Click column header to sort
Wood is currently recruiting for a IT Business Partner(APAC) who is the IT focal point for for APAC region business and is responsible for performing numerous functions to support the delivery of IT to the businesses within Wood. The Business Partner will be part of a team of business partners who are responsible for the delivery of IT services and projects across their relevant business group. The Business Partner will also be accountable for the following:
- Be a deliverer of the IT function strategy
- Maintain a solid understanding of the business service lines to inform the IT strategy and leverage current and emerging technologies to meet short and long-term business goals and objectives
- Articulate the IT strategy to the business demonstrating where it can bring additional benefit to the business
- Service Assurance:
- Escalation point for all service issues across their business for both the business and their IT team
- Continually seek out and drive areas for service and process improvement, but with a financial responsibility to ensure the service is fit-for-purpose
- Proactively seek feedback on IT performance from the business and share improvement opportunities with the IT service leaders
- Project Delivery
- Escalation point for all projects across their business for both the business and their IT team, and accountable for successful delivery
- Be the project focal point for the business, and monitor the cost and schedule across the relevant business portfolio
- Provide an accurate business portfolio pipeline lookahead / forecast to assist in project resourcing and prioritisation
- For each project ensure a clear and unambiguous business charter and scope is defined and facilitate the requirements gathering
- Ensure project deliverables meet the stated business needs
- Ensure the volume, quality, delivery performance and business value of the project throughput is captured and shared with the business
- Responsible for identifying early capture and challenge of suggested changes in requirements of in-flight projects due to change in the business requirements
- IT Bid Support
- Act as the focal point for Pursuit Manager or Pursuit Lead on all IT input to bid
- Work closely with all areas of IT to ensure accurate and timely input to bids of all IT services required
- Ensure each assigned bid gets the necessary support from IT and develop and maintain a database of IT bid deliverables including solutioning and pricing to streamline the bid process
- Ensure the business understand how IT services and hardware are delivered to ensure successful project start-up
- Communications and Awareness:
- Disseminate key messages, policy changes and high-level initiatives to user community
- Key focal point for project and service requests from the senior leaders in the business
- Share best practice and provide direction across the business on how to engage and consume IT services
- Constantly develop strong relationships with the other leaders and their teams within the IT function, including outsourcing partners, to embrace and portray a one-team mentality
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Manager to join Wood’s Decommissioning business, to be based in our Westlakes office in Cumbria near to Sellafield.
The Decommissioning business provides design, engineering, construction and project management services for major clients across the civil nuclear industry, including Sellafield and LLWR.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you, as an Engineering Manager to support a range of interesting and challenging projects in one or more areas.
- To provide technical management of a project portfolio and the provision of SQEP resources to meet the cost, programme and quality requirements of the defined tasks and deliverables.
- To be responsible for the delivery of technical solutions that are value engineered, constructible and meet all appropriate regulatory requirements
- To be the principal focal point for liaison with Client Engineering Management Personnel
- To support all business processes, engineering systems, configuration management, nuclear and conventional safety, quality and output.
- To support the Project Manager to achieve project delivery and interface with the client’s PEM
- To ensure compliance to Wood/JV internal procedures, client Technical Standards, procedures and British/European/International standards as appropriate
- This person must be capable of working without direct supervision and have the ability to translate a client requirement into a meaningful engineering solution
- Maintain an overview of the projects and provide direction on project process, communications and consistency of approach
- Promote a good working relationship between the Client and the business
- Good communication and negotiation skills are essential and the aptitude to drive a team of engineers is crucial. Engineering design experience is fundamental as is nuclear experience
- Provision of leading technical expertise valued by clients, being a recognised authority in specialised areas and maintaining ‘front edge’ capability in developing techniques and standards within area of expertise
- Provision of cost effective engineering solutions and high quality customer service
- Proactively providing mentoring and training for staff as required for the benefit of the project and business
- Maintaining and developing customer relationships, through reputation, knowledge, experience and excellent delivery, to encourage follow on and new work within the skill area, to promote future business
- To lead multiple discipline teams having responsibility for quality oversight and governance through execution of designated work packages within defined projects to standards of safety, cost, quality and time
- To manage, supervise, monitor and develop the team to ensure effective outputs
- To support development of the local engineering capability – specifically C&S engineering
- Detailed knowledge of safety systems, HAZOP/HAZCON and engineering substantiation
- Supporting engineering input of the bidding process, including task and deliverable identification
- Supporting Substantiation and review of existing designs
- Assists in the management of projects, setting standards for the team which reflect good and safe practice, ensuring resource (financial and people) and information allocations are sufficient to complete specified tasks
- Freedom of action to make independent decisions but within well established and clearly defined policies
- Compliance with all legislative, regulatory and company policy, standards and procedures e.g. safety, quality, risk, security etc. applicable to the role
- Provide advice and guidance on issues to the Engineering/Project team
- Active involvement in improvement initiatives/projects
- To ensure the Design Intent is met for the design packages produced
- To identify major technical uncertainties and provide suitable solutions and advice
- To integrate and communicate effectively with other disciplines
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Fire Protection Engineer.
- Carry out fire protection work and related activities as assigned in project
- Prepare the fire protection deliverables as assigned in project
- Assist other disciplines in accordance with Project requirements
- Participate in design review meetings in accordance with Project requirements
Wood is currently recruiting a PAS Engineer with extensive experience in automation and control to support our projects in Woking. The PAS Engineer will be responsible for the implementation of customised complex and/or standard engineering solutions, usually representing significant portions, (work packages) of a large project, to successful completion and within budgeted time and cost constraints. To support the implementation of projects in line with company objectives including continuous improvement of margin, customer satisfaction, schedule, working capital and safety performance.
- Provides Expertise in at least one Automation Technical Area
- Plays a primary role in defining Automation and Controls deliverable requirement and system design
- Supports the Principal Automation Engineer in accomplishing project objectives
- Leads project sub-teams during system design and implementation
- Applies integration concepts to a wide variety of systems and across multiple vendor platforms
- Leads technical aspects of automation project design and / or implementation
- Experience of Honeywell Experion
- Leads the configuration, database and/or programming activities
- Typical duties include but not limited to:
- PCS I/O Assignments
- PCS Software Template Assignments
- PCS FS/DDS
- PCS Configuration
- Control Narrative Review
- Internal PCS FAT Lead
- Customer PCS FAT Lead
- Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents and material and equipment specifications
- Resolves speciality related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions have an opportunity for a motivated and client focused individual to join our Bristol office and contribute to our successful and expanding remediation and ground engineering team. The successful candidate will join our growing team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technically excellent solutions.
We have an opportunity for a contaminated land / geoenvironmental professional supporting our broad range of public and private sector clients on a variety of projects, within the UK, Europe and globally. Key requirements include technical knowledge and robustness, flexibility and the desire to continue improving performance in all aspects of your role.
We are working on some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
- Delivery of technical elements of projects and proposals within agreed budgets in relation to time, cost and quality
- Management of site works, including specifying and managing ground investigation contracts
- Development of remediation options appraisals and strategies, management of remediation contractors is desirable
- Ensuring that all work is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards
Wood is currently recruiting for a Contaminated Land Assistant Consultant to join and contribute to our successful and expanding remediation and ground engineering team in our London.. We are seeking to grow our world class team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technical excellence both we and our clients expect.
We have an opportunity for a graduate or a recent professional to join and contribute to one of the largest and most successful remediation and ground engineering teams in the UK/Europe. We are seeking to grow our world class team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technical excellence both we and our clients expect. We are involved in many key projects of regional and national significance, which we deliver alongside our core UK and global framework projects.
- Site based support of ground investigations, including supervision of sub-contractors.
- Field work including soil logging and sampling, groundwater sampling and ground gas monitoring.
- Data collation, review and interpretation.
- Preparation of factual and interpretative desk study and ground investigation reports.
- Ensuring that all work is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards.
Wood is currently looking to recruit a Graduate Structural Integrity Engineeer. This position is available for graduates with a Master’s Degree or PhD.
The positions currently available are for our headquarters in Aberdeen from where we deliver projects to numerous customers on a worldwide basis. The majority of these projects are for the upstream, exploration and production, energy sector.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly and dynamic team of highly experienced engineers and analysts. With a strong emphasis on continuing professional development, and chartership. Full training for the role will be provided.
Area of responsibility
- Performing structural analysis of fixed and floating offshore assets.
- Linear-elastic, fatigue, ultimate strength, and dynamic analyses.
- Supporting structural integrity management projects.
- Carrying out structural engineering calculations.
- Carrying out risk based inspection and reliability analysis.
- Writing technical reports and presentations, communication with clients and 3rd
- Developing your knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and industry best practice.
- Developing your competency in the use of various analysis packages.
- Providing support to the tendering process.
- Take on reasonability for management and delivery of your projects.
Are you looking for your next step to help drive your career forward with the breadth and scale of skills you need to become a market best, delivered by working alongside key market specialists and blue-chip companies? To enable this, you will need to be part of a dynamic and growing organisation with a market leading pedigree, with the breadth and scale of projects and specialists to challenge and develop you.
Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions has a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, highly skilled and solution focused contaminated land / geoenvironmental professional to join and contribute to one of the largest and most successful remediation and ground engineering teams in the UK/Europe. We are seeking to grow our world class team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technical excellence both we and our clients expect. We are involved in many key projects of regional and national significance, which we deliver alongside our core UK and global framework projects.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, highly skilled and solution focused contaminated land / geoenvironmental professional to join and contribute to one of the largest and most successful remediation and ground engineering teams in the UK/Europe. We are seeking to grow our world class team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technical excellence both we and our clients expect. Our strong and solid order book enables us to invest in our teams through both project related experience and core technical/commercial training.
- Leading technical elements of projects and proposals to agreed budgets in relation to time, cost and quality.
- Management of medium/large scale geoenvironmental projects or tasks.
- Supervision of technical delivery, ensuring a high quality output.
- Leading interpretation and assessment of data to support site appraisals, including checking work undertaken by others.
- Leading site teams across a range of projects.
- Development of HSSE plans and RAMS.
- Identifying and securing new work opportunities.
- Support in the management of regional resources, with the potential for direct staff management
- Ensuring that all work is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards.
Wood is currently looking to recruit a Graduate Structural Integrity Engineer to join its Aberdeen based team.
This position is available for graduates with an HND or Bachelor’s degree.The position is located in our headquarters in Aberdeen from where we deliver projects to numerous clients on a worldwide basis. The majority of these projects are for the upstream, exploration and production, energy sector.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly and dynamic team of highly experienced engineers. With a strong emphasis on continuing professional development. Full training for the role will be provided.
Area of responsibility
- Supporting structural integrity management projects.
- Writing integrity reports and inspection scopes.
- Maintaining inspection databases.
- Reviewing inspection results.
- Developing your knowledge of industry standards and best practice.
- Developing your knowledge of new and emergent inspection technology.
- Assisting with other departmental tasks as required.
Wood has an opportunity for a Technical Assistant to work at our Head Office in Reading on a existing project for 6 months.
- To provide comprehensive administrative support to the project
- Distribution of document transmittals/attachments within the group
- Assist in the preparation of action notes to the Client
- Assist in the distribution of action notes received from the Client
- Maintain log of documents sent to and received from third parties and Client
- Assist in downloading and printing of CAD drawings
- Maintain filing system including photocopying and distribution of technical documents
- Data input to Access databases, and extraction of reports as necessary
Wood has an opportunity for a Principal Control and Instrumentation Engineer in Reading on a contract basis. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of project work, in accordance with the Discipline Design Instructions, including Wood and/or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control, within the man-hour, cost budgets and the project schedule targets.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, able to work independently, and have demonstrable leadership qualities. They will be confident in their own ability to deliver the Control and Instrumentation scope on a project on time and within budget, while facilitating effective work share with other execution centres around the world.
- Develop specification and prepare material requisitions for control systems, instruments, control valves and all other instruments
- Issue material requisitions to the Material Management Department for enquiry, order placement and for any subsequent revisions
- Prepare the Master Requisition Index and update and issue it on a regular basis
- Review Vendors' quotations, prepare technical quotation evaluation and recommend the final technically acceptable Vendor, in conjunction with Materials Management Department commercial quotation evaluation. Technically approve Order Variation Summaries
- Hold co-ordination meetings and engineering review meetings with Vendors of major equipment as required
- Liaise with other Groups and Client as necessary
- Assess progress and procedure associated reports and input to the DMS. Derive and suggest plans to recover slippage, correct inefficiency and to take any resulting agreed actions
- Advise the Chief / Principal Instrument Engineer of any major slippages and their causes, all policy matters, major technical problems and unresolved differences with other Groups, and requests for changes by the Client which may constitute a contract change
- Assist in the preparation of Auxiliary Flow Diagrams as necessary
- Establish and maintain a filing system of project documents
- Arrange for the transfer of records to storage, microfilming and for destruction
- Prepare, check, approve and provide technical input into project deliverables to the required quality standards in conformance with or better than, the approved budget and programme
- To provide relevant knowledgeable practical skills in the response and actions for:
- Site visits and site surveys
- Site queries and discussions
- Supplier, vendor, contractor, client and site related discussions
- Site based activities
- To prepare and support discipline contributions to Proposals including:
- Interpretation of the discipline technical content of the Enquiry and understanding the relationship with other disciplines
- Advise Proposal Manager of any omissions, anomalies, inconsistencies or interpretations and develop these to a conclusion
- Definition of activities and deliverables
- Prepare discipline man-hour estimates
- Liaise with the Estimating Group on the preparation of equipment cost estimates and installation work content
- Contribution to Proposal’s discipline write up
Wood is currently looking to recruit a Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer to provide specialist support to Oil and Gas, Refining and Petrochemical Projects. The Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer will be responsible for the following activities:
- Providing advice on the selection of rotating equipment
- Specification of pumps, compressors and other rotating equipment, including drivers, seal and lube systems by preparing Technical Specifications and Mechanical Data Sheet.
- Preparation Enquiry Requisitions
- Technical evaluation / clarification of supplier bids
- Technical supervision of supplier design and control of supplier interface, plus the co-ordination of interfaces with other engineering disciplines
- Review of Supplier documentation for integration within Project design, such as GA / Details / Calculations and Fabrication Procedures
- Provide specialist input to design reviews, risk assessments and constructability reviews
- Support Inspection and Testing of Equipment , attend testing for critical equipment
- Support Construction and Commissioning
- Technical support for installation and commissioning
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Package Equipment Engineer to be based in our Reading office on a large FEED for a Middle Eastern Petrochemical Project. The role will be on a temporary (agency) basis.
- Preparation of data sheets for vendor packages ( including process packages, water treatment plant, fired heaters , flares and boilers)
- Preparation of enquiry requisitions for Long Lead Items
- Review and evaluation of equipment suppliers’ bids for Long Lead Items and preparation of bid evaluation reports
- Preparation of budget enquiries to support estimate
- Provision of support and advice on Package equipment matters
Wood is currently recruiting for a Electrical Engineer to join our Engineering Team in Turkey.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Execute assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures, codes and standards
- Prepare / develop single line diagrams, schematic diagrams, functional and interlock diagrams
- Carry out electrical system studies and calculations including short circuit, load flow, cable sizing, illumination level, protective relay coordination, etc.
- Prepare electrical job specifications and data-sheets
- Prepare material requisitions for electrical equipment and perform technical bid evaluations as per relevant practices
- Review suppliers' drawings and documentation as per relevant practices
- Prepare requisitions for construction subcontract and perform technical bid evaluations as per relevant practices
- Coordination with other disciplines including Mechanical, Piping, Civil, Instrumentation and Automation and Process Engineering
- Ensure timely production of deliverables
Wood is looking for a Senior Buyer to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq. The successful candidate will be working on a 28 days on / 28 days off rotation.
- Responsible for the procurement of allocated commodities of the required quality at lowest cost consistent with material requisitions, departmental and project requirements and at correct delivery point within scheduled time limits
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of supply chain activities as determined by project strategy, processes and procedures
- Ensure personnel carry out purchasing activities have a clear understanding of processes and procedures
- Manage and monitor the more challenging and complex packages and / or suppliers
- Provide pre-order management that facilitates “on time” issue of awards
- Update Procurement Status report from receipt of material requisition till the issue and acknowledgement of Purchase Order
- Assist SCM in preparation of Vendor list
- Develop contacts with Suppliers' personnel
- Maintain the respect of Suppliers and their representatives by adherence to code of conduct and business ethics, corporate policies, procedures and work practices
- Maintain awareness of the materials supply situation including area sources, price levels and current deliveries. Advise the Supply Chain Manager and/or Manager, Purchasing of possible new sources of supply
- When requested contribute to current and projected price and delivery trends
- When requested carry out spare parts co-ordination activities in accordance with the Project Procurement Execution Plan
- Prepare and issue Strategy Paper and obtain necessary approvals
- Prepare and issue request for quotation, progress, check and evaluate quotations
- Liaise between engineering and supplier for closure of technical queries
- Prepare commercial bid tabulation and order variations and make recommendations
- Ensure recommended Supplier’s final price on commercial bid tabulation is under budget and delivery is within required on site dates
- Arrange and attend pre-order meetings with Suppliers to confirm that all technical and commercial requirements will be met
- Issue notes of meetings in accordance with project distribution matrix
- Submit Commercial Bid evaluation and recommendation for award after technical approval for client approval
- Prepare and issue purchase orders as per the approved recommendation
- Facilitate certification of Supplier’s Invoice as per the agreed milestone payment terms including settlement of back charges, discrepancies and final close out of Purchase Order
- Demonstrate commitment to safe working practices Wood Vision, Value and Behaviours
Responsible for Plumbing and Fire Fighting system design in chemical plants,such as petrochemical, fine chemical, pharma plants fields,etc. Lead the discipline design as the project requirements.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Manager - Pipelines to form part of our project team in our Melbourne CBD Office on a 12 months contract. Reporting to the Delivery lead, the ideal candidate would act as the main client interface and manage a team to deliver an EPC project to scope, cost and schedule. Experience with management of fast tracked project delivery and working with previous oil and gas service providers would be preferred.
- Project manage a full EPC delivery team and subcontractors to deliver projects from front end design, through detailed design, procurement, construction, hand over and close-out Bottom line responsibility for the financial and technical success of a project
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Statement of Requirements throughout the phasing of the project from concept, detail design, and site implementation
- Implementation of the company quality management system for the project.
Wood Nuclear is recruiting for a Safety Case Engineer in the early years of their career to be based at our offices in Birchwood, Warrington.
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and be committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Our company has a wide range of exciting safety case work and you will be joining a team that works in all areas of the nuclear industry. The team takes a special interest in decommissioning and support to Sellafield Ltd, it has supported all UK Generic Design Assessments for new nuclear build, has staff supporting defence work, has involvement in the ITER project, and we can offer experience on the assurance side as well as safety case production: we pride ourselves on the rounded ability of the team.
The successful candidate will be a junior safety case consultant, or equivalent experience, who can help our customers develop robust safety justifications for their plant and operations. You will have the opportunity to undertake safety assessments and prepare safety cases for nuclear and other high hazard processes, initially under the supervision of more senior colleagues, and then as your experience grows on your own.
Wood is committed to the continuing professional development of our staff and your development will be overseen by one of your senior colleagues. In joining Wood, you will be part of a well-motivated, multidisciplinary team with a broad age and experience profile. You will have excellent opportunities to progress by furthering your technical capabilities and broadening into the wider interests of our company.
You will be involved in delivering a diverse range of consultancy projects for our customers mainly in the nuclear sector. Key aspects of the role are listed below.
- Preparation of safety assessments and supporting references;
- Participation in safety case workshops/seminars;
- Analysing problems, discussing and developing solutions with colleagues and customers;
- Engagement with partners, suppliers and customers;
- Checking work of other team members;Delivering work to time, cost and quality to ensure customer satisfaction
Wood Nuclear are looking to recruit a Senior Materials Testing Consultant who has in-depth, specialist knowledge and experience of one or more of Creep, Fatigue and Fracture Toughness. The successful candidate will join the Materials and Component Research Laboratory team with duties including:
- Managing a wide variety of structural integrity testing programmes for customers who operate safety critical structures.
- Supervision and guidance for less experienced staff in various aspects of materials testing
- Analysis and interpretation of test results and verification of data and reports.
- Interfacing with customers to ensure that their needs are satisfied and identifying opportunities for future business.
- Our customers come from a wide range of industries, predominantly from the nuclear and conventional power generation sectors, but also aerospace and automotive.
The successful candidate will have good practical engineering understanding and experience of working in an engineering laboratory environment to strict quality assurance requirements and following appropriate codes and standards.
Undertake the technical manager role for a variety of materials testing projects covering tensile, fatigue, creep, creep crack growth, fracture toughness testing and other bespoke testing activities.
Mentoring and coaching technicians and consultants and ensure good working practices are maintained.
Analysing problems, discussing and developing solutions with colleagues and the customer.
Liaising with external suppliers.
Delivering work to time, cost and quality to meet customer expectations.
Checking and verifying the work of colleagues.
Developing relationships with customers, identifying business opportunities and driving the development and production of contract proposals and bids.
Wood is currently recruiting for Technical Safety Engineer based in Abu Dhabi for permanent contract.
- Carry-out Engineering activities within the Tech. Safety Department and day-to-day issues in a major, schedule driven, modification project, while attending to the technical and planning issues necessary for timely completion in accordance with overall integrated construction/commissioning schedule
- Provide discipline expertise during trouble shooting in project commissioning phases.
- Carry-out (CTR) estimates.
- Develop project risk registers defining key risks to start-up of the overall project and its constituent projects.
- Develop verification requirements to determine the probability of risk occurrence.
- Review results of verifications and advise on required mitigations to overcome foreseen risks to project start-up.
- Define requirements for and participate in assurance activities to assess effectiveness in closure of risks
- Adjudicate in decision making for mitigation.
- Responsible of the provision of Tech. Safety Engineering services in support of project scope of work delivery.\
- Ensuring that the work is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the current releases of any company/client or statutory design, codes, standards or procedures.
- Input to Scope of Work and Basis of Design.