Click column header to sort
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Instrument Engineer to join our team in Baku, Azerbaijan. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality projects to our client’s requirements.
This represents an excellent opportunity for individuals interested to work in Azerbaijan, with most assignments expected to be for at least one year’s duration with the opportunity of further extension for the right candidates.
- Responsible of the provision of instrument & control engineering services in support of project scope of work delivery
- Ensuring that the work is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the current releases of any company/client or statutory design, codes, standards or procedures
- Familiar with IPF/SIL classification methodologies is required. Experience with Yokogawa/Honeywell ICSS systems is strongly preferred.
- Read P & ID's and & identify instrument draughting content
- Prepare instrument hook-ups (process/pneumatic/hydraulic)
- Identify field termination requirements & prepare appropriate drawings
- understand requirements for cable segregation (analogue/digital/IS & non IS)
- Prepare accurate material take offs
- Ability to correctly size cables & complimentary field termination details
- From site survey prepare equipment fixing details & accurately identify suitable cable lengths & routes
- Prepare instrument loop diagrams to aid commissioning
- Understand cause & effect diagrams and their preparation
- Understand and be able to prepare logic diagrams
- Produce cable schedules to reflect length/size glanding requirements etc.
- Awareness of fire & gas systems and the requirements for specific detector types
Wood is currently looking for a Telecommunication Engineer to work on the engineering and project management services.We are committed to managing the program from our Al-Khobar office where the project management team will be based for the duration of the contract.
- Provide telecommunication discipline expertise in support of the client’s team for the FEED engineering of the petrochemical facilities
- Work independently and coordinate with other disciplines to complete the telecommunications design
- Be aware and conscious of contractual issues as per Wood guidelines
- Design and install OSP cabling and communication hardware
Wood is currently recruiting for a Security System Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Define the technical requirements and scope for all technical and physical security systems to be delivered within the programme of work to ensure a site-wide fully integrated security system is designed, approved and accepted
- Ensure the EPR security design and specifications are interpreted correctly and new designs are up to date, fit for purpose, and meet regulations and requirements
- Ensure detailed documented records are created and maintained to ensure future clarity of the process and outcomes
- Support the delivery of the program activities to ensure they are delivered safely, on time, to budget, meeting business & technical requirements
- Monitor the progress of the program - track progress against milestones, deadlines, and provide key stakeholders with reports on these matters
- Anticipate, manage and resolve issues within the program. Identify risks and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised, develop and update the programme, and escalate any issues to the Engineering Manager
- Interface with other programs to ensure a high-level view of how the total project is progressing to identify and adopt the use of best practice
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all project team members
Wood is currently looking for a Principal Process Control Engineer to work on the engineering and project management services for our office in al - Khobar in Saudi Arabia. This represents an excellent development opportunity for individuals interested to work in Saudi Arabia, with most assignments expected to be for at least one year’s duration with the opportunity of further extension for the right candidates.
- Responsible for the co - ordination and progress of process control applications design for one or more projects, as assigned, under the supervision of the Process / Engineering / Project Manager
- Participate after contract award in discussions with Client to assess and assist in the definition of user requirements. Prepare Process Control and Operations Philosophy document incorporating user requirements. Carry out site surveys and technical investigations
- Review and develop Process Flow Diagrams, Engineering Flow Diagrams and develop the control schemes to fully utilise the capabilities of modern microprocessor control systems. Show additional instrumentation required to implement these control strategies in conjunction with Process Engineers and Instrument and Engineering Group (Engineering Department). Assess the economic payback of such schemes
- Solve process control applications problem that are recognised during development of the Front End Package or detailed engineering, using dynamic simulation if necessary
- Assist Control Systems Engineer by preparing the process requirements for the control system and (if needed) process control computer. Prepare Complex Control Scheme Descriptions and / or Process Specifications showing the requirements of the loops including signal linearisation and multiplication, division ratio
- Provide constants associated with mathematic and other process control data. Hold discussions with the Client to clarify control strategy, operating philosophies, manning requirements, generation of management reports and process information displays
- Prepare Sequence Descriptions and Logic Diagrams (flowcharts) for sequencing operations and batch control. Participate in Hazop and SIL Reviews during detailed engineering
- Determine loop algorithms and initial controller settings for critical complex loops by simulation where necessary
- Develop control system graphics and process information displays such as energy balances and equipment process performance monitoring
- Assist the Control Systems Engineer with the control system factory acceptance test at the Supplier's works
- Specify and coordinate the work of Process Control Applications Software Suppliers. Prepare test data and carry out acceptance tests
- Assist the Principal / Senior Commissioning Engineer in the preparation of Operating Manuals. Provide site assistance at start up, with operator training, loop tuning during commissioning and hand over to Client
- Ensure that Process Control calculations and other documents are filed in the proper manner at the conclusion of design work. Ensure that any items of technical information of lasting interest and use which become available during the design of a project are incorporated in Process Control Section Group Files
- Familiar with the current application of computer systems to Amec Foster Wheeler's business and endeavour to optimise their use and development within the project / department budget, both to solve technical problems and to promote the effective management of information. These systems will include the application of CAD, PDS, DMRS and SMILE etc
- Assist Control Systems Engineer to prepare control system enquiry requisition by providing user requirements (contained in Process Control and Operations Philosophy) and assist in Technical Bid Analysis
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Estimator to be included in its Fired Heaters Division
The candidate will be responsible to perform the complete cost estimate activities on the Fired Heaters equipment
In details the Key Responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the complete estimate of the Fired Heaters equipment and its sub-components
- Liason with Fired Heaters specialists
We are looking to recruit two key positions to support our growth in international ESIA works and need to recruit a number of staff with varying levels of experience within this broad requirements. We're looking for experience in the management of EIA’s or ESIA with a strong track record in the oil and gas sector.
Post will be based in the UK (initially Reading) but experience of delivery of non–UK projects is essential, ideally this experience will include works within the Middle East. This should include projects undertaken both in-line with IFC performance standards and to local national legislative regimes.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior PDMS Piping Designer for a 6 month contract based in our Aberdeen offices.
- Coaching and mentoring as delegated.
- Supervision of Graduate Engineers. Provides input to the performance management of direct reports.
- Manage and supervise direct reports.
- Process Ownership:
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific Procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Participate in audits and incident investigations as required.
- Subject Matter Expertise:
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Provide discipline support to the business.
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct reports.
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution.Deputising for Principal as required.
- Executing assigned personal objectives.
- Interact with multi-discipline Engineering Teams.
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports.
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery.
Wood is currently looking for a Cost Engineer to work on the engineering and project management services for an Unconventional Gas Development Program in Saudi Arabia. We are committed to managing the program from our Al - Khobar office where the project management team will be based for the duration of the contract. This represents an excellent development opportunity for individuals interested to work in Saudi Arabia, with most assignments expected to be for at least one year’s duration with the opportunity of further extension for the right candidates.
We have been awarded contracts by our client for the provision of engineering and project management services for their Unconventional Gas Development Program. The program covers current field development in three different parts of Saudi Arabia with potential further field developments to be added later as the Program develops and expands. The Unconventional Gas development program is focused on increasing gas production via the development of shale gas and tight gas resources in the Kingdom. The new sources of gas are intended to displace middle and heavy distillate fuels currently used in power generation within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Leading the development of cost estimates prepared by contractors during Conceptual & FEED phases including developing Estimate Basis Memorandums and Estimate Confidence Packages
- Preparing cost estimates for contract variations including the review and evaluation of contractor submitted variations
- Leading the review and assessment of variations with contractors through to agreement and conclusion of the related variation order
- Working with Quantity Surveyor and Discipline engineers to validate the scope of work, BOQs and MTOs for all variations and additional scope items from the relevant supporting project drawings and obtain BOQs / MTOs endorsement by Company’s discipline engineers
- Analyzing work activities, manpower and GCC productivities in generating new work unit rates with Contractors
- Coordinating with project Commercial to obtain local market quotes and trend to estimate cost for any variations or additional works
- Reviewing / Participating in the preparation of annual client Business Plan and related cost quarterly cost forecasts
- Leading the development of bid check estimates and cost breakdown structure to be used for commercial evaluation and tendering
- Providing analysis of contract payment terms and related cash flow
- Participating in the preparation of Business Cases and in developing required cost justification assessments for approval by Senior Management
- Conducting peer reviews of in - house Project Cost Estimates
- Establishing and implementing Project cost estimating database for benchmarking and reference
- Leading the development, review, analysis and evaluation of costs related to contractor claims and identify potential cost risk events and evaluate related cost impact
- Assisting in the preparation of the final project close - out report and fixed asset register
Wood in Staines are currently recruiting Principal Piping Designers with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry using PDMS. These roles will be on a contract basis.
Carrying out various piping activities and preparation of deliverables as necessary on their appointed project:
- Pipe routing and equipment layouts using the AVEVA PDMS software package
- Preparation and issue of 2D deliverables – Plot Plans and elevations, Piping GAs, Isometrics
- Signing drawings and documents as originator/checker in accordance with correct procedures
- Ensuring engineering and design quality, technical accuracy of drawings, material quantities etc
- Execution of assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures and client and project standards
- Adhering to Wood engineering procedures for design safety and adopting safe attitudes towards engineering design and raising features affecting the safety and integrity of the project with appropriate authorities
- Correct interpretation and implementation of all piping CAD and system related functions in their appointed area
Wood is currently recruiting an experienced Project Planner who will be responsible for the planning and scheduling functions of our Minor Capital Projects delivered for Melbourne Water. As part of Wood planning team, this position reports to the Lead Planner and will be involved in all aspects of project planning and scheduling. This position is on a permanent basis with Wood working on the Melbourne Water contract and primarily based at the office located in Brooklyn. The role involves travel as required to other Melbourne Water sites such as Western Treatment Plant, Werribee, Winneke Water Treatment Plant, Christmas Hills, and Eastern Treatment Plant, Bangholme.
- Focuses on project delivery and adoption of best practices in the area of planning and scheduling
- Supports the implementation of project schedule management program that provides an accurate reflection of project performance at a project and program level
- Reports to Lead Planner and provides all planning and scheduling support to project focal points, project and delivery managers and supervisors
- Develop project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and agree with project stakeholders
- Prepare and update Project schedules in Primavera P6 based on scope of work, time line requirements and interaction with the team(including engineering, construction, hook up and commissioning)
- Resource loading in schedules and analyse periodically to level the resource requirements
- As a good team player, actively develops relationships with customers and Wood entities via regular contact and involvement
- Hold meetings with the project delivery teams to prepare and update project schedules
- Monitor overall project progress, assess impact of client interface milestones on Wood plans and share relevant Wood milestone data with client through appropriate controls
We have an excellent opportunity for a stakeholder engagement/communications specialist or planner with postgraduate experience to join our successful and well-respected consultation and stakeholder engagement team in either London or Bristol.
The role would see you delivering consultation, stakeholder engagement and communications strategies for infrastructure projects and developments across the UK and joining a growing team of specialists within this discipline.
You would support the implementation of best-practice consultation, stakeholder engagement and communications strategies on behalf of both public and private sector clients for some of the most high-profile projects in the UK.
This role wound involve working on an exciting portfolio of well-known projects for developers such as National Grid and Heathrow Airport as well as agencies such as the Planning Advisory Service and the Homes and Communities Agency.
This is a great opportunity to join our growing team and to shape your future career within one of the country’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies.
You will be responsible for supporting the consultation and stakeholder engagement team in the development and implementation of consultation strategies for external clients, the delivery of community and wider stakeholder consultations and engagement events and the production of communications materials and reports.
The role requires a good understanding of the requirements for consultation, communications and engagement with a range of stakeholders, good written and verbal communication skills, efficient time management and the careful handling of client relationships.
Your main responsibilities within this role would include:
- Assisting with the production and implementation of stakeholder engagement strategies, advertising strategies and social media strategies
- Supporting internal and external engagement, consultation and communications teams in the development and delivery of consultation material
- Formulating and attending programmes of public drop-in consultation events, working within specific budgets and timeframes and coordinating internal and external colleagues from all technical disciplines
- Preparing communication materials such as web copy, brochures, newsletters and exhibition boards
- Assisting with analysing consultation feedback and writing consultation feedback reports
- Supporting the day to day management of client relationships and external agencies
Wood is currently recruiting for a Distributed Control System (DCS) Engineer with automation and control system design experience preferable in the Nuclear industry.
The main duties and responsibilities of the DCS Engineer will be :
- To develop the detailed technical solutions typically associated with the replacement of existing /obsolete Distributed Control Systems
- To define scopes of work, costs and schedules
- To support the transition from concept/FEED to execution.
- To implement engineering solutions typically required to solving obsolescence, disaster recovery, cyber security and technology road maps aligned with OEM development plans
- To provide input to project execution planning
- To undertake site surveys, confirm accuracy of existing documentation
- To attend customer meetings such as the kick off, progress meetings, technical clarifications, queries, close out and lesson learned sessions
- To typically act as the interface between the project and customer organisation at a technical level
- To coordinate, expedite and undertake the review of Vendor documentation in accordance with project procedures
- To prepare Test Procedures
- To prepare Detail Design Specifications
- To prepare DCS configuration
- To prepare HMI configuraiton
- To promote and comply with Wood and Client’s HSSE policies and procedures
- To champion of Wood's Quality Program and Procedures
- To take reasonable care of your own health and safety and of others who may be affected by your actions
- Not to misuse any equipment and report any damaged equipment
- To report all injuries, incidents and near misses and to proactively support our behavioural based observation system
Applicants must be British or EEA national and have resided in the UK continuously for a minimum of 5 years and be eligible for National securtiy clearance.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Measurement Engineer based in the Clean Energy offices in Glasgow.
The principle responsibilities of this post include:
- On and offshore meteorological (met) mast, data logger and instrumentation installation, commissioning and operations & maintenance.
- On and offshore remote sensing equipment deployment and maintenance.
- Data recovery, screening and reporting.
- Power performance testing equipment installation and commissioning.
- Meteorological equipment pre-assembly, testing and maintenance.
- Project management duties, including:
- Proposal and report writing.
- Production of safe systems of work documentation.
- Equipment specification and procurement.
- Liaising with Client.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Engineer - Process with relevant experience in the refinery, oil and gas and petrochemical industry.
- Prepare and check PFD and HMB
- Prepare and check P&ID, UDD, MSD, PSFS and C&E diagrams
- Review and check the design for vessel, pump, line and control valve as per standards and tools
- Review and check the safety valve relief load calculation (as per API standard)
- Review and check data sheets for equipment, packages, instruments, CVs and PSVs
- Prepare design basis, philosophy and control narrative
- Conduct dynamic simulation study, transient study, surge study, Minimum Metal Design Temperature (MDMT) study, etc.
- Conduct depressurization studies, flare load estimation and flare system design
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines, vendors and client
Wood is currently recruiting for Site Material Controller with site - based experience for a contract position in Umkomaas, KwaZulu Natal.
- Handle all the accomplishment of all duties delegated by the Procurement Manager
- Handle technical supervision of all material control activities in the FWSA Home Office and at sites, ensuring the correct set up and operation of the selected material control systems
- Ensure that correct material control procedures and work practices are in use and adhered to
- Handle selection and training of suitable FWSA Home Office and site material controllers to meet requirements
- Ensure provision of advice and guidance to managers on material control activities and policy
- Ensure communication with FWEL Manager Material Control to keep abreast of developments in material control
Woods nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients andcommitted to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment
Wood is recruiting for a Conventional Safety Advisor with extensive experience in the indetification of hazards and mitigation of HSSE risks across all stages of the project life cycle. This role will be based in Gloucester.
- Implementing HSSE policies, systems and procedures consistently across projects to deliver HSSE excellence.
- Supporting a robust HSSE assurance process
- Technically supporting bids and providing bespoke technical advice.
- Providing HSSE advice to Managers and Staff
- Supporting and driving HSSE standardisationManaging/ conducting HSSE auditing – internal and 3rd party
- Communicating best HSSE practice
- Assisting projects with HSSE planning
- Assuring legislative compliance
- Actively driving HSSE initiatives and continuous improvement
- Managing/conducting incident investigations and completing reports as directed
- Liaising and engaging with HSE Committee Representatives
- HSSE input to pre-qualifications and tenders
- Supporting the development of local HSSE project documentation
- Coaching and mentoring management in HSSE activities
- Input to vendor approvals, assessments and monitoring vendor performance
- Ensuring that correct HSSE project reviews are being completed in a timely manner
- Working closely with the Environmental and Sustainability, OH & Wellbeing Managers to ensure that an efficient HSSE service is delivered to internal customers
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Process Engineer to work in our Staines office. The Lead Process Engineer is required to supervise a team of Process Engineers performing Conceptual and Pre-FEED studies. The successful candidate will have a strong track record of leading Process Teams with significant experience of developing concept and pre-FEED designs for upstream, brownfield, onshore facilities.
- Undertake process design work, supervise and check work of assigned engineers
- Manage process engineering activities within the budget and schedule, as well as maintaining technical integrity of the designs
- Coordinate process design activities with other disciplines
- Work with our Client to develop the basis of design from an initial brief
- Ensure the field’s context, including existing facilities and constraints, is understood and reflected in option development
- Develop multiple design solutions and clearly articulate the relative pros and cons of each solution to project stakeholders
- Ensure that design methods, standards and data used conform with Client's requirements and / or those issued by Wood
- Prepare Process Flow Diagrams, Equipment specifications, Process Descriptions and P&IDs for review and approval
- Be responsible for the checking or approval of process calculations in accordance with Wood procedures
- Ensure a high standard of safety is achieved and Environmental and Quality Assurance procedures are followed
- Perform safety related calculations and provide input to HAZOP, HAZID, SIL and other safety reviews as directed
- Contribute to review of supplier quotations and reviews of other discipline’s deliverables including layout and 3D CAD model
- Ensure that requirements of Licensor's Secrecy Agreements are known and complied within the work performed
- Participate in technical meetings and handle discussions with Client engineers
Wood has an opportunity for a Buyer. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Procurement Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the main functions of the role will be to issue Pre-qualification Questionnaire (PQ) to potential new supplies
- Prepare Inquiry Documents, Expedite Suppliers bids
- Prepare Bid Opening and Commercial Bid Tabulation
- Bid Evaluation, Negotiations and Preparation of Final Bid Tab
- Prepare Fax of Order Award and Formal Order Award after approvals
- Expedite Order Acknowledgement and issues change orders
- Preparing supplier performance evaluation and order close out
- Performing all purchasing activity in accordance with the set project purchasing procedure and the purchasing work instructions
Wood is currently looking for a Construction Engineer to join us.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction processes associated with modular execution
- Multi-discipline exposure, specifically to Piping, Layput and Structural
- Develop module feasibility studies considering factors such as schedule, labor availability, cost, safety, regulatory, site access, local content, project objectives, transportation and lifting requirements, supplier capability, jetty and berthing facility, identification of long leads, route and site survey
- Develop module index and module data sheets
- Knowledge of using parametric method of bulks calculation for modules during feasibility stage
- Development of module parameters
- Input to module stability and weiht estimates
- Space allocation
- Foundations requirements definitions
- Develop technical section of Module / fabrication Subcontract requisition
- Review module Fab yards bids and do Technical Bid Evaluation.
- Post PO point of contact for technical queries
- Assist to optimize design with engineering to enable construction efficiency
- Develop module installation sequence with planning function
- Knowledge of lifting methods, approach. Heavy lifts would be an added advantage
- Conversant with equipment packages and their skid/modular approach
- Knowledge of defining pre-dressing, pre-cast requirements
- Conversant with requirements/ design of construction laydown areas
- Ability to roll over from home office engineering to module yards and be accountable as module engineer/coordinator between yard and home office
- Practical field exposure to enable application of knowledge in design
- Understand transport and installation criteria and limitations
- Optimisation of design for economic benefit to the execution
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. Represented by Amec Foster Wheeler E & I GmbH in Germany, Wood employs over 40 employees across four offices.
Our key activities lie in Engineering, EHS Consulting and Infrastructure and focus on servicing the supply chains of our clients in industrial, chemical, pharmaceutical, infrastructure, energy and mining sectors as well as clients in the public domain.
It is our aspiration to offer technically outstanding solutions through dedicated teams and to be a service provider who enjoys a high level of trust among its customers, who is a reliable employer and who values investors as partners.
For our in office in Kaiserslautern we are currently seeking a Practice Lead for Technology Services.
As the lead of our technology services team, your main focus will be on the conception of individual software solutions in the web and mobile service area. Requests from clients and internal teams will be analysed by you and solutions created and designed.
Within an international team you will lead and shape our technology services practice area. Your main activities will include:
- Liaising with our clients in this practice area;
- Developing project ideas and individual solution designs;
- Leading an agile development team;
- You will take on the conceptual responsibility for the development of solutions in the area of web and mobile applications;
- Working with our other practice areas leads you will develop data management solutions for each practice area;
- You will develop your team and our client base.