Wood is currently recruiting for a Subcontracts Specialist to join our team in the Melbourne Office. Reporting to the Subcontracts Lead, you will perform a full range of subcontracting activities from preparation and evaluation of tenders, placing Purchase Orders, post award administration, approving invoices and close out. This position will initially commence on a 12 month contract with a view for extension.
- Managing the pre-contract process of bidder qualification, preparation and administration of tenders, evaluation, negotiation & award of various types of subcontracts, placing orders and processing invoices for various projects and liaising with various internal customers
- Prepare and negotiate subcontract terms and conditions
- Oversee kick off meetings and manage the communications between the business and subcontractors
- Perform post award administration including; checking and processing of invoices, query resolution and, recording and raising call off orders
- Conduct commercial audits of subcontractors
- Commercial administration of subcontracts including cost reporting, preparation and negotiation of claims, rate escalations and other associated issues.
- Wood is currently recruiting for a Subcontracts Specialist to join our team in the Melbourne Office. Reporting to the Subcontracts Lead, you will perform a full range of subcontracting activities from preparation and evaluation of tenders, post award administration and close out.
Wood is currently looking for a Senior Fire Protection Engineer to work on the engineering and project management services at our office in Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia. This position will be hired on a permanent, full-time basis. We are committed to developing the strategic Process Engineering capability of our Al-Khobar office, so we are looking to hire high-level technical expert in the fields of Fire Protection relevant to upstream and downstream facilities. The successful candidate will assist in the full work scope of our current and future projects
- Shall have extensive design experience with water-based suppression systems, clean agent suppression systems, fire water pumps, fire water distribution systems, fire water storage tanks, foam suppression systems, hydrants, monitors, and fire extinguishers
- Shall have experience in the oil / gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, offshore, or infrastructure industries and is recognized as a specialist in a specific engineering field on large to mega projects
- Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications
- Prepare and review engineering studies, design drawings and documents, and material and equipment specifications
- Provide guidance to the project / Design & Engineering work
- Resolves Engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards
- Support engineering activities to Wood Conceptual / FEED / Detailed Design projects
- Finalizing all discipline deliverables for assigned projects
- Planning and scheduling of discipline deliverables and activities including man-hour estimation when requested, requesting personnel as identified by the plan, and supervision of discipline personnel on the Projects
- Reviews the Basis of Design (BOD) & Project Execution Plan (PEP) as well as all Client provided data for assigned projects
- Coordination with all disciplines (as necessary) in the preparation and development of the deliverables and ensuring those other disciplines’ inputs are incorporated for the assigned projects
- Ensures the submission of all drawings requiring squad check to the respective discipline / disciplines
- Day to day coordination with Lead for smooth progress of development of project Deliverables
- Prepares enquiry requisitions
- Evaluates bids & prepares technical bid evaluations & provides input to joint purchase recommendation
- Prepares bid clarification questions and handles responses, and coordinates / chairs technical aspects of bid clarification meetings
- Updates datasheets and specifications for purchase
- Reviews all vendor data, solicits specific input from affected disciplines, and returns comments on ‘coded’ documents within the allocated timeframe
- Reports on work status / problem areas / needs on a weekly basis
- Familiarity with quality control systems in engineering design
Wood is currently recruiting for a Engineer / Senior Engineer - Process Engineer with relevant experience in the refinery, oil & gas and petrochemical industry for performing process design activities in various phases of projects (viz., conceptual design, feasibility study, basic/FEED and detail engineering).
He / She should be able to understand the sequence of finalizing each of the process documents. He / she should have quick and fast learning attitude to grasp the latest tools and software in the process design field. He / She should be able to communicate / interact with the team effectively and give directions to the junior engineers. He / She should be able to understand the project requirements / philosophies and carryout the following process activities independently.
- Prepare / check / update design basis
- Perform / check Simulation using PRO-II or HYSYS to finalize the PFD and HMB
- Prepare / check PFD/UFD and HMB
- Perform / check process calculation for Pumps and Compressors
- Prepare / check Pump and Compressor datasheets
- Prepare / check datasheets for other equipment and packages
- Prepare / check DPTD
- Provide process inputs for preparation of MSD
- Perform / check line sizing for the pumped and non-pumped lines
- Prepare / check / update P&IDs, PSFS and C&E diagrams
- Prepare / update Control narratives and other philosophies
- Perform / check design calculations for two phase and three phase separators, KODs / Flare KODs.
- Check control valve design calculations and prepare datasheet
- Perform / check safety relief calculations as per relevant API standards
- Prepare / check process documents line list, HMS and Utility summary
- Conduct dynamic simulation study, transient study, surge study, Minimum Metal Design Temperature (MDMT) study, etc.
- Conduct depressurization studies, flare load estimation and flare system design
- Coordinate with drafting team and engineering team for process inputs and drawing preparation
- Coordinate / attend project review and 3-D model review meetings with client / vendors
- Should attend safety studies like Hazop/Hazid and SIL assessment and undertake close-out activities for open points identified in these meetings.
- Should be able to lead a section / area of the project
Wood is currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join our growing commercial team within our Programme and Project Solutions (PPS) business in Reading. Established within Environment & Infrastructure (E&IS), As part of its service offering, PPS provides whole life cycle cost and commercial management across a wide range of markets and sectors.
We are looking for a quantity surveyor or cost consultant with a variety of sector experience to join PPS Commercial to support in its growth directly to external clients and internal projects across the wider business.
If you enjoy challenges in a fast-paced environment, engaging in a diverse range of industries, this could be the opportunity for you.
To perform the role of quantity surveyor / cost consultant with a focus on Southern UK. Primarily based in either our Reading or Leamington Spa offices, working with the PPS commercial function, support internal business units and external clients in project whole life cycle commercial management. The role will be an integral part of PPS that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Advising external clients and internal project teams on commercial management and best practice
- Applying value management techniques at the outset of a project
- Estimating and cost planning activities
- Supporting the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts whether for a client or Wood
- Interfacing with client representatives and other consultants at all project stages
- Handling of contractual frameworks and standard forms of contract
- Managing the commercial control of contract packages looking to maximise value recovery, cost control and cash management
- Protecting Wood’s contractual position
- Promote commercial awareness of the delivery teams
- Managing your professional development both internally and with industry bodies such as RIC/CIOB
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Principal Civil Engineer to join our Infrastructure team in our Birmingham office.
The role would suit a proactive, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual looking to advance their career in a dynamic, growing team. This position would ideally suit someone with a highway or traffic engineering background with considerable experience of working in the Public Sector.
You will have the opportunity to work on some of the most prestigious projects across the UK. Key clients include Local Authorities, Crown Estate, Homes England and MOD and working with these clients to deliver their aspirations and ambitions will be an important factor. You will play a leading role in the design and assessment of infrastructure projects within multidisciplinary design teams and will take appropriate responsibility for the delivery and quality of the design elements.
We are looking for individuals who now want to enhance and develop their careers within a growing organisation that will support their future development.
- Senior member of a team of engineers assuming the responsibility for carrying out preliminary and detailed designs including the preparation of supporting Specifications
- Supporting / Management responsibilities for a team of people
- Undertake Health & Safety responsibilities including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design
- Act as a Project / Discipline Manager as necessary including costing, programming and monitoring of financial performance
- Developing and responding to Client briefs
- Input into wider team project resourcing, project planning, programming and delivery
- Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief and Wood quality assurance procedures
- Manage sub-consultants to produce deliverables against agreed timescales and in line with budget
- Attend internal and external Project Progress meetings and represent Wood at in a Client facing capacity
- Prepare detailed client briefs, fee proposals, technical responses and study reports for Manager approval and contribute to major bids
Wood currently has a number of exciting staff roles available for Principal Process Engineers to enhance the capability of our Process Engineering Centre of Excellence in Reading. Candidates should have a sound understanding of the unit operations used in petroleum refining and petrochemical processing and, in particular, a solid background in the technology involved in hydrocracking.
Wood is seeking experienced engineers with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle, from studies to FEEDs, to ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our client’s requirements. The successful candidates will:
- Be able to lead and supervise Process Engineering Teams in studies and FEED projects
- Mentor and engage in the training and development of junior engineers in the team
- Undertake process design work on projects as required, supervise and check the work of assigned engineers as appropriate
- Execute process engineering activities within the budget and schedule, as well as maintaining technical integrity of the designs
- Develop the basis of design, undertake detailed calculations to develop the design and be responsible for the accuracy of these calculations
- Ensure that detail design methods, standards and data used conform with Client's requirements and / or those issued by Wood
- Prepare Process Flow Diagrams, Equipment Specifications, Process Descriptions and P&IDs for review and approval
- Be responsible for the checking or approval of process calculations in accordance with Wood procedures
- Ensure a high standard of safety is achieved and Environmental and Quality Assurance procedures are followed
- Perform safety related calculations and provide input to HAZOPs, SIL and other safety reviews as directed
- Liaise with other Engineering Disciplines by contributing to the review of supplier quotations, the project 3D CAD model and other multi-disciplinary project activities.
- Ensure that requirements of Licensor's Secrecy Agreements are identified, communicated and complied with
- Participate in technical meetings and handle discussions with client engineers
- Assist as required in the preparation of Operating Manuals
- File process calculations and other documents in the proper manner at the conclusion of design work
Wood is recruiting for a Welding Engineer to join its Aberdeen based team for a minimum period of 6 months. The role will be based in a busy fabrication facility dealing with a number of different materials.
The successful candidate will be required to interface with oil and gas operators, fabrication contractors, and equipment manufacturers in support of greenfield and brownfield engineering projects.
Detailed Job Description
Typical workscopes included within the remit of the Welding Engineer are:
- Provision of technical support (welding and related metallurgical support) during all phases of engineering projects, including the development, qualification and review of welding procedures and inspection specifications, for the company and its subcontractors.
- Interface with design engineers, manufacturers and fabrication contractors to ensure best practice and client specifications are applied to all stages of engineering projects.
- Witnessing of welder qualification testing and on-site manufacturing and fabrication activities.
Wood is recruiting for a Lead structural engineer to support our subsea team based in Aberdeen.
The role involves a combination of skills including piping and equipment layout, structural design, foundation design and interface management. It is expected that the applicant will have knowledge in at least one of these areas.
Under the guidance of the Business Manager, the Lead structural engineer will be responsible for developing and/or delivering work scopes as allocated by the project/s in collaboration with our existing engineer lead and principal engineers.
Wood is searching for a structural engineer to support our subsea structural team in Aberdeen.
The role involves a combination of skills including piping and equipment layout, structural design, foundation design and interface management. It is expected that the applicant will have knowledge in at least one of these areas.
The senior engineer will assist our lead and principal engineers, under the guidance of the Business Manager, in developing and/or delivering work scopes as allocated by the project/s.
Wood is currently recruiting for a PMC Senior Process Safety / Loss Prevention Specialist to work on ADNOC Onshore - Bu Hasa Full Field Development project located in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Successful candidate will be responsible of below duties and responsibilities;
- Managing discipline work to the required schedule and manhour allocation, including requesting personnel as identified by the plan, and day-to-day supervision of sub-discipline personnel on the project. This includes approval of timesheets, holiday approval and overtime approval where delegated
- Reviewing the Basis of Design (BOD) and the Project Execution Plan (PEP)
- Acting as discipline approver (& originator where necessary) for all Technical Safety deliverables (e.g. philosophies,
- calculations, studies, reports, specifications, datasheets, drawings, etc) whilst following all applicable operational procedures
- Coordinating with all disciplines as necessary in the preparation and development of the deliverables and ensuring that other disciplines’ input is incorporated
- Ensure compliance with relevant specifications as well as applicable national/ international regulations, codes and standards
- Liaison with and reporting to Project Management and Client including reporting on work status / problem areas / needs
- Responsible for the review and approval of vendor drawings as applicable to the discipline
- Ensures Purchasing and Estimating Departments have technical information for obtaining costs and availability of Technical Safety equipment and materials
- Ensures quality assurance checks are performed on the project in accordance with Project, Company and/or departmental requirements
- Supervision and responsibility for assuring that assigned engineering and technical personnel are receiving adequate review of their work progress to ensure quality levels are maintained
- Responsible for implementing HSE policy and safety procedures as they relate to the Technical Safety Department
Wood is currently seeking a Maintenance Engineer with an Electrical Engineering background to join our Perth based Maintenance Engineering team. Reporting to the Lead Maintenance Engineer, this role requires execution of assigned and agreed scopes of work for our clients and provides discipline expertise to the business.
We are looking for an experienced engineer with recent relevant experience in a maintenance and reliability environment. Our ideal candidate will be familiar with CMMS audit, master data cleansing, work instruction development and maintenance strategy optimisation and maintenance effectiveness analysis, maintenance development, defect elimination and life cycle costing. If you have a passion for improving the safety and reliability of equipment this role may be of interest to you.
At this time we will only consider applications from Australian citizens, or those with required permit/Visa for this region in place.
Postion specifics and deliverables include:
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific Wood and Client procedures in execution of work activities
- Provide feedback for continuous improvement of procedures, as applicable
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments
- Provide discipline technical support to the wider Wood business
- Provide discipline specific input to scope definition and execution for new project work scopes
We are hiring for a project-based Cost Engineer to ensure that the Management, Budget Holders and Client have clear understanding and visible of the status of project budgets through timely Cost Reports and support data provided on schedule.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide a Cost Engineering service to the Manila major projects portfolio / contracts with responsibility for the accurate Cost Time Resource reporting of elements within.
- Management of Contract WBS and CTR development, submission and approvals.
- Development and delivery of Budgets Management, Cost Reporting and Forecasting
- Preparation and maintenance of project cost control structures
- Manage project resource time writing and expended / earned manhours reporting.
- Manage & Operate corporate Business Management Systems and Interfaces
- Monitor and report costs against Project Target Cost Estimates (TCE’s and CTRs)
- Control the Management of Change system– including Change Alerts; Project Change Notices etc
- Prepare CTR reconciliations (project escalations, variations etc)
- Prepare project Cost / Resource reports, Value of Work Done & monthly budget forecasts
- Cost Reporting against client Work Requests / Orders
- Reporting of monthly cost provisions to Wood Finance Group
- Reporting of project budget cost allocations to Project Management
- Expenditure Analysis / Reporting for Major Projects portfolio
- Submission of variation and contract amendment requests and claims in accordance with contract requirements
- Contribute to Meetings, Reports & Communication providing inputs as directed by management
- Contribute to the Project Controls / Cost / Resource Forecasting Meeting as required
- Validation and approval of subcontractor invoices
- At all times maintain and promote a safe working environment
Wood is currently recruiting a Principal Civil Engineer with a strong appreciation of and exposure to designing Camps to join our team in Melbourne on a 12 months contract basis. This role is responsible for design, specification and services related to setting up Camps.
- Responsible for the provision of Civil Engineering services in support of project scope of work delivery
- Develop design solutions for a new 100 man plus camp that complies with local laws and regulations, as well as industry and company codes, standards and practises
- Design solutions shall include camp layout, interfacing with existing civil infrastructure roads, drainage and underground services, new camp civil infrastructure including fencing and associated security systems, roads and drainage, area lighting, underground services, building specification and plumbing from containerised units and preparation of workpacks for Construction
- Undertake the role of technical lead to a team of senior, junior and graduate engineers and designers
- Develop project risk registers defining key risks to start-up of the overall project and its constituent projects
- Develop verification requirements to determine the probability of risk occurrence
- Review results of verifications and advise on required mitigations to overcome foreseen risks to projects
- Define requirements for and participate in assurance activities to assess effectiveness in closure of risks.
Wood is currently recruiting Engineer / Senior Engineer - Static Equipment with extensive experience in the oil and gas offhore & petrochemical industry.
- Responsible for supporting the objectives of the Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality Policy and Information Security Management Policy by adhering to applicable Procedures and Work Practices while fulfilling of duties.
- Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude towards safety, both in design and in the office environment.
- Undertake Lead Equipment Engineer Role of FEED/EPC within an appropriate multi discipline project.
- Keep up to date with latest industry practices, standards and product development.
- Responsible for the design and approval of all vessels and exchangers on assigned projects.
- Responsible for preparation and approval of project related standards and Ensure that engineering activities on assigned projects are executed within budgeted man- hours and approved schedules in compliance with project procedures, standards and specifications and in accordance with Amec Foster Wheeler procedures
- Review and approve project schedules with the Project Engineer and / or Project Planner to see that all dates, rates of progress and design periods are realistic.
- Prepare and approve project specific standards and job notes.
- Prepare requisition index for vessels and exchangers, indicating planned issue date for each requisition. Update and reissue monthly.
- Prepare deliverable index for vessels and exchangers, indicating planned issue date for each deliverable. Update and reissue monthly.
- Prepare and approve general notes for vessels and exchangers.
- Review and approve flow sheets for correctness of depicting of vessels and exchangers, operating and design conditions and piping and instrumentation connections.
- Design and requisition vessels and exchangers.
- Prepare vessel and exchanger drawings as appropriate to the type of vessel and exchanger.
- Review and approve all vessel and exchanger drawings and ensure that the quality of design and drawings produced for enquiry and fabrication purposes is of satisfactory standard.
- Prepare technical bid analysis for vessel and exchangers.
- Attend coordination meetings and engineering review meetings with suppliers of major Static Equipment as required.
- Review document requirements and issue dates for major Static Equipment with suppliers and assist Procurement Department in compiling a Supplier’s Document Index.
- Assist Procurement Department with the expediting of supplier documents.
- Review and approve supplier documents for vessels and exchangers and ensure appropriate distribution thereof.
- Responsible to ensure that all relevant engineering disciplines review and have provided comments on supplier documents.
- Responsible for overall technical management / co-ordination on orders for vessels and exchangers. This includes technical management / co-ordination with other engineering disciplines.
- Review in conjunction with Procurement Department all claims by supplier for an increase in the engineering scope of work.
- Give guidance to client, project engineers, other specialist engineers and inspectors on vessel and exchanger engineering matters. Review vessel and exchanger aspects of package unit supplier’s drawings as requested by the engineer responsible for the equipment.
- Perform inspection where required.
- Ensure that vessel and exchanger engineering operations are complete in accordance with the approved project schedule and within allocated man-hours.
- Advise the Chief Engineer of any slippages and their causes and proposed corrective action.
- Advise the Chief Engineer of any technical problems and unresolved differences with other groups.
- Co-ordinate with Procurement Department and ensure certified drawings are available in time to meet the engineering schedules.
- Notify the Project Engineer or all deficiencies in the flow of data or other basic information required for execution of work.
- Provide progress report information, at the required frequency and with the required content, to the Project Engineer
- Provide information where necessary to estimating the cost of contract changes, Alert the Project Engineer / Project Manager to circumstances considered to be subject to contract change.
- Assist where necessary in the compilation of operating manuals and mechanical catalogues.
- Assist where necessary, in the construction, handover and commissioning of vessels and exchangers.
- Assist in the training and knowledge transfer of vessel and exchanger expertise to graduate and Vessel Engineers as required.
- Perform or assist in the validation of vessel design software as used by Amec Foster Wheeler Engineering
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Manager to form part of our project team based at Long Island Point, Hasting on a 12 months contract. This role would act as the main client interface and manage a team to deliver an EPC project to scope, cost and schedule. Experience with management of fast tracked project delivery and working with previous oil and gas service providers would be preferred.
- Project manage a full EPC delivery team and subcontractors to deliver projects from front end design, through detailed design, procurement, construction, hand over and close-out
- Bottom line responsibility for the financial and technical success of a project
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Statement of Requirements throughout the phasing of the project from concept, detail design, and site implementation
- Implementation of the company quality management system for the project.
The Business Development Manager’s primary role is to find and exploit opportunities to grow Wood’s Capital Projects business in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), in line with the overall NEMEA and specific KSA Business Plan
The role’s objective is focussed on the winning of new Capital Project business for Wood and supports the DBD in meeting strategic business targets including revenue and client relationship development
Primary focus will be upon the development and management of the Capital Project’s KSA prospect portfolio for FEED’s, Detail Design, EPCM / EPC and PMC projects for onshore, including upstream and offshore oil and gas developments, midstream LNG and XTL, and refining and chemicals / petrochemicals
The KSA CP BDM will co - ordinate with other regional BDM’s and execution centres within NEMEA and across Wood (and service lines as necessary) as and when necessary to fully exploit opportunities for the home offices, identifying the complementary skillsets / competence / relationships / cost bases which may be advantageous to employ to best position Wood to win the work The KSA CP BDM will work in close conjunction with the KSA IK and Regional BD team in developing business opportunities cross linking between service lines within EAAA
Working with the Regional Leadership teams, the KSA CP BDM supports all positioning, business strategies, marketing activities, business development, acquisition pursuits, key customer management and proposal activities and ensures they are consistent with Wood’s processes, procedures, strategic plan and business goals for their region
The KSA CP BDM will utilise their market / client / competitor / opportunity knowledge to identify any undue risks and / or the win probability (“go” and “get” assessments); where these are very low, this may lead to a No Pursuit / No Bid recommendation
The role ensures Wood is aligned and well positioned to nurture existing client relationships, as well as identifying, prioritising and developing new client relationships:
- Provide input to and deliver effective strategies to gain new business Define new market entry requirements and win propositions, developing a clear route map to successful pre - qualification and bid submissions and communicate clearly to pursuit and proposal teams
- Provide input to execution plans, including information and intelligence on customer needs, detailing views and opinions on the competitor landscape in order to develop compelling propositions to enhance the success of business winning
- Progress the processing of customer enquiries, prequalification compilations and bid submissions for clients and projects Work closely with other internal departments to ensure the needs of the client are fulfilled in a timely manner and any issues resolved
- Inform CP NEMEA Leadership of market conditions, competitors, relationship status and collaborative opportunities Develop, maintain and broaden good business relationship with existing and prospective clients Ensure Compliance with the Business Ethics Policy, Risk Assessments and Internal Audit requirements, embracing a culture of compliance within the UK business
Key ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identification, validation and leadership of key prospects and opportunities, in particular for onshore and offshore oil & gas related capital investments Facilitate client meetings with appropriate Wood personnel to achieve business objectives and meet client needs
- Use commercial and contractual acumen to identify barriers to success and enable early assessment of the likely competitiveness of a Wood offering Co - ordinate CAPITAL PROJECTS KSA input into the LRM process and participate in the review Ensure timely and high quality presentation of prospects at LRM with sufficient information to properly review, and updates of key prospects at PRM
- Provide support to the DBD to aid with accurate forecasting / re - forecasting activities and prospect portfolio management, as and when required (typically fortnightly and monthly) Create, review, manage and maintain integrity of all opportunity records in the CRM system to ensure accuracy, governance and compliance
- Be an ambassador for collaboration by working with the other Wood service lines to ensure an aligned, structured and strategic customer approach to business growth and market expansion within the region Accountable for positioning plan compliance for all live and future opportunities
- Input to Customer Management Framework (Key Accounts) as required Feedback to be collated and summarised in a timely fashion and presented back to the DBD / NEMEA Leadership teams
- Assist all Country / Contract managers and other operations personnel with regular customer feedback ensuring feedback is analysed, understood and built into improvement plans
- Identify potential acquisition targets and potential JV partners Establish strong customer network and identify opportunities well ahead of time to allow for sufficient strategy development and positioning to maximise our chances of securing the work It is expected that such relationships will enable insight to be determined on prospective customer business plans
- Support the wider Middle East business development activities, as directed by the CP leadership
- The role will include extensive travel throughout the region Develop a strong relationship with local partners and maximise combined strengths to identify and secure work
- Develop opportunity win strategies and participate in opportunity execution strategy development Be wholly familiar with various Government / State apparatus as it applies to contract approvals and awards as appropriateEn
Wood is currently recruiting for a Construction Assurance Technician (Building and Civils) at either Assistant Consultant / Consultant grade in one of our London, Reading, or Leamington Spa offices. The purpose of this role is to provide specialist advice and checking of the compliance of a construction project against employer’s requirements, detailed design and statutory construction standards. The role may require the individual to undertake the position of Independent Certifier, Clerk of Works or Supervisor (NEC).
This position is ideally suited to an individual early in their career who his looking for career progression within the Professional Services/Consultancy environment and has had some Construction Site Management experience.
- Become familiar with all the relevant drawings and written instructions, checking them, and use them as a reference when inspecting the work.
- Review and ensure compliance of technical drawings.
- Ensure all construction work complies with relevant Health and Safety regulations.
- Monitor the progress of the Project, making visual inspections and taking measurements and samples on site to make sure that the work and the materials meet the specifications and quality standards.
- Review any proposed changes to the designs provided or to be provided by the Contractor (including by other Consultants) for compliance with the design of the Project and report to the Client.
- Observe the construction and comment on deviation from the design.
- Attend Site Progress meetings with the Contractor, Project Team and other Consultants
- Attend project meetings with the Client (in conjunction with Site Progress Meetings)
- Support the Client Project Manager with respect to management of design changes and act as interface between the Project team and the Contractor.
- Establish completion criteria based on project requirements.
- Management of client’s technical queries.
- Defects rectification management.
- Management of Close Out documentation and transitions.
- Act as deputy for the Construction Assurance Manager
Wood currently has an assignment opportunity for a Lead Instrument & Automation Engineer for a role in Baku, Azerbaijan.
The assignment will involve twenty-four months in a PMC role, and you will be responsible for policing engineering design deliverables by Contractor and by Vendors, and guiding Owner on technical issues.
The person will be part of a team of representatives of all Engineering Disciplines.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record of working on EPC projects for Oil & Gas facilities, especially refineries, and display good overall knowledge of Instrumentation & Automation Engineering. They must be fully knowledgeable about codes, standards & recommended practices for this discipline.
- Guide and manage the EPC Contractor in developing the scope of works as defined in the Contract
- Comment on Contractor's design documentation and vendors’ drawings
- Providing advice and experience to the Client
- Co-ordinating and resolving comments from Client to Contractor
- Participate to meetings with Client, EPC Contractor, Vendors
- Provide technical support to the project management team
Wood is looking for a new graduated Junior Project Engineers to be dedicated to the following activities:
- Preparation of Equipment List
- EFDs mechanization
- Preparation of Line List
- Preparation of Tie-in List for revamping projects
- Preparation of Material Requisition for packages and special items
- Preparation of Hazardous Area Classification drawings and reports
- Assist Senior PE in technical coordination of projects
Wood Nuclear is recruiting Programme and Project Managers with Decommissioning experience to join our team on a long term project based in Japan. The positions will start in mid 2019 and is likely to go on for 1year+ with a possibility to extend beyond that. We are looking for candidates with strong project management and mentoring experience to join this exciting project.
Our client is building Decommissioning Project team and is looking for expertise Project Management and PMO to augment their capability and help develop their own resource to meet the challenges of a major project.
- Ensure that key Client relationships are maintained at all levels within the project
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction concerning all facets of the project and its delivery
- Provide project management guidance and direction as may be required
- Mentor and support Client staff and development objectives
- Monitor the effectiveness and levels of EPC Contractor, Subcontractor and Supplier engagement and delivery. Liaise directly with client and the EPC Contractor for review / approval of critical documents
- Participate in key client and EPC Contractor reviews, awareness training and meetings as required
- Participate in monthly progress reviews with client
- Monitor, appraise and report to client on quality and safety aspects of RFTSU delivery performed by the EPC Contractor and their Subcontractors / Suppliers
- Provide HSSE leadership and awareness by ensuring that all Wood and client requirements are implemented and followed including safe delivery of the work
- Ensure HSSE system compliance and conduct periodic reviews
- Ensure quality assurance system compliance and conduct periodic reviews
- Prepare monthly client and Wood project progress reports and presentation