Click column header to sort
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Field Engineer for its multi-billion dollar oil and gas project in UAE with ADNOC Offshore.
This role will be based initially onshore until mobilized to site offshore on Island for a period of 9 months with possible extension on a 6 weeks on 3 weeks off rotation. If interested in role duration and rotation apply.
Successful candidate must be able to;
- Participate in and advise on all construction activities and initiatives
- To ensure the Contractor and sub-contractors perform the work to agreed scope of work, specifications and schedules all to an acceptable standard
- Supervise the contractor and sub-contractor personnel to ensure contractor performs all work to agreed standards for safety, health and environment and to attaining high levels of HSE performance
- Ensure assigned scope of work is carried out without any significant HSE incidents
- Ensure the work is carried out in time and in accordance with scope of work, specification and quality requirement
- Promote HSE awareness and ensure that all ADNOC Offshore Project HSE requirements are implemented and adhered to
- Responsible for construction civil and structural activities through the contractors supervision in respect of HSE, method, working practices, quality and timely execution of the works
- Advise ADNOC Offshore Project staff on best practices
- Responsible for the ADNOC Offshore Project staff aspect of Risk Management to ensure all risks / opportunities are identified and appropriate controls / mitigations developed and implemented
- Ensure that construction hazards and risks are fully considered by designers and contractors and that appropriate mitigation actions are implemented and appropriate action taken
- To be fully familiar with the contractors methods of construction, schedule and procedure
- Initiate and manage the civil and structural project element of the continuous improvement processes
- Monitor site activities for potential contractual / claims problems
- Maintain records of site activities and check Contractor records for accuracy
- Carry out inspection, surveillance witnessing of contractor activities, ensuring records are maintained, including as-built data
- Endorse daily progress report and time sheets
- Detailing the work progress, number of contractor personnel and equipment available on site and other related items identified in the scope of work
Wood is currently sourcing for a PCS Maintenance Engineer on a permanent or contract basis for the Melbourne Water project located at the Winneke Treatment Plant.
- Work in a growing team of professionals who maintain and manage hardware and software modifications to Melbourne Water Facilities Control Systems
- Focus will be on maintaining Melbourne Water’s control systems, supplemented with small-scale projects
Wood is currently sourcing for a PCS Engineer on a permanent or contract basis for the Melbourne Water project located in Brooklyn.
- Work in a growing team of professionals who maintain and manage hardware and software modifications to Melbourne Water Facilities Control Systems.
Wood is currently recruiting an experienced Project Planner who will be responsible for the planning and scheduling functions of our Minor Capital Projects delivered for Melbourne Water. As part of Wood planning team, this position reports to the Lead Planner and will be involved in all aspects of project planning and scheduling. This position is on a permanent basis with Wood working on the Melbourne Water contract and primarily based at the office located in Brooklyn. The role involves travel as required to other Melbourne Water sites such as Western Treatment Plant, Werribee, Winneke Water Treatment Plant, Christmas Hills, and Eastern Treatment Plant, Bangholme.
- Focuses on project delivery and adoption of best practices in the area of planning and scheduling
- Supports the implementation of project schedule management program that provides an accurate reflection of project performance at a project and program level
- Reports to Lead Planner and provides all planning and scheduling support to project focal points, project and delivery managers and supervisors
- Develop project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and agree with project stakeholders
- Prepare and update Project schedules in Primavera P6 based on scope of work, time line requirements and interaction with the team(including engineering, construction, hook up and commissioning)
- Resource loading in schedules and analyse periodically to level the resource requirements
- As a good team player, actively develops relationships with customers and Wood entities via regular contact and involvement
- Hold meetings with the project delivery teams to prepare and update project schedules
- Monitor overall project progress, assess impact of client interface milestones on Wood plans and share relevant Wood milestone data with client through appropriate controls
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Construction Engineer - SMP to join our team in Melbourne on a 12 months contract. Reporting to Completions Lead, the successful applicant will be part of busy project team delivering brownfields oil & gas modification projects for our client.
- Preparation of Construction work packs; generation of job cards, inspection & test records, compilation of Engineering deliverables
- Participation in Construction Safety Reviews
- Working to schedules, updating progress
- Experience with ERS and Pims CMS desirable.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Junior Mechanical / HVAC Engineer to be based out of our Melbourne office to work in our E&IS business on high profile projects in Australia, South East Asia and the Middle East. Wood E&IS office in Melbourne services a wide variety of technology intensive industries including biotechnology & pharmaceuticals, laboratories & research facilities, advanced education, light / heavy industrial and government services.
This is the opportunity for an energetic and professional engineer to further develop your career within the Mechanical team and strengthen your technical skills by being involved in design activities on various projects to achieve outstanding design outcomes.
- Participate in engineering projects in developing Mechanical / HVAC calculations, drawings, data sheets, project related specifications and other design documentation as required and in accordance with Australian Standards, BCA and Quality Assurance standards
- On site review of contractor’s installation and commissioning for compliance
- Maintain and apply a working knowledge of relevant engineering legislation, building codes and standards as they apply to projects
- Work with other engineers, designers and supervisors as required to support engineering project delivery
- Ensure all Maintenance activities are prepared to allow a safe and environmentally responsible operation.
- Comply with all Shell and Wood HSE principles, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for the daily selection of both PM & Breakdown work orders for preparation following prioritisation guidelines.
- Apply technical knowledge to determine equipment problems, failure modes and identify appropriate solutions in order to develop work packs.
- Ensure work order look a heads are performed and future work reflected in schedules / Maintenance plans.
- Work closely with offshore supervision to optimise vendor / specialist activities ensuring no mobilisations takes place where comprehensive work preparation is not complete and executable.
- When required, attend Short and Long term IAP meetings.
- Responsible for running daily ready for execution checks & setting relevant work orders for scheduling.
- Responsible for ensuring all Repair Order constraints are managed, prioritised, scheduled and delivered as per target dates.
- Responsible for ensuring all constraints (incl materials) are managed in relation to rough scheduled dates and target finish dates.
- Evaluate Work Pack feedback to improve future work preparation utilising the Z6 process.
- Responsible for determining planned man hours & updating estimate man hours fields.
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of work preparation to allow the accurate measurement of workload status.
- Perform quality checks on Breakdown, Repair & Folllow-On Work Orders to ensure the scope has been fully completed and the work order history is correctly closed out.
We are seeking an ambitious marine scientist at Associate or Technical Director level to join and grow our marine team in line with Wood’s wider marine strategy. With a strong portfolio of marine projects, predominantly in the offshore renewables, subsea cables, nuclear and oil and gas sectors, this is an opportunity for someone who has the appetite to build a technical team around them to deliver varied and interesting projects around the world.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical and delivery background as well as an extensive network of clients and strategic vision to grow the team on the back of our successes to date. This role will offer a unique and exciting opportunity for the candidate to make a significant contribution to the delivery of Wood’s strategic vision..
You will work with other members of Senior Management focusing on business development, project management and delivery, taking the lead on technical and commercial aspects of projects. You will have day-to-day client contact, facilitating opportunities for business development, whilst managing and mentoring more junior team members.
You will join an enthusiastic and supportive team and will experience a challenging and fulfilling working environment. There are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development across the wider Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions consultancy business.
Ideally, this role would be based in our Reading or Bristol office, although other office locations (Newcastle or Edinburgh) would be considered for the right candidate.
Main Duties and Responsibilities: To support the business development and delivery of large scale marine and coastal infrastructure projects, in the following areas:
- Provide marine technical expertise and project direction across a wide variety of marine infrastructure and development projects.
- Technical and professional leadership, support and development of the marine team through mentoring and line management.
- Manage and develop client relationships, identifying new business opportunities and manage delivery of proposals;
- Technical review of marine chapters and quality assurance of deliverables to a high standard.
The role requires excellent reporting and communications skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a team in order to deliver carefully considered solutions to produce high quality work.
We have an excellent opportunity for a stakeholder engagement/communications specialist or planner with postgraduate experience to join our successful and well-respected consultation and stakeholder engagement team in either London or Bristol.
The role would see you delivering consultation, stakeholder engagement and communications strategies for infrastructure projects and developments across the UK and joining a growing team of specialists within this discipline.
You would support the implementation of best-practice consultation, stakeholder engagement and communications strategies on behalf of both public and private sector clients for some of the most high-profile projects in the UK.
This role wound involve working on an exciting portfolio of well-known projects for developers such as National Grid and Heathrow Airport as well as agencies such as the Planning Advisory Service and the Homes and Communities Agency.
This is a great opportunity to join our growing team and to shape your future career within one of the country’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies.
You will be responsible for supporting the consultation and stakeholder engagement team in the development and implementation of consultation strategies for external clients, the delivery of community and wider stakeholder consultations and engagement events and the production of communications materials and reports.
The role requires a good understanding of the requirements for consultation, communications and engagement with a range of stakeholders, good written and verbal communication skills, efficient time management and the careful handling of client relationships.
Your main responsibilities within this role would include:
- Assisting with the production and implementation of stakeholder engagement strategies, advertising strategies and social media strategies
- Supporting internal and external engagement, consultation and communications teams in the development and delivery of consultation material
- Formulating and attending programmes of public drop-in consultation events, working within specific budgets and timeframes and coordinating internal and external colleagues from all technical disciplines
- Preparing communication materials such as web copy, brochures, newsletters and exhibition boards
- Assisting with analysing consultation feedback and writing consultation feedback reports
- Supporting the day to day management of client relationships and external agencies
Wood is currently recruiting for a Distributed Control System (DCS) Engineer with automation and control system design experience preferable in the Nuclear industry.
The main duties and responsibilities of the DCS Engineer will be :
- To develop the detailed technical solutions typically associated with the replacement of existing /obsolete Distributed Control Systems
- To define scopes of work, costs and schedules
- To support the transition from concept/FEED to execution.
- To implement engineering solutions typically required to solving obsolescence, disaster recovery, cyber security and technology road maps aligned with OEM development plans
- To provide input to project execution planning
- To undertake site surveys, confirm accuracy of existing documentation
- To attend customer meetings such as the kick off, progress meetings, technical clarifications, queries, close out and lesson learned sessions
- To typically act as the interface between the project and customer organisation at a technical level
- To coordinate, expedite and undertake the review of Vendor documentation in accordance with project procedures
- To prepare Test Procedures
- To prepare Detail Design Specifications
- To prepare DCS configuration
- To prepare HMI configuraiton
- To promote and comply with Wood and Client’s HSSE policies and procedures
- To champion of Wood's Quality Program and Procedures
- To take reasonable care of your own health and safety and of others who may be affected by your actions
- Not to misuse any equipment and report any damaged equipment
- To report all injuries, incidents and near misses and to proactively support our behavioural based observation system
Applicants must be British or EEA national and have resided in the UK continuously for a minimum of 5 years and be eligible for National securtiy clearance.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Graduate Process Engineer to work in our al-Khobar office Offshore Maintain Potential Program (OMPP) . Graduates will get opportunity to work in the upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas industry as we look to meet our Client’s needs and exceed their expectations in the conceptual engineering studies, pre-FEED, FEED, EPC and PMC Projects. The objective of the Graduate Development programme is to develop Saudi national graduate engineers to the international standards of the Oil & Gas industry and to support the Wood projects in Saudi Arabia.
The overall duration of the programme is planned for two years, during which Saudi national graduate engineers will go through a structured development programme. Successful completion of this programme shall allow graduates to obtain necessary knowledge and skills to become recognized professional engineers in Oil & Gas Industry.
At the same time the proposed graduate development programme and graduate engineers shall be registered in the Engineering Institution of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as per the requirements of in country legislation and work practices.
Wood is currently recruiting for Heavy Lift Scaffolding / Rigging Site Supervisors with site - based experience for a contract position in Umkomaas, KwaZulu Natal.
- Have prime responsibility for the implementation and enforcement of the project Health, Safety and Environmental, (HSE), policy, procedures and plans in close cooperation with the HSE Advisors on the project
- Responsible to identify potential HSE hazards in your area together with contractors working in the area and to ensure implementation of risk treatment plans by the contractors in consultation with the assigned HSE Advisor to your area
- Have prime responsibility in liaison with the Site Quality Coordinator and Site Engineering, for quality of work in your area, in particular:
- Assists in planning construction methods and procedures. Coordinates engineering or construction problems with the Construction Manager
- Interprets engineering drawings and prepares field sketches of revisions and additions
- Review design drawings, study and resolve Interference problems and review related vendor drawings and installation instructions
- Check the acceptability of the methods and practices proposed by the contractor
- Assist in the resolving of Technical Queries
- Inspect the contractor’s works to ensure that acceptable work standards are achieved
- Monitor installation of materials and equipment to ensure conformance with drawings and specifications
- Monitor the activities of contractors to ensure compliance with plans and specifications
- Ensure that the Subcontractor correctly interprets drawings, specifications and schedules
- Check equipment before release to the contractor advising the Materials Controller of any defects or where damage has occurred
- Complete Construction Punch lists as required by the Project and ensures that these Punch Lists are cleared without delay
- Witnessing and recording of all pre - commissioning and commissioning test data
- Recording of all “as built” information in accordance with the requirements of the Contract
- Maintain the required records so that progress measurements could be prepared timely and accurately and that potential claims could be defended successfully, in particular:
- Reviews Bills of Materials to ensure their completeness
- Records of costs and quantity information
- Liaise with Quantity Surveyor and ensure opportunity is given for measurement of all works in ample time
- Detailed Daily Diary recording all matters pertaining to the contract, including instructions given, the day’s work areas, manning levels, equipment in use, problem areas, safety issues, industrial relations issues
- Records of equipment and material deliveries
- Records of drawings required and Technical Queries
- Prepare field change notices, extra work orders and back charge notices for approval by the delegated authority
- Monitor contractor progress against schedule and report slippages to the Construction Manager. Propose measures to contractor and Construction Manager on how to recover lost time and to maintain schedule
- Monitoring the delivery and supply of all free issue materials to the contractor
Wood is looking for a Senior Field Electrical Engineers to strengthen our team in Basrah, Iraq on a 28 / 28 rotation with the following responsibilities:
- Will form part of client's Engineering team and will contribute to design and engineering work for Powerplant upgrades, new 132kV transmission line, new 132kV GIS substation, 11kV substation either for replacement or new installation for various NGL/refrigeration/compressor stations located in Iraq.
- Oversee design works associated with the project.
- Will be involved in the rehabilitation of the electrical distribution system, overhead line up to 132kV at various Gas Compression and Processing assets in southern Iraq.
- Development and coaching of inexperienced local electrical engineers is part and parcel of this role to ensure sufficient knowledge transfer to our Iraqi colleagues and also to allow the joint venture organization to sustain its competitive operations in the future.
- Provide support in rehabilitation work of various NGL plants and compressor stations including refrigeration plant in Iraq.
- Provide electrical engineering expert advice to the other projects undertaken by client primarily focusing on overhead lines, 400kV/132kV substation (GIS/AIS/Hybrid) Transformer and 11kV/6.6kV Switchgear and its rehabilitation/replacement, brownfield tie-ins and greenfield developments.
- Responsible for the successful execution & Detailed Design of electrical equipment for all assets.
- Participation in technical and compliance verification exercises e.g. SAFOP, SDR Challenge etc.
- Provide construction, pre commissioning and commissioning support to the project. Knowledge of system study software ETAP/SKM is preferred.
The main purpose of the role is to provide electrical engineering support to project, the accountabilities include:
- Act as primary focal point for high voltage electrical designs and installations
- Act as company representative and interface between client, the Ministry of Electricity (owner and operator of the HV infrastructure) and Engineering contractors, vendors and installation contractors engaged in HV projects executed for and on behalf of client, to ensure a smooth execution of the project scope while ensuring compliance to the relevant standards
- Leading in the area of Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) and actively promoting the culture within the organization
- Providing support to Electrical Engineering Technical Authority to assure technical integrity of projects throughout their life-cycle. This is done through technical support and assurance of the design, construction and commissioning of projects, such that plant changes are implemented according to appropriate technical standards. Also supports Technical Authority in preparation of PCAP and DDP for the allocated project sections.
- Continually seeks to improve ways of working to improve performance and to improve value delivery to projects and ensures delivery of high quality critical as-built documents and drawings related to their respective asset.
- Ensuring contractor’s deliverables are as approved Discipline Delivery Plan (at Technical Authority level accountabilities) and also delegated Technical Authority approvals, and that these deliverables complies with the client Technical Standards Philosophy. Where compliance is lacking, these need to be escalated to Technical Authority and other relevant authority levels.
- Support resolution to interfaces with the Engineering Contractors for a nominated area/facility/Off-plot Infrastructure.
- Providing assurance of integrity in the design of the facilities, specifically electrical systems and network e.g. re-use or replacement of legacy electrical systems and brown-field sites.
- Promote standardization & smart replication in engineering approaches.
- Ensuring the processes, procedures and tools are used, and ensure their proper implementation by the Engineering Contractor.
- Attending and participating in FATs.
- Supporting in developing standards for electrical discipline.
- Supporting the implementation of fit for purpose designs for both brownfield and greenfield sites within an organisation that has had limited exposure to training and new technologies.
- Establishing and maintaining a structured mentoring approach
Wood is currently recruiting for a Measurement Engineer based in the Clean Energy offices in Glasgow.
The principle responsibilities of this post include:
- On and offshore meteorological (met) mast, data logger and instrumentation installation, commissioning and operations & maintenance.
- On and offshore remote sensing equipment deployment and maintenance.
- Data recovery, screening and reporting.
- Power performance testing equipment installation and commissioning.
- Meteorological equipment pre-assembly, testing and maintenance.
- Project management duties, including:
- Proposal and report writing.
- Production of safe systems of work documentation.
- Equipment specification and procurement.
- Liaising with Client.
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients andcommitted to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Wood are currently recruiting for a Radiation Protection Consultant to lead in a role in the delivery of projects to a wide variety of clients in the UK, Europe, Africa and Asia, in support of new build, operations and decommissioning on regulated and non-regulated sites.
The role offers the opportunity to apply this core knowledge to other closely related technical areas such as dose assessment modelling, shielding, waste management and characterisation, transport of radioactive materials and radiation protection instrumentation.
- To act as the Technical Lead on projects, liaising with Clients, Regulatory Bodies and other stakeholders to ensure needs are met and clients are satisfied. Typical projects include:
- Providing radiological protection advice and support, defining and monitoring standards and behaviour;
- Specification and deployment of radiometric equipment;
- Undertaking Radiological Risk Assessments and managing change as required, including correct designation of areas; and
- Providing Radiation Protection advice and technical input to engineering and decommissioning projects
- To undertake practical radiological and environmental assessments
- To develop business capability through innovation, excellence in delivery, representation at industry forums and technical development We are looking for a degree qualified individual who can work across a range of radiation protection projects, experience in the following areas in one or more of the following areas is required.
Wood is looking for expression of interest from a Senior Contracts Engineer who aspire to be part of a team, delivering powerful results. We look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution.
Join our collaborative team, working side by side with a global specialist chemicals company on a new and innovative project in the growing Lithium resources market to design, engineer and construct a world class processing facility. We have a diverse range of opportunities within our Perth office and further positions in the South West.
The greenfield project targeted to go into production in 2020 will produce Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate from a 3 train processing plant with a forecasted 60,000 per annum (Tpa) output. Further expansion plans into 2025 will see a total production of 100,000 tonnes per annum. The plant is to be constructed at the Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area approximately 160 km south of Perth, Western Australia and 17 km north-east of the thriving regional centre of Bunbury.
Position Specifics & Deliverables
- Control engineering services contracts, construction contracts project operations and co-ordination of interface activities with other task force members in accordance with applicable company and project requirements, systems, procedures, budgets and schedules. As applicable additionally, suitably trained and qualified personnel will be required to execute quantity surveying duties in accordance with applicable practices and procedures
- Support to the field construction contracts operations to ensure a consistent and business-like approach
- Preparation and control of tender/contract documents to be used for the selection and appointment of contractors for work or services or estimating on designated projects
- Actively promote effective communication and relations with contractors and all other interfacing departments and disciplines in carrying out the assigned duties
- Recognised Instrument Apprenticeship
- Technical qualification with applicable Instrument background – ONC in Instrument Engineering (or equivalent) OR with Industry experience
Job Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that all project work activities are implemented in accordance with the Project Management System (NPMS) and industry best practices where applicable.
- Conceiving, implementing and/or participating in capital efficiency improvement initiatives
- Considering ways for continuous improvement of Post-award project contract management process performance within NDD and CONTRACTOR(s) working on NDD project activities.
- Coordinating internal communications and relations with staff regarding Post-award project contract management process subject matter.
- Providing advice and, whenever necessary, hands on support to the NCOC PT’s and CONTRACTOR(s) in such activities as preparation of support documentation required for timely execution of Contracts including requisitions, Contract Board Submissions, tender packages, evaluation and award of contracts to support project activities, as well as arranging of post award contract support in accordance with Company procedures and SAP requirements, project controls, and project cost reporting.
- Participate in the Cold Eyes Reviews (CER) of PT activities, including Project Management of Change committees.
- Participating in the review of CONTRACTOR(s) Contract control processes and related documentation and ensuring their adherence to NPMS expectations and good industry work practices.
- Develop staff capabilities, awareness and involvement in Post-award project contract management process activities.
- Participate in capturing Project Contract support and management lessons learned and best practices
- Ability to have a basic understanding on the following operations, construction and commissioning work activities
- Civil, Mechanical,
- Construction, Fabrication, and Installation/HUC techniques
- Production Surface Equipment and Facilities
- Production Turnaround activities and processes
Wood is currently recruiting for an assistant accountant with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Collect Expense report from staffs and check the expense report in compliance with company policy and get proper approval from management for the claim of expense
- Input payment in e-banking system and manage petty cash and bank journal
- Maintain employee loan sheet and expense report record
- Prepare weekly and quarterly treasury report
Make an impression in a global consulting firm ranked #7 in the Top 500 Design Firms & #10 in the Top 50 International Market.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions Group has a global network of engineers, scientists and project managers, we apply ingenuity, innovative technologies and customer focus to deliver solutions for complex environmental and infrastructure challenges. We are a diverse business, with around 7,600 people in about 175 offices spanning six continents. From engineering resilient facilities to restoring contaminated sites, we provide support across the life cycle of our customers’ assets in the government, industrial and manufacturing, mining, power, infrastructure, and oil and gas sectors. We are hiring a six month contract for an Accounting Administrator to join our Environment & Infrastructure Solutions group in Mississauga, ON.
Reception and Office Administration Responsibilities:
- Answer phone calls from clients
- Filing and archiving project files
- Liaise with Project Accountants to assist with data entry
- Sort incoming mail and responsible for outgoing mail, couriers and postage
- Daily bank deposits going to lock box
- Project closure procedures
- Provide administrative support to all Project Accountants as required (i.e pulling expense back up; uploading contracts into sharepoint, etc.)