Click column header to sort
Wood is currently recruiting Senior Designer - Equipment Engineering (Static Equipment) with extensive experience in the oil and gas offhore & petrochemical industry.
- The candidate shall be well conversant using AutoCAD and Microstation. He or she shall have good understanding on COMPRESS/ PVElite/TANK mechanical design output and shall be efficient in incorporating design data from the process data sheet, instrument nozzles from the level sketches, nozzle orientation plan from piping discipline, preparation of platform/ladder/pipe support clips attachment detail drawings, welding detail drawings, preparation of pressure vessels, heat exchangers, tanks detail drawings and cutting layouts. Shall be familiar with AWS welding symbols and terminology for Pressure Vessels
- Shall be responsible to check the Vendor drawings per applicable engineering/ project standards
- Shall have good understanding on interface discipline activities and resolve any critical issue
- Shall be familiar with 3D model environment like Open Plant, AVEVA E3D, SP3D or equivalent
- Having experience with EPC companies, pressure vessels, heat exchangers and storage tank fabrication companies, shall be considered as an added advantage
- Responsible for supporting the objectives of the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Policy and Information Security Management Policy by adhering to applicable Procedures and Work Practices while fulfilling of duties
Wood is currently recruiting for a Contaminated Land Assistant Consultant to join and contribute to our successful and expanding remediation and ground engineering team in our London.. We are seeking to grow our world class team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technical excellence both we and our clients expect.
We have an opportunity for a graduate or a recent professional to join and contribute to one of the largest and most successful remediation and ground engineering teams in the UK/Europe. We are seeking to grow our world class team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technical excellence both we and our clients expect. We are involved in many key projects of regional and national significance, which we deliver alongside our core UK and global framework projects.
- Site based support of ground investigations, including supervision of sub-contractors.
- Field work including soil logging and sampling, groundwater sampling and ground gas monitoring.
- Data collation, review and interpretation.
- Preparation of factual and interpretative desk study and ground investigation reports.
- Ensuring that all work is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards.
Wood is currently recruiting Senior Electrical Engineersto support the Kemerton Lithium project based in our Perth Office.
The Kemerton Lithium Project is to design and build a world class, greenfield, Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate production plant, located at the Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area, approximately 160 km south of Perth, Western Australia, and 17 km north-east of the existing port town of Bunbury.
Position Specifics & Deliverables
- Perform electrical engineering detail design calculations
- Prepare high quality, technically correct specifications and datasheets for major equipment
- Adhere to the project schedule
- Review vendor documentation
- Provide technical support to the onsite construction teams, projects department and estimating department
- Integrate vendor information in detail design documents and drawings
- Review the project 3D model and design drawings
- Perform site inspections, functionality testing and commissioning documentation
- Accountable for the quality of deliverables in line with the needs of the customer and regulatory authorities
- Coach Junior team members
- Foster good working relationships with other team members
Wood is currently recruiting for a Buyer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Comply with the following, as applicable.
- Procurement Procedures and Work Practices
- Project Procurement Execution Plan
- Licensors', Clients', and Foster Wheeler Secrecy Agreements
- Project Supplier Lists.
- Check that supervised personnel carry out assigned duties in accordance with job descriptions.
- Input all progress data to Material Management System and ensure these are up-to-date
- Develop contacts with Suppliers' personnel. Maintain the respect of Suppliers and their representatives by adherence to code of conduct and business ethics, corporate policies, procedures and work practices.
- Maintain awareness of the materials supply situation including area sources, price levels and current deliveries. Advise the Commodity Purchasing Manager and/or Manager, Purchasing of possible new sources of supply.
- When requested contribute to current and projected price and delivery trends.
- When requested carry out spare parts co-ordination activities in accordance with the Project Procurement Execution Plan.
- Responsible for supporting objectives of the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Policy and Information Security Management Policy by adhering to applicable Procedures and Work Practices while fulfilling of duties.
- Prepare and issue Procurement Plans and obtain necessary approvals.
- Prepare and issue quotation requests, progress, check and evaluate quotations.
- Prepare quotation summaries, and quotation summary variations and make recommendations. Ensure recommended Supplier’s final price on quotation summaries is under budget and delivery is within required on site dates.
- Submit quotation summaries after technical approval to authorised Procurement Personnel for approval. Distribute as required by the Project Procurement Execution Plan.
- Agree with engineering and supplier the requirements and submittal dates for the following:
- critical supplier data e.g. equipment weight
- supplier drawings e.g. GA drawing
Wood is currently recruiting for an Electrical&Instrument Designer with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to join the team in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk office, Sakhalin Island, Russia.
This position will report directly to Lead Electrical&Instrument Designer.
This is office based live-in position (not rotational method) with normal working hours.
At this time, applications from Russian citizens only will be considered.
For applying to this position please send your CV on the e-mail: Sakhalin.Recruitment@woodplc.com.
Other ways of applications will not be considered.
To provide CAD Designer skills for the Electrical & Instrumentation Group or to undertake CAD training, if required becoming a proficient CAD user.
To prepare and/or modify Electrical & Instrumentation Design Drawings from Engineering Data, Design Data and Vendor Data.
To prepare and/or modify Electrical & Instrumentation Design Drawings using INTools (training will be provided, if required).
To become proficient in the understanding of and usage of Company and Client standards, procedures and practices.
To prepare Material Take-off’s and Bill of Materials.
To carry out document searches via LiveLink and Documentum (training will be provided, if required).
Undertake Offshore Survival and Skyscape (training will be provided, if required).
Support the Electrical & Instrumentation Group offshore survey effort with offshore surveys, if required.
Wood. is looking to hire a Senior Proposal Engineer specialist to further increase the capacity and knowledge base of the well-established Business Development Department. This will give you the opportunity to work on a wide range of Wood. projects.
- The Senior Proposal Engineer specialist will lead the proposal preparation and estimation process related to Wood business in Saudi Arabia office. The subject function will report to manager of proposal department who is reporting to Business development Director.
- Work as a team member of proposal department and gather and managed all required tender technical and commercial scope. Also participate in the bid no bid and being a member of intimating the bid strategy.
- Develop proposal preparation milestones needed with all wood stakeholders to deliver the technical and commercial proposal to customer as required.
- For proposals decided as bid, registers the RFP in Proposals Master File and in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. Afterwards, ensures to keep the status of Proposal updated in both Master File and CRM at all times.
- Experienced in managing CRM system.
- Coordinates for Legal review for any new general terms and conditions through VP Corporate.
- Arranges and attends proposal kickoff, technical and commercial review meetings as per schedule advised by Proposals Manager.
- Coordinating and completes the requirements of tender governance process and assure securing required approval levels from management.
- Supports Proposals Manager in the development of the technical proposal elements and follows up for the inputs from Discipline Estimators as per required schedule.
- Reviews the commercial terms for any peculiar requirements and seeks direction from the Proposals Manager.
- Ensures that all required technical, commercial, and contractual clarifications are requested from the Client in a timely manner and the direction received is shared with the team for incorporation in the Proposal as necessary.
- Prepares a Proposal Manhours Summary, Cost Analysis Summary as per WAH standard templates and presents in the commercial review meeting.
- Coordinates with Proposals Manager to finalize the assumptions and exclusions to be included in the Proposal.
- Responsible for the presentation and content of the final Proposal, prepare a Proposal cover letter and obtain initials / approval from relevant Managers.
- Coordinates for post-bid Clarification Responses, revised Proposals and Validity Extensions.
- Upon award of the job, coordinates for review PO, transfer of costing data to Project Controls and arrangement for Proposal handover.
- This job function will require intensive cooperation along with other functions engineering, finance, commercial, project team, HR etc.
- Initiate proposal strategy that will lead to the upmost competitive commercial proposal. Also this will include benchmarking with previous proposal bid to help finalizing the bid decision.
- The subject role will include coordination with other global offices whenever deemed required.
- Work along with proposal manager and business development during negotiation process.
- Adherence to the proposal and tender preparation governance and workflow and proposing any alternative that deemed of business improvement.
Wood Clean Energy are looking to recruit a Senior Renewable Energy Consultant to join their expanding Wind Analysis team based in Glasgow.
This is a client facing role that would suit a highly numerate individual with a diverse set of skills and the initiative to rise to a challenge.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking analysis of wind and operational data, including SCADA, to predict the energy output of wind farm projects for a variety of clients, developers, lenders, investors and other project stakeholders.
In addition, review of third party energy yield assessment assessments as part of due diligence assignments will be required. This activity requires a clear and demonstrable knowledge of industry standard energy yield assessment methodologies.
A variety of additional commercial and non-commercial wind analysis based tasks will also be expected to advance and develop Wood’s position as a market leading consultancy in providing wind farm development consultancy services.
- Analysis and interpretation of measured wind data.
- Modelling of wind flow using linear and non-linear wind flow models. Familiarity with Meteodyn and Ansys Wind Modeller software considered as an advantage.
- Calculation of energy yield assessment and technical losses.
- Written and verbal communication of technical detail to a non-technical audience.
- Management of projects and budgets.
- Client interfacing and relationship management.
- Due diligence of third party energy yield assessment reports.
- Awareness of the market and on-going innovation in technology and research.
- Mentoring of junior team members.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Controls Manager with extensive experience in interfacing with Clients. The applicant will be required to be assertive and understanding to the Project needs. The applicant will need to have experience of creating and tailoring reports for Clients with an in-depth understanding of the story this is telling.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join our growing commercial team within our Programme and Project Solutions (PPS) business in either our Leamington Spa or Birmingham offices. Established within Environment & Infrastructure (E&IS), As part of its service offering, PPS provides whole life cycle cost and commercial management across a wide range of markets and sectors.
We are looking for a quantity surveyor or senior cost consultant with a variety of sector experience to join PPS Commercial to support in its growth directly to external clients and internal projects across the wider business.
If you enjoy challenges in a fast-paced environment, engaging in a diverse range of industries, this could be the opportunity for you.
To perform the role of quantity surveyor / cost consultant with a focus on Southern UK. Primarily based in either Leamington Spa or Birmingham offices, working with the PPS commercial function, support internal business units and external clients in project whole life cycle commercial management. The role will be an integral part of PPS that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Advising external clients and internal project teams on commercial management and best practice
- Applying value management techniques at the outset of a project
- Estimating and cost planning activities
- Supporting the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts whether for a client or Wood
- Interfacing with client representatives and other consultants at all project stages
- Handling of contractual frameworks and standard forms of contract
- Managing the commercial control of contract packages looking to maximise value recovery, cost control and cash management
- Protecting Wood’s contractual position
- Promote commercial awareness of the delivery teams
- Managing your professional development both internally and with industry bodies such as RIC/CIOB
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Designer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. There is no rotation associated with this position so we are only considering applications from local Iraqi nationals preferably residing in Iraq, Basra.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times
- Maybe required to perform site surveys and data gathering exercises at various project locations
- To provide discipline specific design and drafting services that meet the Project’s, and applicable statutory and regulatory, requirements
- To provide technical support to the site team during design, engineering and construction
- Preparation and checking of all types of Electrical and/or Instrument design deliverables such as Block Diagrams, Single Line Diagrams, Schematics, Layout Drawings, Termination Diagrams, Schedules, Material Take-Offs etc
- Interdisciplinary check of all Civil / Structural / Piping / Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation drawings
- Review of vendor drawings for Equipment / Package items
- Produce drawings in AutoCAD
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to the discipline
Amec Foster Wheeler is recruiting a HSSE Lead - Offshore to join our growing team in Brunei. The project will run for at least five years, adopting our world - class systems and making use of our extensive global expertise.
Successful applicants will be responsible to ensure compliance with Amec Foster Wheeler and Client procedures. Provide positive leadership for the location on HSSE issues and promote the adoption of HSSE best practice. Promote an enthusiastic HSSE culture that delivers positive commitment to, and engages all employees in, continuous performance improvement. Lead and provide functional management of HSSE personnel under their control.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the HSSE management system and progress against the AMEC Foster Wheeler HSSE Performance Standards. Make recommendations for improvement where appropriate
- Contribute towards developing annual HSSE objectives for location. Monitor and report on the implementation and effectiveness
- Assist with the identification of HSSE training needs and monitor delivery and recording
- Monitor and report on the implementation of the approved HSSE objectives
- Produce HSSE performance reports as required
- Alert line and functional management promptly to significant accidents and incidents. Where appropriate, be involved in the investigation and ensure that the findings are reported and appropriately shared
- Review accident and incident reports. Identify any trends and ensure that there is appropriate response to prevent future occurrence
- Carry out audits / reviews as necessary to ensure compliance with processes / legislation
Wood is currently recruiting automation and control engineers with proven system integration experience to support developing our nuclear automation capabilites in Woking and throughout the UK.
- Support the full lifecycle implementation of automation projects including specification development, software and hardware realisation, testing and commissioning
- Working independently to support engineering deliverables
- Ability to manage a small project team (typically 5-10 engineers) to successful completion of work and within budgeted time and cost constraints
- Support the implementation of projects in line with company objectives including continuous improvement, customer satisfaction, schedule, working capital and safety performance
- Manage the technical requirements that underpin the project deliverables
- Directly interface with the clients and provide technical input to project design
- Applies integration concepts to a wide variety of systems and across multiple vendor platforms
- Lead technical aspects of automation project design and/or implementation
- Prepare and review engineering studies, design drawings and documents and material and equipment specifications
Wood is looking for a Principal Piping Material Engineer to help execute assigned work in accordance with the applicable Project Procedures and Standards, on safety and quality control, within the man-hour budgets and schedules assigned. This role will be based in the Reading office on an agency basis.
The Piping Materials discipline sits within our dedicated Piping Group. You will be given the opportunity to work on various FEED, EPC and PMC projects for local and international clients and become a pivotal member of the group.
- Develop the piping classes for all process and utility systems to compliment the needs of a project
- Compile specifications for fabrication, shop and field testing of piping systems
- Create and maintain all data sheets for process and utility valves
- Create a listing of piping special items / components, such as hose couplings, steam traps and valve interlocks
- Create, specify and maintain data sheets for piping special (SP) items, such that the items can be purchased
- Assist with the assemble of piping bulk material requisitions, defining all relevant documentation / requirements
- An awareness and understanding of non-destructive testing examination methods/requirements
- Display an awareness of corrosion characteristics and welding processes
- Review offers from suppliers and perform a technical bid evaluation of the materials offered
- Make a technical assessments and recommendations when required
- Post purchase order placement, review and approve supplier documentation for the related piping components
- Visit the suppliers premises to attend kick-off / alignment meetings, the testing of piping components or clarification meetings
- Liaise with the engineering disciplines: Piping Design, Stress Analysis, Process, Instruments, Static Equipment, Procurement and Material Control
- Liaise with the Lead Piping MTO Engineer regarding the interpretation of the Client’s specifications and standards
- Assist with the preparation of technical work practices to ensure consistent working methods
- Assist and deputise for Lead Materials Engineer in Planning, Progress Reporting, Manpower Loading and general administration activities on a project
Wood is looking to recruit Process Assistants to undertake short-term temporary work on our current projects in our Reading offices. These are temporary positions and are not part of Wood’s Process Engineering Graduate Programme. Applicants must possess a degree in Chemical Engineering (see below for more details).
Wood is a global engineering, procurement and construction contractor. We deliver solutions for clients in the upstream oil & gas, midstream & LNG, refining, petrochemicals & chemicals, pharmaceuticals & biotechnology and power industries. With over a century of industry experience, we have developed a global perspective and an unrivalled reputation.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing international presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience real variety, work with different cultures and you'll work closely with our clients and be part of a global team, committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
We have been very successful in winning major new projects around the world in our well-established business sectors.
As a Process Assistant your responsibilities will involve:
- Working within the various Process Engineering design teams on Wood’s current projects,
- Undertaking process design calculations, preparing Process Flow Diagrams, Equipment Specifications and other process documents.
- Assisting in the production of Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams and other process drawings as required.
- Assisting the Lead Process Engineers in undertaking other non-technical tasks as directed, including tracking of comments on issued documents, updating progress measurement and schedule programs.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Quality Assurance Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the project quality management programme as defined in Project Delivery Baseline & the project QA plan is implemented and complied with i.e. PEP and Wood standards / procedures
- Liaising with the Client’s QA representative and to undertake joint audits as required
- To manage an integrated programme of internal project audits and ensure audits are completed in accordance with planned arrangements and specified KPIs
- To manage audit findings to ensure corrective and preventive actions are logged, actioned and closed and root cause established
- To monitor and report project specific KPIs
- To provide proactive support to the project team to identify project work processes which need to be brought under control
- To provide support to the project team to develop fit-for-purpose QA controls to manage project specific work processes i.e. project instruction, process map, procedure etc
- To provide support to the Project Manager in terms of applying quality management and continual improvement techniques to address specific areas of concerns i.e. workshops etc
- Promote the use of Wood’s continual improvement tools
- Ensuring the Project Web Site is maintained up-to-date and promote its use across the project team
- Supporting the HSSEA Manager with quality and continuous improvement initiatives to be rolled out on the project
- Facilitating project lessons learned workshops and to assist in capturing key lessons for future projects
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Quality Assurance Manager with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. The ideal candidate will be responsibile for Providing a proactive quality management service to the integrated project execution team in accordance with contractual requirements as well as meeting / exceeding client expectations as to quality outcomes.
- To ensure the project quality management programme as defined in the project QA plan is implemented and complied with; i.e. PEP and Wood’s standards and procedures including Project Delivery Baseline
- Inducting the project team in the scope and application of the project quality management programme as required
- Ensure the agreed client QA requirements are adopted and complied with
- Provide Quality Management input into proposals, as required
- Liaise with the Client’s QA representative and involve that same in Project QMS and auditing process as prescribed
- Manage an integrated programme of internal project audits and ensure audits are completed in accordance with planned arrangements and specified KPIs
- Manage audit findings to ensure corrective and preventive actions are logged, actioned and closed and root cause established
- Monitor and report project specific KPIs
- Provide proactive support to the project team to identify project work processes which need to be brought under control
- Provide support to the project team to develop fit-for-purpose QA controls to manage project specific work processes i.e. project instruction, process map, procedure etc
- Provide support to the Project Manager in terms of applying quality management and continual improvement techniques to address specific areas of concerns i.e. workshops etc
- Promote the use of Wood’s continual improvement tools
- Supporting corporate HSSEA Manager with quality and continuous improvement initiatives to be rolled out on the project
- Facilitating project lessons learned workshops and to assist in capturing key lessons for future projects.
- Critically review and advise on the corporate quality management system and its processes to ensure continual improvement and advise process owners on their responsibilities where required
- Assist in the mentoring of more junior team members, e.g. through audit shadowing
- To provide input in to corporate reports as required
- To ensure all projects are adequately resourced and managed with respect to Quality Management
- To provide quality management input into proposals as required
Wood is currently looking for a Lead Piping Engineer to work on a permanent basis in our Reading office. This is a highly strategic role within the department and the ideal candidate will be at Principal or Lead level in their career with extensive years of experience within the industry in a similar role. You will have a thorough understanding of Equipment typically encountered in projects and understand any special requirements that these may bring, such as Vibration / Maintenance / Piping configuration.
- Detailed knowledge of Piping Design and Plant Layout aspects
- Proven understanding of Pipe Specification
- Proven skill at support selection
- Capable of pipe routing of all major process and utility piping in accordance with P&ID's and project standards, including specific service conditions and impact on piping design
- Shall be capable of reviewing SPS details; checking/correcting basic deliverables; preparation of Plot Plans in accordance with Project requirements and standards for checking by Layout Engineer
- Capable of representing the project to the Client
- Control of schedule and man hour budgets
- Possess management skills and the ability to deliver projects
- Issue clear directions on targets, communicate concisely and develop the piping team on projects
- Maintain a strong work ethic and understand team dynamics and adjust behaviour to gain maximum advantage
- Understand how to motivate and control designers and engineers to produce quality work on target and to budget
- Understand workshare elements and how to divide work-scopes
Due to exciting project prospects Wood is looking to enhance our Process Technology and Consulting delivery team by appointing a Senior Project Engineer to be based in our Reading office.
This position requires flexibility as the successful candidate will be directly involved in whole lifecycle projects which are won, executed internationally and delivered within an intense 18 month period. In return, we offer work within small multi-disciplinary, multi cultural project teams where responsibilities are shared and visibility is high.
- Appreciation of the commercial implications of daily decisions. Fired heater projects are delivered under lump sum orders - decisions matter
- Understand the nature of and contribute to the identification and control of change
- Understand project work sequences and can contribute to producing deliverables and undertaking activities
- Provide single point coordination between the client, project management, engineering, fabrication disciplines and vendors/suppliers
- Organise, attend, contribute and prepares multidiscipline meetings
- Assure effectiveness of meetings by collating actions and be responsible for expediting the closure of the outstanding actions with any discipline
- Review status, forecast and control work area activities against schedule
- Prepare project and progress reports
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Engineer / Principal Engineer - Rotating & Package Partner with extensive experience in the oil and gas
- Responsible for supporting the objectives of the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Policy, Information Security Management Policies, Values and associated behaviour statements by adhering to applicable Procedures and Work Practices while fulfilling of duties.
- Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude towards safety, both in design and in the office environment.
- Keep up to date with latest industry practices, standards and product development.
- Lead Projects and assigned group of Engineers when required.
- Provide technical input into engineering projects resulting in production of quality deliverable products.
- Understand the requirements and drivers of the project through client supplied documentation and Amec Foster Wheeler management instruction.
- Provide technical support to the design team developing the engineering solution.
- Develop engineering solutions to problems that reflect constructability and operability issues.
- Prepare and check engineering documents on project team.
- Support in the preparation of project specifications, requisitions and evaluations.
- Coordinates with other discipline as and when required.
- Coordinates with other Amec Foster Wheeler affiliated offices with respect to work share.
- Keeps abreast of the project strategy and key drivers. Maintain project familiarisation with the project DDI (Discipline Design Instruction).
- Participates on Model Reviews as and when required.
- Report changes to the Lead Engineer.
Amec Foster Wheeler has an opportunity for an Estimator. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Estimating Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- Report to the Section Manager - Estimating, the main function of the role is to support the preparation of proposal and capital project estimates
- Analyze the ITB requirement and project documentation to develop estimates
- Establish the commercial basis for the estimates
- Coordinate and collate inputs from other disciplines for estimates
- Support in risk and contingencies analysis, benchmarking analysis, cash flow analysis and any other activities require by the Manager