Wood Mining & Minerals business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of the world’s leading mining companies and is executing world - class projects on five continents
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Resource Geologist. Reporting to the Consulting Manager, Canada, this position is located in Wood’s offices in Bryanston. This role has responsibility for geological models, resource and reserve estimates and preparation of technical reports for various complex projects throughout Africa, Europe and the Middle East. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast - paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Execute and provide guidance to our resource geologists and engineers in the matters of resource estimation; including, geological modeling, geostatistics, model validation, mineral resource classification and resource risks and opportunities
- Perform geological and mineral resource / reserves reviews audits and due diligence assessments to maximize value for our clients
- Ensure compliance of resource estimates with international professional standards and government regulations for public disclosures by working with Wood Technical Directors and regulatory compliance specialists
- Train and mentor of staff in Resource Estimation Methodology
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of high-quality staff in order to grow and expand the technical capabilities of the group
- Active supporting business development activities through participation in conferences, direct business development activities and strategic client relationship management
Wood serves many of the world leaders in the mining industry. The company maintains mining offices across Canada, the USA and Australia, as well as in Santiago, Chile; Lima, Peru; Johannesburg, South Africa; and London, England.
Wood currently has a senior leadership opportunity for a Principal Mining Engineer in the WOOD EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) office in Bryanston. Reporting to the Vice President, Global Mining Consulting and working closely with the Consulting Manager – Mining & Minerals, based in London, this position has overall responsibility to manage the growth of the African Geology and Mining Consulting Group. This position requires strong technical, managerial and business leadership skills. We expect that the successful candidate will maintain and expand our reputation of a high - quality service provider. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast - paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Providing technical leadership for a diverse mining engineering team ranging from junior to principal level staff
- Ability to secure consulting work for the Wood EMEA office by establishing and maintaining client relationships and developing business leads and work opportunities
- Soliciting work and preparing proposals and bids for all levels of study and engineering projects
- Supporting continuous development of company cost and design databases
- Collaborating with other consulting management, Technical Directors and the VP, Global Consulting in allocating technical resources to company projects
- Managing a local budget
- Providing specialist technical input, leadership and management on multi - disciplinary studies and projects including as mining lead on consulting studies
- Act as senior peer review on consulting studies performed by others
- Ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget and in accordance with Wood standards
- Managing interactions between consulting, engineering and client teams
- Assisting in the identification and recruitment of high - quality staff in order to grow and expand the technical capabilities of the group
- Ensuring professional development of technical and administrative staff
- Ensuring superior performance on projects through the appropriate assignment of technical staff and personal participation in projects
- Actively supporting business development activities through participation in conferences, direct business development activities and strategic client relationship management
- Ensuring quality in Wood consulting products by enforcement of a peer review policy and involvement of senior specialists as project advisors
- Ensuring compliance with company health and safety policies, project management and commercial procedures
Wood has an opportunity for a Civil & Structural Designer. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Civil & Structural (C&S) Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- Reporting to the Lead or Area Designer, the main functions of the role will be to ensure all drafting activities to be completed within budgeted manhours
- The proactive coordination with the supervisors in order to be fully aware of latest applicable codes, standards etc and keeping assigned Drafting persons informed
- Ensuring that the drafting activities are carried out within the established time schedule and within allocated budget of manhours
- Regular Co-ordination with the assigned Drafting Team to ensure uniformity in design and drafting activities
- The checking of drawings against basis and mark-ups before issuance to the supervisors for further quality checking
- Submitting the drawings to the supervisors for checking before issue
- Coordinating of 3D modelling activities of the team and with other lead discipline designers to maintain the clash free model
Wood is currently looking to hire an Senior Electrical Designer for operations based in Singapore. You will be responsible for the execution of project work in accordance with company procedures within the man-hour and cost budgets.
- Prepare and check Electrical Design deliverables such as single line diagrams, schematics, design calculations, and layouts
- Perform 3D modeling of equipment and raceways
- Perform site surveys and define / execute modifications to existing facilities on brownfield projects
- Prepare material take-offs
- Review supplier documents and ensure appropriate interface with supplier packages
- Support Construction and field engineering
- Prepare as-built drawings
- Coordinate closely with other design groups as well as client personnel as required
- Review drawings and document issued by other engineering groups
- Populate and maintain Electrical Database
- Mentor junior colleagues and lead assigned teams
- Assist Lead Engineer in other project tasks
- Assist discipline manager as required
Wood is currently recruiting for a Instrument Engineer with 2 to 3 years experience. He is responsible for the design of all instrument works on the area assigned to him, and ensure all instrument engineering works are completed in accordance with the approved project schedule and within allocated man-hours.
- Review and comment PFD / P&ID for any control / interlock / safety related representations. Ensure that all comments are consistent and are included in the drawings according to the applicable procedure
- Participate in HAZOP / SIL review meeting. Implement safety instrument design as per HAZOP / SIL review reports, performing the calculation of SIL definitions and preparing safety requirement specifications
- Update P&ID and instrument structure design for the SIL requirements
- Prepare / review / develop specifications of DCS / SIS / F&G systems and any other PLC related systems
- Prepare the control system requirement for package units, support package specialists for MR, technical clarification and bid evaluations, document review and approval. Coordinate the interfaces between package unit control system and plant control systems
- Review and approve vendor documents for incorporation into the design and co-ordination with other disciplines. Provide the input to other disciplines, such as electrical consumption for electrical power supply design, heat dissipation for ACMV design, weight and dimension for civil / architecture design
- Review cause & effect matrix, logic diagrams, control narratives and safety narratives, any other necessary control & ESD system related documents for the system configurations
- Perform the calculation of SIL verifications and revise the instrument design structures where required
- Review and check the all the activities and documents required for the lifecycles of the safety instrumented system. Review and approve suppliers’ hardware and software configuration
- Design of control room layout
- Instruct and advise instrument design team for the control system hardware and cabling installation design, system cabinet earthing and grounding design
- Prepare instrument bill of quantity and subcontractor requisition for control system hardware installation work
- Review / comment / approve supplier’s test procedures; attend FAT / SAT and follow up with any punch list. Prepare functional test procedures for loop testing when requested by client
- Require extensive and independent contact with clients, vendor’s representatives and project field personnel. Attend and participate in coordination meetings required
- Direct and / or participate in job site visits to collect or deliver design and engineering data
Wood has an opportunity for a Piping Engineer There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market As a result of this, Piping Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool
- Execution of assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures, standards.
- Ensuring adequate flow of information within Piping and other disciplines to ensure uniformity in design and drafting activities.
- Reviewing with other Discipline Leaders for all the needs and technical aspect which can affect the schedule of the project.
- Reviewing with the Project Engineering Manager /Area Project Engineers all the needs and technical aspects which can affect the schedule of the project.
- Filing drawings and documents according to FWAPAC discipline technical work practices / the instructions of superior for the assigned project.
- Observing the ethic of confidentiality on technologies licensed by Clients or Third Parties.
- Liaise with the Project Engineer regarding the interpretation of Client's Specifications and Standards.
- Overall operation of the Piping Specialists/Area Piping design activities and the high quality and timely completion of their work within the established work hour budgets for the assigned project.
- Ensuring engineering and design quality, technical accuracy of drawings, material quantities, specifications, procedures, etc. produced within the piping disciplines assigned to him.
- Ensure adequate manpower resources and their technical competences are available for his assigned area.
- Advise the Discipline Head of manpower requirements to meet work schedules within the budget allocation.
- Preparing, Reviewing, Issuing and follow up of all Piping Deliverables up to the issue for construction.
- Approving all Piping deliverables produced with in the Piping team, prior to initial and Construction Release.
- Reviewing, issuing and follow-up the comments, within his term of reference, on all drawings/documents related to other discipline which may be affected by piping activities.
- Update Progress as per project schedule , provide input for monthly progress reports and drawing indices to Project Control.
- Review requests for changes and if outside the scope of work, submit to Lead Piping Engineer / Project Engineering Manager an estimate of man-hours, material, and any impact to schedule.
- Ensure that the 3D model represents satisfactory design practice and participate FW internal and Client Model reviews.
- Review and approve project procedures, specifications, material requisitions, technical bid summaries, stress calculation reports when required.
- Prepare the engineering butt lists relevant to piping disciplines for all remaining activities to be performed towards the end of the project
- Good Knowledge and experience in Piping Material Engineering and Stress Analysis
- Piping lead and layout experience will be advantageous
Wood has an opportunity for an experienced Senior Static Equipment Engineer that has previous experience of working across Feasibility Studies and FEEDs, plus EPC and PMC projects. This is an opportunity for you to become a valuable, well-rounded of an experienced team.
- Execute Static Equipment Group work scope in accordance with applicable Project Procedures and Standards.
- Preparation of Datasheets, Material requisitions for the defined static equipment.
- Review of Vendor’s quotations, prepare Technical bid Evaluations and recommend the final technically acceptable Vendor.
- Review of Vendor Drawings and Documentation as per relevant Technical Practices.
- Coordinate with inter-discipline staff on all technical issues to arrive at appropriate resolution.
- Correspond with the Vendor on technical matters and ensure that action is taken where necessary.
Wood has an opportunity for a Project Engineer. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Project Engineering Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- Coordinate & Manage Model Reviews, issuance and closure of Clash reports, Site Surveys as appropriate
- Be familiar with the engineering budget for the project
- Buy into and agree the Project schedule for effectively managing the progress against schedule, and suggest / agree remedial action where necessary with the Lead Discipline Engineers
- Know and understand schedule milestones. Be aware of any bonuses and penalties on milestones. Understand what engineering have to contribute to successfully achieve milestones. Manage the Lead Discipline Engineers to achieve the milestones
- Understand constructability issues and ensure these are reflected in the design
- Require engineering work to be executed in accordance with applicable procedures, specifications and standards, including FW health, safety, environmental and quality procedures
- Ensure that the change flags are raised by the respective disciplines to the PEM/PM
- Prepare the miscellaneous documents (e.g. construction contract requisitions,) in accordance with guidelines provided by the PEM / Manager – Project Engineering
- Follow up with Lead Engineers for adequate and appropriate population of the DMS for accurate progress updating as required
- Appraise the Project Engineering Manager / Project Manager of any aspects of the project that prevent compliance with this job description and seek their help in resolving these issues
Wood has an opportunity for a Rotating Equipment Engineer. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Machinery Equipment Engineering Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- Reporting to the Project Engineering Manager, the main functions of the role will be to prepare mechanical datasheets, ensuring work is done in accordance to procedures, codes and standards
- Prepare Equipment mechanical Datasheets
- Execution of assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures, codes and standards
- Perform activities such as – issue of Material Requisitions and Technical Bid
- Review Vendor Drawings and Documentation as per relevant Technical Practices
Amec has an opportunity for Construction Engineer.
- Accountable for accurate and consistent preparation and execution of the project mechanical work scope, installation and testing. Adhere to the selected erection sequence in accordance with the project schedule. Prepare electrical and instrumentation work packs
- Liaise with the design team to ensure constructability input is built into the design and that the detail design is installation friendly and in line with the construction priorities
- Play an active role in ensuring that all project HSE goals are achieved and where possible exceeded. Ensure all work is carried out in a safe and productive manner in line with Company and Client processes and procedures
- Process safe completion of designated sub systems and systems in line with the project schedule and milestones in a consistent and timely manner. Assist in maintenance of the project budget through diligence and utilization of efficient and working practices
- Be conversant with HS&E plan and implement the HS&E procedures ensuring the health and safety of personnel
- Assess effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personnel and team performances
- Ensure that constructability is inherent within the design by being involved at the early stage of work scope and work pack compilation / development in accordance with company and project policies and procedures
- Prepare work packs including TRA’s, JMS, materials, Peer reviews, HAZID’s, Envid’s, COSHH, testing requirement, specialist tools and equipment, also identify specialists / vendors to perform identified tasks
- Develop certification matrix with design team prior to work pack issue. Develop work scope estimates and register changes with supporting documentation
- Compile, review and develop work packs in accordance with the implementation process, associated standards, specifications and procedures
- Ensure contents of work packs meet with scope requirements. Raise and obtain approval for growth job cards. Ensure logic of work is updated on the plan and supporting systems
- Conduct offshore surveys with design team. Address installation queries and revert with solutions
- Monitor design delivery dates. Monitor and report on work pack progress. Monitor ongoing activities with regards to completion dates. Monitor punch - list closeouts after handover
- Check completed work packs prior to handover, raise punch lists if appropriate. Manage / action accordingly. Review completion certification and ‘as - build’ drawings
- Identify resource requirements / materials / tools / spares / consumables / etc. Actively participate in all Company and Project Safety Initiatives. Attend meetings, (e.g. Kick - off and daily / weekly)
Due to significant project growth, Wood is currently looking for a Project Delivery Manager to strengthen our team in Dubai. The objective of the role is to provide our customer with an excellent service, by delivering our targets and contractual obligations. This will be achieved by strong leadership in all aspects of Project Delivery, resulting in positive customer feedback and satisfaction. The Project Delivery Manager will have the ability to proactively anticipate performance to ensure Wood react prior to need.
- Delivery of Project Performance with respect to Schedule and Cost
- Leadership in HSSE and Quality in Delivery
- Administration of the Contact
- Driving a culture of zero defects
- Strict Compliance with Project Procedures
- Effective Relationship Management with the Customer
- Effective Team building and Maintenance
- Effective Change Management by ensuring that variation requests, contract amendment requests and claims are submitted in accordance with contract requirements
- Accurate and timely Internal and External Reporting across the project
- Input and Maintenance of the Main Volume of the project execution plan to include definition on project objectives and strategies, work scope, risk and opportunities, overall work plan and schedule, financial plan, quality and safety requirements
- Ownership of key activities and deliverables to include Accuracy of Integrated Schedule, High Quality Product, All aspects of Work Share, Change Management, Risk Register and Risk Action Plans for the Project Delivery team
- Development of recovery plans where required to ensure Wood maintain required progress and deliver the required productivity
- Input into key Project Documents and reports including General input to all volumes of Project Management Plan, Review and input to Contract Documents, Project, Health, Safety and Environmental Plans and Progress Reports to the customer
- Review of relevant Project documents at least monthly
- Inspection and Expediting reports, Cost Reports and End of Life Forecast
- Ensure Roles and Responsibilities are clear and signed off for direct Reports and ensure that Project Objectives are clearly communicated
- Maintenance of the Delivery Team morale and enthusiasm, by close contact with team members and Weekly team Meetings
- Implement Lessons Learned
- Work collaboratively with the functions to ensure that the support required for Delivery is provided
- The monitoring and control of project performance against budget, schedule, and quality and safety requirements using appropriate control tools
- Preparation of regular project progress, dashboards and input into cost reports
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment
- Ensuring that appropriate competency assessment, training and development is provided for personnel
- Ensuring that projects operate in accordance with Wood policies and procedures
Wood is currently recruiting for Iraq Driving Safety Officer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Candidate must be able to work on daily basis in Basra, Iraq.
- To follow-up on any transportation safety issues and assists in RTA investigation process requirements such as collecting evidence, witness statements photos etc.
- To monitor the fleet compliance with speed limits on In Vehicle Management System (IVMS) on daily bases.
- Issue weekly and monthly reports to corporate HSSEA team
- Identify any driving trends positive or negative
- Implement a recognition programme for excellent driving
- To monitor Wood’s transportation contractors compliance with Wood policies and procedures
- To conduct checklist-inspections on Wood’s transportation contractors vehicles and identify any deficiencies in safety equipment and requirements.
- To conduct Level 3 audits on Wood’s transportation contractors.
- To hold regular meetings with drivers.
- To develop campaigns and organise traffic education courses for drivers.
- To lead the onsite monthly drivers meeting along with transportation providers JMC’s tame meeting minutes, identify and track improvement actions.
- To provide an advisory support to Wood’s transportation contractors.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Piping Stress Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Carrying out various pipe stress analysis and support design activities as identified in the Functional Competencies as necessary for preparation, development and issue of deliverables on their appointed project/s.
- Signing and checking of analysis reports, calculations, datasheets etc. in accordance with correct procedures.
- Ensuring engineering and design quality, technical accuracy of analysis and reports, calculations, support design etc.
- Execution of assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures and client and projects standards.
- Adhering to FW engineering procedures for design safety and adopting safe attitudes towards engineering design and raising features affecting the safety and integrity of the project with appropriate authorities.
- Correct implementation of analysis software for input and output data on their appointed project/s.
Wood are currently recruiting for a Lead Facilities Development Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. The successful candidate will be responsible for project evaluation and selection including opportunity assessment, concept selection, brownfield verification deliverables, ensuring project technical and execution plans meet the project objectives and strategies.
This position will be initially based in Dubai, UAE for the first 2 - 3 months for project / team familirazation and whilst we obtain your employment visa to go to Iraq to be based there full time on a 5 weeks on 3 weeks off rotation.
- Lead development deliverables to advance opportunities and handover to project team (incl. hands on deliverables development leveraging support from local national engineers and engineering contractor as required)
- Comply with Management Project System requirements and expectations
- Coordinate opportunity assessment and develop / lead disciplined and objective concept selection, documentation and approval
- Coordinate brownfield verification plans, execution and documentation incl. integrating results into technical and execution plans
- Coordinate project reviews incl. lessons learned, operability, constructability and ensure findings are resolved and incorporated into technical and execution plans
- Develop cost and schedule estimates as part of concept selection evaluation
- Coordinate reviews of drawings, calculations, specifications or results of studies, designs developed by engineering contractor
- Identify and manage overall project issues to resolution, interfacing with various project functions
- Champion project prioritization process and ensure early alignment on execution ownership and execution vehicle for each opportunity
- Capture and communicate lessons learned
- Coordinate handover of all deliverables to post Project Manager
- Support interface coordination with 3rd party projects integrating facilities
- Mentoring and development of local national engineers:
- Mentor and train local national engineers
- Recommend training and personnel development plans for local national engineers
- Provide learning sessions to facilitate knowledge transfer (e.g. lunch and learn sessions)
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Control Lead with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Review of rebaseline schedule and the Basis of the schedule, its impact to the contract schedule, milestones and interface milestones. Presents to PMC and SOCAR management
- Review rebaseline manhours and CTR package.
- Assist in the contract amendment based on the approved rebaseline schedule and manhour/costs forecast
- Project Controls audit on Package A
- Agreed with Package A the progress measurement tracking tools to be used for the construction work
- Coordinate the review and approval to the Package A updated Home Office Manpower Plan (MPP) based on the agreed rebaseline schedule
Wood is currently looking for a Buyer to work on the engineering and project management services for an Unconventional Gas Development Program in Saudi Arabia. We are committed to managing the program from our Al - Khobar office where the project management team will be based for the duration of the contract.
- Assume the duties of the Principal Procurement Engineer and Principal Buyer as appropriate when so directed
- Comply with, make known to supervised personnel and check their compliance with the following: Procurement Procedures and Work Practices, Project Procurement Execution Plan, Nondisclosure / Secrecy Agreements and Project Supplier List
- Develop contacts with Suppliers' personnel. Maintain the respect of Suppliers and their representatives by adherence to code of conduct and business ethics, corporate policies, procedures and work practices
- Maintain awareness of the materials supply situation including area sources, price levels and current deliveries. Prepare and issue the following as required: Procurement Plans, Solicitation of interest, Nondisclosure agreements, Pre - screen questionnaire and RFQ documents
- Receive bids and arrange formal bid opening where applicable. Maintain a tender control log. Formulate and agree Bid Evaluation Plan
- Distribute, check and carry out commercial evaluation of bids. Prepare quotation summaries, and quotation summary variations and make recommendations. Distribute as required by the Project Procurement Execution Plan
- Prepare and issue Commercial Bid Evaluation Report & Recommendation. Formulate and agree negotiating strategy, if required. Arrange and attend pre - order meetings with Suppliers. Issue notes of meetings in accordance with project distribution matrix
- Prepare and issue purchase orders as per the approved quotation summaries. Maintain a complete data base of all procurement activities in a systematic way for easy tracking
- Keep all relevant parties fully informed of status. Provide post order management. Expedite as required
- Prepare, maintain, and issue Material Progress Reports on a regular basis, which reflect the progress of all purchased equipment & materials
- Maintain good working relationships with suppliers to ensure optimum use of their resources toward meeting our goals
- Obtain all required Supplier drawings, documents, data books and manuals at the required time and in the specified quantities as per the SDI
- Recommend to the Project Procurement Manager any necessary visits to Suppliers to apply pressure to maintain or improve performance. Visit Suppliers' works if instructed
- Liaise with inspection organization to obtain inspection of equipment and materials. Release materials for shipment
- Ensure the correct finalization of orders in accordance with project procurement execution plan. Assist in the settlement of back charges and discrepancies when requested by authorized construction personnel. Participate in audits as and when required
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Instrument & Controls Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Provides technical support to the Operations Team in the delivery of project overhaul campaigns or resolution of key equipment integrity and operational issues.
- Supports the discipline Technical Authority in the maintenance of the Instrument Equipment performance standards, their upkeep and compliance and supports the continual improvement of Maintenance & Integrity reporting functions including Status Reports & associated KPI’s.
- Provide support to the Instrument Technical Authority regarding the competency assurance process for discipline technicians where appropriate.
- Plans and manage overhaul and upgrade campaigns where directed and attend repair facilities for interface and witness activities as appropriate.
- Manages 3rd party Instrument equipment support contracts as delegated by the Instrument Technical Authority.
- Carries out maintenance and spares reviews where required.
- Provides technical support to loss investigations, root cause investigations and action follow up activities where directed.
- Maintains the lifecycle technical integrity of the offshore installations by ensuring appropriate maintenance and integrity strategies, engineering standards, procedures and guidance documents are adhered to in all activities.
- Assesses performance and condition monitoring results, ensuring appropriate follow up.
- Supports the Technical Authority in the assessment of anomalies, deviations from standard and maintenance deferrals, developing risk mitigations and producing technical reports where appropriate.
- Ensures all temporary or permanent modifications are technically assessed, meet appropriate standards and correctly endorsed. Attends factory acceptance tests as required.
- Assesses deviations from standard, material degradation reports and maintenance deferrals, ensuring risk levels are acceptable and endorsing continued operation where appropriate.
- Supports the Technical Authority in management of the long term reliability of equipment through ‘look ahead’ planning, review of the relevant strategic plans and makes recommendations relating to strategic facilities improvements.
- Acts as the key focal point for discipline modifications.
- Provide support to the Technical Authority in the review of design documentation, technical reports and management system documentation where directed.
- Carries out routine maintenance history reviews within Instrument Equipment ensuring forward plans are established for identified equipment performance gaps (KPI’s, history, trends, backlogs etc.).
- Undertakes routine offshore visits, performs safety and technical site audits, etc.
- Participates in incident investigations to determine the root cause, ensures actions resulting from investigations are resolved within the given time frames and that Safety Critical Elements are designed, installed and maintained to ensure that the items are fit for purpose.
- Ensures HSE and IVB audit findings relating to technical integrity are followed-up.
- Acts as the Company Representative in relation to relevant Industry and governing bodies as required and directed.
- Carries out routine offshore visits, performing safety and technical site audits.
- Supports routine Safety Case Updates
- Deputises for Instrument Technical Authority as required and directed.
Wood are looking to recruit a Senior Engineering Systems Manager for its nuclear business. This business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our customers and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our customers andcommitted to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment..
We are looking for someone who has experience in leading the implementation, monitoring and management of engineering systems across projects.and specific experience in any of the following:
- Computer aided engineering (CAE) / CAD Tools
- Data management and handover
- Document Management /Document Control Tools
- Management of the digital twin
- The approach to Engineering Systems across projects
- The Engineering Systems Manager will take responsibility for systems/tools and their outputs
- Keeping the business 'on the pulse' in terms of new development in management systems
- Leading the implementation of new cost saving technologies across the life of the projects.
- Ensuring awareness of relevant engineering technology and enabling its implementation
- Awareness of relevant Legislation, Codes, Standards and Procedures.
- Ensure delivery of specialist courses for technical and project personnel, including self delivery where appropriate.
The role will be Warrington or Knutsford based
Wood is currently recruiting for a Subsea Campaign Project Manager with experience in the oil and gas industry for Equatorial Guinea in West Africa. This will be a 10/3 rotation working 6 days a week.
The Subsea Campaign Project Manager is a temporary assignment within the Asset Integrity Group and is responsible for supporting daily subsea inspection activities offshore and onshore from planning to the execution phase.
- Coordinate internal resources and 3rd party/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Support the company in selecting Subsea Contractor for work execution and set expectations
- Implement pre-planning activities including liaise with the selected vendor for mobilization and demobilization of equipment and personnel
- Visit Subsea Contractor facilities (diving support vessel, remote operated vehicle, driver certifications) and evaluate the capabilities for meeting project deliverable safely, under budget and on time
- Review, check and approve all contracted diving personnel and ROV certifications
- Liaise with the Company representative to review all procedures (ROV, hose and Pipe End Manifold valves replacement and diving inspection) provided by the subsea contractor
- Evaluate the Diving Support Vessel and the ROVs suitability for the scope in hand
- Evaluate divers’ qualifications and suitability to perform the diving work
- Attend project conferences and meeting either remotely or onsite as required to maintain proficiency
- Review documentations (drawings, P&ID, previous subsea campaign reports and history) related to the facilities to be inspected (platforms, subsea pipelines, Berth I and II subsea structures, etc.)
- Material purchase and procurement review with the Company’s representative
- Ensure that adequate level of materials and spare are on board on vessel to maintain efficient and uninterrupted work during hose and PLEM valves change out
- Be On-board the vessel with the Company’s representative during the execution phase of the project
- Direct supervision, monitoring and auditing of contractor activities during the executing underwater diving inspections, ROV inspection and hose and Pipeline Eng Manifold valves change out.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Fulfil any other Company’s specific requirements including but not limited to participation in project meetings, conferences, job site visits, etc.
Wood is currently recruiting a Shutdown Coordinator to manage and deliver the build, execution and close-out of planned Shutdowns / Turnarounds safely and efficiently in line with the Asset business plan whilst ensuring compliance with the organization Shutdown / Turnaround process’s and procedures.
- Conduct Kick off meeting with stakeholders, vendors and job owners clearly communicating the shutdown phases – Select, Define, Plan, Prepare & Execute and key dates and milestones
- Responsible for liaising with all Job Owners, Stakeholders Departments & Functions to collate work for execution during planned asset shutdowns
- Responsible for ensuring the agreed scopes are populated in the Shutdown Activity Register (SDAR) and this accurately reflects the “state of readiness” of the shutdown to the point of execution
- Work closely with the Shutdown Planner holding regular plan review sessions with both On and Offshore representatives to build a Shutdown Plan that is efficiently scheduled and resourced for safe execution
- Organise and chair gate meetings for each shutdown phase publishing scope compliance and risks to the Asset Management to allow critical business decisions to be made about the shutdown readiness
- Populate & maintain the Risk & Opportunity Register & Action Decision Log, as part of the assurance process to ensure stage gate compliance
- Ensure responsibilities & interfaces are understood & documented in the context of the stage gate process
- Agree & ensure document distribution lists are established & maintained
- Produce & issue regular shutdown status reports, specifically at each stage gate and regularly