Click column header to sort
Due to continuing success in the offshore wind sector, Wood is seeking a talented and motivated EIA Principal or Associate Director to join its Environment & Infrastructure Solutions team in London, Reading, Glasgow or Edinburgh.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a growing team to deliver and manage EIA and consenting for high profile major infrastructure projects. In particular, you will:
- Lead project teams technically, strategically and commercially to deliver large EIA projects and consenting advice for offshore wind projects at various stages of the project lifecycle
- Continue to grow our offshore project portfolio by supporting business development activities to develop our existing clients and win new work.
- Develop, motivate and mentor junior staff to reach their potential
You will join an enthusiastic and supportive team and will experience a challenging but fulfilling working environment. There are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development across Wood’s wider Environment and Infrastructure consultancy business.
Wood is recruiting a Mechanical Engineer to join the team in Reading.
The core responsibilities of this role are to assist the client in the development of engineered solutions and provide a service for the provision of approved packaging for the safe transport and storage of hazardous materials. Although based out of the Reading office, this role is based locally on site within a client environment (AWE Burghfield).
Typical Work Activities
- Authoring and production of supporting specifications and proposals to define quality levels
- Identification and development of engineering requirements
- Knowledge of applying regulations regarding storage and transport of hazardous materials.
- Understand the full lifecycle processes and current legislation in accordance with Client procedures.
- Amendment of existing design drawings and creation of new drawings to Client processes
- Participate in Client design reviews articulating progress and document via meeting minutes
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Wood are currently recruiting for an PMC Senior Process Engineer for its client Al Dhafra Petroleum to be based in client office in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates to work on a FEED project. Successful candidate must be able to peform below duties;
- Provide technical expertise on all engineering subject matter pertaining to Process engineering and design
- Ensure Process design and engineering compliance with relevant codes, standards and Company standards
- Coordinate, Monitor and handle Process design and engineering with EPC contractor as per project expectation and complete the same within the time frame
- Work with other discipline engineers within IPMT, EPC contractor, and Al Dhafra Petroleum Engineering / Operation / Site Interface to resolve technical issues and ensure quality Process engineering execution and integrity etc
- Perform regular and timely technical reviews of Process engineering deliverables developed by engineering consultants / contractors, ensuring design quality in compliance with relevant codes, standards, and best practices
- Ensure integration of overall Process engineering coordination within IPMT other discipline Engineering Team
- Review and approval of Engineering Consultant's and EPC Contractor's work and ensure compliance with the project specifications, relevant codes and standards, and best industry practices
- Coordinate the required engineering participation in the development and analysis of various design options and business models
- Contribute input and expertise in the development and analysis of various design options and business models to design optimization and validation
- Participate in teams for equipment sizing / equipment selection considering optimization and standardization
- Ensure that the facilities are designed in accordance with the latest corporate guidelines with respect to environment and health aspects
- Ensure full utilization of the existing facilities while optimizing the facilities required for the new projects
- Participate in layout reviews, Model review, design reviews, and technical workshops
- Provide technical assistance and coordination with other discipline engineers
- Coordinate technical reviews and bid evaluation, and performance evaluation
- Provide technical assistance during installation, pre-commissioning & commissioning
- Scanning and coding of invoices
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures related to critical payments i.e. utilties and statutory
- Reconciling processed work by verifying whatever invoices scanned are interfaced into system
- Continuing to improve the accounts payable process
- Ad-hoc request from superior as and when required.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Piping Stress Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry supporting Engineering design for an ongoing EPCm contract on a 6/2 Rotation in Baku, Azerbaijan.
- Specialising in pipe stress analysis and advising design team on arrangement and support requirement to work within code stress requirements.
- To support the Principal and Senior Piping Engineers in delivering the Piping Engineering Design meeting Wood and Client criteria for Technical Design Quality and Technical Safety.
- Preparation of Piping design stress deliverables, including studies, detail design deliverables and close-out, as directed by the Lead Engineers.
- Participation in project design and safety reviews.
- Represent the Company at external functions, roll-outs and communication sessions such as graduate recruitment events.
- To complete requirements for Corporate membership of Chartered Institution.
- To continue developing experience, expertise and confidence in technical areas with context of company’s administrative and technical procedures.
- To prepare, develop and maintain the full range of Piping Engineering Design deliverables to a high standard using Corporate Procedures/Software where applicable, Industry Codes and best practice. To achieve this on schedule and within budget.
- Commitment to and promotion of Wood’s values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
Amec Foster Wheeler is recruiting a Commercial Lead to join our team in Brunei.
- Ensuring effective commercial co-ordination of relevant project in accordance with all relevant Amec Foster Wheeler commercial policies and procedures
- Ensuring effective post-contract commercial co-ordination of relevant project in accordance with Amec Foster Wheeler commercial policies and procedures and that commercial entitlement is pursued and obtained in accordance with the terms of the contract
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment and demonstrate correct HSE behaviors and leadership
- Implementation of CRB approval process followed and that all necessary approvals obtained.
- Management of commercial resources deployed on project
- Ensuring that appropriate training and development provided for project commercial personnel.
- Operate in accordance with Amec Foster Wheeler commercial policies and procedures
- Ensuring that project invoicing carried out in accordance with terms and conditions of contract and that cash position maximised
- Ensuring that cost/value reporting and end life forecasting on project are undertaken in accordance with Amec Foster Wheeler policies and procedures and that the appropriate values are reflected in the management accounts
- Submission of variation and contract amendment requests and claims in accordance with contract requirements (where required)
- Provision of commercial and contractual advice to Project Managers
- Ensuring that cost reports to Client in respect of the project are provided
- Ensuring that revised contract rates and prices are built up and submitted in accordance with the terms of the contract
- Ensuring that any necessary contractual notices are served in accordance with the terms of the contract
- Ensuring that project costs are effectively controlled
- Ensuring that payments to Amec Foster Wheeler are made in accordance with the terms of the contract
- Ensuring that risk management techniques are applied on project
- Preparation of correspondence in connection with project contractual matters
Wood is currently looking for a Qualety Manager to work out of our office in Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia. This position will be part of the core team on the COTC project, a Joint Venture between ARAMCO and SABIC.
Our clients are setting up a new Joint Venture business which will take crude oil and produce a wide range of bulk chemical products. The project will be a first of a kind investment with a fully integrated 400,000 bpd refinery and chemicals complex, including two parallel ethylene crackers and with limited co-production of fuels. All the individual parts of the project will be world scale and the integration will deliver world beating production efficiency. The TIC is likely to be of the order of $20-$25 billion, making it one of the largest ever single-phase investments in the petrochemicals industry. The project is located in Yanbu, Royal commission’s land. Therefore, a wide face to face coordination and meetings will be required with Yanbu’s Royal commission.
- Prepare annual man-hour budgets
- Ensure that, where quality initiatives are involved in procedural improvement, impact to the Quality Management System is considered
- Resource staff with the appropriate experience of Quality Assurance (QA) activities for Projects and ensure any training requirements for staff are identified and implemented
- Keep up to date with developments in QA, with respect to client, national and international requirements through attendance at seminars, and participation in the appropriate Consultative Groups of Industry Bodies
- Encourage groups, particularly those involved in project execution to identify quality improvement activities through the application of Continuous Improvement and QA
- Promote and publicize Wood dedication to Continuous Improvement and QA to clients, external groups, instructions and organization
- Be aware of and communicate to all projects the content of the Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Assurance Standards and requirements
- Ensure to make appropriate arrangements to be briefed on Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Assurance upon arrival when members of the project visit operating plants, supplier's works or work sites
- Ensure QA Records demonstrating the effectiveness of the Quality Management System are maintained at corporate and project level
- Plan and undertake the project Management Review process
- Plan and implement the Third-Party Certification surveillance and re-certification processes to ISO 9001:2015 within the project
Wood is currently looking for Process SPPID Designers to work on the engineering and project management services across our in al - Khobar offices in Saudi Arabia. This is a permanent, full - time position and we are looking for people across all the Engineering disciplines.
The successful employees will have the option to undergo key design tools training and will support Wood projects across all stages of the project work scope.
- Execute assigned work in accordance with the applicable project procedures and standards, within the man - hour and cost budgets and the project schedule targets
- Execute CAD drafting tasks as defined by the Process and Project Engineers
- Liaise with Process, Project and Discipline Engineers to verify interpretation of engineering CAD drafting requirements
- Be completely familiar with the project CAD drafting requirements
- Ensure the procedures and work practices listed in the Project Engineering Quality Plan are applied as appropriate
- Produce project Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) and Material Selection Diagrams (MSD), Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) in accordance with process and project engineering requirements
- Assist the Process and Project Engineers through the issue of PFDs, MSDs, Line Lists, Equipment lists and other design documents, or any other reasonable task requested by the Engineer
- Be familiar with the requirements of the project schedule and expedite the project design deliverables accordingly
- Assist the Process and Project Engineers with the transfer of records to storage, microfilming and for destruction
- Perform all assigned work to agreed standards for safety, health environment and demonstrate a commitment to attaining high levels of HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) performance
- Participate in and advice on all design activities and initiatives, including provision of training, inductions and documentation review
- Verify that all designs are to required standards and that the objectives of the project are met
- Verify that the works is completed to the agreed schedule
Wood is currently looking to recruit a Safety Supervisor to be deployed within a client Project Management Team in multiple projects such as SADARA, COTC and MARJAN, site based with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. The candidates shall be experienced and capable to:
- Implement detailed day-to-day HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) program, utilizing the HSE work process, standards and procedures
- Ensure that project HSE aspects are adequate and applied to achieve predefined project HSE performance goals and targets.
- Act as the project resource for related HSE information on procedures, guidelines and standards, project contact for HSE issues and coach teams and individuals on HSE related tasks and activities
- Assist in developing and achieving project HSE goals and ensure compliance tasks are completed
- Perform / coordinate certain HSE monitoring, data collection, analyzing and reporting for the project. As required, participate in the HSE related project reviews
- Coordinate schedules for and complete project HSE audits and assessments. As required, conduct and document incident investigations and follow up corrective actions
- Provide HSE support to various project activities and ensure a safe work environment for the overall workforce
- Carry out training in HSE procedures, control the level of compliance with safety specifications, suggest corrective measures, and report safety performance
- Make adjustments required to HSE sub-contractor management plans as required
- Coordinate arrangements to ensure that the working procedures are implemented correctly
Wood. is recruiting Cost Control Engineers to further increase the capacity and knowledge base of the well-established Project Services department. This will give you the opportunity to work on a wide range of Wood. projects
- Coordinating all aspects of the cost capturing, monitoring and forecasting effort for their assigned project with proper documentation.
- Act as a focal point for the project team regarding approvals and cost related issues.
- Coordinate and work with the project management team to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery/completion of the project work.
- Ensure effective project implementation and utilize productive reports from the creation of WBS with the use of project management system to monitor the status of all costs, invoicing and delivery up to the closure of the project.
- Contribute to the change management process, analyzing and reporting cost impacts to the project.
- Be particularly diligent in recognizing and reporting to Project Management potential cost problems in all phases of the project.
- Delivering weekly and monthly project cost reports.
- Working closely with the Planning Coordinator to maintain and ensure project data integrity.
- Assisting with development of DCNs by highlighting impact on cost and assist with related tracking and re-baselining effort.
- Periodically updating costs to include scope changes.
- Developing and distributing project cost curves including planned, actual, and forecast figures.
- Interfacing with the Financial Department regarding project invoicing.
- Attend project meetings and discussions with the PMT.
- Perform project costing related reporting to the team and management’s review on a periodic basis to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Supporting Project Controls Manager assisting with administrative duties as required.
- Reporting status of projects on an ongoing and frequent basis.
- Assisting in creating an environment suitable for ongoing development of junior coordinators.
- Assisting in the continual improvement of the Project Cost Control processes and procedures by providing Project Controls Manager of any concerns with the QMS.
Due to continuing success in the Major Infrastructure sector, Wood is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Noise Consultant to join our 600 strong Environment and Infrastructure solutions team in either our London or Birchwood office.
The successful candidate will join an established team of acousticians providing primarily noise impact assessment services (including design, modelling and monitoring) to a wide variety of Major Infrastructure clients. The acoustic team provide assessment services to a broad range of sectors including road, rail, aviation and nuclear projects.
The successful candidate will lead small to medium / medium to large sized noise projects for the Senior and Principal grades respectively. Client relationship and business development experience is desirable but not essential. The position would suit an individual who is looking to advance their career in an expanding business area within a global firm.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide technical management of projects in key areas of our business. In addition, the successful candidate will contribute towards the continued growth and development of the team and be involved in identifying business opportunities and providing client contact.
Anticipated core duties:
- Managing noise and vibration input on internal and external projects;
- Understanding and applying relevant UK noise policy and regulations;
- Application of noise and vibration expertise to support the planning process;
- Construction noise assessment and management;
- Use of Geographical Information Systems to improve the quality and efficiency of noise and vibration assessments;
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders;
- Authoring and checking reports/assessments;
- Preparation and checking of proposals;
- Staff management, development and mentoring;
- Commercial management of team input to projects;
- Using innovation to improve working practices.
Due to continuing success in the Major Infrastructure sector, Wood is seeking talented and enthusiastic Aviation Noise Specialists to join our 600 strong Environment and Infrastructure solutions team.
Wood has been involved with projects in the aviation sector for many years both in the UK and internationally. Our team is currently playing a key role on the Heathrow Airport Expansion project as well as projects at Bristol, Luton, and Manston Airports. It is envisaged that the candidate would support the future development of new projects in this sector and delivery of technical work associated with these projects.
The successful candidate will be able to take on the technical lead role for our aviation projects as well as having a strong network of client contacts and business development experience. The successful candidate will report directly into the E&IS Noise and Vibration team lead and the role would suit an individual looking to advance their career in an expanding business area within a global firm.
Whilst the role will be aviation focussed, the candidate would be expected to contribute to technical management of projects in other key areas of our business such as infrastructure - principally power, rail, and road projects. Also, to contribute towards the continued growth and development of the team, involvement in identifying business opportunities and providing client contact.
Anticipated core duties:
- Leading business development in aviation noise;
- Managing noise and vibration input on medium to large sized internal and external projects;
- Liaising with clients;
- Authoring and checking reports/assessments;
- Providing key subject matter expertise on aviation (internationally);
- Preparation and checking of proposals;
- Staff management;
- Staff development and mentoring;
- Commercial management of team input to projects;
- Supporting business development in sectors other than aviation;
- Stakeholder liaison.
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Civil Underground Designer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Working on a multi-billion dollar petrochemicals project on a fixed term basis from our Reading office, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
- Preparation and setting out of UG layouts with drainage networks including drains, pipes, roads and paving as per plot plans, vendor data and other departments input, following technical work practices, standards, specifications, plot plans, P&ID’s and vendor data
- Preparation of Road, Paving and Fencing drawings
- Preparation of standard drawings for all Underground items
- Reports clashes and participates in clash check exercises
- Co-ordination with other disciplines for input and changes and with other designers
- Ensures all files are up-to date with respect to the deliverables responsible for
- Ensuring that drafting activities are carried out within the established time schedule and within the allocated manhour budget
Wood is currently recruiting for a Civil and Structural Designer to execute structural design and draughting activities within budget and schedule and work within our Engineering Team.
The successful candidate is required in our Reading office for an initial period of 6 Months on a large petrochemicals project.
- Prepare structural drawings and designs from agreed work scopes with minimum input from engineering personnel
- Achieve safety standards as defined in personal performance contract
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance
- Carry out work in accordance with Wood and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule
- Maintain required technical quality of work and filing system
- Keep up to date with technical developments, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to discipline workscope
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project
Wood has an opportunity for a Senior Civil / Structural Engineer to be based in Reading on a fixed term basis. You will have experience of working within a senior position within the Oil and Gas industry as well as having relevant experience of onshore design projects.
This is an opportunity to become a valuable, well-rounded member of an experienced team, with the successful candidate taking responsibility for deliverables on projects at all stages of the design process.
Wood is a global engineering consultant with a reputation for delivering high quality, technically advanced and reliable facilities on time, on budget and with a world-class safety record.
- Analysis and Design of steel and concrete structures to various International & Company codes and standards (e.g. European, American, British, Shell, Aramco, etc.)
- Analysis and Design of structure and equipment foundations to static and dynamic loading
- Analysis and Design using engineering software such as STAAD.Pro, Foundation 3D, Matt 3D, etc
- Preparation of Basis of Design, Material Specifications, Material take offs, Scopes of Work, Technical reports, Inter discipline design coordination and supervision
- Competent in preparing design calculations for steel and concrete structure, seismic design and design to extreme wind loads, developing design sketches and pass relevant information to designers as required on assigned projects
- Liaise with Designers in the preparation of CAD drawings, typically using, Microstation, Smartplant 3D, AutoCAD, PDMS, PDS, etc
- Liaise with other disciplines to accommodate their requirements and with Designers in the preparation of structural and foundation drawings and details
- Provide technical support to other members of the team
- Support development of lessons learnt database
- Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude toward safety, both in design and in the office environment
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Architectural Designer with good CAD capability to be based in our Reading office on a fixed term basis. In this role, you will provide architectural design and drawing services on amulti-billion dollar Front End Engineering Project.
Key aspects will include:
- Design of process, equipment and other plant buildings
- Production of technically sound architectural drawings and other deliverables using Microstation V8i, in accordance with Project standards and schedules
- Coordination of deliverables with other engineering disciplines
- Design and coordination of project buildings as directed by Lead Architect
- Report to the Lead Architect on technical and schedule issues within the project
- Preparation of Architectural drawings in accordance with Wood Technical Work
- Practices, project standards and client standards
- Ensure sound build ability of all design work along with effective and accurate coordination with other disciplines
- Keep abreast of Project strategies and key drivers. Maintain familiarisation with project Discipline Design Instructions
- Regular coordination with the assigned Drafting Team to ensure uniformity in design and drafting activities in addition to checking drawings against design basis and mark-ups before issue
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Civil Engineer - Underground with extensive experience in the Oil and Gas or Petrochemical Industry to work on a Fixed Term basis from our Reading office.
Working on a large petrochemicals project, candidates should have sound engineering background and be capable of analytical, creative and conceptual thinking.
- Responsible for the design of underground and over ground drainage systems and networks, develop drainage design solution, capable of terrain modelling, conduct flood risk studies, preparation of earthwork and site preparation design
- Responsible for assessing design of existing underground and over ground drainage systems and networks, develop drainage design solution
- Responsible for carrying our design studies and preparing project related design calculations, drawings and documents such as basis of design, philosophies, specifications, etc.
- Responsible for reviewing, checking and commenting drawings and supervise designers in the preparation of Drawings in accordance with Wood and Client technical work practises and standards
- Responsible for ensuring that all design activities are carried out within stipulated Man-hour budgets and time schedules
- Within area of responsibility manage work progress and schedule, prepare progress reports
- Advise Lead Engineer of any technical issues, schedule slippages, their causes and proposed corrective actions
- Assists in the preparation of any contract requisitions and schedules of quantity for work on assigned projects
- Work with inter-disciplinary teams on the project to deliver suitable designs. Liaises with client, construction personnel on site and addresses technical queries
- Within area of responsibility prepare estimates, MTOs, estimate basis memo
- Keep abreast of the project strategy and key drivers, participate in Model Reviews as and when required and report changes to the Lead Designer/Lead Engineer
Wood is currently recruiting a Project Control Engineer with extensive experience in Oil & Gas and Petrochemical Industry.
- Prepare and update schedules in Primavera
- Update schedules at regular intervals, analyse the schedule and provide analysis
- Analyse critical paths and prepare narratives
- Measure progress using progress measurement system and prepare progress / productivity reports
- Review and update progress measurement system
- Analyse variations in progress & productivity and provide reasons for shortfall in progress and productivity
- Collate and prepare weekly and monthly reports
- Prepare manhour reports, staffing plan, rostering and cost reports
- Generate status and exception reports
- Support project invoicing
- Support Corporate in preparing various reports
- Any other tasks assigned by the project or department
Wood has a current need for an Electrical Engineer to join our Oil & Gas office in Perth Western Australia.
The position will support Wood's Oil & Gas (LNG) contracts in Australia with involvement in "green field" and "brown field" projects. It is envisaged that this role with have significant development pathways as the Wood organisation in Perth WA continues to grow
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Australian experience,
- Oil & Gas industry experience, Ideally Offshore and Onshore sector.
- Brownfield and site experience. Shut-downs & offshore experience preferred.
- Strong engineering experience including power generation, power distribution (MV & LV), equipment specification (i.e. Power Transformers, MV & LV motors and drives, MV & LV switchgear, cabling, etc),
- Power systems studies using ETAP or SKM experience,
- Procurement, construction and commissioning experience.
Are you interested in making it possible? Breeze in here like a breath of fresh air.
That’s our wood brand! If you are excited about making a difference and making things possible; Wood is the place to be. Currently we are looking for a HR Advisor on a fixed term contract in our Brisbane office to join our team to support a mix of blue collar and white-collar workforces.
What you’ll be doing:
- Being hands on where you will proactively partners with the businesses and its stakeholders, to enable delivery of strategic business objectives and HR cyclical activities
- Collaborating with internal teams to ensure growth agenda is serving the needs of the whole company. Use data to inform, influence, support business decisions
- You will advise and support with respect to people matters, especially: employee engagement, leadership development, Organisational structure and design, workforce planning and management, remuneration, team development and a big focus on leadership coaching
- You will be instrumental in driving programs of work to develop the culture, grow capability and increase employee engagement. You will have passion to make a positive impact on people’s working lives, and thrive in an environment where plans are ambitious, there is ambiguity and you need to make trade-offs with your workload to keep multiple balls in the air, at the same time. As well as managing projects and initiatives, you will drive and communicate cyclical activities across the division