Click column header to sort
Wood is currently looking for Senior Electrical Engineer to strengthen our team in Basra. The successful candidates must reside in the Basra, there is no rotation associated with this position.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- To carry out electrical engineering activities as directed by the project Lead Electrical Engineer.
- Conduct field surveys, study maps, layouts, diagrams, identify electrical equipment and collect data related to power system installations.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design, specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Direct and coordinate construction, installation, maintenance, and testing & commissioning activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, drawings and customer requirements.
- To produce and review site mark-up, as-built drawings, & documents, specifications, data sheets, schedules, study reports, and design calculations; retrieval of drawings and vendor documents.
- To participate in project safety or design reviews meeting as required.
- To liaise with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff and Installation contractor as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion.
- To provide technical support to site in terms of material inspection, retrofitting, conditioning assessment of electrical equipment, like MV/LV Motors, Transformers, Switchgears, MCC, AC/DC UPS; witness Site Acceptance & Factory Acceptance Testing, etc.
- To liaise and coordinate with other engineering disciplines for right interfacing and installation of electrical equipment.
ood is currently looking for Instrument (PACO) Engineers to strengthen our team in Basra. The successful candidates must reside in the Basra and surrounding areas and there is no rotation associated with this position.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times
- To provide technical assistance, direction, and support to the construction and installation activities for all PACO works
- To provide technical support to the Out-of-Country PACO Engineering team
- To liaise with the Client’s In-Country PACO Team
- To liaise with the Client’s local Operations and Maintenance staff
- To oversee site contractors during installation and commissioning activities
- To accurately interpret Site Survey Scope of Work documents as prepared by the Out-of-Country PACO engineering team
- To perform site survey and data gathering visits to various Client assets as defined in the Site Survey SOW
- To produce a site survey report, inclusive of photographs and sketches, on completion of every site visit and issue to the Out-of-Country PACO engineering team
- Provide input to construction estimates as and when required
- To generate PACO deliverables for In-Country engineering projects
- Review design documents, provide constructability input to designs, and resolve constructability challenges
- Provide Construction Method Statements and input to Engineering as required
- Ensure that Service Orders are raised on Specialist Vendors and that mobilisation dates are scheduled in line with planned dates
- Ensure that Fabrication Purchase Orders are raised in line with scheduled dates
- Ensure that all Materials, Tools and Equipment, including those of Specialist Vendors are mobilised in line with planned dates
- Provide input to Asset Plans as required
- Interface with other coordinators to develop the most economical construction methods and techniques
- Trouble-shooting the design, identifying and resolving issues with engineering and/or fabricator by raising and resolution of Site/Technical Queries
- Liaise with Construction Supervisors on day to day issues
- Completing and reviewing as-built documentation
- To attend daily/weekly progress meetings and generate status reports for the In-country focal point
Wood is currently looking for Piping Engineers to strengthen our team in Basra. The successful candidates must reside in the Basra and surrounding areas and there is no rotation associated with this position.
- Prepare and co-ordinate Piping Engineering deliverables including Site Survey Scope of Work, Site Survey Report, Piping layout Study, Piping Isometric, Piping Tie-in Isometric, Piping material Take-off’s (Valves, Pipes, Fittings and Flanges) and Technical Reports
- Must able to check piping design deliverables including of Piping GA’s, Isometrics and Materials take-off’s
- Compliance with Company procedures and industry, international and Client Codes and standards
- Maintain suitable records of correspondence and work completed for reference and auditing purposes
- To promote safe behaviour at all times
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- To liaise with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion
- To produce and verify piping engineering and design deliverables as and when required
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up
- To provide technical support to site as required
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to Piping engineering and design
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required
- Must be able to work to an agreed scope, budget and schedule
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements
- Operational support / construction and commissioning
Wood is currently recruiting for Instrumentation Designers with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. There is no rotation associated with this position so we are looking for local Iraqi nationals who currently reside in Basra and the surrounding areas.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times
- Maybe required to perform site surveys and data gathering exercises at various project locations
- To provide discipline specific design and drafting services that meet the Project’s, and applicable statutory and regulatory, requirements
- To provide technical support to the site team during design, engineering and construction
- Preparation and checking of all types of Electrical and/or Instrument design deliverables such as Block Diagrams, Schematics, Layout Drawings, Termination Diagrams, Schedules, Loop Diagrams, Hook-up Arrangements, Material Take-Offs etc
- Interdisciplinary check of all Civil / Structural / Piping / Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation drawings
- Review of vendor drawings for Equipment / Package items
- Produce drawings in AutoCAD
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to the discipline
Wood is currently recruiting for Project Engineers with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. There is no rotation associated with this position and as such, we can only consider applications from local Iraqi nationals residing in Basra and surrounding areas.
- Delivery of Assigned Projects Performance with respect to Schedule, Cost, Safety and Quality
- Zero defect tolerance
- Strict adherence to E&PS Project Procedures
- Establishing Work Orders WBS Structure and alignment of proposals and CTR development
- Project delivery to agreed schedule dates
- Weekly dashboards
- Development and execution of Project Execution Plan (Dependent on project Categorization)
- Work Order Proposal inputs and clarifications
- Base line schedule approval
- Work Order Kick Off
- Effective Change Control within work orders
- Risk Management within work orders
- Work Order reporting (including VOWD and Forecast)
- Budget Control of work orders
- Schedule Management
- Relationship Management with client PE and relevant interfaces
- Direct personnel responsible for HSE and quality
- Accurate reporting against active work orders
- Be proactive in safety behaviours and leadership
- Work Order Proposal – development of delivery strategy, WBS and review of the completed CTR’s
- Schedule approval – work with planning team to produce a base line schedule for client approval
- Work Order Kick Off meetings – prepare for and manage the kick off meetings in accordance with project procedures
- Change Management – Ensure any potential changes and variations are managed in a timely manner with the client’s approval and to the approved process
- Risk Management – all associated risk are to be identified, assessed and registered with appropriate mitigation measures identified
- Work Order reporting – on a weekly basis update project dashboards in line with agreed reporting cycle
- Budget Control – ownership of the Work Order budget, check weekly time books & approve, provide monthly and end of contract forecasts to the cost control team
- Schedule Management – maintain ownership of the schedule to track progress and measure performance and implement interventions as and when required
- Risk Management – at commencement of work orders, hold a risk workshop, identify key risks, assess mitigations and register within the risk tracker (SharePoint). During the project, update as risks are identified and monitor as they are either realised or eliminated.
- Subcontractor Identification and Engagement – Agree Sow’s with internal functions and manage subcontractor call off process
- Action Management – all key actions are to be registered, assigned and tracked within the action tracking system (SharePoint)
- Client communication – from the offset of the work order work closely with the client PE to understand their requirements, meeting frequency and communication links to bring a harmonious working relationship
- HSE ownership – from the time a work order proposal is issued the PE has a responsibility to continually assess any action and the HSE implications that an action or inaction may have. Be proactive to eliminate any HSE exposure
- Quality ownership – To ensure that Wood produce a quality product it is the PE’s responsibility to ensure the correct procedures are followed during the estimating, initiation, progression and close out of all work orders (leading indicators). If a poor quality incident does occur the PE has a responsibility to identify and intervene to rectify where possible, but as a minimum it should be registered on the CAIRS reported
- Work order reporting – On a weekly basis a project dashboard is to be produced in readiness for issue to the client. These will comprise as a minimum; progress status, budget status, procurement status (if required), key issues and risks
- All Exception Reports e.g. Planning, Document Control, Subcontracts, Contracts
- Document Registers
- Inspection & Expediting reports
- Man-hour and timesheet reports
- Lead in weekly discipline engineering project progress meeting
- Initiate / participate in lessons learned at appropriate stages during the project life cycle
- Prepare and participate in weekly delivery meeting
- Coordinate between the site requirements and home office
- Participate within the procurement meeting
Wood is currently recruiting for a Cost Analyst with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. There is no rotation associated with this position and as such, we can only consider applications from local Iraqi nationals residing in Basra and surrounding areas.
- Input of/manage input site based personnel timesheets into the electronic database system to meet the weekly contract deadlines
- Check the coding and arithmetical accuracy of hours and data received/input into the system /output from the system/against POB roster
- General administrative support to the In Country PMT
- Typing and setting up documents such as letters/reports
- Maintaining records as required e.g. roster
Wood is currently recruiting for Planners with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. There is no rotation associated with this position and as such, we can only consider applications from local Iraqi nationals residing in Basra and surrounding areas.
- Understand the corporate and contract specific planning procedures and carry out all work in accordance with these
- Study and understand all relevant project documents pertaining to the preparation of plans and schedules
- Work with all relevant project and discipline personnel, pertaining to the preparation of plans and schedules
- Maintain a good working knowledge of relevant scheduling software
- Gather accurate progress and expended man hours information at relevant time intervals
- Prepare all relevant reports and issue in a timely manner
- Verbally and in writing advise project and discipline personnel on impacts, contingencies and generally guide the scopes towards the earliest possible finish
- Supervise junior and assistant personnel, including checking their work.
- Liaise with cost discipline in the control and forecasting of man hour budgets and ensuring that all scopes including change requests are included in the schedules
- Where required assist with and input to the auditing process
Wood is recruiting for a Delivery Assurance Manager on behalf of the client, BSP, to join our team in Brunei. The project will run over a five-year period with a possible two-year extension. Wood has many years of experience in carrying such projects all over the world and it is our intention to bring our world class systems to this project.
The Delivery Assurance Manager for the BSP contract is responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of the project assurance, verification and validation program. This program will be targeted at delivering service excellence within the ‘front-line’ operational areas of the BSP Project. This includes alignment with the Business Unit and Business Grouping assurance arrangements as well as assurance activities required to comply with the BSP contract.
The Delivery Assurance Manager will provide assurance that performance is monitored, risks identified and addressed, and objectives are being achieved
The Delivery Assurance Manager will be working alongside the other members of the BSP contract leadership team to monitor the effectiveness of the business in identifying and managing risks and working with the business to identify, quantify and implement appropriate mitigations and improvements.
The Delivery Assurance Manager will be esponsible for implementing and sharing learnings and best practice internally and externally across Wood in a structured, standard and auditable manner.
The position will also develop, implement and monitor the application of, and compliance with the Group Operations Assurance policy.
Position Specifics / Deliverables
- Develop with senior operations management a risk based BSP contract assurance plan
- Provide clarity and visibility on the status of delivery assurance within the contract
- Actively monitor and report compliance with Wood operations assurance standard through tier 3 operational oversight.
- Identify and assess principal risks for the contract and lead audits and reviews as defined in the project assurance plan
- Lead investigations of high impact technical incidents and serious deviations to standards through the use of an appropriate investigation process, provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Develop and implement leading and lagging project delivery indicators and advise on improvement actions and initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships with the Wood Senior management, Wood’s clients and, where appropriate, external stakeholders e.g. regulator, trade associations
- Maintain a focus on Strategic initiatives and developments / learnings to ensure the transfer of best practice.
- Support and contribute to 3rd party audits
Wood has an opportunity for a Piping Designer. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Piping Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- Report to the Piping Discipline Head, the main functions of the role will be to execute designing and drafting activities
- Execute the assigned design and drafting activities following the instructions given by the Area Piping Engineer in accordance with the quality system in force within the discipline, job requirements, and time schedule
- Develop plot plan and equipment layouts under the supervision and following the instructions of Area Piping Engineer according to the established Technical Work Practices
- Develop 2D Piping General Arrangement Drawings under the supervision and following the instructions of Area Piping Engineer according to the established Technical Work Practices
- Develop 3D model based on the study layouts under the supervision and following the instructions of Area Piping Engineer according to the established Technical Work Practices
- Prepare Isometric sketches for all Stress critical lines with the possible support locations and assist the stress engineer to carry out stress analysis
- Assist, remodel and update the model based on the Internal, Client reviews, latest Supplier information and Isometric checking comments and maintain the clash free model
Wood has an opportunity for a Piping Engineer There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market As a result of this, Piping Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool
- Execution of assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures, standards.
- Ensuring adequate flow of information within Piping and other disciplines to ensure uniformity in design and drafting activities.
- Reviewing with other Discipline Leaders for all the needs and technical aspect which can affect the schedule of the project.
- Reviewing with the Project Engineering Manager /Area Project Engineers all the needs and technical aspects which can affect the schedule of the project.
- Filing drawings and documents according to FWAPAC discipline technical work practices / the instructions of superior for the assigned project.
- Observing the ethic of confidentiality on technologies licensed by Clients or Third Parties.
- Liaise with the Project Engineer regarding the interpretation of Client's Specifications and Standards.
- Overall operation of the Piping Specialists/Area Piping design activities and the high quality and timely completion of their work within the established work hour budgets for the assigned project.
- Ensuring engineering and design quality, technical accuracy of drawings, material quantities, specifications, procedures, etc. produced within the piping disciplines assigned to him.
- Ensure adequate manpower resources and their technical competences are available for his assigned area.
- Advise the Discipline Head of manpower requirements to meet work schedules within the budget allocation.
- Preparing, Reviewing, Issuing and follow up of all Piping Deliverables up to the issue for construction.
- Approving all Piping deliverables produced with in the Piping team, prior to initial and Construction Release.
- Reviewing, issuing and follow-up the comments, within his term of reference, on all drawings/documents related to other discipline which may be affected by piping activities.
- Update Progress as per project schedule , provide input for monthly progress reports and drawing indices to Project Control.
- Review requests for changes and if outside the scope of work, submit to Lead Piping Engineer / Project Engineering Manager an estimate of man-hours, material, and any impact to schedule.
- Ensure that the 3D model represents satisfactory design practice and participate FW internal and Client Model reviews.
- Review and approve project procedures, specifications, material requisitions, technical bid summaries, stress calculation reports when required.
- Prepare the engineering butt lists relevant to piping disciplines for all remaining activities to be performed towards the end of the project
- Good Knowledge and experience in Piping Material Engineering and Stress Analysis
- Piping lead and layout experience will be advantageous
Wood has an opportunity for a Principal Buyer. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Procurement Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the main functions of the role will be to issue Pre-qualification Questionnaire (PQ) to potential new supplies
- Prepare Inquiry Documents, Expedite Suppliers bids
- Prepare Bid Opening and Commercial Bid Tabulation
- Bid Evaluation, Negotiations and Preparation of Final Bid Tab
- Prepare Fax of Order Award and Formal Order Award after approvals
- Expedite Order Acknowledgement and issues change orders
- Preparing supplier performance evaluation and order close out
- Performing all purchasing activity in accordance with the set project purchasing procedure and the purchasing work instructions
Wood is current recruiting Senior Business Development.
- Owns, Further Develops and Maintains Client Database for Malaysian Market
- Meets with Clients on a regular and consistent basis. Client contacts include Plant Personnel, Procurement Personnel and Executive Personnel for assigned respective Clients
- Identifies short and long term Client opportunities, ensuring that the organization is positioned correctly and to the greatest extent possible by selling the organization’s strengths
- Develops a detailed customer plan for all clients including key personnel, outlines of upcoming opportunities and identifies key factors driving customer’s decision processes
- Develops a detailed sales strategy, which is continually updated, on each upcoming opportunity that includes measurable action steps. Each sales strategy should prioritize technical compliance, commercial compliance, schedule and price
- At a minimum, provides bi - weekly updates to Manager including customer contact reports. Works closely with the Manager to ensure that proposal and opportunity information is consistent, accurate and complete
- Has strong and proved customer relations (Home Office and Plant Personnel)
- Understands the Engineering Process including Pre - FEED, FEED, EPCm & PMC
- Is familiar with and understands how we conduct our business including project discovery, development, proposal execution, negotiations and project contracting.
- Meets or exceeds Objectives set by Manager
- Informs the organization’s responsible management of any actions taken on any particular opportunity and / or project.
- Ability to work with other account executives in “team” selling approach
- Flexible and willing to travel
Wood is currently recruiting a Project Control Engineer with extensive experience in Oil & Gas and Petrochemical Industry.
- Prepare and update schedules in Primavera
- Update schedules at regular intervals, analyse the schedule and provide analysis
- Analyse critical paths and prepare narratives
- Measure progress using progress measurement system and prepare progress / productivity reports
- Review and update progress measurement system
- Analyse variations in progress & productivity and provide reasons for shortfall in progress and productivity
- Collate and prepare weekly and monthly reports
- Prepare manhour reports, staffing plan, rostering and cost reports
- Generate status and exception reports
- Support project invoicing
- Support Corporate in preparing various reports
- Any other tasks assigned by the project or department
Wood is currently recruiting for Material Controllers with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. There is no rotation associated with this position and as such, we can only consider applications from local Iraqi nationals residing in Basra and surrounding areas.
- Compliance with Supply Chain procedures
- Manage interface from Engineering to Procurement
- Identification of shortages and surplus materials
- Allocation of materials procured against project material requirements
- Producing Shipping Documents for all material movements
- Producing Materials Status reporting to project and client
- Performing Goods Receipts in Supply Chain system
- Maintaining data integrity in Supply Chain systems
- Coordinating material supply to Fabrication sub-contractors
- Expediting delivery of fabricated items to warehouse or job site
- Liaison with Construction and Procurement to co-ordinate all Piping and Structural Fabrication Orders
- Management of warehouse / job site material receipt, storage and issue
- Ensuring correct maintenance and preservation of materials is undertaken for stored equipment
- Requesting and managing supply of small plant and equipment items required for project execution
- Managing marshalling and issue of materials aligned to job cards and project schedule
- Assuring material deliveries aligned to boat sailing schedules
- Attending Project Progress Meetings
- Attending Purchase Order Pre-Production Meetings
- Management of Freight Forwarding and Import / Export and Customs control activities
- Material reconciliation at Project close
- Liaison with all Project personnel and client representatives
- Other tasks as directed by line manager.
Wood is currently recruiting a Senior Buyer (contract) to join our Procurement team in the Reading office. Candidates need experience in project purchasing in an engineering environment.
As a Senior Buyer for Wood you will have ownership of all pre and post-order purchasing activity for major global Oil & Gas EPC projects, from preparing procurement plans, quotation summaries, pricing negotiations and purchase orders through to arranging inspection and final delivery of equipment and materials.
- The accomplishment of all duties delegated by the Manager, Purchasing or Project Procurement Manager
- The procurement of allocated commodities of the required quality at lowest cost consistent with material requisitions, departmental and project requirements and at correct delivery point within scheduled time limits
- The competence and performance of supervised personnel within applicable procedures, schedules, and man-hour and cost budgets
- Comply with code of business conduct and ethics, corporate policies, procedures and work practices
- Prepare and issue Procurement Plans and obtain necessary approvals
- Liaise with the Inspection group or other inspection organisation to obtain inspection of equipment and materials
- Recommend to the Principal Procurement Engineers and Principal Buyers or Project Procurement Manager any necessary visits to Suppliers to apply pressure to maintain or improve performance
- Ensure the correct finalisation of orders in accordance with project procurement execution plan
- Assist in the settlement of back charges and discrepancies when requested by authorised construction personnel
Wood is looking for a Principal E&IC Engineer who aspire to be part of a team, delivering powerful results. We look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution.
Join our collaborative team, working side by side with a global specialist chemicals company on a new and innovative project in the growing Lithium resources market to design, engineer and construct a world class processing facility. We have a diverse range of opportunities within our Perth office and further positions in the South West.
The greenfield project targeted to go into production in 2020 will produce Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate from a 3 train processing plant with a forecasted 60,000 per annum (Tpa) output. Further expansion plans into 2025 will see a total production of 100,000 tonnes per annum. The plant is to be constructed at the Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area approximately 160 km south of Perth, Western Australia and 17 km north-east of the thriving regional centre of Bunbury.
Position Specifics and Deliverables
- Overall accountability for the Electrical, Controls, Instrumentation and Communications Systems design and integration for the Kemerton Project
- Accountable for the quality of deliverables of the discipline design section in line with the needs of the customer and regulatory authorities.
- Manage interface between Western Power, the client and sub-consultants
- Responsible for production and/or review of engineering deliverables including models, drawings, calculations, specifications, reports, evaluations etc.
- Input to capital estimates including quantity calculations.
- Act as the key link between the project team and the engineering discipline group.
- Review design scope changes.
- Provide solutions to engineering problems.
- Review and approve vendor data.
- Provide technical support to the onsite construction and commissioning teams, projects department and procurement department.
- Provide technical and commercial direction to engineers in relation to design quality, design schedules and design budgets.
- Foster a good working relationship within the WOOD team and with the client.
- Coach other E&I team members
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior PDMS Electrical Designer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.This position will be based at our Aberdeen offices on a contract basis.
Contributes to the delivery of Engineering excellence through:
- Executing assigned scopes of work.
- Supporting task delegation to team.People:
- Providing discipline expertise to the business.
- Coaching and mentoring as delegated.
- Supervision of Graduate Engineers. Provides input to the performance management of direct reports.
- Manage and supervise direct reports
- .Process Ownership:
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific Procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Participate in audits and incident investigations as required.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Provide discipline support to the business.
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct reports.
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution
- Deputising for Principal as required.
- Executing assigned personal objectives.
- Interact with multi-discipline Engineering Teams.
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports.Internal:
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate across the project / contract interfaces.
- Engage with inter-discipline community and promote discipline including: networking / knowledge sharing.Establishing and / or maintaining an awareness of external stakeholders including: industry bodies, academia, vendors, client interface as appropriate and requested
Document Controller cum Site Admin at Dharma Project Site, Dhamra Orissa
- Has sufficient technical understanding to carry out Document Control activities through Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Handover and Archiving Phases. Continuously seeks out opportunities to develop and improve technical knowledge base.
- Clearly understands the requirements of maintaining accurate document records in line with project and corporate procedures during the life of the project.
- Provides system generated reports with consistent, concise and accurate information to Project Management, Disciplines, and Clients as required.
- Executes Document Control activities in accordance with current policies and procedures. Has sufficient knowledge of Document Control systems allowing selection and use of the most appropriate tools to complete tasks efficiently.
- Experience in handling site administration work, secretarial services and other jobs as may be required for site functioning.
Wood has an opportunity for a Project Engineer/Senior Project Engineer. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Project Engineering Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- Coordinate & Manage Model Reviews, issuance and closure of Clash reports, Site Surveys as appropriate
- Be familiar with the engineering budget for the project
- Buy into and agree the Project schedule for effectively managing the progress against schedule, and suggest / agree remedial action where necessary with the Lead Discipline Engineers
- Know and understand schedule milestones. Be aware of any bonuses and penalties on milestones. Understand what engineering have to contribute to successfully achieve milestones. Manage the Lead Discipline Engineers to achieve the milestones
- Understand constructability issues and ensure these are reflected in the design
- Require engineering work to be executed in accordance with applicable procedures, specifications and standards, including FW health, safety, environmental and quality procedures
- Ensure that the change flags are raised by the respective disciplines to the PEM/PM
- Prepare the miscellaneous documents (e.g. construction contract requisitions,) in accordance with guidelines provided by the PEM / Manager – Project Engineering
- Follow up with Lead Engineers for adequate and appropriate population of the DMS for accurate progress updating as required
- Appraise the Project Engineering Manager / Project Manager of any aspects of the project that prevent compliance with this job description and seek their help in resolving these issues
Wood is currently recruiting for a Electrical Design Engineer with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
The candidate shall be Degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 3 years of experience in Refinery / Petrochemical/Chemical/Pharmaceutical Plant Projects covering:
- Input the required design data into electrical index as per the defined structure and format
- Carry out cable sizing calculations
- Prepare cable schedules
- Prepare interconnection diagrams
- Carry out lighting illumination calculations
- Prepare lighting and small power layout drawings
- Carry out cable tray routing drawings
- Input for 3D Modelling for cable trays and panels
- Prepare electrical installation detail drawings
- Prepare electrical MTO’s
- Prepare earthing layout drawings
- Review suppliers’ documents
- Prepare lightning protection system layout drawings