management of Work in progress & unbilled / Accrued Sales, understanding the timing and timing of these areas.
- Reporting Backlog, Backlog burn and replenishment.
The main purpose of this role will be to provide integrity engineering services to the Wood Client base for subsea system, Topside and plant. The role will be based within the Wood Office in Stavanger, Norway or as a seconded role based in clients or project team offices and will require infrequent site/offshore visits. Typical work scopes included within the remit of the Senior Integrity Engineer are:
- Familiar with Subsea and process plant systems and associated threats and inspection. Other industry IM engineer with relevant skills in Mechanical or Material engineering will be considered
- Assessing the results of survey, inspection, testing and monitoring activities, preparing anomaly assessment records and making recommendations to ensure continuing fitness for service.
- Undertaking Fitness for Service and Risk Based Inspection Assessments.
- Undertaking Life Extension assessments.
- Developing asset Integrity Management (IM) documentation
- Supporting a range of clients to assess ongoing operational threats and manage risks in cluding Inspection campaign.
- Experience in IMR offshore campaign is a plus
- Keep up to date with relevant codes and standards that affect integrity engineering for design and operational purposes in Norwegian Continental shell and abroad when required
- Familiar with inspection and NDE techniques, PI and Coresight tools
Wood is currently recruiting for a Materials Controls Manager who is functionally responsible for the receipt, storage and issue of materials and equipment to be provided to contractors and employees. This includes expediting and reporting where stipulated irrespective of whether the materials and equipment are received into storage or issued directly to contractors/employee upon arrival at the site..
The succesful incumbent will be based in South Africa on a local contract until the project mobilises to site at which stage they will mobilise to site on an expat contract.
Key performance areas include:
- Thorough understanding and application of Convero Materials Management Module or similar systems
- Systematic storage of materials and equipment to enable efficient retrieval without loss of material or equipment
- Proactive identification of late, damaged or short deliveries and initiating corrective action
- Leadership, integrating expatriates, and local Mauritanians in a coherent, efficient team
Wood is currently recruiting for 4 Work Pack Planners with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. These are permanent staff roles based in Teesside.
- Ensure the timing of outage work is identified
- Plan and manage multiple maintenance outages in different stages of plan /execute/ review
- Work in integrated client/construction team
- Execute workscopes as required
- Use Ax maintenance management systems
- Use PIC's outage planning System
- Identify all work that can be executed outage
- Identify any unusual activities that are high risk and will require a JSA. (Job Safety Analysis)
- Identify any external logic (inter job logic) for the work being carried out in the area
- Participate in communication mechanisms within their own area preparations and execution organisations to ensure satisfactory team working and effectiveness. Understand status of outage preparations to be able to support and suggest recovery options in case of a shortfall in any area
- Work with the site engineers to ensure that all inter work logic is understood
- Plan late and emergent work and highlight any cost or duration impacts as soon as possible to the turnaround manager
- Work with the area engineer to divide the work in the area to a manageable amount or work type into each supervisor
Wood is looking for Document Controllers who aspire to be part of a team, delivering powerful results. We look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution.
This role is responsible for providing all aspects of document control activities and ensuring that a high quality, customer focused service is provided under the close supervision of the Document Control Lead.
Position Specficics & Deliverables
- Controlling, issuing and distribution of all engineering and supplier documents
- Completing document number requests, archiving and filing of hardcopies and scanning documents as required
- Assist with the filing and project close-out of documents
- Inputting data into a document management system
- Receipt and control of information from the client
- Liaising with the client and other departments, giving recommendations as required
- Promoting and providing general assistance of all aspects of document control activities
The main purpose of this role will be to provide integrity engineering services to the Wood Client base for subsea system and plant. The role will be based within the Wood Office in Stavanger, Norway (or as a seconded role based in clients or project team offices and may require infrequent site/offshore visits. Typical work scopes included within the remit of the Graduate Engineer are:
- Assessing the results of survey, inspection, testing and monitoring activities, preparing anomaly assessment records and making recommendations to ensure continuing fitness for service
- Undertaking Fitness for Service and Risk Based Inspection Assessments
- Undertaking Material and Corrosion assessment
- Undertaking structural and mechanical assessment
- Assisting with the retrieval and collation of technical and operational data
- Assisting with the development and population of Asset Registers
- Supporting Developing asset Integrity Management (IM) documentation
- Supporting a range of clients to assess ongoing operational threats and manage risks
- Keep up to date with relevant codes and standards that affect integrity engineering for design and operational purposes in Norwegian Continental shell and abroad when required.
Wood has an opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer, on a fixed term contract or contract basis, to work on a large multi-centre FEED project for Saudi Aramco. The project has started and has moved into the FEED phase in Reading UK.
The ideal candidate will be technically strong and have experience within the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Refining, LNG or Power Generation industry. Previous experience in a similar position would be highly beneficial. The successful candidate(s) will have the following attributes:-
- Self-starter and an ability to produce electrical deliverables with little input or guidance
- Good understanding with respect to international codes and standards and their application
- High level of competency with respect to electrical system design (Single line diagrams [SLD’s], protection and control schemes)
- Experience of delivering the following deliverables – Specifications and Standards, SLD’s, Protection and metering schemes, Calculations (Load, cable sizing, equipment sizing), checking of area classification layouts, data sheets for major equipment and preparation of enquiry packages for HV and LV switchgear, transformers, drive systems, UPS
- Familiarity with SKM, ETAP or SPEL software packages would be beneficial but not essential)
- Strong understanding of plant design and equipment layout
- Liaise with clients on technical matters where required
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer for a six-month contract position in Secunda to start as soon as possible.
Sasol has requested that Wood is to provide a project engineer to support them in the execution of projects in Secunda. The incumbent will work under the direction of a Sasol project manager, at the project level to accomplish multiple projects.
- Execution of assigned work in accordance with the applicable Project Procedures and Standards, within the manhour and cost budgets and the project schedule targets
- Coordination of all engineering and design activities
- Coordination and liaison with Client, Construction, Commissioning, Project Control, and Procurement personnel
Wood is currently recruiting for Instrument Engineers with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to be based on a contract basis in Durban, KwaZulu Natal.
Engen has requested that Wood is to provide two senior instrument engineers to support them in the execution of projects. The incumbents will work under the direction of I&C Lead Engineer, at the project level to accomplish multiple long term and short term reliability projects for the control and Instrumentation department.
Based on the tight schedule and delivery of key strategic initiatives the candidate must have diverse and extensive experience in the following.
- Designing Process Control Systems involving DCS / ESD / PLC / CCC / MPS (Machine Protection Systems) etc.
- Developing Control System Architecture drawings, I&C inputs to P&ID, Control philosophy, Cause & Effect, and Logic diagrams, specification documents and IO lists for DCS / ESD / MPS etc. Exposure to HART & FF systems and instruments will be advantageous
- Participating in Safety Integrity Levels (SIL) and HAZOP sessions
- Conducting FAT / SAT for Control systems
- Sizing of Control valves and orifices in preparation of Instrument data sheets and instrument indices
- Independently working in Smart Plant Instrumentation modules
- Checking all design deliverables made by other engineers and designers to ensure accuracy, conformance to codes, specifications, design criteria and conformance to good engineering practice
- Reviewing and providing Instrumentation & Controls inputs to other discipline deliverables