Click column header to sort
Amec Foster Wheeler is recruiting a Senior Process Engineer to join our team in Brunei. The project will run over a five-year period with a possible two-year extension. Amec Foster Wheeler has many years of experience in carrying such projects all over the world and it is our intention to bring our world class systems to this project.
Successful applicants will be responsible for the execution and delivery of the Process Engineering. This will include the use of relevant software such as HYSYS, running simulations, producing line lists, data sheets and philosophies. This is an end to end rejuvenation scope and as such, will involve interfacing with other disciplines like, planning, construction, procurement, HVEC and client operations.
- Provide process engineering specialized support to HC development life cycle from appraisal, concept select, design, commissioning to operation of the surface facilities (processing of oil and gas from wellhead and transport to the customer)
- Provide technology development strategies to support long term asset plans
- Provide engineering design services, review, verification and approval of all Process engineering deliverables in various ORP phases:
- Provide input to feasibility studies, concept select and basis for design to new projects and modifications and debottlenecking of existing production facilities. Participation in ORP activities such as opportunity framing, VAR reviews
- Provide process engineering support to conceptual and detailed design including preparation / review of all process engineering deliverables including as building
- Provide support to process engineering related design issues during onshore construction, offshore installation, hook-up and commissioning. This includes the audit / surveillance / review / approval role for EPIC type projects managed by engineering project and Operation departments
- Apart from defined CAPEX / OPEX projects, changes to or work on existing plant raised through MOCs are vetted and approved and where necessary, detailed design performed for the clients. Assist in the review and analysis of inspection results and ensure correct operating / design boundaries are used in the assessment of anomalies
- Provide support to resolve adhoc operational process problems. An element of this is towards emergency breakdown / repair / remedial works support to operators and executing departments
- Ensure that the HEMP is implemented in the execution of project and design. HEMP tools include HAZOP, HAZID, QRA, and IPF
- Technical Assurance support, manage technical integrity and provide advice on technical assurance requirements for Process engineering and facilities operating envelopes, for the works done in-house or by consultants
- Provide coaching to local staff and NPs
- Keep abreast of new developments in process engineering technology. Develop and maintain as required, process engineering design standards to ensure fit for purpose state and to adapt the standards considering operational experience and new technology development
- Exercise data owner responsibilities for the following data categories:
- Facilities process engineering design data, equipment and system specification, design analysis reports and drawings
- BSP Process engineering standards and guidelines
- BSP Process design software tools
Amec Foster Wheeler is recruiting a Lead Piping Engineer to join our growing team in Brunei. The exciting project will run for at least five years, adopting our world class systems and making use of our extensive global expertise.
Successful applicants will be responsible for the leadership, management, supervision and guidance of the day to day activities for delivery of Piping Engineering scope. This scope will cover engineering deliverables, planning and scheduling of personnel’s workload. This is an end to end rejuvenation scope and as such will involve interfacing with other disciplines, planning, construction, procurement, HVEC and client operations.
You will ensure the competence of Piping team group personnel, establishment of fit for purpose and effective planning practices, and creation of procedures and processes within the overall rejuvenation team. In addition, you will be tasked to ensure that the Piping team is resourced with the necessary skills, knowledge and numbers in delivering the Piping scope.
- Represent Contractor in Coordination with Company Discipline Heads / Project Team for monitoring of Company Standards and quality
- Review any design work carried out by third parties (vendors) and participate in some instances, lead HAZOP, HAZID, IPF, reliability studies, and Safety and Facilities Technical Audits
- Establish the actual (as opposed to design) capacities / capabilities of existing field facilities to identify potential bottlenecks and scope for optimization
- Identify potential applications for new technology
- Develop actively the local staff to fulfill engineers and managing role
- Know the environmental aspects (ISO14001) of oil and gas design
- Know the safety aspects of design in relation to the project cycle (e.g. HAZID, HAZOP, HAZAN, IPF classification methodology and implementation, reliability studies, Fire and Gas mapping and risk analysis techniques)
- Conduct life cycle cost analysis
- Prepare Engineering, construction and material estimation, schedule, resource planning and update resource capacity planning half-yearly
Amec Foster Wheeler is recruiting for a Senior Materials Controller (Home Office) to join our team in Brunei. The project will run over a four years period with a possible two-year extension. Amec Foster Wheeler has many years of experience in carrying such projects all over the world and it is our intention to bring our world-class systems to this project.
You will join the Supply Chain Management (SCM) function which is responsible for the end to end management of the external supply chain in the provision of equipment and materials provided by third party suppliers in the execution of Projects. Working closely with our Customer, Project Management and Engineering to mitigate any risks in the supply chain and maximize the opportunities to aid excellence in Project Delivery, in terms of technical assurance, cost, schedule and delivery of the purchased supply. The disciplines covered include Purchasing, Expediting, Logistics, Materials Management and Supplier Quality Inspection.
- Commit to and promote Amec Foster Wheeler’s values and ensuring the realization of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures
- Be a safety role model in safe delivery of required work, demonstrable experience in intervention and coaching of reports to ensure both implementation and maintenance of best practice at all times
- Implement materials management strategies and plans
- Ensure all materials databases and project reporting tools are updated and maintained concisely and accurately with the latest information
- Ensure that material code creation is conducted accurately, concisely and in a consistent manner
- Ensure that material requisitions are processed for procurement action in a timely and compliant manner
- Manage all materials between Expediting function, Suppliers & Service providers to ensure safe and timely delivery including the issue of Material Movement Tickets (MMT’s)
- Produce, maintain and issue Project status reports
- Produce pick-lists in line with planned and reactive requirements
- Assist overall function in the ongoing material reconciliation and close out of work scope(s)
- Provide support and guidance to other team members and assist with their development
- Support Materials Lead as necessary, acting stand in as required
Wood is currently recruiting for a Construction Assurance Technician (Building and Civils) at either Assistant Consultant / Consultant grade in one of our London, Reading, or Leamington Spa offices. The purpose of this role is to provide specialist advice and checking of the compliance of a construction project against employer’s requirements, detailed design and statutory construction standards. The role may require the individual to undertake the position of Independent Certifier, Clerk of Works or Supervisor (NEC).
This position is ideally suited to an individual early in their career who his looking for career progression within the Professional Services/Consultancy environment and has had some Construction Site Management experience.
- Become familiar with all the relevant drawings and written instructions, checking them, and use them as a reference when inspecting the work.
- Review and ensure compliance of technical drawings.
- Ensure all construction work complies with relevant Health and Safety regulations.
- Monitor the progress of the Project, making visual inspections and taking measurements and samples on site to make sure that the work and the materials meet the specifications and quality standards.
- Review any proposed changes to the designs provided or to be provided by the Contractor (including by other Consultants) for compliance with the design of the Project and report to the Client.
- Observe the construction and comment on deviation from the design.
- Attend Site Progress meetings with the Contractor, Project Team and other Consultants
- Attend project meetings with the Client (in conjunction with Site Progress Meetings)
- Support the Client Project Manager with respect to management of design changes and act as interface between the Project team and the Contractor.
- Establish completion criteria based on project requirements.
- Management of client’s technical queries.
- Defects rectification management.
- Management of Close Out documentation and transitions.
- Act as deputy for the Construction Assurance Manager
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. Represented by Amec Foster Wheeler E & I GmbH in Germany, Wood employs over 40 employees across four offices.
Our key activities lie in Engineering, EHS Consulting and Infrastructure and focus on servicing the supply chains of our clients in industrial, chemical, pharmaceutical, infrastructure, energy and mining sectors as well as clients in the public domain.
It is our aspiration to offer technically outstanding solutions through dedicated teams and to be a service provider who enjoys a high level of trust among its customers, who is a reliable employer and who values investors as partners.
For our office in Kaiserslautern we are currently seeking a Full-Stack Web Developer
As a full-stack web developer in our team your activities will focus on conception, implementation and documentation of our web and mobile software solutions. The requirements of clients and internal teams will be analysed and within the team you will contribute to the design and realisation of possible solutions.
As part of an international team you will support our project personnel. Your main tasks will include:
- Development and maintenance of software solutions in geographical information systems (GIS)
- Evaluation, design and implementation of project requirements in close cooperation with other internal departments and our clients.
This role resides within the PTAC of Wood. Downstream Process Engineers, specifically those with refinery and petrochemical experience, are required at the Principal Process Consultant level to support the business winning and execution of PTAC studies.
PTAC are Wood's specialist in-house consultancy that focuses on advising clients, investors and asset owners on making the right investment decisions for their projects. This team has the skills, experience, and creativity to add value from the earliest screening or conceptual phases through to the establishment of a robust basis of design in the pre-FEED stage, ready for FEED. The remit of PTAC is to win and execute studies in the areas of Refining, Petrochemicals, LNG, XTL (GTL / CTL / BTL), carbon capture and emerging technologies.
- Execute and provide technical and supervisory support to projects within Wood's PTAC group
- Involved in conceptual and feasibility studies, optimisation work, and pre-FEED stages
- Work closely with customers to understand their needs and produce designs and services to meet these needs
- Be flexible, supporting several studies at the same time without missing milestones
- Provide technical support to business winning activities as required (e.g.: generate and present technical papers, attend conferences, support proposal activities)
- Able and willing to manage small technical teams including setting clear technical direction
- Coach and mentor less experienced staff
- Support recruitment activities and hold technical interviews
- Identify issues and propose solutions using innovative and novel solutions, plus ability to grasp unfamiliar concepts
- Complete technical design work to a high standard without supervision using Wood and Client design methods, standards and data
- Understand and propose wider business goals and guide the input and decision making for the department
- Create a solid professional network within their immediate discipline and actively develops connections in the wider business community
- Identifies deficiencies and improvement changes to established Wood design methods, standards and data
Wood have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated Major Hazards Principal Consultant, with an expertise in applying this to major accidents/disasters to the environment for COMAH and EIA 2017 regulations purposes to join the team in one of the following offices: Reading, Bristol, or London.
Joining Wood’s successful process safety and major hazard risk team, high quality delivery, innovation, relationships and winning new business will be important to you.
• Delivering and leading high quality projects to clients across several industry sectors, including oil, gas, chemical and major infrastructure sectors
• A focus on COMAH, Major Accidents to the Environment (MATTE) and Major Accidents and Disasters assessment for planning (EIA) purposes
• Managing client relationships and winning work
• Technical innovation
• Managing projects and mentoring junior team members
• Networking with other group companies
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions have an opportunity for a motivated and client focused individual with around 6 years experience to join and contribute to our successful and expanding remediation and ground engineering team. The successful candidate will join our growing team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technically excellent solutions.
We have an opportunity for a contaminated land / geoenvironmental professional supporting our broad range of public and private sector clients on a variety of projects, within the UK, Europe and globally. Key requirements include technical knowledge and robustness, flexibility and the desire to continue improving performance in all aspects of your role.
We are working on some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
- Delivery of technical elements of projects and proposals within agreed budgets in relation to time, cost and quality
- Management of site works, including specifying and managing ground investigation contracts
- Development of remediation options appraisals and strategies, management of remediation contractors is desirable
- Ensuring that all work is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions are seeking a senior level decommissioning and demolition management professional to help develop our expanding site restoration team. The successful candidate will join our growing world class E&IS team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technical excellence both we and our clients expect.
This is a Senior level position that can be based in any of our offices in the United Kingdom with the following key remit:
- Work with our existing engineers and project planners to produce outline and detailed decommissioning and demolition plans, preparation of contracts and management of site decommissioning and demolition works
- Work with our existing client base to grow our current workload
- Work closely with the UK and European Management Team to identify target clients, develop relationships and grow our decommissioning and demolition work across the UK, Europe and Middle East region, focusing on the Industrial, Power and Oil and Gas Sectors
- Work with the global E&I business to help develop further our global decommissioning and demolition management capability and experience contributing to wider growth in this service area including inputs to key bids
- Work with other areas in the Wood business to develop relationships, share knowledge and expertise and deliver world class solutions for our clients
Wood currently has a requirement in our Design HSE Group within the Engineering Department for Principal and Senior Environmental Engineers to work on an agency basis in our Reading office. We have a number of projects developing in the near future and we are looking for engineers to become members of an experienced team. The successful candidate will have responsibility for resolution of Design HSE / Environmental engineering and design issues and the development of related deliverables across a range of Wood's projects at all stages of the design process.
We are currently looking for engineers with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle, from studies and FEED to EPC and PMC, to ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our client’s requirements. Projects are generally in the upstream oil and gas, midstream, LNG, refining and petrochemicals sectors.
Applicants with a background and in these sectors and experience in Design HSE / Environmental engineering and design and the development of related deliverables in an engineering contracting organisation should apply.
- Reporting to the Group Manager Environmental, you will join a team of Design HSE professionals delivering Design HSE requirements to multi-disciplinary projects
- Required to manage Design HSE requirements to ensure the delivery of high quality technical solutions to our clients, meeting project milestones
- Expectation that you may be the project focal point to manage environmental issues and will either work as a sole Environmental Engineer on the project, or as part of a larger team
Skills / Qualifications
- Substantial experience in the HSE profession, and with an Environmental focus, in the oil and gas industry both in the UK and overseas with FEED and EPC experience, including design office project HSE management and preferably site based HSE management roles
- Relevant first and preferably further degree level qualifications covering preferably in Engineering then Design HSE / Environmental disciplines
- Preferably Chartered or equivalent status in an Engineering Institution and / or one or more of the relevant Technical HSE / Environmental disciplines professional bodies
- Significant experience in one or more of the Technical HSE Disciplines with an Environmental emphasis
- Oil & Gas, Refinery or Petrochemical experience
- Experience in a professional engineering contracting, environmental engineering or consultancy capacity
- A wide range of EIA and related permitting experience
- Computer modelling skills with relevant application software
- Fully conversant with ISO 14001