Click column header to sort
Wood Plc,Intelligent operations team, Automation and Control is looking for an innovative and solutions-oriented Software Developer with a Chemical Engineering or Flow Assurance background and focus area. You will find a challenging and rewarding work environment with unlimited growth potential! This is a great opportunity for recent college graduates and those looking to make a change in their careers with advancement opportunities. The candidate will demonstrate the ability to maintain, modify and test changes to existing software programs and products as well as develop or contribute to new modules or functionality in the existing software.
As a member of Intelligent Software Solutions Group, the primary duty is to provide innovative software products for the oil and gas industry. The candidate for this position will be required to:
- Use both software development and engineering knowledge to help drive the design and usability of our software products
- Improve and enhance our current software suite by focusing on either:
- User interface improvements and enhancements for an improved user experience
- Backend development including core architecture for continuous improvement
- Maintain existing codebases and technologies and developing or maintaining unit tests to ensure code is bug free and backward compatible
- Support and troubleshooting requests from internal and external users
- Liaise with internal development teams and end users to ensure development is in line with the broader company goals and features requests are appropriately prioritized and resolved
Wood is currently looking for a Project Accountant to join us for our KL office due to expansion.
Job Responsibilites as follows :-
- Maintain project related records, including contracts and change orders
- Review and approve supplier invoices related to a project
- Review and approve overhead charges to be applied to a project
- Reveiw account totals related to project assets aand expenses
- Confer with receivables staff or client regarding unpaid contract billings
- Report on project profitability to management
- Report to management on any opportunities for additional billings
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects
- Prepare final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects including all applicable backup documents
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing, communicate with the Lead Project Accountant as to your observations and actions taken
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period
- Work with the cash reciepts team member to reconcile variances that occue in the application of cash.
- Monthly analyze the P&L accounts monthly.
- Reconmmend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing cycle.
Wood. is recruiting Administration Specialist to further increase the capacity and knowledge base of the well-established Project Services department. This will give you the opportunity to work on a wide range of Wood. projects
- Providing administrative and general support to project teams and to corporate managers when required.
HSSE and Quality Responsibilities
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety and of others who may be affected by your actions.
- Co-operate with MAH by following all relevant health and safety policies and practice safe work habits.
- Not to misuse any equipment and report any damaged equipment.
- Report all injuries, incidents and near misses and to proactively support our behavioural based observation system.
- Implement established procedures to ensure compliance to Quality and HSSE requirements.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in Quality and HSSE and notify the relevant department.
1. Production and checking of common electrical design deliverables including:
- Single Line Diagrams
- Block Cable Diagrams
- Schematic/Connection Diagrams
- General Electrical Equipment Layouts including Sub-Station Layouts
- Lighting Layouts
- Earthing Layouts
- Hazardous Area Layouts
- Cable & Drum Schedules
2. Experienced in the activities, procedures, and methods associated with electrical systems design development including:
- Cable Scheduling and Routing Design (above and below ground)
- Lighting Design (including lighting design software application)
- Earthing Systems
- Hazardous Area Classification
- Electrical Bulk Material Take-off and Requisitioning
3. Competent practitioner in the application of Industry standard CAD systems (AutoCAD/MicroStation) for the production of 2-D electrical drawings
4. Basic awareness of international design standards e.g. IEC/CENELEC /ATEX (European) and ANSI/NEC (American).
5. Experienced in electrical design applications in a 3-D model environment via industry standard 3-D CAD modelling systems (SP3D)
Wood is recruiting for a C&I Engineer to join our Engineering team office in Saudi Arabia. The position will be based in our office in Al-Khobar and has an expected duration of 12 months, although there is the possibility of follow-on work in the future.
This role will work in a multidiscipline team environment where the overall success of the project is paramount. Being a team player and having the interpersonal skills to interact effectively with other team members and other disciplines is essential.
- Develop specification and prepare material requisitions for control and safety systems, instruments, valves and all other instruments on assigned front end and detailed engineering projects
- Carry out instrument sizing calculations and verification checks.
- Review and develop P&IDs for correctness in respect of control & safety requirements and instrumentation.
- Prepare a project instrument index in accordance with the P&IDs.
- Assist the designers with the preparation of cable block diagrams, cable routing, equipment layouts, termination drawings and schedules.
- Review all C&I drawings and ensure that the quality of design and drawings produced for enquiry and fabrication purposes is of satisfactory standard.
- Prepare technical bid analysis for C&I equipment.
- Attend coordination meetings and engineering review meetings with supplier as required.
- Review document requirements and issue dates for major equipment with suppliers and assist Procurement Department in compiling a Supplier’s Document Index.
- Assist Procurement Department with the expediting of supplier documents.
- Review and approve supplier documents for instrumentation and distribute.
- Attend site surveys and contribute to site survey reports.
- Give support to client, project engineers, other specialist engineers and inspectors on C&I engineering matters. Review C&I aspects of package unit supplier’s drawings as requested by the engineer responsible for the equipment.
- Advise the Lead C&I Engineer of any slippages and their causes and proposed corrective action.
- Advise the Lead C&I Engineer of any technical problems and unresolved differences with other groups.
- Co-ordinate with Procurement Department and ensure certified drawings are available in time to meet the engineering schedules.
- Notify the Project Engineer of all deficiencies in the flow of data or other basic information required for execution of work.
- Assist the Lead C&I Engineer with the progress reports.
- Follow up C&I construction work on project sites to ensure correct interpretation of designs regarding installation. Resolve any C&I problems arising during commissioning.
- Keep abreast of development in the C&I engineering field.
- Suggest ways to improve efficiency, costs and service in the execution of projects.
- Assist where necessary in the compilation of operating manuals and mechanical catalogues.
- Perform such duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Lead C&I Engineer.
Wood is currently looking for Senior Design Safety Engineer to work on the engineering and process design services in al-Khobar offices in Saudi Arabia. This is a full-time position and we are looking for someone that has good experience across all features of Design HSE, but especially risk assessment, engineering design reviews and HAZOPs. This role will be working across a number of projects that run across the full scope of project delivery
- Preparing and executing process safety activities and deliverables including HSE Philosophies, HSE Plans, consequence modelling, HAZOP, HAZID and SIL
- Writing Health and Safety Plans and Philosophies
- Reviewing project documentation
- Conducting safety studies and risk assessments both qualitative and quantitative
- Conducting process safety reviews and audits
- Participating in HAZOP, HAZIDs and SIL reviews, sometimes as Chairman
- Overseeing all process safety issues and deliverables primarily during the FEED and the detailed design phases of projects
- Meeting project deadlines and milestones for deliverables
- Liaising with project management and client
- Interpret process safety related legislation and standards
- Conduct technical work within budgetary and time constraints
Wood is currently recruiting for two Senior Construction Engineer to join our team in Hides, Papua New Guinea on a Fly In Fly Out rotational schedule (20 days on/ 28 days off). Reporting to Construction Coordinator, the successful applicant will be responsible for construction engineering interface with Head Office and coordination of related support activities pertaining directly to the project\s.
- Coordination and organisation of site-based field engineering team
- Interface with Contractor’s Project and Discipline Engineers, Contractors, Construction personnel and Company’s Operations personnel to develop construction work plans
- Document plans in construction work packages
- Providing Construction estimates / CTR approval (in collaboration with the Superintendents)
- Implementation of the work break down structure for each Project as documented in the Project Execution Plans (work break downs structure shall be implemented at the start of the detailed design phase - in strong collaboration with the applicable Construction Superintendent)
- Sets and maintains the quality of the work packs, formats, contents and how they are used
- Integration of materials management (work pack MTOs and AFC source documents)
- Planning and Execution of work / resource management of the job carders
- Construction input into the Project and Engineering Design (leveraging site expertise as appropriate)
- Actively promotes excellence in H&S by setting clear H&S expectations
- Provides consistent, visible leadership to ensure strong individual and field engineering team motivation and productivity
- Sets clear expectations for individuals and teams, communicate organisation, roles and responsibilities, and provide ongoing coaching and support.
WOOD is currently recruiting for a Lead Contracts Engineer with extensive experience in the Oil and Gas Petrochemical industry
- Formulate and agree with the various task force members the contracting strategy and the contracting plan
- Prepare and review with project and corporate management a list of possible companies for prequalification for each proposed work package and carry out the prequalification of companies wishing to tender including coordinating the input from other disciplines as appropriate and prepare pre-qualification evaluation report for management and client’s approval
- Actively promote effective coordination, communication and relationships with all other interfacing disciplines in carrying out the assigned duties
- Prepare and issue contract strategy, list of recommended Contractors and obtain necessary approvals
- Agree with the Procurement Commercial Manager the format and project specific terms and conditions of contract for the tender / contract documents
- Evaluate contractor exceptions to terms and conditions of contract and use appropriate evaluation structure to facilitate analysis and evaluation of basic contractor submissions to produce clear and concise tender evaluation reports for approval
- Review contract requisitions and definition of scope of work with engineering disciplines to ensure that technical specifications etc are received in good time and satisfactory format for tender purposes and participate in pre-tender and / or tender evaluation meetings and prepare notes of meeting when required
- Distribute relevant parts of tenders and expedite comments from other disciplines, coordinate the commercial and technical evaluation of tenders and prepare tender report and bid summary form for management approval
- Monitor administration of contracts (ie processing of payment certificates, price variation summaries etc) and ensure the satisfactory operation of procedures and ensure compliance by the parties of all contractual obligations stipulated in the Subcontract including subcontractor deliverables
- Carry out continuous analysis of schedule, identify trends, issues and risks to the project and carry out analysis and provide recommendations relating to basic contract changes and claims and participate in any commercial negotiation for claim settlements or dispute resolution proceedings offer appropriate mitigation
- Ensure that contractor’s bonds and insurances are in force, prepare and execute amendments to contracts as necessary and work closely with Contract Sponsors / stakeholders to ensure contracting processes are implemented to meet business requirements
- Ensure that all records and registers are maintained and continually updated and perform archiving of documents
- Ensure that all contractual processes and decisions are in accordance with requirements, are transparent and supported by appropriate documentation, review and agree subcontractors' final account submissions and evaluate contractors payment applications and issuance of Payment Certificate
- When required assist estimators during initial design phase by collecting and providing data on construction costs, etc and prepare and / or review bills of quantities and preambles, and other pricing schedules as applicable
- Comply with code of business conduct and ethics, corporate policies and procedures, work practices
Wood is currently recruiting for an Office Manager for PMC HAOR Modernisation Project in Baku Azerbaijan, for a duration of three years.
The Office Manager will have the following key duties:
- Collaborate with an atmosphere of fun and encouragement; identify ways in which administrative employees can better serve the company and clients
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes
- Support all functional and operational departments
- Collaborate with employees as necessary on special project
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate other business operations
- Manage schedules and deadlines
- Organize and supervise other office activities (schedule meetings, event planning etc.)
- Keep abreast with all organizational changes and business developments
- Cross train within the business in order to back up when necessary
Wood is currently recruiting for a Junior Office Manager for PMC HAOR Modernisation Project in Baku Azerbaijan, for a duration of three years.
The Junior Office Manager will have the following key duties:
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the Office Manager to insure the efficient operation of the project field office
- Work cooperatively with project supervisors and managers and provide administrative support
- Communicate effectively with supervision and employees
- Assist when necessary to prepare payroll, accounts payable, reconciliations, back charges and field invoices
- Assist the Office Manager with overflow work
- Perform basic clerical tasks
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality for the project
- Greet and direct all employees, visitors/guests for the purpose of providing information, taking messages, and/or directing to appropriate personnel
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the project field office
Wood is currently recruiting for an experienced HR Business Partner for SOCAR PMC HAOR Modernisation Project in Baku Azerbaijan, for a duration of two years.
The HR Business Partner will have the following key duties:
- Lead recruitment, selection and induction processes ensuring best practice & company policy are applied in order that the required competence is attracted and retained within the business
- Manage, influence and lead headcount, resource and forecasting activities within project and function through close liaison with the recruitment team in order to support the business to deliver on manpower requirements
- Ensure the needs of the Client are fully recognised and personnel movements and changes in the business are known
- Support the projects and functions with effective succession planning through robust regular reviews of personnel in key positions and through effective communication across the HR operations team and across the business operations in order that Wood can retain and develop personnel to meet business requirements
- Take responsibility for leading and assisting management to review the performance of their project team and function and to take effective, timely actions to deal with issues identified
- Support management to realise the potential in their team or take appropriate steps to address performance issues
- Drive termination and redundancy situations via effective manpower planning working closely with the project and functions
- Lead this process in line with best practice and legislation in order to effectively manage personnel while supporting line management and recognising business needs
- Lead and influence manpower planning and down man activities through close liaison with the recruitment team in line with best practice and legislation in order to minimise potential redundancy and notice costs
- Maximise cost efficiency and skill retention for the business while redeploying key personnel
- Facilitate effective and timely engagement of all new personnel into the business and through transfers onto new projects through the promotion and implementation of effective open and honest two-way communication in order that client and business requirements are satisfied through value adding delivery and effective induction
- Maintain knowledge of identified talent pools in the projects / contracts / functions of responsibility and ensure that the HR team and contact details are recognised
- Initiate and facilitate the correct use of occupational health and absence management ensuring best practice and company policy are adhered to with the intention of minimising absenteeism via effective integrated case management by HR and relevant line management
- Develop, lead and support HR team in ensuring good employee relations through active engagement of employee representatives, trade unions, employees and contractors
- Advise on rating, comments, and development activities Lead and facilitate interim review or changes to terms and conditions in a timely manner while supporting and encouraging managers to consider value added by their teams
- Make good use of information available to advise on appropriate terms and conditions in line with performance and market conditions in order to support business development as well as individual growth
- Provide proactive solutions and decision making in conjunction with operational requirements and in line with best practice to support decision making in line with business requirements
- Lead and support business integration of competence assurance systems and work with project to achieve a safe and competent workforce which is fit for purpose
- Provide pragmatic advice and support to the business to have meaningful conversations relating to all aspects of generalist HR including redundancy, grievance and discipline investigations, hearings and appeals
- Ensure risk to the business is minimised to satisfy appropriate legislation and business requirements whilst recognising best practice and ensuring consistency across the business
- Provide liaison role between the project and functions in region as well as across the global HR and business network
- Participate fully as a member of the leadership team of those projects, departments, or functions for which responsible
- Challenge activities and behaviours in a constructive manner while supporting colleagues and managers to get the best delivery and flexibility from their teams in order to meet business requirements
- Support the business in the management of change while maintaining effective operational delivery
- Provide guidance and support to HR support teams to ensure all HR systems are accurately updated and maintained so that there is a constant input and update of information
Purpose of the role:
- Provide an integrated HR service aligned to achieving business objectives while effectively representing the HR function and Wood values
- Areas of responsibility will extend across Azerbaijan
- Pro-actively contribute to and support the business unit and HR function, as an integral member of each, in the achievement of objectives linked to business strategy, growth and development
- Provide an operational hand on business focused service to the business with a drive to make results happen in a timely fashion
Wood is currently looking for a Project Manager to work initially in Staines and then transition to work in Kazakhstan. This represents an excellent opportunity for individuals interested to work in Kazakhstan, with assignment expected to be for at least two year’s duration with the opportunity of further extension for the right candidate.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accountable for the successful completion of the entire Wood scope of work. The PM will be responsible for all contract and commercial activities and will be the main interface with clients Project Management Team. The PM will direct the Wood team in areas of deliverables, logistics and support
- Responsible for the development of fit for purpose project execution plans, schedules, TIC estimates, CTRs and master deliverable lists
- Responsible for the delivery of the project through pro-active involvement and issue resolution, through all aspects of projects: Engineering, Procurement and support to Fabrication, Construction, Commissioning and Close Out
- Responsibility for overseeing the planning, organising, coordination and control of an engineering and procurement project in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems and requirements approved by the company
- Ensure that plans and histogram reflect current and future work load and that this is clear communicated to allow staffing levels to be set
- Actively participate in all aspects of the “Resource Mobilisation”
- Ensure that regular project progress meetings are carried out and that any required actions are properly assigned and closed out in a timely manner
- Ensure management reporting is clear, concise timely and accurate
- Managing client relations and clearly communicating any concerns or issues that may arise on either side
- Chair/attend regular communications and progress meetings with client
- Engaging with the client and stakeholders to ensure project objectives are fully understood and clients and Wood's expectations are met
- Lead the management of change and ensure that any variation is properly captured, discuss with the client and prepare and issue Change Flags and Project Change Notices to the client when required
- Manage and monitor project budgets and ensure financial responsibility across projects
- Ensure the delivery of vendor scopes, fabrications, service orders, and procured items to meet the required implementation schedule
- Manage, develop and mentor a team of National project engineers
- Ensure Regulatory Approvals are managed correctly and meet with the clients expectations
- Ensure all project engineering activities are carried out in a manner consistent with core values
Wood is currently recruiting for a Instrument Engineer. He is responsible for the design and approval of all instrument works on the area assigned to him, and ensure all instrument engineering works are completed in accordance with the approved project schedule and within allocated man-hours.
- Review and comment PFD / P&ID for any control / interlock / safety related representations. Ensure that all comments are consistent and are included in the drawings according to the applicable procedure
- Participate in HAZOP / SIL review meeting. Implement safety instrument design as per HAZOP / SIL review reports, performing the calculation of SIL definitions and preparing safety requirement specifications
- Update P&ID and instrument structure design for the SIL requirements
- Prepare / review / develop specifications of DCS / SIS / F&G systems and any other PLC related systems
- Prepare the control system requirement for package units, support package specialists for MR, technical clarification and bid evaluations, document review and approval. Coordinate the interfaces between package unit control system and plant control systems
- Review and approve vendor documents for incorporation into the design and co-ordination with other disciplines. Provide the input to other disciplines, such as electrical consumption for electrical power supply design, heat dissipation for ACMV design, weight and dimension for civil / architecture design
- Prepare cause & effect matrix, logic diagrams, control narratives and safety narratives, any other necessary control & ESD system related documents for the system configurations
- Perform the calculation of SIL verifications and revise the instrument design structures where required
- Review and check the all the activities and documents required for the lifecycles of the safety instrumented system. Review and approve suppliers’ hardware and software configuration
- Design of control room layout
- Instruct and advise instrument design team for the control system hardware and cabling installation design, system cabinet earthing and grounding design
- Prepare instrument bill of quantity and subcontractor requisition for control system hardware installation work
- Review / comment / approve supplier’s test procedures; attend FAT / SAT and follow up with any punch list. Prepare functional test procedures for loop testing when requested by client
- Require extensive and independent contact with clients, vendor’s representatives and project field personnel. Attend and participate in coordination meetings required
- Direct and / or participate in job site visits to collect or deliver design and engineering data
Wood has an opportunity for a Senior Instrument Designer. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Instrument and Control Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- Input the required design data into instrument index as per the defined structure and format
- Design and layout of instrumentation systems
- Prepare cable schedules
- Prepare loop diagrams
- Prepare junction box termination drawings
- Prepare electrical power supply system for field instruments
- Cable tray routing drawings
- 3D PDS Modelling for cable trays, junction boxes and panels
- Prepare instrument installation hook-up drawings
- Preparation of MTOs
Wood is currently recruiting for a Permit to Work Coordinator with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. This role is based in the North West on a staff fixed term basis for 10 Months. The role will initially be office based, then on site for 8 months
Duties and Resposibilities
- The Permit to Work Coordinator will be responsible for the safe control of work activities in accordance with these procedures, including the issuing of all permits.
- Process/ electrical hazards and controls have been identified for that task
- Ensure that the appropriate level of risk assessment has been carried out for the task (RAMS)
- Ensure that all the appropriate control measures have been put in place prior to allowing a PTW to go live
- Ensure that all documentation associated with the PTW is attached; including but not limited to: Isolation Control Certificates, marked up drawings or P&IDs, Task Risk Assessment, COSHH Manual Handling Certificate and electrical safety documents (Electrical Permit to Work, Sanction for Test, Limitation of Access)
- Approval of isolation design, control of isolation implementation and ensuring that the isolation is in place prior to allowing an associated PTW to go live. In addition, ensuring that the isolation is properly removed on completion of the PTW
- Ensuring that worksite inspections are carried out before, during and after the completion of each task (some of this may be delegated)
- Ensuring that adequate handovers take place at shift change
- Validate lessons and audits
- Be the site focal point for the PTW system. To advise and train other Client and Contractor Personnel on the site to ensure a greater awareness and safer operation of the system
- Manage the PTW system and keep all data in such a state that it accurately reflects the work state of the site
- Manage the Paper-based system
Wood is currently recruiting for a Construction Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. This role is based in the North West on a staff fixed term basis for 10 Months. The role will initially be office based, then on site for 8 months
Duties and Resposibilities
Work with the Project Leads by providing constructability details, thus influencing the project design.
Accountable for the safe and timely preparation and execution of project work scope, in adherence with project HSEQ safety targets, procedures and practices.
Accountable for ensuring each project is carried out in accordance with project schedules and budget.
Identify and mitigate any construction risks associated with each project.
- To play an active role in ensuring that all project HSE goals are achieved and where possible exceeded.
- To execute the safe completion of a portfolio of projects in line with the TA schedule and milestones in a consistent and timely manner.
- To assist in the estimating of each project budget.
- To ensure that each project scope is challenged, designed
- Supervise the safe completion of the project work-scope.
- Supervise and support the project design team.
- Provide multi-discipline input into the project design phase.
- Provide multi-discipline input to the project plans and schedules
- Review/advise and supervise the design and installation of minor temporary commissioning systems / supplies
- Ensure all activities adhere to all applicable site / project safety procedures and practices.
- Actively participate in all company and project safety initiatives.
- Liaise with the project engineering office to ensure that the applicable fabrication drawings are produced in line with milestone plan requirements.
- Monitor and report progress on a regular basis through each phase of the project
- Identify all Supply Chain requirements to successfully complete each project.
- Lead Major Job reviews and Job Safety Analysis where required.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Be able to carry out Fitness for service assessment to API 579 level 1, 2. Be able to propose the remedial plans, actions.
- Good knowledge of pressure vessel design codes such as ASME Sec. VIII div. I, PD 5500, TEMA.
- Good knowledge of flange joint assemblies, hub joints.
- Working knowledge of Mechanical Equipment such as Flexible hoses, valves.
- Knowledge of repair methods for valves, damaged flange faces, pressure vessels and piping.
- Be able to act as a job responsible Mechanical Engineer for multiple projects.
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Planning Engineer.
- Work within the standard planning / scheduling procedures. Ensure that these procedures fulfil client requirements and develop additional project specific procedures where necessary
- Prepare activity plans to accomplish all work required by the procedures and to ensure that sufficient planning resources are provided
- Liaise with Client Project Control personnel as necessary
- Ensure that all involved parties participate in preparation of items described above and that they agree to their respective elements and approve documents where necessary
- Produce current physical progress reports and final job statistics
- Prepare and issue project action reports to Project Manager / Project Control Manager
- Maintain accurate schedule and control curves in an updated condition
- Provide outstanding deliverables list with expediting engineering team
- Analyze schedule trends and produce regular forecasts of schedule performance and issues for project review
- Maintain awareness and understanding of relevant systems operated by other departments
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Technical Safety Engineer with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
This position will report directly to Lead / Principal Technical Safety Engineer.
This is office based live-in position (not rotational method) with normal working hours.
At this time, applications from Russian citizens only will be considered.
For applying to this position please send your CV on the e-mail: Sakhalin.Recruitment@woodplc.com.
Other ways of applications will not be considered.
- To provide discipline specific technical expertise at a technical authority level, in support of the Sakhalin II Projects.
- To ensure that all project risks affecting start up requirements are identified, assessed and mitigated against and closed through achieving ALARP risk levels.
- Responsible for design, specification and services related to Tech Safety Engineering.
- Independently applies advanced engineering techniques, makes decisions on engineering problems and methods, and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions or to negotiate with key engineers and officials of other organizations.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced engineers and is consulted extensively by associates and others with a high degree of reliance placed on scientific interpretations and advice.
- Job role is responsible for a measurable asset such as an assigned staff and budget. Skills are typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in Engineering and a minimum of 8+ years related experience.
- At this level, individuals will have demonstrated creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving engineering problems efficiently and economically.
- Requires the use of advanced techniques and modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of the field and related disciplines. May have contributed inventions, patents, and new designs or techniques which are regarded as major advances, or which significantly reduce professional services hours on projects. Also may be responsible for leadership of a functional area on a small to medium project or a segment of a larger project.
- As a Senior, must be able to develop plans, control budgets, organizes, coordinates and controls the project. Incumbents at this level will usually hold a certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer.
- To provide discipline Conceptual, Front End and Detailed Design input to Brownfield engineering projects, technical support studies as requested, engineering support to the construction / commissioning phases as necessary and providing engineering support to maintenance and operations as requested.
- Carry-out Engineering activities within the Tech. Safety Department and day-to-day issues in a major, schedule driven, modification project, while attending to the technical and planning issues necessary for timely completion in accordance with overall integrated construction/commissioning schedule
- Provide discipline expertise during trouble shooting in project commissioning phases.
- Carry-out (CTR) estimates.
- Develop project risk registers defining key risks to start-up of the overall project and its constituent projects.
- Develop verification requirements to determine the probability of risk occurrence.
- Review results of verifications and advise on required mitigations to overcome foreseen risks to project start-up.
- Define requirements for and participate in assurance activities to assess effectiveness in closure of risks
- Adjudicate in decision making for mitigation.
- Responsible of the provision of Tech. Safety Engineering services in support of project scope of work delivery.
- Ensuring that the work is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the current releases of any company/client or statutory design, codes, standards or procedures.
- Input to Scope of Work and Basis of Design.
Wood is currently recruiting for E&I Construction Workpack Engineer with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
This position will report directly to Construction Manager.
This is office based live-in position (not rotational method) with normal working hours.
At this time, applications from Russian citizens only will be considered.
For applying to this position please send your CV on the e-mail: Sakhalin.Recruitment@woodplc.com.
Other ways of applications will not be considered.
- For providing Electrical & I Instrument (E&I) Construction Support to the SEIC TSS Contract.
- Compilation of job cards / workpacks.
- Input to test workpacks where applicable.
- HSE input to construction workpacks.
- Provide constructability input into engineering design where appropriate.
- Liaison with offshore surveyors to obtain information and to co-ordinate survey requests.
- Support the interface with SEIC Construction.
- Actively train and encourage the development of Junior Russian staff to fulfil construction engineer roles.
- Provision of construction input to workpacks to ensure a quality deliverable is produced.
- Assure constructability aspects of design.