Click column header to sort
Wood is currently looking for a Telecommunication Engineer to work on the engineering and project management services.We are committed to managing the program from our Al-Khobar office where the project management team will be based for the duration of the contract.
- Provide telecommunication discipline expertise in support of the client’s team for the FEED engineering of the petrochemical facilities
- Work independently and coordinate with other disciplines to complete the telecommunications design
- Be aware and conscious of contractual issues as per Wood guidelines
- Design and install OSP cabling and communication hardware
Wood is currently recruiting for a Security System Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Define the technical requirements and scope for all technical and physical security systems to be delivered within the programme of work to ensure a site-wide fully integrated security system is designed, approved and accepted
- Ensure the EPR security design and specifications are interpreted correctly and new designs are up to date, fit for purpose, and meet regulations and requirements
- Ensure detailed documented records are created and maintained to ensure future clarity of the process and outcomes
- Support the delivery of the program activities to ensure they are delivered safely, on time, to budget, meeting business & technical requirements
- Monitor the progress of the program - track progress against milestones, deadlines, and provide key stakeholders with reports on these matters
- Anticipate, manage and resolve issues within the program. Identify risks and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised, develop and update the programme, and escalate any issues to the Engineering Manager
- Interface with other programs to ensure a high-level view of how the total project is progressing to identify and adopt the use of best practice
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all project team members
Wood is currently looking for a Principal Process Control Engineer to work on the engineering and project management services for our office in al - Khobar in Saudi Arabia. This represents an excellent development opportunity for individuals interested to work in Saudi Arabia, with most assignments expected to be for at least one year’s duration with the opportunity of further extension for the right candidates.
- Responsible for the co - ordination and progress of process control applications design for one or more projects, as assigned, under the supervision of the Process / Engineering / Project Manager
- Participate after contract award in discussions with Client to assess and assist in the definition of user requirements. Prepare Process Control and Operations Philosophy document incorporating user requirements. Carry out site surveys and technical investigations
- Review and develop Process Flow Diagrams, Engineering Flow Diagrams and develop the control schemes to fully utilise the capabilities of modern microprocessor control systems. Show additional instrumentation required to implement these control strategies in conjunction with Process Engineers and Instrument and Engineering Group (Engineering Department). Assess the economic payback of such schemes
- Solve process control applications problem that are recognised during development of the Front End Package or detailed engineering, using dynamic simulation if necessary
- Assist Control Systems Engineer by preparing the process requirements for the control system and (if needed) process control computer. Prepare Complex Control Scheme Descriptions and / or Process Specifications showing the requirements of the loops including signal linearisation and multiplication, division ratio
- Provide constants associated with mathematic and other process control data. Hold discussions with the Client to clarify control strategy, operating philosophies, manning requirements, generation of management reports and process information displays
- Prepare Sequence Descriptions and Logic Diagrams (flowcharts) for sequencing operations and batch control. Participate in Hazop and SIL Reviews during detailed engineering
- Determine loop algorithms and initial controller settings for critical complex loops by simulation where necessary
- Develop control system graphics and process information displays such as energy balances and equipment process performance monitoring
- Assist the Control Systems Engineer with the control system factory acceptance test at the Supplier's works
- Specify and coordinate the work of Process Control Applications Software Suppliers. Prepare test data and carry out acceptance tests
- Assist the Principal / Senior Commissioning Engineer in the preparation of Operating Manuals. Provide site assistance at start up, with operator training, loop tuning during commissioning and hand over to Client
- Ensure that Process Control calculations and other documents are filed in the proper manner at the conclusion of design work. Ensure that any items of technical information of lasting interest and use which become available during the design of a project are incorporated in Process Control Section Group Files
- Familiar with the current application of computer systems to Amec Foster Wheeler's business and endeavour to optimise their use and development within the project / department budget, both to solve technical problems and to promote the effective management of information. These systems will include the application of CAD, PDS, DMRS and SMILE etc
- Assist Control Systems Engineer to prepare control system enquiry requisition by providing user requirements (contained in Process Control and Operations Philosophy) and assist in Technical Bid Analysis
We are looking to recruit two key positions to support our growth in international ESIA works and need to recruit a number of staff with varying levels of experience within this broad requirements. We're looking for experience in the management of EIA’s or ESIA with a strong track record in the oil and gas sector.
Post will be based in the UK (initially Reading) but experience of delivery of non–UK projects is essential, ideally this experience will include works within the Middle East. This should include projects undertaken both in-line with IFC performance standards and to local national legislative regimes.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior PDMS Piping Designer for a 6 month contract based in our Aberdeen offices.
- Coaching and mentoring as delegated.
- Supervision of Graduate Engineers. Provides input to the performance management of direct reports.
- Manage and supervise direct reports.
- Process Ownership:
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific Procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Participate in audits and incident investigations as required.
- Subject Matter Expertise:
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Provide discipline support to the business.
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct reports.
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution.Deputising for Principal as required.
- Executing assigned personal objectives.
- Interact with multi-discipline Engineering Teams.
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports.
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery.
Wood is currently looking for a Cost Engineer to work on the engineering and project management services for an Unconventional Gas Development Program in Saudi Arabia. We are committed to managing the program from our Al - Khobar office where the project management team will be based for the duration of the contract. This represents an excellent development opportunity for individuals interested to work in Saudi Arabia, with most assignments expected to be for at least one year’s duration with the opportunity of further extension for the right candidates.
We have been awarded contracts by our client for the provision of engineering and project management services for their Unconventional Gas Development Program. The program covers current field development in three different parts of Saudi Arabia with potential further field developments to be added later as the Program develops and expands. The Unconventional Gas development program is focused on increasing gas production via the development of shale gas and tight gas resources in the Kingdom. The new sources of gas are intended to displace middle and heavy distillate fuels currently used in power generation within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Leading the development of cost estimates prepared by contractors during Conceptual & FEED phases including developing Estimate Basis Memorandums and Estimate Confidence Packages
- Preparing cost estimates for contract variations including the review and evaluation of contractor submitted variations
- Leading the review and assessment of variations with contractors through to agreement and conclusion of the related variation order
- Working with Quantity Surveyor and Discipline engineers to validate the scope of work, BOQs and MTOs for all variations and additional scope items from the relevant supporting project drawings and obtain BOQs / MTOs endorsement by Company’s discipline engineers
- Analyzing work activities, manpower and GCC productivities in generating new work unit rates with Contractors
- Coordinating with project Commercial to obtain local market quotes and trend to estimate cost for any variations or additional works
- Reviewing / Participating in the preparation of annual client Business Plan and related cost quarterly cost forecasts
- Leading the development of bid check estimates and cost breakdown structure to be used for commercial evaluation and tendering
- Providing analysis of contract payment terms and related cash flow
- Participating in the preparation of Business Cases and in developing required cost justification assessments for approval by Senior Management
- Conducting peer reviews of in - house Project Cost Estimates
- Establishing and implementing Project cost estimating database for benchmarking and reference
- Leading the development, review, analysis and evaluation of costs related to contractor claims and identify potential cost risk events and evaluate related cost impact
- Assisting in the preparation of the final project close - out report and fixed asset register
We have an excellent opportunity for a stakeholder engagement/communications specialist or planner with postgraduate experience to join our successful and well-respected consultation and stakeholder engagement team in either London or Bristol.
The role would see you delivering consultation, stakeholder engagement and communications strategies for infrastructure projects and developments across the UK and joining a growing team of specialists within this discipline.
You would support the implementation of best-practice consultation, stakeholder engagement and communications strategies on behalf of both public and private sector clients for some of the most high-profile projects in the UK.
This role wound involve working on an exciting portfolio of well-known projects for developers such as National Grid and Heathrow Airport as well as agencies such as the Planning Advisory Service and the Homes and Communities Agency.
This is a great opportunity to join our growing team and to shape your future career within one of the country’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies.
You will be responsible for supporting the consultation and stakeholder engagement team in the development and implementation of consultation strategies for external clients, the delivery of community and wider stakeholder consultations and engagement events and the production of communications materials and reports.
The role requires a good understanding of the requirements for consultation, communications and engagement with a range of stakeholders, good written and verbal communication skills, efficient time management and the careful handling of client relationships.
Your main responsibilities within this role would include:
- Assisting with the production and implementation of stakeholder engagement strategies, advertising strategies and social media strategies
- Supporting internal and external engagement, consultation and communications teams in the development and delivery of consultation material
- Formulating and attending programmes of public drop-in consultation events, working within specific budgets and timeframes and coordinating internal and external colleagues from all technical disciplines
- Preparing communication materials such as web copy, brochures, newsletters and exhibition boards
- Assisting with analysing consultation feedback and writing consultation feedback reports
- Supporting the day to day management of client relationships and external agencies
Wood is currently recruiting for a Distributed Control System (DCS) Engineer with automation and control system design experience preferable in the Nuclear industry.
The main duties and responsibilities of the DCS Engineer will be :
- To develop the detailed technical solutions typically associated with the replacement of existing /obsolete Distributed Control Systems
- To define scopes of work, costs and schedules
- To support the transition from concept/FEED to execution.
- To implement engineering solutions typically required to solving obsolescence, disaster recovery, cyber security and technology road maps aligned with OEM development plans
- To provide input to project execution planning
- To undertake site surveys, confirm accuracy of existing documentation
- To attend customer meetings such as the kick off, progress meetings, technical clarifications, queries, close out and lesson learned sessions
- To typically act as the interface between the project and customer organisation at a technical level
- To coordinate, expedite and undertake the review of Vendor documentation in accordance with project procedures
- To prepare Test Procedures
- To prepare Detail Design Specifications
- To prepare DCS configuration
- To prepare HMI configuraiton
- To promote and comply with Wood and Client’s HSSE policies and procedures
- To champion of Wood's Quality Program and Procedures
- To take reasonable care of your own health and safety and of others who may be affected by your actions
- Not to misuse any equipment and report any damaged equipment
- To report all injuries, incidents and near misses and to proactively support our behavioural based observation system
Applicants must be British or EEA national and have resided in the UK continuously for a minimum of 5 years and be eligible for National securtiy clearance.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Measurement Engineer based in the Clean Energy offices in Glasgow.
The principle responsibilities of this post include:
- On and offshore meteorological (met) mast, data logger and instrumentation installation, commissioning and operations & maintenance.
- On and offshore remote sensing equipment deployment and maintenance.
- Data recovery, screening and reporting.
- Power performance testing equipment installation and commissioning.
- Meteorological equipment pre-assembly, testing and maintenance.
- Project management duties, including:
- Proposal and report writing.
- Production of safe systems of work documentation.
- Equipment specification and procurement.
- Liaising with Client.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Engineer - Process with relevant experience in the refinery, oil and gas and petrochemical industry.
- Prepare and check PFD and HMB
- Prepare and check P&ID, UDD, MSD, PSFS and C&E diagrams
- Review and check the design for vessel, pump, line and control valve as per standards and tools
- Review and check the safety valve relief load calculation (as per API standard)
- Review and check data sheets for equipment, packages, instruments, CVs and PSVs
- Prepare design basis, philosophy and control narrative
- Conduct dynamic simulation study, transient study, surge study, Minimum Metal Design Temperature (MDMT) study, etc.
- Conduct depressurization studies, flare load estimation and flare system design
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines, vendors and client
Wood is currently looking for a Construction Engineer to join us.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction processes associated with modular execution
- Multi-discipline exposure, specifically to Piping, Layput and Structural
- Develop module feasibility studies considering factors such as schedule, labor availability, cost, safety, regulatory, site access, local content, project objectives, transportation and lifting requirements, supplier capability, jetty and berthing facility, identification of long leads, route and site survey
- Develop module index and module data sheets
- Knowledge of using parametric method of bulks calculation for modules during feasibility stage
- Development of module parameters
- Input to module stability and weiht estimates
- Space allocation
- Foundations requirements definitions
- Develop technical section of Module / fabrication Subcontract requisition
- Review module Fab yards bids and do Technical Bid Evaluation.
- Post PO point of contact for technical queries
- Assist to optimize design with engineering to enable construction efficiency
- Develop module installation sequence with planning function
- Knowledge of lifting methods, approach. Heavy lifts would be an added advantage
- Conversant with equipment packages and their skid/modular approach
- Knowledge of defining pre-dressing, pre-cast requirements
- Conversant with requirements/ design of construction laydown areas
- Ability to roll over from home office engineering to module yards and be accountable as module engineer/coordinator between yard and home office
- Practical field exposure to enable application of knowledge in design
- Understand transport and installation criteria and limitations
- Optimisation of design for economic benefit to the execution
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. Represented by Amec Foster Wheeler E & I GmbH in Germany, Wood employs over 40 employees across four offices.
Our key activities lie in Engineering, EHS Consulting and Infrastructure and focus on servicing the supply chains of our clients in industrial, chemical, pharmaceutical, infrastructure, energy and mining sectors as well as clients in the public domain.
It is our aspiration to offer technically outstanding solutions through dedicated teams and to be a service provider who enjoys a high level of trust among its customers, who is a reliable employer and who values investors as partners.
For our in office in Kaiserslautern we are currently seeking a Practice Lead for Technology Services.
As the lead of our technology services team, your main focus will be on the conception of individual software solutions in the web and mobile service area. Requests from clients and internal teams will be analysed by you and solutions created and designed.
Within an international team you will lead and shape our technology services practice area. Your main activities will include:
- Liaising with our clients in this practice area;
- Developing project ideas and individual solution designs;
- Leading an agile development team;
- You will take on the conceptual responsibility for the development of solutions in the area of web and mobile applications;
- Working with our other practice areas leads you will develop data management solutions for each practice area;
- You will develop your team and our client base.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Subcontracts Engineer (2 months ) with good experience in the subcontracting works in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
The candidate is expected to perform project pre-award activities and post-award contract administration works, reporting directly with the Lead Subcontracts Engineer.
- Conduct of pre-contract and post-contract work activities in line with the established Corporate policies and procedures
- Provide support to the Lead Contracts Engineer in the preparation of contracting plans and strategies to meet the requirements of the project
- Development of contractors list, perform prequalification as necessary, and development of bidders list per contract package, if the Lead Contracts Engineer is not on-board yet
- Carry out pre-contract and post-contract activities
- Ensure completeness of Projects’ Construction Contracts records and co-ordinate statistical feedback and data gathering.
- Make sure that Construction Contracts are maintained and archived in accordance with Corporate and/or project file retention policy.
- Manage and provide input into the subcontract score card for project control reporting
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients andcommitted to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
The Engineering Technician will work as part of an integrated project team to deliver high quality engineering services to clients across the Nuclear Defence Sector.
The core responsibilities of this role are to assist the client in the development of engineered solutions and provide a service for the provision of approved packaging for the safe transport and storage of hazardous materials. Although based out of the Reading office, this role is based locally on site within a client environment relating to Nuclear and Defence sector.
Typical Work Activities
- Authoring and production of supporting specifications and proposals to define quality levels
- Identification and development of engineering requirements
- Knowledge of applying regulations regarding storage and transport of hazardous materials.
- Understand the full lifecycle processes and current legislation in accordance with Client procedures.
- Amendment of existing design drawings and creation of new drawings to Client processes
- Participate in Client design reviews articulating progress and document via meeting minutes
Wood is currently looking for a Principal Material Selection & Corrosion Engineer to work on the engineering and project management services for Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia.
- Provide expert input in material and corrosion technology to Company engineering studies
- Prepare and issue engineering corrosion philosophy and corrosion management plans
- Advise equipment, valves, and piping material selection based on internal and external corrosion
- Prepare material selection reports and perform corrosion rate calculations
- Prepare material specifications for pipes, piping components, valves, and mechanical equipment
- Provide input to, review and approve material selection diagrams
- Review material selection diagrams of vendors, licensors and third - parties
- Prepare painting specifications, coating specifications and insulation specifications
- Ensure that all produced deliverables are complied with QA / QC and ISO System requirements of the Company
- Carry out, review, approve and / or supervise study and design work using Company and Client design methods, standards and data, to a high quality and in accordance with Project requirements
- Ensure that Company and Client’s Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Management Procedures are complied with
- Actively support business development through participation in professional conferences, direct business development activities and client relationship building
- Travel to site, if required
Due to continuing success in London and the South-East, we are looking to recruit a Consultant to play a key role providing support in Wood’s Climate, Resilience & Sustainability (CRS) Team.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant contribution to the continued success and growth of a reputable and successful team and contribute to a wide range of high-profile projects across Wood’s business. You will have a strong academic background in the fields of: climate resilience; adaptation; energy; carbon management and / or sustainability.
A key feature of the role will be supporting Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for climate change resilience and mitigation. You will be working with a wide range of clients including some of the largest infrastructure projects in the UK. Beyond this your role will see you being responsible for providing support to the Environmental Assessment team, delivering Climate, Resilience & Sustainability consultancy services.
You will join an enthusiastic and supportive team and will experience a challenging and fulfilling working environment. There are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development within the Climate, Resilience & Sustainability field and across Wood’s wider Environment & Infrastructure Solutions consultancy business.
The post holder will be required to visit client premises and Wood’s other offices and a full driving licence would be desirable although not essential.
Wood Enviroment and Infrastructure Solutions are currently recruiting for a Senior/Principal Consultant to work in either our London, Reading, Bristol, Edinburgh or Brussels office.
Our Environmental Policy and Economics Team is at the forefront of providing policy, technical and economic advice on the development and implementation of environmental policy and business response to policy at a strategic level. We work for a variety of customers, such as the European Commission, international institutions / development banks and UK Government Departments and Agencies, as well as for industry trade associations and individual companies. Our projects help to directly influence the development and improvement of environmental policies in the UK, EU and beyond.
We have a long track record and an exciting portfolio of contracts and frameworks on policy development at an EU and UK level. This is an opportunity to join one of the top consultancies involved in supporting development and implementation of European and national environmental policy.
This is an exciting opportunity to take a leading role in helping to expand our climate change mitigation policy work. It will involve winning, leading and delivering projects that influence how climate change mitigation and other policy is developed and implemented at a national and international level. You will work in multi-disciplinary teams, providing policy development and implementation; evaluation of policies and technical measures; cost-benefit analysis; model development; stakeholder consultation; report writing and verbal presentation.
From the outset you will be tasked with growing our existing pipeline of opportunities and supporting project delivery, relating to energy and climate mitigation. You will have experience of working in multidisciplinary teams, as well as being a self-starter who is able to balance workload effectively.
Wood is currently recruiting a Graduate Electrical and Control and Instrumentation (C&I) Engineer to join our multi-discipline project engineering team in Newcastle. We have a vacancy for an assistant consultant level electrical and C&I design engineer.
Whilst based in our Newcastle office located in Gosforth, you will assist with the delivery of the electrical, instrumentation and control design content of challenging industrial projects for our Clients within the utility, pharmaceutical, water and waste industries, and for process, chemical and general industrial companies and contracting organisations throughout the UK and beyond.
Working as a member of various multi-discipline project design teams, initially under the supervision of a discipline lead engineer, you will contribute to the project design input at all stages from feasibility and optioneering through to the production of detailed designs for procurement and construction. Your varied duties will range from surveying and reporting on existing electrical and C&I installations, assisting with the production of Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), detailed electrical installation designs and procurement documentation including User Requirement Specifications and witnessing equipment acceptance tests. You will be supported in your technical and professional development by senior staff and our active early careers group.
Wood Plc,Intelligent operations team, Automation and Control is looking for an innovative and solutions-oriented Software Developer with a Chemical Engineering or Flow Assurance background and focus area. You will find a challenging and rewarding work environment with unlimited growth potential! This is a great opportunity for recent college graduates and those looking to make a change in their careers with advancement opportunities. The candidate will demonstrate the ability to maintain, modify and test changes to existing software programs and products as well as develop or contribute to new modules or functionality in the existing software.
As a member of Intelligent Software Solutions Group, the primary duty is to provide innovative software products for the oil and gas industry. The candidate for this position will be required to:
- Use both software development and engineering knowledge to help drive the design and usability of our software products
- Improve and enhance our current software suite by focusing on either:
- User interface improvements and enhancements for an improved user experience
- Backend development including core architecture for continuous improvement
- Maintain existing codebases and technologies and developing or maintaining unit tests to ensure code is bug free and backward compatible
- Support and troubleshooting requests from internal and external users
- Liaise with internal development teams and end users to ensure development is in line with the broader company goals and features requests are appropriately prioritized and resolved
1. Production and checking of common electrical design deliverables including:
- Single Line Diagrams
- Block Cable Diagrams
- Schematic/Connection Diagrams
- General Electrical Equipment Layouts including Sub-Station Layouts
- Lighting Layouts
- Earthing Layouts
- Hazardous Area Layouts
- Cable & Drum Schedules
2. Experienced in the activities, procedures, and methods associated with electrical systems design development including:
- Cable Scheduling and Routing Design (above and below ground)
- Lighting Design (including lighting design software application)
- Earthing Systems
- Hazardous Area Classification
- Electrical Bulk Material Take-off and Requisitioning
3. Competent practitioner in the application of Industry standard CAD systems (AutoCAD/MicroStation) for the production of 2-D electrical drawings
4. Basic awareness of international design standards e.g. IEC/CENELEC /ATEX (European) and ANSI/NEC (American).
5. Experienced in electrical design applications in a 3-D model environment via industry standard 3-D CAD modelling systems (SP3D)