Click column header to sort
Wood is looking recruiting for a a Principal Process Consultant to join our specialist in-house consultancy that focuses on advising clients, investors and asset owners on making the right investment decisions for their projects.
This team has the skills, experience, and creativity to add value from the earliest screening or conceptual phases through to the establishment of a robust basis of design in the pre-FEED stage, ready for FEED. The remit of PTAC is to win and execute studies in the areas of Refining, Petrochemicals, LNG, XTL (GTL / CTL / BTL), carbon capture and emerging technologies.
- Execute and provide technical and supervisory support to projects within Wood's PTAC group
- Involved in conceptual and feasibility studies, optimisation work, and pre-FEED stages
- Work closely with customers to understand their needs and produce designs and services to meet these needs
- Be flexible, supporting several studies at the same time without missing milestones
- Provide technical support to business winning activities as required (e.g.: generate and present technical papers, attend conferences, support proposal activities)
- Able and willing to manage small technical teams including setting clear technical direction
- Coach and mentor less experienced staff
- Support recruitment activities and hold technical interviews
- Identify issues and propose solutions using innovative and novel solutions, plus ability to grasp unfamiliar concepts
- Complete technical design work to a high standard without supervision using Wood and Client design methods, standards and data
- Understand and propose wider business goals and guide the input and decision making for the department
- Create a solid professional network within their immediate discipline and actively develops connections in the wider business community
- Identifies deficiencies and improvement changes to established Wood design methods, standards and data
Wood have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated Principal Safety and Risk Consultant, with an expertise in applying this to major hazards and safety, including COMAH to join the team in one of the following offices: Birchwood, Bristol, Leamington or Reading.
Joining Wood’s successful process safety and major hazard risk team, high quality delivery, innovation, relationships and winning new business will be important to you.
• Delivering and leading high quality projects to clients across several industry sectors, including oil, gas, chemical and major infrastructure sectors
• Proven expertise in major hazards, safety risk assessment, process safety consultancy, COMAH and Major Accidents to the Environment (MATTE)
• Managing client relationships and winning work
• Technical innovation and delivery
• Managing projects and mentoring junior team members
• Networking with other group companies
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions have an opportunity for a motivated and client focused individual with around 6 years experience to join and contribute to our successful and expanding remediation and ground engineering team. The successful candidate will join our growing team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technically excellent solutions.
We have an opportunity for a contaminated land / geoenvironmental professional supporting our broad range of public and private sector clients on a variety of projects, within the UK, Europe and globally. Key requirements include technical knowledge and robustness, flexibility and the desire to continue improving performance in all aspects of your role.
We are working on some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
- Delivery of technical elements of projects and proposals within agreed budgets in relation to time, cost and quality
- Management of site works, including specifying and managing ground investigation contracts
- Development of remediation options appraisals and strategies, management of remediation contractors is desirable
- Ensuring that all work is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions are seeking a senior level decommissioning and demolition management professional to help develop our expanding site restoration team. The successful candidate will join our growing world class E&IS team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technical excellence both we and our clients expect.
This is a Senior level position that can be based in any of our offices in the United Kingdom with the following key remit:
- Work with our existing engineers and project planners to produce outline and detailed decommissioning and demolition plans, preparation of contracts and management of site decommissioning and demolition works
- Work with our existing client base to grow our current workload
- Work closely with the UK and European Management Team to identify target clients, develop relationships and grow our decommissioning and demolition work across the UK, Europe and Middle East region, focusing on the Industrial, Power and Oil and Gas Sectors
- Work with the global E&I business to help develop further our global decommissioning and demolition management capability and experience contributing to wider growth in this service area including inputs to key bids
- Work with other areas in the Wood business to develop relationships, share knowledge and expertise and deliver world class solutions for our clients
Wood currently has a requirement in our Design HSE Group within the Engineering Department for Principal and Senior Environmental Engineers to work on an agency basis in our Reading office. We have a number of projects developing in the near future and we are looking for engineers to become members of an experienced team. The successful candidate will have responsibility for resolution of Design HSE / Environmental engineering and design issues and the development of related deliverables across a range of Wood's projects at all stages of the design process.
We are currently looking for engineers with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle, from studies and FEED to EPC and PMC, to ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our client’s requirements. Projects are generally in the upstream oil and gas, midstream, LNG, refining and petrochemicals sectors.
Applicants with a background and in these sectors and experience in Design HSE / Environmental engineering and design and the development of related deliverables in an engineering contracting organisation should apply.
- Reporting to the Group Manager Environmental, you will join a team of Design HSE professionals delivering Design HSE requirements to multi-disciplinary projects
- Required to manage Design HSE requirements to ensure the delivery of high quality technical solutions to our clients, meeting project milestones
- Expectation that you may be the project focal point to manage environmental issues and will either work as a sole Environmental Engineer on the project, or as part of a larger team
Skills / Qualifications
- Substantial experience in the HSE profession, and with an Environmental focus, in the oil and gas industry both in the UK and overseas with FEED and EPC experience, including design office project HSE management and preferably site based HSE management roles
- Relevant first and preferably further degree level qualifications covering preferably in Engineering then Design HSE / Environmental disciplines
- Preferably Chartered or equivalent status in an Engineering Institution and / or one or more of the relevant Technical HSE / Environmental disciplines professional bodies
- Significant experience in one or more of the Technical HSE Disciplines with an Environmental emphasis
- Oil & Gas, Refinery or Petrochemical experience
- Experience in a professional engineering contracting, environmental engineering or consultancy capacity
- A wide range of EIA and related permitting experience
- Computer modelling skills with relevant application software
- Fully conversant with ISO 14001