Click column header to sort
Wood is currently recruiting for a Civil Supervisor with extensive experience within EPCM environment to join our team in Hides, Papua New Guinea on a Fly in Fly Out rotational schedule (28 days on /28 days off). Reporting directly to the Senior Construction Superintendent, this position will be responsible for day to day and forward planning of the works program, including OH&S, QA, equipment requirements and team toolbox talks. The successful candidate is required to have an excellent understanding of working drawings and instruction, as part of coordinating multi cultured trades to ensure the safe and timely execution of work scopes.
- Demonstrated capability in Civil Construction; and/or bulk earthworks
- Demonstrated experience in managing Pipelines, Road construction, ROW development, and Earthworks projects
- Strong leadership skills; coaching and mentoring team members
- Strong awareness of safety on construction & earthworks projects, site, plant and equipment.
- Awareness of appropriate sub-contractors and suppliers as part of a multi-cultural team environment
- Plans and controls the Construction interface between site and head office
- Conducts daily toolbox talks with site labour at the beginning of each day
- Accountable for site planning and resource management including subcontractors to ensure safe and timely execution of work activities as per project plans
- Accountable for site progress reporting and identifying any opportunities / issues in a timely manner
- Sets and maintains the quality of the drawing as builds, timely certification sign off and close out of work packs
- Ensure material, tools and equipment are fit for purpose, checked and certified prior to use;
- Actively input to Construction estimate / CTR’s (in collaboration with the Construction Engineers)
- Clarification of roles and responsibilities of site team
Wood is currently recruiting for Technical Safety Engineer based in Abu Dhabi for permanent contract.
- Carry-out Engineering activities within the Tech. Safety Department and day-to-day issues in a major, schedule driven, modification project, while attending to the technical and planning issues necessary for timely completion in accordance with overall integrated construction/commissioning schedule
- Provide discipline expertise during trouble shooting in project commissioning phases.
- Carry-out (CTR) estimates.
- Develop project risk registers defining key risks to start-up of the overall project and its constituent projects.
- Develop verification requirements to determine the probability of risk occurrence.
- Review results of verifications and advise on required mitigations to overcome foreseen risks to project start-up.
- Define requirements for and participate in assurance activities to assess effectiveness in closure of risks
- Adjudicate in decision making for mitigation.
- Responsible of the provision of Tech. Safety Engineering services in support of project scope of work delivery.\
- Ensuring that the work is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the current releases of any company/client or statutory design, codes, standards or procedures.
- Input to Scope of Work and Basis of Design.
Wood is currently recruiting for an Instrument & Control Engineer based in Abu Dhabi for a permanent contract.
- He/She will be engaged in the design, preparation of specification, data sheets and analysis of I&C engineering requirements on a project.
- Support on tender or proposal, as per client standards, international codes, and project scope of work
- Planning and supporting on Instrumentation engineering design for field instrumentation, Control System, preparation of basic design, data sheets, Specifications, support on design deliverables, FEED and detailed design of the instrumentation and controls part of the project
- Ensuring that the design is carried out as per the industry standard practices and in conformance with the quality management system
- Assisting in the preparation of project proposals and pre-qualification documents in what relates to Instrumentation engineering design
- Identification of issues that impede project progress and reporting to Project Managers and Discipline Heads
- Assimilating the evolution of new products and technology, and updating oneself on the latest international standards in terms of engineering design practices and their applications;
- Identifying new methodology of work process required for higher productivity
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Designer to strengthen our team in Dubai. This position will involve occasional visits to the Client offices and/or site in Iraq.
- Reporting to the Lead Electrical Engineer the candidate will carry out assigned Electrical design work as part of a multi-discipline project team
- To promote safe behaviour at all times
- Maybe required to perform site surveys and data gathering exercises at various project locations
- To provide discipline specific design and drafting services that meet the Project’s, and applicable statutory and regulatory, requirements
- To provide technical support to the site team during design, engineering and construction
- Preparation and checking of all types of Electrical and/or Instrument design deliverables such as Block Diagrams, Single Line Diagrams, Schematics, Layout Drawings, Termination Diagrams, Schedules, Material Take-Offs, etc
- Interdisciplinary check of all Civil/Structural/Piping/Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation drawings
- Review of vendor drawings for Equipment / Package items
- Produce drawings in AutoCAD
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to the discipline
- Strong commitment to safety
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Excel and Word
- Experience of 3D modelling using SP3D / PDMS would be an advantage
- Must be able to work to an agreed scope, budget and schedule
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements
- Experience in the preparation and co-ordination of Electrical and/or Instrument design deliverables
- Compliance with industry, international and Client Codes and standards
- Maintain suitable records of correspondence and work completed for reference and auditing purposes
- Must be eligible and willing to make occasional visits to Basra, Iraq
- Onshore Oil and Gas related Electrical design experience
- Thorough awareness of international codes and standards used for Electrical and/or Instrument design in Oil & Gas industry
- A determination to continually improve safety in all aspects of plant design and operation
- Extensive experience with prefabricated, packaged plant design
Wood is currently recruiting for a Pipeline Designer based in Abu Dhabi for a permanent contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following;
- Understand the requirements of the design quality system and meticulously ensure that these requirements are met by all the team.
- Plan workload efficiently among the team and ensure timely completion of the job.
- Produce and review presentable and accurate drawings, including a consistency check.
- Checking and interface between his own discipline and other disciplines at all stages of the design.
- Adhere strictly to Company quality and safety regulations/standards.
- Understanding of vendor drawings and its interface points with Client engineering documents.
- Knowledge of survey techniques and co-ordinate systems & their conversions.
- Working knowledge in Google Earth & satellite images.
- Working knowledge in survey and GPS instruments.
- Experience in route survey and route selection
- Should be able to prepare and check different types of pipeline drawings, like Pipeline Route Maps, Field Layouts, Pipeline Alignment Sheets, Constraint Maps, Station Approach Drawings.
- Should be able to prepare and check Pipeline crossing drawings for Road, Rivers and other obstacles crossing.
- Knowledge of different crossing methodologies like HDD, Microtunnelling, Auger Boring and open cut.
- Pipeline typical drawings.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Pipeline Engineer to be based in Abu Dhabi for a permanent assignment.
The role of Pipeline Engineer is to carry out day to day pipeline engineering and design activities in an assigned project
The successful candidate will be responsble for the following
- Assist the pipeline lead / senior or the project engineering manager for solving technical problems arising during project development
- Ability to review Client's technical documentation and requirements, interpret topographical and geotechnical survey inputs, carry out detailed site surveys, verification and data collection;
- Able to assist in route selection study, location class study, pigging study, tie-in feasibility study, design basis etc.
- Independently able to develop pipeline deliverable - scope of work, route selection report, definition report, material grade selection reports, specifications, data sheets, requisitions, pipeline engineering calculations, stress analysis, technical bid evaluation, vendor document review, MTO
- Must have good knowledge and understanding of pipeline drawings (route maps, layouts, alignment sheets, crossing drawings, approach drawings, isometrics). Able to organize inputs and supervise for preparation of pipeline drawings, support design, material take offs, calculations, stress analysis, material specifications, data sheets and material requisitions.
- Should take full responsibility of proper and timely execution of project deliverable ensuring full compliance with quality management system and any project specific contractual requirements.
- Ensures effective communications among other engineering disciplines and project management teams.
- Coordinate within members of pipeline discipline, other engineering disciplines within the organization or project team as well as with Clients, third parties, vendors etc.
- Participates in progress review meetings and be aware of project status, progress, delays, change notices, performance measurement, lessons learned and close-out
- Ability to prepare documents for pipeline related workshops (route selection, location class, tie-in feasibility, pipeline constructability) and actively participate in same
- Assumes responsibility for cost, schedule, material quantity and budget control.
- Takes personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects
- Is able to produce proposals for projects which involve man hour and schedule estimates for pipeline discipline
- Should be able to add value plus/ optimization ideas.
Wood is currently recruiting for an Instrument and Control Engineer based in Abu Dhabi for a permanent contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following;
- Fully familiar with International Codes, standards SIL and recommended practices to be adopted during FEED & EPC phases of Oil/Gas projects. Thorough knowledge of DCS, ESD, F&G and SCADA systems generally incorporated in major oil/gas project is essential
- Produce designs for Instrument systems and equipment. Prepare adequate drawings, specifications, data sheets, calculations and other pertinent engineering and design documentation to enable the procurement of Instrument equipment packages and their subsequent installation, commissioning and safe operation.
- Generation of project deliverable documents, including production, checking and approval as required to meet stated project requirements
- Maintain effective interfaces between the Instrument project team and other discipline teams, Client representatives and other third parties as required
- Maintain co-ordination of design information with Instrument Designers for ongoing design issues
- Represent the Instrument discipline internally and externally as required
- Provide progress reporting input to the Lead Engineer
- Follow discipline and project working procedures
Wood is recruiting for a Database Specialist to join our Engineering Systems team here in Reading on an agency basis.
The position willl maintain multiple databases and undertake development steps planning, ongoing monitoring, and improving performance.
- Coordinate and manage database activities to support application development projects.
- Provide functional and technical support to ensure performance, operation and stability of database systems.
- Manage data exporting and importing across database systems.
- Provide database connectivity and access support throughout the organization.
- Prepare documentations of all database procedures and guidelines.
- Provide high level support to customers on a daily basis.
- Respond to database related queries and issues in a timely fashion.
- Monitor database activities on daily basis to ensure the reliability and security of databases.
- Ensure that database is properly tested, and bugs are fixed appropriately.
- Assist in optimizing database for operational and performance efficiency.
- Assist in database management, maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
- Assist in database enhancements and modifications as per customer requests.
- Prepare database project status reports to project manager.
- Work with programmers, QA team and security personnel to execute database projects according to customer requirements.
- Prepare database reports for managers as needed
Wood Transmission and Distribution Business require a Site Engineer with extensive experience in Overhead Lines to support on a OHL Dismantling Project on the west coast of Scotland.
- Responsible for co-ordinating Foremen, Linesmen, and Sub-contractors and will be required to liaise with clients and third parties
- Responsible for the Setting People to Work Process including On-boarding and Site Inductions.
Day to day Health and Safety matters of staff and sub-contractors working under your control on projects.
Adequate reporting of Safety incidents and “near misses” both internally and externally as required by the client.
Planning, day to day co-ordination and management of Foremen and Linesmen.
Planning, day to day co-ordination and management of Sub-contractors.
The professional development of any subordinate staff assigned to you.
Control costs and awareness of the financial status of the part of the project for which you are responsible.
As part of the Setting People to Work process assist the Site Manager in the checking of staff competencies and ensuring that the correct training has been given for any tasks undertaken.
Assist with the production of all Method Statements, Work Instructions and Risk Assessments as required by Safety Regulations and / or client for the part of the project for which you are responsible.
Provide the Project Manager with all information required to produce Contract Status Reports (or other reports required by client).
To provide well-documented and timely information to support the Project Manager in project change control.
Plan and co-ordinate required resources (plant, materials and labour) to carry out required projects.
To determine material requirements and liaise with Procurement in a timely manner to ensure all materials are available to complete the project requirements.
Support the Site Construction Manager in technical and resource input for developing target costs where required.
In accordance with our certification to the standards OHSAS 18001:1999, ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001:2004 each employee will comply with and contribute to the effective implementation of the current:-
Health and Safety Policy
Wood is a global provider of consulting, environmental and engineering services. Wood employs more than 60,000 people worldwide in more than 60 countries, including offices located in Frankfurt, Kaiserslautern, Hamburg, Stuttgart, Munich and Nuremberg.
Our European operations provide services to the US Department of Defense. We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Compliance and Conservation Support Consultant. The position is funded until July 2020, with high potential for extension into 2021. This position is part-time (20 hrs per week) located at USAG Bavaria – Garmisch.
Working as an employee of Wood, the successful applicant will provide on-site environmental compliance and conservation support for the US Army Environmental Directorate (ED) at USAG Bavaria in Garmisch.
Tasks will include…
- Conduct on-site environmental reviews for planned construction and repair projects.
- Actively engage in project review meetings with internal and external stakeholders, including German environmental authorities.
- Inspect hazardous waste storage areas and review waste transportation documents.
- Evaluate waste streams for compliance with applicable German and US standards and regulations.
- Review and update USAG Bavaria environmental management plans, including Hazardous Waste Management Plans and Asbestos Management Plans.
- Assist Grafenwoehr Environmental Division with preparation of environmental compliance assessments and correction of noted deficiencies at USAG Bavaria – Garmisch.
- Data entry and database management of Environmental Management Systems (EMS).
Wood ist ein weltweit operierender Anbieter von Beratungs-, Umwelt- und Ingenieurdienstleistungen. Seit Oktober 2018 gehört das Unternehmen zur Wood PLC.
Mit einem Jahresumsatz von etwa 10 Milliarden britischen Pfund beschäftigt Wood weltweit mehr als 60.000 Mitarbeiter in über 60 Ländern, in Deutschland mit Niederlassungen in Frankfurt, Kaiserslautern, Hamburg, Stuttgart, München und Nürnberg.
Wir suchen einen Junior-Umweltconsultant für Naturschutz und Umweltplanung (Vollzeit), eingebunden in das Team des Fachbereichs Naturschutz für unser Büro in Nürnberg.
- Erstellung von Pflege, Entwicklungs- und Artenschutzkonzepten
- Erarbeitung von Artenschutzrechtliche Prüfung, Fachbeitrag Naturschutz und Landschaftspflegerische Begleitplan
- Durchführung, Planung und Auswertung von Biotop- bzw. Artenschutzkartierungen
- Identifikation planungsrelevanter Artengruppen im Rahmen von Bauvorhaben
- Überprüfung von geplanten Baumaßnahmen und Projekten hinsichtlich naturschutzrelevanter Aspekte
- Koordination bei Planung und Umsetzung von Ausgleichs- und Ersatzflächen inkl. Prüfung von landschaftspflegerischen Begleitplänen
- Dateneingabe und Aufbereitung der Kartierergebnisse sowie Datenpflege und Erstellung von Karten in Geoinformationssystemen
- Vorbereitung und Durchführung von Veranstaltungen zur Umweltbildung mit Themenbereich Naturschutz
Wood is currently recruiting for an Assistant Project Coordinator with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry.
This is a 6/3 rotation working offshore in Equatorial Guinea on a 6 month duration.
Brief Description of Roles & Responsibilities:
· Support project coordinator and a team (20) of welders, platers/fitters offshore
·Good communication skills
·Onsite problem solving – day to day onsite issues
·Previous experience in welding and construction (Dual shield welding process, Gas Shielded Flux Core Arc Welding, Manual metal arc welding process and/or Plasma arc cutting and gouging)
·Experience with rope access is welcome
This position is to assist project coordinator and the team working in the tanks. Safety behaviour is of upmost importance and critical to the safe execution of this work.
The Assistant Project Coordinator must ensure all procedures and safe working practices are being followed at all times. To ensure this duty is met a minimum of four site visits are required per day. The Assistant Project Coordinator will carry out checks consistently to ensure quality standards are being adhered to and all safety procedures are being followed.
The Assistant Project Coordinator will attend and sometime hold ‘Tool Box Talks’ every morning before the start of each shift. The Tool Box Talk must include the work scope intended for that day. The Assistant Project Coordinator must be satisfied by the end of the talk that the entire workforce are aware of their duties for that day. It is the responsibility of the Assistant Project Coordinator to provide additional advice to any individual who is unclear of their duties for that day when he hold the TBT.
It is the responsibility of the Assistant Project Coordinator to encourage and introduce different themes during the Tool Box Talk to maintain motivation amongst the work force.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Commissioning Engineer with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
This will be based on the BP North Sea Upstream P&M Contract.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Infrastructure Security Architect to join our global information technology team. Wood is a global engineering company with over 60,000 employees operating in more than 60 countries. This role could be based in any one of our global hubs for the right person. The role will require On-call availability and periodic overtime and travel.
The objective for the Infrastructure Security Architect is to design and align Wood Infrastructure Security with Enterprise Architecture strategy.
The role bridges Business and Enterprise Architecture strategies with Infrastructure Technical delivery teams ensuring infrastructure platforms are fit for purpose.
- To assure a continuous infrastructure improvement model, and assist with business related infrastructure design requests
- To maintain the strategy and roadmaps for infrastructure technologies
- To review and adjust both strategy and roadmaps annually
- Creation and maintenance of Architecture roadmaps for Security related aspects of IT infrastructure
- Align Infrastructure Architecture roadmaps with Enterprise strategy
- Identify new technologies and concepts and assess against Wood Business goals
- Develop, approve and evaluate IT Proof of Concepts in support of Infrastructure roadmaps
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for infrastructure spending and initiatives
- Technical Design Authority member
- Escalation for design, implementation and problem resolution
Wood is inviting applications for the position of HR Administrator to join our team in Gurgaon, India. Please note this is not a live vacancy and at this stage applications are accepted as "Expression of Interest (EOI)".
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responisble for complete end to end employee life cycle process. Working experience in HR shared services environment is preferrable.
- Create Employee record via HR system
- Creating Employee Files in the network drives and E-filing of employee documents
- Creation of Offer Letter, Employment Contract, Forms and validation of Certificates
- Issuing Global Mandatory Policy Document (GMPD) and progress monitoring
- Preparation of documents related to employee movements, updating of employee record in HRIS
- Leaver document preparation, update of worker's status in HRIS
- Responding to queries of HR counterparts
Wood is currently recruiting for a PAS (Process Automation Systems) Test Engineer to be based in Woking:
As part of the Tengizchevroil (TCO) FGP/WPMP Process Automation Team will be responsible for configuration testing, performing and coordinating the project Internal and Application Factory Acceptance Tests (IFAT and AFAT) and supporting Process Automation Dynamic Simulator (PA-DS) tests covering the following but not limited to;
- Review test procedures to ensure alignment with Control and Safeguarding Narratives. (C&SN), Safety requirement specifications (SRS) and Fire and Gas Specifications (F&G)
- Ensure Honeywell system setup and connected with Honeywell Virtual Engineering platform (VEP) and ready for the planned tests
- Visual inspection of equipment ready for power up
- Ensure all interfaces are ready for testing
- Ensure all test procedures are in place and being followed
- Undertake planned tests and accurately recording results and corrective actions
- Manage and interface with the client representative(s) during testing
- Provide progress reports to the project team
- Support the PAS execution and engineering teams both in the UK and India in planning and conducting configuration testing following Quality control procedures
- Perform a first level of diagnostics/fault finding and corrective actions referring to subject matter experts when needed
- If required participate in Site Acceptance tests (SATs)
- Provide site support as required working through the Technical Lead
Wood is currently hiring a Real Estates (RES) Facilities Management (FM) Coordinator to be based in the Staines office. This role will assist the RES FM Contracts Manager with the management of the office space allocation and recoveries within the Wood Southern property portfolio.
- Assisting with the day to day operation of contracts managed by Real Estate Services
- Liaison with key contacts across the business, landlords managing agents, building users and numerous contractors
- Regular site visits to monitor general performance and compliance with planned and reactive works
- Up keep of budget templates and general contract administration
- Assist the RES FM Contracts Manager with the successful delivery of FM related contracts across the Wood commercial Southern property portfolio (inclusive of all hard, soft and utilities contracts)
Wood is currently recruiting for a Planning Engineer / Senior Planning Engineer.
- Review and understand all relevant documentation pertaining to the project including scope of services, project execution plan, proposal / project schedule (including manpower projection plan), conditions of contract
- Work within the standard planning / scheduling procedures. Ensure that these procedures fulfil client requirements and develop additional project specific procedures where necessary
- Prepare activity plans to accomplish all work required by the procedures and to ensure that sufficient planning resources are provided
- Liaise with Client Project Control personnel as necessary
- Timely preparation and issue of:
- Overall Project Schedule Level 1
- Project Schedule Level 2
- Project Network Level 3
- Schedule Basis Memorandum (SBM)
- Manpower Projection Plan
- Critical Equipment Lists / Schedules
- Progress 'S' Curves and tabulations
- Manhour / Manpower histograms
- Short - term look ahead schedules
- Monthly progress report including narrative
- Ensure that all involved parties participate in preparation of items described above and that they agree to their respective elements and approve documents where necessary
- Produce current physical progress reports and final job statistics
- Prepare and issue project action reports to Project Manager / Project Control Manager
- Maintain accurate schedule and control curves in an updated condition
- Analyze schedule trends and produce regular forecasts of schedule performance and issues for project review
- Maintain awareness and understanding of relevant systems operated by other departments
Wood has an exciting opportunity to manage our Administration team whilst providing a comprehensive secretarial and administrative service to our Project Controls and Project Management departments. A strong secretarial background and experience of managing a team would be beneficial in this exciting and fast paced position.
Wood is a global leader in delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. This key role will be based at our vibrant, spacious offices at Shinfield Park, Reading.
Management of Support Staff department
Responsible for the administration and resource management of Support Staff department:
- Ensuring that administrative support is provided to both project and department teams including mobilisation and demobilisation of project staff to meet changing requirements
- Recruitment of administration support staff
- Liaison with Department and Project Managers with regards to their admin requirements
- Dealing with staffing issues, pastoral care and salary planning
- Organisation and hosting of Support Staff department meetings
- Coordination of the document Archiving process within Reading office including liaison with external supplier
- Management of changes to Admin systems within Reading Office and their onward communication to Administration team
- Responsible for the management of centralised Stationery and Courier services within Reading office
- Responsible for smooth running of Reception
- Responsible for Support Staff department budget
- Invoice approvals related to Stationery, Courier, Archiving plus any other ad-hoc charges
- Administration of departments’ input to Enterprise Management System
Administration support to Heads of Project Controls and Project Management and teams
- Producing correspondence, notes of meetings, procedures, presentations, reports, documents etc.,
- Expediting and collation of material to produce reports including project activity ‘Dashboard’ spreadsheets for monthly senior management reviews
- Organisation of Project Control reviews, internal meetings, teleconferences and video conferences where needed. Attendance at meetings including minute-taking where required
- Assisting the management team with the department’s Recruitment activity
- Co-ordination of all training activities within Project Control, including attending weekly department meetings, booking external courses and applying for ECITB grants
- Co-ordination of the Performance Management System within Project Control
- Organisation of overseas travel, hotel arrangements, itineraries, visas, car hire etc.
- Maintaining the team’s shared information systems e.g. network access drives
- Ad-hoc admin, support and travel on behalf of Project Managers not working within a Project team
Wood has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Logistics and Materials Control Lead who aspires to be part of a team, delivering strong results.
We look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution.
This role will be based in the WOOD Perth WA projects office, reporting to the Supply Chain Manager and responsible for leading materials management of all project materials and equipment in accordance with company procedures ensuring that all activities are auditable and traceable.
To be successful you have prior working experience in the Offshore LNG, Oil & Gas sectors within an EPC engineering and maintenance project environment with both onshore and offshore scope of work engagements. Have a strong understanding of logistics, transport and materials coordination and its stakeholders, specific to the Australian remote regional localities.
- Actively drive accountability in relation to safety into all supply chain activities.
- Leading and providing guidance to the Supply Chain team.
- Support change in implementing Materials Control improvement initiatives
- Leading in allocation resource requirements and deploying to work assignments to meet project needs.
- Maintains strong positive liaisons between project engineering, implementation teams, offshore personnel and clients
- Takes a proactive approach to improvement to deliver improved efficiencies in the Supply Chain.
- High Degree of credibility with staff, peer groups, and management
- Reviewing and assisting with development of processes and procedures, and communication to relevant personnel
- Maintain strong positive liaisons between project engineering, implementation teams, offshore personnel and clients
- Build and manage relationships with all Wood and client vendors focusing on value add opportunities for the project and location
- Identification and reporting of project material shortages and surplus
- Monitor supply chain scheduling periods (by delivery teams) are achievable and realistic and aligned to supply chain systems
- Maintains a robust and auditable materials management system
- Leads materials management close out reports including final project materials status reports and contributes to lessons learnt.