Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Quantity Surveyors to join our growing commercial team within our Programme and Project Solutions (PPS) business in our London office. Established within Environment & Infrastructure (E&IS), PPS provides whole life cycle cost and commercial management across a wide range of markets and sectors. We are expanding our capability in Scotland and this role is key to its growth. This is an exciting opportunity be part of and shape a newly developing team.
We are looking for two experienced quantity surveyors or cost consultants to join PPS Commercial to support in its growth directly to external clients and internal projects across the wider business. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this could be the opportunity for you.
We are recruiting for two quanitity surveyors with an emphasis on either pre-contract or post-contract experience. To perform the role of senior quantity surveyor / cost consultant. Primarily based in London, working with the PPS commercial function, support internal business units and external clients in project whole life cycle commercial management.
The roles will be an integral part of PPS that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project. There is a specific need to develop the pre-contract and posts-contract aspects of our commercial service delivery.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Advising external clients and internal project teams on commercial management and best practice
- Applying value management techniques at the outset of a project.
- Estimating and cost planning activities
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed on whether for a client or Wood
- Being a key interface with client and other consultants at all project stages
- Handling of contractual frameworks and standard forms of contract
- Managing the commercial control of subcontract packages
- Maximising of value recovery, cost control and cash management
- Protecting Wood’s contractual position
- Promote commercial awareness of the delivery teams
- Managing professional development of yourself and people within the team
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
Wood is recruiting a Senior Civil Engineer to join the team in our Knutsford office.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure provides a wide range of environmental and engineering services to both the municipal and industrial markets; especially in utilities, water, wastewater and solid waste management/treatment.
As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, an opportunity has arisen for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our team based in Knutsford. Working within multidisciplinary project design teams, you will contribute to the delivery of the civil engineering design content on a range of challenging projects across our market sectors.
Based in our Knutsford office, you will lead civil engineering input to a portfolio of different projects in the water and waste sectors. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to play an important role in our growing team. Key responsibilities will include delivery and management of design activities. You will also be involved in tenders, proposals and quality management.
Duties will include field investigations, analyses and studies, as well as the development of plans, construction drawings, specifications, design calculations, reports and contract documents. The position will be technically involved in detailed design work, detailed checking of work completed by others, coordination of civil and non-civil designs on multi-disciplinary projects, as well as resolution of design issues during construction.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Security System Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Define the technical requirements and scope for all technical and physical security systems to be delivered within the programme of work to ensure a site-wide fully integrated security system is designed, approved and accepted
- Ensure the EPR security design and specifications are interpreted correctly and new designs are up to date, fit for purpose, and meet regulations and requirements
- Ensure detailed documented records are created and maintained to ensure future clarity of the process and outcomes
- Support the delivery of the program activities to ensure they are delivered safely, on time, to budget, meeting business & technical requirements
- Monitor the progress of the program - track progress against milestones, deadlines, and provide key stakeholders with reports on these matters
- Anticipate, manage and resolve issues within the program. Identify risks and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised, develop and update the programme, and escalate any issues to the Engineering Manager
- Interface with other programs to ensure a high-level view of how the total project is progressing to identify and adopt the use of best practice
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all project team members
Wood is currently looking for a Principal Process Control Engineer to work on the engineering and project management services for our office in al - Khobar in Saudi Arabia. This represents an excellent development opportunity for individuals interested to work in Saudi Arabia, with most assignments expected to be for at least one year’s duration with the opportunity of further extension for the right candidates.
- Responsible for the co - ordination and progress of process control applications design for one or more projects, as assigned, under the supervision of the Process / Engineering / Project Manager
- Participate after contract award in discussions with Client to assess and assist in the definition of user requirements. Prepare Process Control and Operations Philosophy document incorporating user requirements. Carry out site surveys and technical investigations
- Review and develop Process Flow Diagrams, Engineering Flow Diagrams and develop the control schemes to fully utilise the capabilities of modern microprocessor control systems. Show additional instrumentation required to implement these control strategies in conjunction with Process Engineers and Instrument and Engineering Group (Engineering Department). Assess the economic payback of such schemes
- Solve process control applications problem that are recognised during development of the Front End Package or detailed engineering, using dynamic simulation if necessary
- Assist Control Systems Engineer by preparing the process requirements for the control system and (if needed) process control computer. Prepare Complex Control Scheme Descriptions and / or Process Specifications showing the requirements of the loops including signal linearisation and multiplication, division ratio
- Provide constants associated with mathematic and other process control data. Hold discussions with the Client to clarify control strategy, operating philosophies, manning requirements, generation of management reports and process information displays
- Prepare Sequence Descriptions and Logic Diagrams (flowcharts) for sequencing operations and batch control. Participate in Hazop and SIL Reviews during detailed engineering
- Determine loop algorithms and initial controller settings for critical complex loops by simulation where necessary
- Develop control system graphics and process information displays such as energy balances and equipment process performance monitoring
- Assist the Control Systems Engineer with the control system factory acceptance test at the Supplier's works
- Specify and coordinate the work of Process Control Applications Software Suppliers. Prepare test data and carry out acceptance tests
- Assist the Principal / Senior Commissioning Engineer in the preparation of Operating Manuals. Provide site assistance at start up, with operator training, loop tuning during commissioning and hand over to Client
- Ensure that Process Control calculations and other documents are filed in the proper manner at the conclusion of design work. Ensure that any items of technical information of lasting interest and use which become available during the design of a project are incorporated in Process Control Section Group Files
- Familiar with the current application of computer systems to Amec Foster Wheeler's business and endeavour to optimise their use and development within the project / department budget, both to solve technical problems and to promote the effective management of information. These systems will include the application of CAD, PDS, DMRS and SMILE etc
- Assist Control Systems Engineer to prepare control system enquiry requisition by providing user requirements (contained in Process Control and Operations Philosophy) and assist in Technical Bid Analysis
We are looking to recruit two key positions to support our growth in international ESIA works and need to recruit a number of staff with varying levels of experience within this broad requirements. We're looking for experience in the management of EIA’s or ESIA with a strong track record in the oil and gas sector.
Post will be based in the UK (initially Reading) but experience of delivery of non–UK projects is essential, ideally this experience will include works within the Middle East. This should include projects undertaken both in-line with IFC performance standards and to local national legislative regimes.
We have an excellent opportunity for a stakeholder engagement/communications specialist or planner with postgraduate experience to join our successful and well-respected consultation and stakeholder engagement team in either London or Bristol.
The role would see you delivering consultation, stakeholder engagement and communications strategies for infrastructure projects and developments across the UK and joining a growing team of specialists within this discipline.
You would support the implementation of best-practice consultation, stakeholder engagement and communications strategies on behalf of both public and private sector clients for some of the most high-profile projects in the UK.
This role wound involve working on an exciting portfolio of well-known projects for developers such as National Grid and Heathrow Airport as well as agencies such as the Planning Advisory Service and the Homes and Communities Agency.
This is a great opportunity to join our growing team and to shape your future career within one of the country’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies.
You will be responsible for supporting the consultation and stakeholder engagement team in the development and implementation of consultation strategies for external clients, the delivery of community and wider stakeholder consultations and engagement events and the production of communications materials and reports.
The role requires a good understanding of the requirements for consultation, communications and engagement with a range of stakeholders, good written and verbal communication skills, efficient time management and the careful handling of client relationships.
Your main responsibilities within this role would include:
- Assisting with the production and implementation of stakeholder engagement strategies, advertising strategies and social media strategies
- Supporting internal and external engagement, consultation and communications teams in the development and delivery of consultation material
- Formulating and attending programmes of public drop-in consultation events, working within specific budgets and timeframes and coordinating internal and external colleagues from all technical disciplines
- Preparing communication materials such as web copy, brochures, newsletters and exhibition boards
- Assisting with analysing consultation feedback and writing consultation feedback reports
- Supporting the day to day management of client relationships and external agencies
Wood is currently recruiting for a Distributed Control System (DCS) Engineer with automation and control system design experience preferable in the Nuclear industry.
The main duties and responsibilities of the DCS Engineer will be :
- To develop the detailed technical solutions typically associated with the replacement of existing /obsolete Distributed Control Systems
- To define scopes of work, costs and schedules
- To support the transition from concept/FEED to execution.
- To implement engineering solutions typically required to solving obsolescence, disaster recovery, cyber security and technology road maps aligned with OEM development plans
- To provide input to project execution planning
- To undertake site surveys, confirm accuracy of existing documentation
- To attend customer meetings such as the kick off, progress meetings, technical clarifications, queries, close out and lesson learned sessions
- To typically act as the interface between the project and customer organisation at a technical level
- To coordinate, expedite and undertake the review of Vendor documentation in accordance with project procedures
- To prepare Test Procedures
- To prepare Detail Design Specifications
- To prepare DCS configuration
- To prepare HMI configuraiton
- To promote and comply with Wood and Client’s HSSE policies and procedures
- To champion of Wood's Quality Program and Procedures
- To take reasonable care of your own health and safety and of others who may be affected by your actions
- Not to misuse any equipment and report any damaged equipment
- To report all injuries, incidents and near misses and to proactively support our behavioural based observation system
Applicants must be British or EEA national and have resided in the UK continuously for a minimum of 5 years and be eligible for National securtiy clearance.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Engineer - Process with relevant experience in the refinery, oil and gas and petrochemical industry.
- Prepare and check PFD and HMB
- Prepare and check P&ID, UDD, MSD, PSFS and C&E diagrams
- Review and check the design for vessel, pump, line and control valve as per standards and tools
- Review and check the safety valve relief load calculation (as per API standard)
- Review and check data sheets for equipment, packages, instruments, CVs and PSVs
- Prepare design basis, philosophy and control narrative
- Conduct dynamic simulation study, transient study, surge study, Minimum Metal Design Temperature (MDMT) study, etc.
- Conduct depressurization studies, flare load estimation and flare system design
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines, vendors and client
Due to continuing success in London and the South-East, we are looking to recruit a Consultant to play a key role providing support in Wood’s Climate, Resilience & Sustainability (CRS) Team.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant contribution to the continued success and growth of a reputable and successful team and contribute to a wide range of high-profile projects across Wood’s business. You will have a strong academic background in the fields of: climate resilience; adaptation; energy; carbon management and / or sustainability.
A key feature of the role will be supporting Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for climate change resilience and mitigation. You will be working with a wide range of clients including some of the largest infrastructure projects in the UK. Beyond this your role will see you being responsible for providing support to the Environmental Assessment team, delivering Climate, Resilience & Sustainability consultancy services.
You will join an enthusiastic and supportive team and will experience a challenging and fulfilling working environment. There are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development within the Climate, Resilience & Sustainability field and across Wood’s wider Environment & Infrastructure Solutions consultancy business.
The post holder will be required to visit client premises and Wood’s other offices and a full driving licence would be desirable although not essential.
Wood Enviroment and Infrastructure Solutions are currently recruiting for a Senior/Principal Consultant to work in either our London, Reading, Bristol, Edinburgh or Brussels office.
Our Environmental Policy and Economics Team is at the forefront of providing policy, technical and economic advice on the development and implementation of environmental policy and business response to policy at a strategic level. We work for a variety of customers, such as the European Commission, international institutions / development banks and UK Government Departments and Agencies, as well as for industry trade associations and individual companies. Our projects help to directly influence the development and improvement of environmental policies in the UK, EU and beyond.
We have a long track record and an exciting portfolio of contracts and frameworks on policy development at an EU and UK level. This is an opportunity to join one of the top consultancies involved in supporting development and implementation of European and national environmental policy.
This is an exciting opportunity to take a leading role in helping to expand our climate change mitigation policy work. It will involve winning, leading and delivering projects that influence how climate change mitigation and other policy is developed and implemented at a national and international level. You will work in multi-disciplinary teams, providing policy development and implementation; evaluation of policies and technical measures; cost-benefit analysis; model development; stakeholder consultation; report writing and verbal presentation.
From the outset you will be tasked with growing our existing pipeline of opportunities and supporting project delivery, relating to energy and climate mitigation. You will have experience of working in multidisciplinary teams, as well as being a self-starter who is able to balance workload effectively.
Wood is currently recruiting for an Associate Director Building Services in one of our Birmingham, Leamington Spa, Reading or London offices.
The candidate will be a competent professional with both practical and leadership experience with the following, associated with mechanical building services systems and associated sub-systems:
- Undertaking and leading concept and detailed designs (assessments, calculations, schedules and drawings)
- Undertaking and leading condition survey assessments
- Preparing and reviewing technical notes, reports, detailed drawings and specifications
- Providing technical advice, guidance and support
- Contributing to design projects nationally
- Committed to sustainable design with knowledge of current techniques and technologies as applied to own discipline and wider building services
- Monitoring of works onsite for technical compliance.
- Developing and maintaining excellent client relationships
- Engaging effectively with architects, other design team members and external parties at the highest level Mentoring staff and coordinate delivery of multi-disciplinary project teams
- Excellent communication skills both internally and within the design team environment
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, representing Wood., at external meetings and at presentations.
- Ability to communicate clearly in written, sketch and drawn forms to people at all levels.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office software including Word and Excel
- Competent user of industry standard design and calculation software (e.g. HEVACOMP, IES or TAS and thermal modelling)
- Competent user of NES specification software.
Standards, Regulations and Procedures
- Competent in the application of British (European) Standards, UK legislation (Health, safety, security and environmental), Water Bye Laws, Building Regulations, energy conservation, low carbon technologies and CIBSE Design Guides
- Competent in the application and management of design and quality assurance procedures.
- Capable of planning and managing complex projects from concept through completion to deliver required financial performance
- Commercially aware with an appreciation of capital and whole life cost.
- A can do, hands on approach, able to work well under pressure and prioritise workload to meet project needs
- Willing and quick to adapt to project/team needs and learn from experience
- Flexible, adaptable and collaborative approach to multidisciplinary design, willing to engage across the design disciplines
- Organised and methodical but open minded approach to the design process
- Significant, demonstrable experience in a design consultancy environment
- Portfolio of relevant work demonstrating required competencies across broad sectors including; industrial, defence, education, commercial and healthcare.
Wood is seeking to expand and develop its existing successful Transport, Planning and Design team within its Environment and Infrastructure Solutions business based in Birmingham and Leamington Spa. We are looking for a dynamic team player to support the development of the Traffic and Highway Engineering capability in either office.
Key private and public sector clients include organisations such as The Crown Estate, Defence Infrastructure Organisation, Homes England, National Grid, and a wide range of Local Authorities and private developers.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Your role will involve the design development of traffic engineering projects from feasibility, outline design through to detailed design and implementation. Your role will also be to support senior staff members in bid preparation and to develop and mentor junior staff. Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Developing traffic engineering and sustainable transport projects from feasibility through to detailed design and implementation
- Supporting senior staff with the preparation of bids and fee proposals
- Preparing technical reports, drawings and be able to present to client/stakeholders
- Ensuring technical content and deliverables are in line with project briefs and Wood’s Quality Management System
- Being a point of contact for client/stakeholder engagement
- Liaising and coordinating projects between disciplines and other Wood offices
- Undertaking health, safety and welfare and fulfil Designer duties under CDM 2015
Amec Foster Wheeler is recruiting a QC Painting & Coating Inspector - Offshore to join our growing team in Brunei. The exciting project will run for at least five years, adopting our world - class systems and making use of our extensive global expertise.
Successful applicants will be responsible for the leadership, management, supervision and guidance of the day to day activities for delivery of the Quality Management scope. This scope will cover deliverables, planning, option selection and economic reviews. This is an end to end rejuvenation scope and as such will involve interfacing with other disciplines, planning, construction, procurement, and client operations.
- Ensure verification, inspection and release activities are carried out in a timely manner as per approved Quality Control Plans, procedures, standards and specifications
- Attend pre - inspection planning meetings / progress meetings
- Familiar with the requisition requirements and package / equipment specifications and drawings
- Familiar with the Suppliers / Sub - contractors Quality Control Plans / Inspection Test Plans and procedures
- Prepare and submit Supplier / Sub - contractor visit reports
- Raise Non - conformances reports and expedite their close out
- Be aware of concessions raised, approved and / or rejected by the requisitioning engineer
- Monitor package / equipment compliance to statutory regulations (i.e. CE marking)
- Release package / equipment as per project inspection and release process (IRC)
- Review Supplier / Sub - contractor Fabrication / Certification / Data Dossiers on an ongoing basis and prior to release and endorse as appropriate / required
- Report promptly to the Lead Quality Engineer / Inspection Coordinator all matters related to inspection, test and release
- Provide feedback on Supplier / Sub - contractor performance upon request
- Ensure that all necessary quality records are identified and retained in accordance with AMEC, client and regulatory requirements
- Participate (as necessary) in management visits / audits as requested
- Liaise with requisitioning engineer and buyer as appropriate
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal EC&I Engineer with experience in the Nuclear industry.
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients andcommitted to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
- To be part of the management team to deliver and manage projects / sub-contractors primarily across the Decommissioning portfolio of projects being delivered to Magnox, Urenco, DSRL and other non-Sellafield nuclear sites in the UK and increasingly overseas..
- This person must be capable of working without direct supervision and have the ability to translate a client requirement into a meaningful engineering solution. Good communication and negotiation skills are essential and the aptitude to drive a team of engineers is crucial. Engineering design experience is fundamental and nuclear experience is preferable but not essential.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provision of leading technical expertise valued by clients, being a recognised authority in specialised areas and maintains 'front edge' capability in developing techniques and standards in area of expertise
- Provision of cost-effective engineering design solutions and high-quality customer service
- Acts as Wood Responsible Engineer for projects, possibly involving different technical disciplines and works in a safe and sustainable manner and strives for continuous improvement in these areas
- Produces and submits proposals or tenders for new work, within area of expertise
- Proactively provides mentoring and training for staff as required
- Maintains and develops customer relationships, through reputation, knowledge and experience, to encourage follow-on and new work within the skill area, to promote future business
- Delivery of high quality engineering works to time, quality, budget and customer satisfaction
- Compliance with Engineering Standards and applicable legislation
- Participation in Design Reviews and, where appropriate, organise such reviews. Ensure that subsequent design meets the projects' requirements.
- Maintenance of the technical capability of the delivery team, identify and cover capability shortfalls.
- Ensuring the confidentiality and security of data and information received from clients
- Ensuring the requirements of the Health & Safety of Work act, CDM, Machineries Directive, and the COSHH regulations are understood and complied with.
- Maintaining an overview of the project and provide direction on project process, communications and consistency of approach
- Promotion of a good working relationship
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager with extensive experience leading Brownfield EPC or EPCM projects. This is a Melbourne based role and would act as the main client interface while leading a team to deliver an EPC project to scope, cost and schedule. Experience with directly managing offshore oil and gas projects will be highly regarded.
- Portfolio manage a team of project managers and engineers to deliver projects from front end design, through detailed design, procurement, construction, hand over and close-out
- Overall responsibility for the financial and technical success of a project
- Main stakeholder engagement and management
- Statement of Requirements throughout the phasing of the project from FEED, detail design and site implementation
Amec Foster Wheeler is recruiting a QA / QC Manager to join our growing team in Brunei. The exciting project will run for at least five years, adopting our world class systems and making use of our extensive global expertise.
Successful applicants will be responsible for the leadership, management, supervision and guidance of the day to day activities for delivery of the QA / QC scope. This scope will cover deliverables, planning, option selection and economic reviews. This is an end to end rejuvenation scope and as such will involve interfacing with other disciplines, planning, construction, procurement, and client operations.
- The candidate shall have a dedication and commitment towards quality excellence
- Responsible for the overall management and administration of Contract’s Quality and Management System processes
- Oversee all inspection techniques
Amec Foster Wheeler is recruiting a Package Lead to join our team in Brunei. The project will run over a five - year period with a possible two - year extension. Amec Foster Wheeler has many years of experience in carrying such projects all over the world and it is our intention to bring our world class systems to this project.
The Package Lead will be responsible to the Champion 7 LP Compression Client Project Manager for managing all procurement related activities on the project. They will lead and coordinate the procurement of long lead equipment and bulk materials, in accordance with approved budget, schedule requirements, quality, safety, health and environmental requirements. This is an end to end rejuvenation scope and as such, will involve interfacing with other disciplines like, engineering, planning, construction, procurement, HVEC and client operations. You will be expected to work in a multidiscipline team environment where the overall success of the project is paramount. Amec Foster Wheeler is looking at a right first time approach and as such, we are looking for candidates who can rise to a challenge and are interested in being part of an innovative and driven team.
- Coordinate the preparation of requisitions, technical bid evaluations, commercial bid evaluations, recommendation to award, PO placement with vendors.
- Coordinate and expedite receipt of all vendor documents and their approval and managing formal issuance through document control system.
- Coordinate and expedite all quality related inspections on procured items.
- Liaising with engineering, SCM, client and support services as required
- Review design engineers' output for completeness and clarity of intent, liaise with discipline engineers / TAs for the development of work orders / packs, major / minor plant changes and repairs
- Maintain an overview of the project procurement status in the associated WMS systems and provide progress updates to the PM
- Ensure all works are carried out in accordance with the BSP and Amec Foster Wheeler standards and in line with industry standards and good engineering practices
- Responsible for the accuracy of procurement activity estimations and obtaining agreement on additional norms requirements
- Support the development of construction aids for offshore installation of each equipment
- Support the adoption of a fit - for - purpose approach and seek design approval to ensure design intent is achieved
- Monitor and highlight in good time any constraints in procurement process, propose and recommend solutions
- Ensure Health & Safety Responsibilities are adhered to and understood, and review Task Risk Assessments and ISSOW PTWs for all work pack scopes
- Establish a relationship and liaise with operations focal points to ensure execution methodology is understood and aligned with operating codes
Wood is playing an exciting part in the resurgence of Nuclear Power Generation in the UK and overseas, and momentum is building. Could you be part of the team?
We are seeking a well-qualified and experienced environmental practitioner to join Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions. Our team works on exciting Nuclear Sector Projects that involve the review, challenge and development of processes and systems, strategy development and supporting decision making in order to demonstrate or improve Environmental Performance.
Candidates have the opportunity to join our sector leading team and to work with our growing client base in the UK and overseas. We are looking to recruit into our E&IS offices located in the South of the UK.
Working with high profile Nuclear industry clients your role will involve leading delivery of projects covering radioactive waste management, environmental permitting, regulation and compliance, which in the UK relates to the Environmental Permitting Regulations and the Radioactive Substances Act.
You will also be required to collaborate with more senior members of the team to support business development initiatives and to secure new and develop existing client relationships.
The role will initially focus on writing proposals and reports, analysis of results and supporting client interactions in line with client and regulatory requirements.
Wood currently has an opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer on a Permanent basis. In this role, you will be responsible to provide and support structural engineering activities to Wood projects currently under way, as well as acting as originator for selected engineering deliverables (specifications, procedures, SACS computer analyses, calculations, 2D drawings, MTOs and structural design
reports), whilst following all operational procedures. The role will be based in Staines.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, able to work independently, and have demonstrable leadership qualities. They will be confident in their own ability to deliver the Structural scope on a project on time and within budget, while facilitating effective work share with other execution centres around the world.
- Coordinates with all disciplines (as necessary) in the preparation and development of the above
- Performs preliminary sizing for structural members to provide preliminary input to Structural 3D and 2D modelling
- Prepares structural computer models using SACS for primary steel geometry and loadings, and undertakes structural
analyses for all anticipated operating, installation, transportation, loadout and fabrication conditions
- Ensures structural compliance with structural specifications as well as applicable code requirements and national / international standards.
- Prepares structural engineering input for secondary and tertiary steel design, prepares structural design sketches for
input to 3D modelling/ 2D drawing production and prepares computed aided or hand calculations for justification of structural configuration for compliance with specifications and relevant design codes.
- Prepares or checks structural design reports to fully document structural primary and secondary steel design to demonstrate compliance with design codes and specifications
- Undertakes structural weight estimation for input into the project weight report
- Reviews relevant client provided and vendor data for structural implications and requirements
- Reports on work status / problem areas / needs
Wood currently has an opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer on a Permanent basis. In this role, you will be responsible for Producing adequate drawings, specifications, data sheets, calculations and other pertinent engineering and design documentation to enable the procurement of electrical equipment packages and their subsequent installation, commissioning and safe operation. The role will be based in Staines.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, able to work independently, and have demonstrable leadership qualities. They will be confident in their own ability to deliver the Electrical scope on a project on time and within budget, while facilitating effective work share with other execution centres around the world.
- Produce designs for Electrical systems and equipment
- Generation of project deliverable documents, including production, checking and approval as required to meet stated
- Maintain effective interfaces between the Electrical project team and other discipline teams, Client representatives and
other third parties as required
- Maintain co-ordination of design information with Electrical Designers for ongoing design issues
- Represent the Electrical discipline internally and externally as required
- Provide progress reporting input to the Lead Engineer
- Follow discipline and project working procedures
- To participate in development training as agreed with the Electrical Department Manager
- Assist in developing bids for new work
- Assist with ongoing training and development of engineers in engineering & design activities