Wood is currently recruiting for an Electrical Design Engineer to join our Engineering Team in Istanbul/Turkey.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Execute assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures, codes and standards
- Prepare / develop single line diagrams, schematic diagrams, functional and interlock diagrams
- Carry out electrical system studies and calculations including short circuit, load flow, cable sizing, illumination level, protective relay coordination, etc.
- Prepare electrical job specifications and data-sheets
- Prepare material requisitions for electrical equipment and perform technical bid evaluations as per relevant practices
- Review suppliers' drawings and documentation as per relevant practices
- Prepare requisitions for construction subcontract and perform technical bid evaluations as per relevant practices
- Coordination with other disciplines including Mechanical, Piping, Civil, Instrumentation and Automation and Process Engineering
- Ensure timely production of deliverables
Responsible for Plumbing and Fire Fighting system design in chemical plants,such as petrochemical, fine chemical, pharma plants fields,etc. Lead the discipline design as the project requirements.
Wood is a global provider of consulting, environmental and engineering services. Wood employs more than 60,000 people worldwide in more than 60 countries, including offices located in Frankfurt, Kaiserslautern, Hamburg, Stuttgart, Munich and Nuremberg.
Our European operations provide services to the US Department of Defense. We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Compliance and Conservation Support Consultant. The position is funded until July 2020, with high potential for extension into 2021. This position is part-time (20 hrs per week) located at USAG Bavaria – Garmisch.
Working as an employee of Wood, the successful applicant will provide on-site environmental compliance and conservation support for the US Army Environmental Directorate (ED) at USAG Bavaria in Garmisch.
Tasks will include…
- Conduct on-site environmental reviews for planned construction and repair projects.
- Actively engage in project review meetings with internal and external stakeholders, including German environmental authorities.
- Inspect hazardous waste storage areas and review waste transportation documents.
- Evaluate waste streams for compliance with applicable German and US standards and regulations.
- Review and update USAG Bavaria environmental management plans, including Hazardous Waste Management Plans and Asbestos Management Plans.
- Assist Grafenwoehr Environmental Division with preparation of environmental compliance assessments and correction of noted deficiencies at USAG Bavaria – Garmisch.
- Data entry and database management of Environmental Management Systems (EMS).
Wood in Saudi Arabia currently has a requirement for a Business Development Manager to work out of Riyadh. The successful candidate will have the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle, from studies and FEED to PMC & PMO, to ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our client’s requirements.
- To lead and deliver on registrations with government and non - government entities
- To own, manage and coordinate, in conjunction with others as defined, the preparation of Prequalification submissions to clients (including Expressions of Interest etc.)
- To support Proposal Managers in preparation, collation and delivery of proposals and other administration as required
- To monitor status, progress and quality of prequalification’s, and endeavor to address and / or “flag up” concerns regarding these. To provide current market analysis, maintain client relationship management database and ensure the Sales Database is current and correct. Log and keep accurate records of all in - coming and outgoing client correspondence
- To attend and assist in Business Development meetings. To provide administration services for the Sales and Proposal Department
- Ensure assigned Prequalification’s are developed and reviewed using best practices and to meet client requirements
- Support in development of Proposals (or Prequalification’s) as assigned and carry out activities as requested by the responsible Proposal Manager. Where supporting proposals maintain an awareness of Wood processes (Preparation of Proposals) and how this requires the proposal to be developed
- Maintain records and reports of Prequalification activities up to date for assigned items and keep Manager, Proposal Systems informed of progress and issues. Ensure that Wood’s Saudi entities are correctly registered in client’s vendor systems, E - Systems etc.
- Keep track of our registration status and ensure that we renew in a timely fashion as required. Provide support in developing and arranging presentations to clients in relation to Proposals, Prequalification’s, Business development or similar activities as assigned
- Attend job explanation meetings as required (May be throughout the GCC region) and take notes to develop Win Plans and Competitor Profiles
- Provide Market analysis and presentations to support the Sales strategic efforts
- Maintain and update proposal information stores (experience lists, project profiles and similar) in coordination with other Senior / Proposal Engineers. Support and implement departmental improvement initiatives
- Provide administration support to the Proposal Manager for allocated Proposals - including collection of bid and tender bonds, printing, collating and delivery of the proposal document to the client. (Including collection of bid bonds post submission as required)
- Prepare and maintain the electronic and paper filing system for proposals. Coordinate Invoices issued by Wood offices for KSA clients and assist in chasing outstanding client invoices. Tracking and monitoring such missing payments
- Maintain and update database records associated with proposals - including CV’s, project profiles and experience lists. Provide administration support for Sales and Proposal Manager Meetings - including meeting room and refreshment bookings
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Safety System Control Engineer to be based at our office in Woking.
- Has detailed design and programming experience with Honeywell “FSC” or “Safety Manager”
- Woking, Surrey based although travel to other sites maybe required.
- 12 month project assignment
- Staff or Contract
- Candidates will have worked at an OEM preferably Honeywell or System Integrator over many years. (As opposed to EPC, End Users)
- Honeywell Experience preferred
- To achieve a Senior level will have around 10 years experience in Automation and Control Engineering
- Has experience in the oil/gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, offshore, or infrastructure industries and is recognised as specialist in a specific engineering field on large to mega projects
- Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications
- Working towards or being a chartered engineer and member of a recognised institution, such as the IET or IMC
- Minimum BSc Degree or equivalent experience
- TUV training recommended
- Required behaviours: excellent communication skills, loyalty, enthusiasm, and diplomacy
Wood is a focused supplier of consultancy, engineering and project management services to its customers in the world's oil and gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. Wood designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets and employs more than 60,000 people in around 60 countries worldwide.
We are currently recruiting for a Fuels Engineer Specialist to support our growing team serving the US Department of Defense in Germany and throughout Europe. The position is for for current and upcoming projects located in DoD installations throughout Europe. We are recruiting for our offices in Kaiserslautern, Nuremberg and Frankfurt.
The responsibilities of a Senior Fuels Specialist include:
- Project management support, development and review of technical reports to include daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Support the development and review of Risk Assessments, API Reports and TUEV Inspection reports associated with fuel systems on DoD installations.
- The work includes but is not limited to Fuel Storage Tanks, Pipelines and Oil Water Separator (OWS) system inspections, compliance, calibration and associated systems.
- Responsible for QC program implementation and control activities on projects
- Act as liaison with clients, regulatory agencies, subcontractors, and/or internal departments on fuel system related matters as required.
- Ensure all files and records are developed, maintained and stored in compliance with company policies and requirements.
- Ensure compliance with contract documents and specifications
- Mentors junior level staff, as required.
With Wood, you will have the opportunity to work in a diversified international company. You will be part of a young, dynamic client focused team in a supportive environment. Wood is an equal opportunities employer and can offer flexibility to suit the needs of its employees.
Are you looking for your next step to help drive your career forward with the breadth and scale of skills you need to become a market best, delivered by working alongside key market specialists and blue-chip companies? To enable this, you will need to be part of a dynamic and growing organisation with a market-leading pedigree, with the breadth and scale of projects and specialists to challange and develop you.
Wood offers a flexible approach to working, in both location and working hours. This position can be based in our Leamington Spa or Birmingham city centre office with the candidate expected to work collaboratively between offices in the Midlands.
Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions has a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, highly skilled and solution focused Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist professional to join and contribute to one of the largest and most successful remediation and ground engineering teams in the UK/Europe. We are seeking to grow our world class team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technical excellence both we and our clients expect. We are involved in many key projects of regional and national significance, which we deliver alongside our core UK and global framework projects.
- Delivery of geotechnical design and assessment input into geotechnical and multidisciplinary projects.
- Preparation of proposals to deliver client objectives, including developing the scope of site investigations and tender packages and liaising with subcontractors.
- Preparation of design calculations, design drawings and other documents in accordance with project quality control procedures and requirements.
- Ground investigations including supervision and management of sub-contractors, soil logging, geotechnical soils testing and scheduling.
- Development of health and safety plans and RAMS.
- Sharing knowledge and supporting the development of less experienced staff.
- Collaborative working within teams and across offices to ensure consistency of delivery and achieve results by effective communication, sharing of information etc.
- Ensuring that all work is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Planner with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to join the team in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Sakhalin Island.
This position will report directly to Lead Planner / Project Controls Lead.
Office based position (not shift work or rotation, requires relocation for non-Sakhalin residents), work schedule - 40 men/36 women hours per week, from Monday to Friday with 2 days off (Saturday, Sunday).
At this time, applications from Russian citizens only will be considered.
For applying to this position please send your CV on the e-mail: Sakhalin.Recruitment@woodplc.com.
Other ways of applications will not be considered.
- Responsible for implementation of best planning and scheduling practices in and assignment/project in accordance with Wood procedures and Contract requirements. To support the Lead Planner in the management of the Planning team. Delivers the role as an individual or part of a team as determined by the requirements of the project/contract.
- Responsible for personal safety and working within the provisions and guidelines of the Wood HSE processes.
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Wood Quality Assurance systems and processes.
- Acts as the Planning Focal Point for several project scopes.
- Develop and maintain planning control structures in alignment with approved project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Develop and maintain baseline project plans and schedules using appropriate scheduling software.
- Monitor and control planning activities through all phases of project lifecycle.
- Liaise with engineering, procurement and construction functions, and others as required, including third parties, to ensure awareness of project activities, their status, and their impact on the project schedule and manpower requirements.
- Provide copies of project plans and schedules in accordance with project reporting requirements.
- Provide copies of project progress and performance status reports in accordance with project reporting requirements.
- Produce and issue updates to project plans and schedules.
- Produce and issue updates to project manpower requirements.
- Assess and communicate schedule impact of change notifications.
- Monitor overall project progress status, achievement of major milestones, and analyse project performance in relation to planned performance.
- Attend internal project progress and performance status meetings as required.
- Delegate and manage the work of subordinate Project Controls planning staff as required.
- Provide guidance and support to subordinate Project Controls planning staff as required.
- Liaise with cost discipline to ensure accurate and timely control and forecasting of man-hour budgets and ensure that the impact of all change requests are properly assessed and included in the schedules.
- Participate in schedule risk analysis as required.
- Assist with audits to ensure compliance with relevant Wood Planning procedures.
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Wood Quality Assurance systems and processes.
- Responsible for personal safety and working within the provisions and guidelines of the Wood HSE processes.
- Project schedules shall be maintained in accordance with approved contract and project Work Breakdown Structure.
- Project plans and schedules shall be issued in accordance with contract reporting calendar and on an as required basis.
- All project schedules shall be fully logic linked and show the critical path and total float for all activities.
- The project schedule shall be base-lined at the time of approval by the client of funding for the project.
- All project schedules shall contain resources in accordance with the corporate standards.
- Work packs delivery milestones shall be clearly identified within the project schedules.
A standard set of agreed milestones shall be maintained within both the schedule and the cost reporting database.
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients andcommitted to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment
Wood Nuclear is recruiting experienced NDT Consultants to work within the Inspection Validation Centre carrying out Inspection Qualification activities in support of nuclear industry contracts. Detailed knowledge and experience of inspection of high integrity components using manual & automated UT inspection techniques is required, together with experience of assessing inspection systems against written specifications and providing examination of procedures and personnel.
Responsibilities and Job Specification
- Provide expert assessment of inspection systems (procedures, technical justifications, equipment and personnel) against written specifications.
- Design qualifications in line with the ENIQ recommended practices
- Design of test pieces including the use of computer modelling software
- Expert review of Inspection Procedures, providing clear and concise comments
- Expert review of Technical Justifications including review of CIVA modelling
- Invigilate practical examinations both in the UK and abroad
- To design and undertake ultrasonic inspection of test pieces using advanced techniques such as Phased Array and ToFD
- To prepare, review, comment and take the appropriate action regarding specifications, drawings and other documentation associated with the design and procurement of test pieces
- To prepare, review, comment and take appropriate action regarding manufacturing and inspection documentation associated with qualification test pieces
- Lease with the client and their sub-contractor
- Willingness and ability to travel with the possibility of extended periods away from home both in the UK and abroad
- Proficient in the preparation of clear and concise written technical reports
- Carry out or assist with internal and external audits
- Responsible for monitoring the security of information at contractors’ works
Wood is currently recruiting for a Network System Engineer to be based in our Woking office.
- Responsible for implementation and testing of software applications complimenting the Industrial Process Control System
- Responsible for Quality Assurance of the Network Infrastructure Design and 3rd Party Interfaces in the Infrastructure Team
Main Purpose of the Job:
- Provides technical and / or functional responsibility for Automation Infrastructure project execution
- Provides Expertise in the design and implementation of Level 3 Applications
- Supports the Infrastructure execution team lead in accomplishing project objectives
Responsibilities / Duties:
- System Integration Tasks e.g. 3rd Party Systems into a DCS such as PAS PSS Alarm Management.
- Documentation using standard Microsoft Office tools (Document Lifecycle knowledge)
- Technical Assurance using data collection and processing tools (e.g. Databases, Excel)
- Firewall software operation or other network hardware such as NTP, Switches (+SFPs), Patch Panels (Copper and Fibre )
- Detailed design, implementation and delivery of the L3/L3.5 application design based on the engineering design information
- Production of test specifications (FAT / SAT) required for ensuring compliance of the implementation with design requirements
- Working closely with the PAS Infrastructure Network Lead who will retain responsibility for the design details (e.g. Windows Active Directory, Group Policies, Virtualization in line with Honeywell’s supported versions) and will work with the PAS Infrastructure Network Architect on all aspects
- Conformance to DMZ and security (Firewall Polices / ACL) requirements both for the client’s infrastructure and for the Staging Facility
- Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents, and material and equipment specifications
- Resolves speciality related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards. Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures and specifications
Wood is currently recruiting a Civil Engineering Technician to join our Environment and Infrastructure Solutions engineering team, working on infrastructure projects in our Bristol office.
The successful candidate will contribute to the project engineering design by providing input at all stages from feasibility and ‘optioneering’ through to the production of detailed design drawings for procurement and construction.
- Production of computer aided design drawings to clients’ engineering standards and specifications and ensuring design deliverables meet required standards of accuracy and quality
- Working in conjunction with multi-disciplinary engineering teams – civil, structural, water management, process, mechanical & electrical/ICA
- Supporting projects with data analysis and contributing to reports
- Preparation of simple calculations
- Supporting the administration of project
- Contributing to providing solutions to design problems
- Keeping your training log up to date and attending training / Continued Professional Development days (CPD), where appropriate
Wood is currently recruiting for a Automation and Control Principal Engineer with extensive automation and control system design experience preferable in the Nuclear industry.
The main duties and responsibilities of the Principal Engineer when acting under the direction of a Senior Principal Engineer will be :
- Develop and position to customers the detailed technical solutions typically associated with the replacement of existing /obsolete industrial control and safety systems
- Define scopes of work, costs and schedules
- Support the transition from concept/FEED to execution.
- Provide expert guidance and engineering solutions typically required to solving obsolescence, disaster recovery, cyber security and technology road maps aligned with OEM development plans
- Provide input to project execution planning
- Develop a costed return of investment
- Undertake site surveys, confirm accuracy of existing documentation
- Attend customer meetings such as the kick off, progress meetings, technical clarifications, queries, close out and lesson learned sessions
- Support the tendering and sales team
- Support the project execution teams following hand-over and assist resolving design queries etc
- Typically act as the interface between the project and customer organization at a technical level
- Ensure follow-up and close out of queries, deviations and non compliances and are expedited to support the Vendor schedule
- Schedule any quality control and technical reviews
- Co-ordinate, expedite and undertake the review of Vendor documentation in accordance with project procedures
- Co-ordinate the review and approval of Test Procedures
- Promote and comply with Wood and Client’s HSSE policies and procedures
- Champion of Wood's Quality Program and Procedures
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety and of others who may be affected by your actions
- Not to misuse any equipment and report any damaged equipment
- To report all injuries, incidents and near misses and to proactively support our behavioural based observation system
Applicants must be British or EEA national and have resided in the UK continuously for a minimum of 5 years and be eligible for National securtiy clearance.
Wood is currently seeking expressions of interest for an experienced Senior HMI (Human Machine Interface) Engineer to join our busy Automation contract in Woking.
The main purpose of the job is to perform site acceptance testing and pre-commissioning checks on process safety (F&G, ESD & PSD) and control system related HMI displays.
- Provides specialist support when required for the plant start up and on-going commissioning, for example fault finding, de-bugging and application correction
- Undertake system modifications and associated management of change documentation
Actively participates in the installation/configuration/implementation & commissioning of Industrial control & safety operator HMI displays to meet customer specifications and be able to independently implement (unsupervised) significant modification to these systems.
- Ensure Standards are maintained and no non Project Specific shapes etc are utilised
- Understanding/experience of L&A Graphic techniques used in the project
- Co-ordinate with other disciplines during commissioning ensuring HMI displays are correctly implemented in accordance with project philosophies and detailed design
- Undertake system firmware and application updates
- Ensure all testing, modifications are executed in accordance with agreed methodologies completing all necessary checks and paperwork.
- Provides accurate progress reporting and completion status
Wood is recruiting for Study Manager career opportunities on a staff basis within our Reading office. The role resides within the Consultancy strand of the Process Technology & Consulting group (PTaC) – hereafter termed ‘Consultancy’.
Consultancy is responsible for the development and execution of Wood’s Conceptual and Pre-FEED activities in Upstream Onshore (Onshore field development and facility studies), Midstream (LNG, GTL, XTL, CCS and emerging technologies), Downstream (configuration studies, feasibility studies and licensor selection for Refining and Petrochemicals) and Asset Consultancy (Facility troubleshooting, plant optimisation) fields. The group is highly successful, having a high strategic profile within the Wood organisation and supports both greenfield and brownfield project developments.
This role sits within UK Consultancy and reports directly to the Director, UK Consultancy.
Successful candidates will be a driving force in these business areas, helping to develop client relationships and strategies during the execution of early phases of key strategic projects for Wood. Prior experience organising and managing project teams to achieve the health, safety, environmental, schedule performance, cost and quality requirements of the project, from contract award to Client's final acceptance is desired. The role presents significant career development opportunities for the Study Manager into Corporate, Project, Proposal or Commercial Management.
- Manage the execution of Consultancy projects / studies in accordance with the terms and conditions and the project execution plan defined in the contract, plus any risk relating to execution of the contract and to manage contract changes as they may arise
- Provide input to other projects in the Consultancy portfolio of a larger nature (FEEDs or EPC)
- Effectively and efficiently manage project and study business and commercial objectives and drive the execution strategy to develop further business opportunities
- Identify and promote further business opportunities for Wood, and support proposal preparation, business development and marketing activities within the group
- Ensure that technical compliance or excellence is achieved as required and provide the platform for innovative ideas to provide appropriate solutions to the project business and technical needs
- Responsible for technical accuracy, quality of design, HSE and project delivery to satisfy contractual requirements, such as schedule, budget, guarantees
- Create a credible and professional image to customers and other stakeholders, while taking personal responsibility for identifying and resolving issues
- Demonstrate excellent customer focus (client and in-house) and be aware of and respond to customer needs whilst still achieving project and Wood corporate objectives
- Identify and communicate the objectives to the project / study team in accordance with the contract terms, scope of work and divisional policy
- Manage relationships with clients, their agents, any joint venture partners and any third parties, such as licensors or technology providers, ensuring immediate resolution of any concerns/issues
- Responsible for all matters affecting execution of the contract including preparation of project schedule, management of project / study costs, profit and invoicing
- Achieve schedule performance, cost, quality, health, safety and environmental requirements of the project / study from contract award to Client's acceptance whilst negotiating all contract changes with the Client as necessary
- Initiate the formulation of project / study policy or recommendations to the client in key areas such as technical, project execution and cost estimation
Wood is currently recruiting for a Civil and Structural Supervisor - Package A with Construction experience in Oil & Gas or Petrochemical Plants.
The Civil Supervisor will represent Wood on-site at Socar Refinery (Package A) to ensure the construction contractors’ activities comply with all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) policy, site regulations, permit to work procedures and Client requirements.
The Civil Supervisor will have the following key duties:
- Ensure that all construction contractors’ supervision and manpower are instructed in and comply with all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) policy, site regulations, permit to work procedures and instructions and Client requirements
- Ensure that construction contractors working within his discipline adhere strictly to the latest Approved for Construction (AFC) project drawings, Specifications, ITP’s, Procedures and Site Instructions
- Responsible for the HSES, and quality aspects of the work within assigned areas and for ensuring construction contractors complete their work in accordance with the project schedule
- Review and monitor the availability of drawings, specifications, job instructions, material deliveries and tools applicable to his / her particular discipline and area of work
- In conjunction with the contractors’ supervision, planning engineers, and the Construction Engineer, develop detailed work plans in accordance with the overall planning schedule
Wood is looking for an Engineering Systems Engineer for Milan office.
The Engineering Systems responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate the following with engineering disciplines subject matter experts:
- Researching and advising on new applications and technology
- Evaluating new products and giving feedback to engineering community
- Training engineering user base in new and existing technology
- Supporting engineering user base in use of the software
- Requisitioning additional engineering hardware, services and software, as required
- Configuring engineering and design applications
- Customising in-house and third party applications
- Provide Catalogue and Specifications support to projects as necessary
- Prepare and maintain department specific procedures, processes and controls
- Compile and maintain information regarding Engineering Systems activities required to carry out the above functions
- Keep abreast of developments about Engineering Design Systems within the Oil and Gas Industry and respond accordingly
- Assist Proposals to prepare estimates and input to Tenders and Proposals as required
- Provide Engineering Systems service to specific projects as required. The Engineering Systems group shall leverage on larger wide community of Engineering Systems specialists, which provides a readily available pool of knowledge and resources. The Engineering Systems team provides assistance to the Project for the setup configuration and support of all Engineering Systems applications such as:
- 3D (e.g. E3D / SP3D)
- Catalogue and Specifications (including AMUSE)
- 2D (e.g. SP P&ID / AVEVA Diagrams)
- Instrumentation and Electrical (e.g. SPI-SPE / AVEVA Instrumentation-Electrical)
- 1D (e.g. AVEVA Engineering)
- Specify, Requisition and deliver LIDAR laser scan services
- Complying with the applicable HSE requirements regarding to their health and safety care
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Automation, Communication and Computer.
- 6-12 years engineering experience in Refinery/ Petrochemical/ Chemical/ Pharmaceutical/ Power Plants.
- Telecom/LV Electrical Engineer Certificated by Chinese competent authority.
- Familiar with related Chinese and international standards & codes.
- Capability of Telecom/LV engineering design techniques, as well as CAD and Microsoft skills.
- Good English both oral and writing.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Electrical/ICA Engineer with a strong track record within the water sector to join the team in our Knutsford office.
Wood’s Environment & Infrastructure (E&IS) team provides a wide range of environmental and engineering services to both the municipal and industrial markets covering all aspects of water, wastewater and solid waste management and treatment.
Responsible to the Municipal Water Lead, you will actively contribute to all stages of project engineering design and delivery whilst becoming the key technical contact for municipal water mechanical inputs in the South region.
The Principal Electrical/ICA Engineer will be an integral member of the Municipal Water (South) team and work closely to design and deliver technical solutions and outputs for various types of water facilities and infrastructure. They will support the engineering and design delivery on a wide range of projects primarily producing and/or checking detailed mechanical engineering deliverables. The deliverables will support tenders, through to concept and detailed design deliverables and lead onto construction and commissioning support.
The workload is extremely varied and there may be opportunities to become involved in some challenging projects within several sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
The main responsibilities and duties of the Principal Electrical Engineer are as follows:
- Lead mechanical inputs for municipal water related projects in the South region
- Participate in proposals, scoping of work, key tasks and packages and resourcing/time estimates
- Preparation and/or review of electrical and instrumentation control design packages deliverables such as technical specifications, calculations, reports, datasheets, drawings, schedules, single line diagrams, block cabling routing and associated electrical/ICA documentation. Review and execute tender evaluations
- Understand requirements expertise in relation to installations relating to DSEAR and hazardous area classification
- Participate and manage testing, setting to work and commissioning stages relevant to electrical equipment and installations
- As the team grows, you will be expected to coach and mentor electrical/ICA discipline staff within the Municipal Water (South) region and actively contribute to the technical development of skills throughout the wider Municipal Water team.
- Encourage and actively promote skills and innovation within the team, externally to clients and industry contacts
- Support efforts to develop the digital transformation methodology in the delivery and management of projects
- Support efforts to develop a Synchro 4D/ 5D design and construction sequencing approach and methodology
- Manage larger multi-disciplinary design projects or work packages that include a degree of programming and resource planning
- Execute assigned work in accordance with the applicable Project Procedures and Standards, including Foster Wheeler and/or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control, within the man-hour, cost budgets and the project schedule targets
- Liaise with the Process Engineering Department at the initial design investigation stage where equipment has a particular influence on process design philosophy, during the equipment selection stage and during project execution
- Develop DD deliverable list, such as ,instruments, control valves and all other instruments. Issue material requisitions to the Material Management Department for enquiry, order placement and for any subsequent revisions
- Input the required specification/process data into instrument index as per the defined structure and format
- Prepare the Master Requisition Index and update and issue it on a regular basis
- Establish and maintain a filing system of project documents
- Carry out other duties assigned by the Discipline Manager/Chief Instrument Engineer
Wood is seeking a talented and enthusiastic ESIA specialist to join the Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions team in Reading. The successful candidate will have prior experience of delivering ESIA’s for international oil and gas projects as well as an established network of client relationships.
You will join a c25 strong EIA team with a mixed portfolio of EIAs for Major Infrastructure clients across a broad range of sectors including oil and gas, rail, aviation, transmission and distribution, nuclear and offshore wind.
The successful candidate will not only lead ESIA projects, but also manager key client relationships in the oil and gas sector both internally with other parts of the Wood business as well as directly with the oil and gas majors. Our opportunity pipeline is strong and we are looking for talented individuals to contribute to securing and deliverin exciting new projects.
You will join an enthusiastic and supportive team and will experience a challenging but fulfilling working environment. There are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development across Wood’s E&IS consultancy business.
You will work with members of the EIA Management team to identify, win, manage and deliver ESIA projects and will be sufficiently flexible to work on other ESIA projects (non oil and gas) should the need arise. You will take the lead with regard to strategic, technical and commercial aspects of projects as well as being responsible for technical assurance and for mentoring junior staff in their project roles. The role would also require leadership with regards to the project approach to stakeholder engagement.
You will support the European Oil and Gas sector lead generally and may be assigned client relationship management activities where it makes sense to do so.