Click column header to sort
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Project engineer to be based in Woking.
Role Specific Responsible:
- Successful delivery of ICSS scope
- Coordination of relevant 3rd party packages
- Support project manager in delivering the overall scope
- Management of the scope & identification of changes to scope
- Development and management of the L4 schedule in line with Needs of the project and key milestones in Level 3 Schedule
- Alignment of deliverables and schedules with area PMs
- Technical level interfaces with TCO and PJV both on and offshore (Regular meetings and reviews)
- Management of the Engineering teams assigned to own area
- Planning and arranging H/W and S/W testing as appropriate, with support from Test coordinator and Engineering team
- Responsible for identifying the resource requirements and communicating with PAS engineering team
- Responsible for management of issues at technical level both internally and externally
- Responsible for quality of the outputs for assigned areas
- Promote and comply with Wood and Client’s HSSE policies and procedures
- Champion of Wood’s Quality Program and Procedures
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety and of others who may be affected by your actions.
- Not to misuse any equipment and report any damaged equipment.
- Report all injuries, incidents and near misses and to proactively support our behavioural based observation system
Wood. is recruiting a Document Controller to further increase the capacity and knowledge base of the well-established Project Services department. This will give you the opportunity to work on a wide range of Wood. projects.
- Administering Document Control services to Projects.
- Maintaining accurate electronic and hard copy libraries for project management systems, and has a full understanding of Client’s Standard, Procedures, Security System etc.
HSSE and Quality Responsibilities*
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety and of others who may be affected by your actions.
- Co-operate with MAH by following all relevant health and safety policies and practice safe work habits.
- Not to misuse any equipment and report any damaged equipment.
- Report all injuries, incidents and near misses and to proactively support our behavioural based observation system.
- Implement established procedures to ensure compliance to Quality and HSSE requirements.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in Quality and HSSE and notify the relevant department.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Supervisor with Construction experience in Oil and Gas or Petrochemical plants
The Mechanical Supervisor will represent Wood for Socar project (package B) to ensure the construction contractors’ activities comply with all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) policy, site regulations, permit to work procedures and Client requirements.
The Mechanical Supervisor will have the following key duties:
- Review and monitor the availability of drawings, specifications, job instructions, material deliveries and tools applicable to the Mechanical Static Equipment discipline and area of work
- In conjunction with the contractors’ supervision, planning engineers, and the Construction Engineer, develop detailed daily and weekly work plans in accordance with the overall planning schedule
- Continually review material and equipment deliveries and report discrepancies and / or shortages to the Discipline Superintendent and Material Controller
- Ensure that contractors record all quality control checks, and that all quality documentation is available for inclusion in the handover dossiers. Ensure all quality control checks and tests are executed in accordance with the contractors’ agreed ITP, method statements and project specifications
- Witness, inspect and maintain surveillance checks on contractors work in accordance with the site quality plan requirements, and agreed ITPs. Ensure that all inspection activities are recorded in the appropriate records
- Assist the Discipline Superintendent in preparing all reports relative to the work progress in his area and attend progress meetings as and when required
- Continually monitor the installation progress comparing planned and actual progress measures claimed by the Contractor. Inform Discipline Superintendent of shortfalls and anomalies
Wood is currently recruiting for an HSSEA Administrator & Data Analyst with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
This role will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain and administer incident databases in-line with the global mandatory procedures covering full Asia Pacific (APac) region.
- Review, develop, and maintain weekly and monthly reports from HSE and Quality databases, integrating with information from other sources as necessary, including developing automated performance dashboards
- Review performance and identify trends and areas for focus based on data
- Maintain and administer all the HSSE plans and registers for APac
- Monitor and report on status of HSSEA improvment plans
- Review and expedite reporting of audits, leadership visits etc for Regional Leadership Team and Contracts
- Support HSSEA team meetings, including preparation, logistics, minutes and action registers
- Support development of HSSEA responses to potential project bids and other requirements with in APac
- Develop HSSE communications and communications plans, including safety alerts for APac
- Support and administer the HSSEA SharePoint site
- Support the review and update of HSSE procedures and documents against internal / external audit findings including Emergency Response Plans and other security documents for the APac
The role will report to VP HSSEA for Operational Services Asia Pacific, but will be report to and be supported day to day, by the Regional HSEQ manager for South and South East Asia, who is co-located in Kuala Lumpur
- Melbourne CBD location
- Permanent position
- Salary range of $85k - $90K
Wood is currently recruiting for Mechanical / HVAC Engineers to be based out of our Melbourne office to work in our Environment & Infrastructure Solutions (E&IS) business on high profile projects in Australia, South East Asia and the Middle East. Wood E&IS office in Melbourne services a wide variety of technology intensive industries including biotechnology & pharmaceuticals, laboratories & research facilities, advanced education, light / heavy industrial and government services.
This is the opportunity for an energetic and professional engineers to further develop your career within the Mechanical team and strengthen your technical skills by being involved in design activities on various projects to achieve outstanding design outcomes.
- Participate in engineering projects in developing Mechanical / HVAC calculations, drawings, data sheets, project related specifications and other design documentation as required and in accordance with Australian Standards, BCA and Quality Assurance standards
- On site review of contractor’s installation and commissioning for compliance
- Maintain and apply a working knowledge of relevant engineering legislation, building codes and standards as they apply to projects
- Work with other engineers, designers and supervisors as required to support engineering project delivery
Wood is looking for a Lead Site Planner who aspires to be part of a team, delivering powerful results. We look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution.
Join our collaborative team, working side by side with a global specialist chemicals company on a new and innovative project in the growing Lithium resources market to design, engineer and construct a world class processing facility. We have a diverse range of opportunities within our Perth office and further positions in the South West.
The greenfield project targeted to go into production in 2020 will produce Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate from a 3 train processing plant with a forecasted 60,000 per annum (Tpa) output. Further expansion plans into 2025 will see a total production of 100,000 tonnes per annum. The plant is to be constructed at the Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area approximately 160 km south of Perth, Western Australia and 17 km north-east of the thriving regional centre of Bunbury.
Position Specifics and Deliverables
- Develop schedules for the provision of engineering services and/or for the implementation of capital projects
- Use established scheduling software
- Use established coding systems to ensure alignment with cost budgets
- Develop schedule levels, activities, logic, durations, and assign resources
- Fix original issue schedules as baseline schedules
- Develop and maintain earned value graphical reports
- Monitor progress of activities routinely and update schedules appropriately
- Evaluate, analyse and report schedule deviations
- Review change documentation for impact on schedules
- Provide schedule related narratives for routine reports
- Assist in maintenance of planning & scheduling procedures and systems
- Provide technical guidance and support to planner/schedulers in the region
- Provide routine checking of schedules to ensure they are fit for purpose and meet minimum requirements
- Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the business
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Manager - Brownfield Project Experience to form part of our project team in our Melbourne CBD Office on a 12 months contract. Reporting to the Delivery lead, the ideal candidate would act as the main client interface and manage a team to deliver an EPC project to scope, cost and schedule. Experience with direct project management of various brownfield scopes and pipeline experience would be an advantage.
- Project manage a full EPC delivery team and subcontractors to deliver projects from front end design, through detailed design, procurement, construction, hand over and close-out
- Bottom line responsibility for the financial and technical success of a project
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Statement of Requirements throughout the phasing of the project from concept, detail design, and site implementation
- Implementation of the company quality management system for the project.
Wood is currently looking for a Senior Offshore Structural Engineer to work on the engineering and project management services for an Unconventional Gas Development Program in Saudi Arabia We are committed to managing the program from our Al - Khobar office where the project management team will be based for the duration of the contract This represents an excellent development opportunity for individuals interested to work in Saudi Arabia, with most assignments expected to be for at least one year’s duration with the opportunity of further extension for the right candidates
- Have experience in the oil / gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, Petrochemical industries on large to mega projects
- Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents, and material and equipment specifications
- Must have working knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications
- Demonstrates ability to work with others
- Has demonstrated capabilities in designing independently with minimum supervision
- Must have working knowledge of project QA / QC requirements
- Must have knowledge of structural design practices, calculations, design details, international codes and standards
- Has experience in preparation of bill of materials
- Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents
- Resolves specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes, and standards
- Carry out the detailed design, drawings and calculation for projects assigned by HoD / Project Manager or Lead Engineer
- With knowledge on appropriate codes of practice and standards,
- Able to use design and assessment methods under minimum supervision
- Aware of analytical methods used within discipline and theoretical background
- Able to identify personal training / education opportunities
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Piping Engineer with lead experience on medium EPC projects, FEED Studies and 3D Design. This role is available on a contract basis and will be based in our Darlington Offices.
- Detailed knowledge of Piping Design and Plant Layout aspects
- Proven understanding of Pipe Specification and compnent selection
- Proven skill at support selection
- Capable of pipe routing of all major process and utility piping in accordance with P&ID's and project standards, including specific service conditions and impact on piping design
- Shall be capable of preparing SPS details for review/check by Stress Engineer; checking/correcting alldeliverables; preparation of Plot Plans in accordance with Project requirements and standards.
- Capable of representing the disciplineto the Client
- Possess management skills and the ability to deliver projects
- Issue clear directions on targets, communicate concisely and develop the piping team on projects
- Maintain a strong work ethic and understand team dynamics and adjust behaviour to gain maximum advantage
Wood have identified a requirement for a contractor to provide Senior PDMS Piping Design services for a period of 3 months. This position will be based in our offices in Darlington and requires extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry along with extensive 3D experience using PDMS Software.
- Execute Plant Layout and Piping discipline design and draughting activities within budget and schedule
- Execute design and draughting activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development (FEED) & Detailed Design)
- Prepare Plant Layout and Piping drawings and design deliverables to the required technical quality with minimum input from engineering personnel as required
Detailed Services to be provided
- Achieve safety standards as defined by Wood
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Standards and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel as required.
- Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule.
- Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope.
- Maintain good communication with the Client.
- Maintain discipline filing system.
Wood is currently recruiting for Project Engineer.
- Function as Project Engineer or Lead Project Engineer on assigned projects and coordinate / facilitate with other discipline engineers and designers
- Execute assigned work in accordance with the Project Execution Plan, applicable Project Procedures and Standards, including Foster Wheeler and / or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control within the man - hour and cost budgets and in accordance with project schedule targets
- Review the project execution schedule developed by the Cost and Planning Department to ensure that Project Engineering progress will be achieved
- Prepare and develop all essential execution plans as requested
- Manage and maintain of electronic filing system as required by the project
- Act on audit reports as required
- Carry out coordination of Project Engineering issues between FW and client’s engineering personnel and ensure that this is fully effective
- Carry out necessary actions for Project engineering progress problem to ensure that progress is back on track
- Ensure that all Project Engineering scope changes are properly raised and recorded to cover man - hours, costs and schedule impacts and coordinate on preparation of back up documents
- Ensure that issues between site and H.O. engineering personnel are fully effective when assigned as Field Project Engineer
Wood is currently recruiting for Vessel and Heat Exchanger Engineer / Senior Vessel and Heat Exchanger Engineer.
- Function as Lead Engineer on assigned projects and co - ordinate / facilitate with other discipline lead engineers, the PEM, Material Management Department, and the Client’s engineers. Ensure that all group personnel understand and comply with project requirements and contract obligations
- Identify the full scope of group work
- Execute assigned work in accordance with the Project Execution Plan and / or the Discipline Design Instruction where applicable, including Foster Wheeler and / or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control within the man - hour and cost budgets and in accordance with project schedule targets
- Regularly review the project execution schedule developed by the Cost and Planning Department to ensure that group progress will be achieved
- Ensure that all group personnel are made aware of requirements of the project execution strategies
- Administration and immediate direction of group engineers assigned to the project
- Assign group engineers to specific tasks within the project team. Review and check, as necessary, work executed by assigned by CVE and / or lead engineer to ensure that it meets the requirements of the project
- Continuously monitor and improve the group personnel’s performance in all areas
- Act on audit reports as required
- Ensure that all group personnel are fully compliant with licensors and project secrecy agreements
- Ensure that coordination of group issues between FW and client’s engineering personnel is fully effective and directed
- Ensure that group DMS or DMRS progress is maintained and, where necessary, a recovery program is implemented
- Ensure that all scope changes affecting the group’s work scope are properly raised and recorded to cover man - hours, costs, and schedule impacts. Coordinate on preparation of back - up document
- Review workload regularly to ensure manpower is used efficiently
- Ensure that issues between site and H.O. engineering personnel are fully effective
- Co - ordinate the establishment of supplier document requirements and the effective ongoing control of review and approval
- Be familiar with current application of computer systems to Foster Wheeler’s business and endeavor to optimize their use and development within the project / department budget, both to solve technical problems and to promote the effective management of information. These systems will include the application of CAD, PDS, DMRS, SMILE, etc.
As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, an opportunity has arisen for two Civil Engineers to join our team based in our Newcastle office. Working within various multidiscipline project design teams, you will contribute to the delivery of the civil engineering design content on a range of challenging projects across various sectors including Government, Energy, Commercial, Industrial and Infrastructure.
These positions will perform a broad range of planning and design tasks for stand-alone water and wastewater treatment, sewer flooding, water and sewerage networks and general infrastructure projects, as well as civil design tasks associated with support of other multi-discipline projects.
Duties will include field investigations, analyses and studies, as well as the development of plans, construction drawings, specifications, design calculations, reports and contract documents. The position will be technically involved in detailed design work, detailed checking of work completed by others, coordination of civil and non-civil designs on multi-discipline projects, as well as resolution of design issues during construction.
We have a number of excellent opportunities for motivated individuals to play an important role in the delivery of design. In particular, we are looking for experience in the implementation of the design of water or waste water projects to support our growing workload in these areas. With frameworks with most of the major Water Companies, there is substantial potential for career development and growth.
- Organise and manage site based investigations
- Development of designs and the co-ordination of the CAD team
- Completing civil engineering design calculations under the guidance of senior civil engineers
- Development of design solutions
- Preparation of technical reports at various project stages including feasibility, concept and detailed design
- Preparation of contract documents
- Co-ordination of the production of construction drawings in CAD
- Working closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects
- Providing input to proposals, work scope, work schedule and budgets
- Liaison with the Client
- Providing support to allow the project team in relation to the duties of Designer under CDM including the production of design risk assessments
Wood is currently looking for Piping Designer / Senior Piping Designer.
- Execute the assigned design and drafting activities following the instructions given by the Area Piping Engineer in accordance with the quality system in force within the Discipline, job requirements, and time schedule
- Keep the Area Piping Engineer fully informed on the status of his activities
- Ensure adequate flow of information within the Project Team
- Ensure quality in design, technical accuracy in the preparation of drawings, material quantities, etc.
- Develop Plot plan and Equipment layouts under the supervision and following the instructions of Area Piping Engineer according to the established Technical Work Practices
- Develop 2D Piping General Arrangement Drawings under the supervision and following the instructions of Area Piping Engineer according to the established Technical Work Practices
- Carry out site survey activities at field to develop 2D Piping General Arrangement Drawings, Tie - in / Disinvestment isometric drawings under the supervision and following the instructions of Area Piping Engineer according to the established Technical Work Practices
- Develop 3D model based on the study layouts under the supervision and following the instructions of Area Piping Engineer according to the established Technical Work Practices
- Prepare Isometric sketches for all Stress critical lines with the possible support locations and assist the stress engineer to carry out stress analysis
- Model supports (Physical / Logical) based on the Stress Comments for critical lines and non - critical lines according to the established Technical Practices
- Resolve and co - ordinate all clashes within the piping discipline and other discipline
- Prepare comments on drawing and specification related to other discipline which may be affected by piping activities
- Assist, Remodel and Update the model based on the Internal, Client reviews, latest Supplier information and Isometric checking comments and maintain the clash free model
- Signing drawing / documents as originator in accordance with correct procedures
- Provide "Feedback" to the Area Piping Engineer concerning problem arising from application of standard methods and work instruction
- File drawings and documents according to the instructions of Area Piping Engineer
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Inspector with extensive experience in the nuclear industry.
The role of mechanical inspector working within the Operation Site Work (OSW) project in Cumbria, as part of the OneAim OSW joint venture.
The work will be to provide support to the quality function in the delivery of mechanical, projects, task, & jobs across the Sellafield Site.
Co-ordinating with the client and supply chain in reviewing/accepting mechanical quality requirements, creating/reviewing mechanical quality documentation within the project. The responsibilities, accountabilities, essential skills, and desirable skills (but not restricted too) the role is listed below
To co-ordinate and carry out mechanical inspections/surveillances as determined by the Project/Task or Job quality plan, both on site and within the supply chain.
Create, coordinate and sign off inspection/surveillance reports as specified within the quality plan concurrent with manufacture and include these in the LTR.
Contribute to the compilation of the LTR file as and when required.
Ensure that all work done meets the client’s specification requirements.
Liaise with the clients Inspection & Certification Group (ICG) personnel to oversee inspection work as stipulated within the quality plan.
Ensure that any personal qualifications are kept up-to-date, and all certification is submitted to the client for review/acceptance.
Able to source and locate inspection documentation from within the organisations Quality Management System.
Working as part of a project delivery team to deliver targets to a tight timescale.
Accountable for the interpretation and application of Sellafield Limited quality requirements.
Wood is currently recruiting Process Engineers to their Onshore Project Hub in Darlington, UK, on an agency basis.
We are currently looking for engineers to work across the full life cycle, from studies and FEED to EPC. Applicants with a background and understanding of Petrochemical, Chemicals or Refining unit operations should apply.
Duties would include carrying out process engineering design activities, following Company standards and procedures to schedule and budget as advised by the Process Lead Engineer / Project Line Manager.
Specific opportunities exist for those interested in working at a client sites in the North East on a substantial relief valve study for a duration of six months as well a general design duties in our Darlington office.
Detailed services to be provided:
- Develop, review, and take responsibility for the accuracy of detailed calculations, process engineering datasheets and drawings to specify the process engineering requirements of our projects
- Remain up to date with the latest technical developments in your fields of expertise
- Support internal development and continuous improvement activity as required
- Demonstrate, provide and develop appropriate technical solutions for specific project issues
- Ensure the delivery of challenging project and client targets using sound technical knowledge and decision-making skills
- Take a proactive approach to personal & professional development
- Ensure Wood and Client Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures are followed and that a high standard of safety is achieved in all associated work
- Demonstrate appreciation of commercial and technical risks, managing these appropriately within own work and highlighting any significant issues to relevant Lead Engineers and Process Managers
- Seek opportunities for department and project improvement and contribute to developing solutions
Wood is currently recruiting Principal and Senior Process Engineers to their Onshore Project Hub in Darlington, UK.
We are currently looking for experienced engineers with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle, from studies and FEED to EPC, to ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our client’s requirements. Applicants with strong leadership/technical skills and a background and understanding of Refining and Petrochemicals unit operations should apply.
Detailed services to be provided:
- Be able to lead and supervise Process Engineering Teams in Studies, FEEDs and EPC Projects
- Be willing to mentor and engage in the training and development of junior engineers in your team
- Undertake process design work of units as required, supervise and check work of assigned engineers on the project as appropriate
- Execute process engineering activities within the budget and schedule, as well as maintaining technical integrity of the designs
- Develop the basis of design as the Lead Process Engineer, undertake detailed calculations to develop the design and be responsible for the accuracy of these calculations
- Ensure that detail design methods, standards and data used conform with Client's requirements and / or those issued by Wood
- Prepare Process Flow Diagrams, Equipment specifications, Process Descriptions and P&IDs for review and approval
- Be responsible for the checking or approval of process calculations in accordance with Wood procedures
- Ensure a high standard of safety is achieved and Environmental and Quality Assurance procedures are followed
- Perform safety related calculations and provide input to Hazops, SIL and other safety reviews as directed
- Contribute where necessary to review of supplier quotations and reviews of the project 3D CAD model
- Ensure that requirements of Client and Licensor's Secrecy Agreements are known and complied within the work performed
- Participate in technical meetings and handle discussions with client engineers
- Assist as required in the preparation of Operating Manuals
- File process calculations and other documents in the proper manner at the conclusion of design work
Wood is currently recruiting for a Machinery Supervisor with Construction experience in Oil and Gas or Petrochemical plants.
The Machinery Supervisor will represent Wood on-site at Eni Gela Refinery, to ensure the construction contractors’ activities comply with all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) policy, site regulations, permit to work procedures and Client requirements.
- Check in advance, in cooperation with Material Controller, if the material to be used for the erection of planned works is available and report to SARLUX Construction Manager any deficiency and the information on the approximate arriving date of material
- Check machinery condition on arrival at site
- Assist the Material Controller, when required, for the unloading of machinery and checking of the parts that arrive disassembled on site
- Check that all machineries are protected and supervise the routine maintenance in accordance with AMEC FWI procedure and Vendor's instruction, during erection period. Record of maintenance shall be prepared and filed to assure that the equipment is properly protected and maintained
- Check the disassembly of machinery accessories before installation
- Supervise the assembly of machinery
- Supervise the alignment of machinery in cold condition and in hot condition and issue pre acceptance test certificate
- Supervise the assembly of accessory circuits and connection of the same with the service lines
- Check in cooperation with the Piping Supervisor the paralleling of the flange connection with the pipe lines and the efficiency of piping support in order to avoid damage to the machinery.
- Supervise motor and/or turbine running in and check the right alignment (in cooperation with other Supervisor: e.g. Electrical Supervisor for electrical motor)
- Check safety circuits and safety provision
- Supervise and check the lubrication and auxiliary system of machinery in accordance with Vendor's Instructions
- Keep record of modifications and send to Material Controller information necessary to issue a back charges to machinery Vendor's if necessary
- Prepare and fill the testing and obtain approval of installation from Client Construction Manager
- Check pickling of suction line if requested in the specifications
Wood is currently searching for a Trainee Civil Draftsperson to join our team on contract basis in Melbourne. The successful candidate will be responsible of the preparation of Civil drawings in support of the project scope of work delivery, including layouts, earthworks, roads and pavements, fencing, lighting, prefabricated buildings and their integration, utilities such as plumbing, drainage, water supply treatment and storage, sewerage reticulation and treatment and diesel fuel storage and supply. This role is responsible for design associated with work in Papua New Guinea.
- Develop drawings under supervision in a brownfield context that comply with local laws and regulations, as well as industry and company codes, standards and practices
- Develop deliverables and design solutions in accordance with the project scope of work, design basis, project schedule and Wood procedures
- Participate in the procurement process and other business development support
- Liaise with other discipline teams to ensure that the required project outcomes are met
- Brief visit/s to PNG Highlands may be required.
Wood is looking for Document Controllers who aspire to be part of a team, delivering powerful results. We look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution.
This role is responsible for providing all aspects of document control activities and ensuring that a high quality, customer focused service is provided under the close supervision of the Document Control Lead.
Position Specifics & Deliverables
- Controlling, issuing and distribution of all engineering and supplier documents
- Completing document number requests, archiving and filing of hardcopies and scanning documents as required
- Assist with the filing and project close-out of documents
- Inputting data into a document management system
- Receipt and control of information from the client
- Liaising with the client and other departments, giving recommendations as required
- Promoting and providing general assistance of all aspects of document control activities