Click column header to sort
Wood is seeking an Operations Leader, Engineering for the business in Vancouver, B.C.. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with strong business acumen and leadership skills, who will be responsible for driving the business, delighting our customers with flawless execution, and delivering predictable financial outcomes. The successful candidate will lead a multi-discipline engineering operation to ensure all aspects of the business are focused on delivering excellence for our customers. If you are a results driven leader, and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced, growth environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Leading operations for profitable growth, while also developing leaders, engaging staff, and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of a strategic growth plan
- Taking responsibility for successful pursuit of and execution of proposals, and projects.
- Managing staff to ensure safe, cost effective, efficient and timely completion of projects to meet and/or exceed client expectations
- Developing and maintaining communication channels with new and existing clients, stake holders, and internal personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly
- Mentoring and training personnel to groom individuals to become better prepared to take on additional roles and responsibilities
- Alignment and belief with company core values, Care, Commitment, and Courage
- Commitment to building a collaborative and supportive culture, focused on developing employees, delivering for our clients, and growing the business.
- Care for our employees, our clients, and our community, and creating a safety-first culture
- Courage to address operational, staff, project, and client challenges, proactively, collaboratively, and transparently.
Wood is currently seeking to recruit a competent Business Partner People & Organisation (P&O) responsible for the delivery of the people agenda in their area of operational responsibility, partnering with manager’s in the business, providing advice and counsel in people management practices in support of delivering and executing the business plan
The role provides guidance and coaching for effective people management, and is responsible for developing and implementing solutions to support leaders across the entire employee life - cycle This role works in conjunction with the group functions to deliver employee engagement; talent management; workforce planning and resourcing; organisational effectiveness; support change management and mitigate risk through effective employee and industrial relations
The role acts as counsel on people related issues, forming robust stakeholder relationships with customers, with a significant amount of influence required
- Act as key support to P&O Senior Manager, ensuring delivery of P&O objectives through effective relationships and engagement with managers and staff
- Responsible for day to day P&O decisions, ensuring that support and advice are aligned with both business and functional objectives
- Lead and support the implementation of P&O programmes across the employee life cycle
- Identify, understand and address areas of risk in area of responsibility through robust people management processes
- Lead complex case management, supported by group functions
- Pro - actively contribute to the business decision making process by providing guidance and advice across all areas of the employee life cycle
- Lead the project management and delivery of P&O acquisition and integration activities
- Act as representative for the company at appropriate forums
- Support development and succession opportunities within the P&O team
- Work in partnership with Shared Servcies to ensure and assure P&O service excellence within agreed KPIs
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting of P&O metrics and robust analysis and recommendations in support of business decisions
- Advise and influence the business in the way they plan, lead and manage change and its impact on people and working practices
- Support employee communication and engagement
- Support the creation of an organisational culture which fosters innovation and collaboration, continuous improvement and change
- Responsible for P&O policy application, ensuring compliance with relevant group standards, regulatory requirements and operating procedures
- Assure quality on all aspects of delivery, proactively seeking and addressing customer feedback
- Lead by personal example and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the group’s standards and policies
Wood, einem international führenden Anbieter anspruchsvollster Beratungs-, Ingenieurs- und Projektmanagementdienstleistungen im Bereich Infrastruktur, Umwelt, Bergbau sowie in der Erdöl- und Erdgasindustrie. Mit 60.000 Mitarbeitern weltweit bietet Wood interdisziplinäre Lösungen im Bereich Altlastenmanagement, Umweltplanung, Naturschutz, technische Umweltberatung und -auditierung sowie Umweltgenehmigungsmanagement und Technology Services.
Für unseren Standort in Nürnberg benötigen wir ab sofort Ihre Unterstützung im Fachbereich Altlastenmanagement.
- Sie unterstützen unser Geländeteam bei Boden- und Grundwasseruntersuchungen
- Sie begleiten unsere Projektleiter und -geologen im Tagesgeschäft und unterstützen diese bei Datenaufbereitung und -auswertung
- Auch arbeiten Sie eigenständig an Datenrecherchen und sind bei der Organisation und der Erledigung von klassischen Assistenzaufgaben für den gesamten Bereich eine große Hilfe.
Wood ist ein weltweites Dienstleistungsunternehmen mit Tätigkeitsschwerpunkten im Engineering, Umweltconsulting, im Infrastrukturbereich und im Projektmanagement. Mit einem Jahresumsatz von etwa 5,5 Milliarden Britischen Pfund beschäftigt Wood weltweit mehr als 40.000 Mitarbeiter in über 55 Ländern.
Für unseren Standort in Kaiserslautern benötigen wir im Bereich umwelttechnische Standortuntersuchung/-sanierung Ihre Unterstützung.
- Sie begleiten unsere Projektleiter und -geologen im Tagesgeschäft und unterstützen diese bei Datenaufbereitung und -auswertung
- Auch arbeiten Sie eigenständig bei Datenrecherchen
- Nicht zuletzt sind Sie uns bei der Organisation und der Erledigung von klassischen Assistenzaufgaben für den gesamten Bereich eine große Hilfe.
Due to continuing success in the offshore wind sector, Wood is seeking a talented and motivated EIA Principal or Associate Director to join its Environment & Infrastructure Solutions team in London, Reading, Glasgow or Edinburgh.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a growing team to deliver and manage EIA and consenting for high profile major infrastructure projects. In particular, you will:
- Lead project teams technically, strategically and commercially to deliver large EIA projects and consenting advice for offshore wind projects at various stages of the project lifecycle
- Continue to grow our offshore project portfolio by supporting business development activities to develop our existing clients and win new work.
- Develop, motivate and mentor junior staff to reach their potential
You will join an enthusiastic and supportive team and will experience a challenging but fulfilling working environment. There are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development across Wood’s wider Environment and Infrastructure consultancy business.
Wood is recruiting a Mechanical Engineer to join the team in Reading.
The core responsibilities of this role are to assist the client in the development of engineered solutions and provide a service for the provision of approved packaging for the safe transport and storage of hazardous materials. Although based out of the Reading office, this role is based locally on site within a client environment (AWE Burghfield).
Typical Work Activities
- Authoring and production of supporting specifications and proposals to define quality levels
- Identification and development of engineering requirements
- Knowledge of applying regulations regarding storage and transport of hazardous materials.
- Understand the full lifecycle processes and current legislation in accordance with Client procedures.
- Amendment of existing design drawings and creation of new drawings to Client processes
- Participate in Client design reviews articulating progress and document via meeting minutes
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Melbourne on a 12 months contract. Reporting to the Lead Mechanical Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for functional engineering services across our various projects.
- Responsible for mechanical engineering for rotating, static, package equipment, HVAC and development of specifications, data sheets, Material requisitions, technical bid analysis, Engineering Queries
- Provide technical support to designers
- Assist in discipline front end and detailed design input to engineering projects
- Assist in executing and coordinating assignments within agreed budget and schedule
- Provide technical guidance and support to the project teams and clients
- Responsible for study, design, specification and services related to the engineering discipline
- Prepare bid clarification questions and handle responses, and coordinate/ Chair technical aspects of bid clarification meetings.
Wood are currently recruiting for an PMC Senior Process Engineer for its client Al Dhafra Petroleum to be based in client office in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates to work on a FEED project. Successful candidate must be able to peform below duties;
- Provide technical expertise on all engineering subject matter pertaining to Process engineering and design
- Ensure Process design and engineering compliance with relevant codes, standards and Company standards
- Coordinate, Monitor and handle Process design and engineering with EPC contractor as per project expectation and complete the same within the time frame
- Work with other discipline engineers within IPMT, EPC contractor, and Al Dhafra Petroleum Engineering / Operation / Site Interface to resolve technical issues and ensure quality Process engineering execution and integrity etc
- Perform regular and timely technical reviews of Process engineering deliverables developed by engineering consultants / contractors, ensuring design quality in compliance with relevant codes, standards, and best practices
- Ensure integration of overall Process engineering coordination within IPMT other discipline Engineering Team
- Review and approval of Engineering Consultant's and EPC Contractor's work and ensure compliance with the project specifications, relevant codes and standards, and best industry practices
- Coordinate the required engineering participation in the development and analysis of various design options and business models
- Contribute input and expertise in the development and analysis of various design options and business models to design optimization and validation
- Participate in teams for equipment sizing / equipment selection considering optimization and standardization
- Ensure that the facilities are designed in accordance with the latest corporate guidelines with respect to environment and health aspects
- Ensure full utilization of the existing facilities while optimizing the facilities required for the new projects
- Participate in layout reviews, Model review, design reviews, and technical workshops
- Provide technical assistance and coordination with other discipline engineers
- Coordinate technical reviews and bid evaluation, and performance evaluation
- Provide technical assistance during installation, pre-commissioning & commissioning
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Instrumentation Engineer to join our team in Melbourne on contract basis. Reporting to multiple Lead E&I Engineers, the successful applicant will be part of a busy project team delivering brownfields oil & gas modification projects for our client.
- Responsible for planning, co-ordinating and directing a major segment or technical aspect of the engineering related activities within a project
- Directly responsible for the performance of Senior Engineers and Design Drafts-persons within the project team
- Must be familiar with relevant codes, client Design Specifications and procedures, and have a thorough working knowledge of the latest design and analytical techniques
- Provide functional engineering input to assigned projects
- Executes discipline front end and detailed design input to engineering projects
- Organises, executes and coordinates assignments within agreed budget and schedule
- Assist with compilation of safety critical engineering documentation to facilitate project close-out
- Regular interaction with colleagues and lead engineer to meet schedule.
Wood is looking for Piping/Mechanical Checkers who aspire to be part of a team, delivering powerful results. We look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution.
Join our collaborative team, working side by side with a global specialist chemicals company on a new and innovative project in the growing Lithium resources market to design, engineer and construct a world class processing facility. We have a diverse range of opportunities within our Perth office and further positions in the South West.
The greenfield project targeted to go into production in 2020 will produce Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate from a 3 train processing plant with a forecasted 60,000 per annum (Tpa) output. Further expansion plans into 2025 will see a total production of 100,000 tonnes per annum. The plant is to be constructed at the Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area approximately 160 km south of Perth, Western Australia and 17 km north-east of the thriving regional centre of Bunbury.
Position Specifics & Deliverables:
- Check designs to ensure they are in accordance with project, discipline, statutory regulations, good practice and procedural requirements and ensure completion within required man hours and budget
- Development of Wood standards, drawing procedures, on line systems and other tasks as agreed with the discipline principal engineer
- Provide solutions to presented design problems
- Constant liaison with Engineers regarding design change requirements.
- Where applicable, liaise with clients to ensure that their needs are met
- Interdiscipline drawing coordination for allocated work area
- Liaison, support and timely transfer of information to other disciplines
- Work with Engineers and other designers in the continual review and creation/updating of Wood's technical specifications, drawing standards/libraries and in-house computer programmes (through technical custodian)
Wood are currently looking to recruit a Senior Contract Engineer on its Al Dhafra Petroleum project in Abu Dhabi, UAE. This role will be part of the FEED project. Successful candidate will be responsible for below duties;
- Select and prepare the adequate tendering and contracting strategy that ensures the best value for Al Dhafra Petroleum expenditure following the best practice and innovative ideas
- Prepares contractual and commercial aspects of any procurement, support works and service tenders required by projects, in consultation with Project Managers
- Prepares and compiles Tender / agreement (purchase Order / contract) documentation, with Project Team, legal and finance groups to ensure viability, legality, interpretation and ease of administration
- Provides expertise for Tenderer’s prequalification and processes bid list, including any pre-qualification exercises and evaluations required and obtains relevant management / tender board approvals
- Participates in the technical and un-priced commercial evaluation of tenders and then leads the subsequent priced commercial evaluation of technically acceptable offers that includes professional adjustment factors depending on the nature of the job and tender Prepares a comprehensive techno-commercial evaluation report and recommendations
- Processes award recommendations, ensure necessary approvals and finalize with successful bidder and the contract documentation
- Validates the development and implementation of all contractor procedures for conformity with the Contract Checks conformity of all documentation called for, including guarantees, performance bonds, insurance and the like with agreed formats and processes as required
- Administers contractors’ request for approval of vendors and sub-contractors as well as monitor performance of contractors’ procurement activities in terms of timely delivery and quality
- Reviews, advises and negotiates as part of constituted team, revised terms, variation order requests, change orders, claims in liaison with responsible management
- Assists project controls group in obtaining and assessing cost and progress data performance
- Provides relevant data and assist to the Contract Administration System and provides facilities for performance analysis of the historical tender / contract matters
- Coordinates the final ‘close-out’ of completed purchase order / contract by ensuring proper resolution of all outstanding issues Provides input and reviews the commercial aspect of ‘Performance Reports on Contractors’
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Planner/Scheduler to join our project team in Brisbane CBD. Reporting to the Project Controls Lead, a key focus of your role will be to prepare and assess detailed project and shceduling plans for all stages and facets to help project delivery outcomes.
- Manage overall project plans and schedules in accordance with project reporting requirements (including engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning in the oil and gas industry)
- Produce and issue updates to project plans and schedules (fully logic linked with a critical path) to enable performance analysis to be carried out
- Produce and issue updates to project manpower requirements
- Assess impact of client interface milestones on Wood plans and share relevant Wood milestone data with client through appropriate controls
- Monitor overall project progress and achievement of major milestones
- Liaise with other planners within the team and share responsibilities as appropriate to deliver an effective planning service to Wood Project Management and the client.
- Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Piping Designer with extensive experience in the oil and gas brownfields projects
- Candidate will be expected to be able to design / layout from process P&IDs and act as checker on deliverables to QA requirements
- Scanning and coding of invoices
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures related to critical payments i.e. utilties and statutory
- Reconciling processed work by verifying whatever invoices scanned are interfaced into system
- Continuing to improve the accounts payable process
- Ad-hoc request from superior as and when required.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Assistant Project Manager to support our Capital Projects Group by assisting the management of large, complex construction and environmental remediation projects. These projects typically require coordination of a large number of inter-related tasks and management of multi-disciplinary technical teams and subcontractors. Project size varies from $20 to $100M and may include general construction, soil and sediment excavation and transportation, site restoration, landfill construction, decommissioning and demolition of structures. Candidate must demonstrate through work experience the ability to contribute significantly to the management of general vertical construction and environmental / civil construction projects with budgets in excess of $20M. Ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, communication, team-building, and stakeholder management skills and must be able to demonstrate these qualities through work experience. Candidate must demonstrate leadership skill and experience necessary to fill the role of Acting Project Manager for short durations (2-3 weeks) of time.
- Demonstrated experience assisting the management of both self-perform as well as subcontracted large construction projects (valued at over $20M)
- Ability to assist the management of large scale civil earthwork / environmental remediation projects, including management of resources, schedules, budgets, and client relations
- Take active role in the pursuit and preparation of large construction / remediation projects
- Ensure proper implementation of project safety and quality assurance programs and corporate policies and procedures
- Work directly with senior-level personnel in development and maintenance of key clients
- Actively assist in the management of project scopes of work through leadership and interface with Construction Superintendents, site H&S and quality; this management includes leading the production of RFIs, Change Orders, preparation, review and processing Quality Assurance reports, Safety reports etc.
- Assist in the Coordination of site activities with Wood staff, contractors, subcontractors, agency personnel and client representatives
- Exercise competent, independent professional judgment necessary to review reports, RFI’s and other internal and external submittals with no need for additional review
- Assist in ensuring administrative and financial policies and procedures as well as the civil engineering methods and procedures are followed
- Represent Wood and interact in a professional manner with client and subcontractor representatives while on field assignments
- Understand, apply and oversee safety requirements in the field
Additional Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Capable of providing an effective Civil Engineering Quality Assurance / Quality Control role
- Demonstrate sound civil engineering competence and ability to review and revise engineering documents
- Effective at representing the firm in verbal presentations to clients
- Meet with client representatives at the direction of more senior personnel, and conduct his/herself in a manner compatible with the firm’s professional standards and financial goals
- Capable of supporting moderate to large sized multi-disciplined technical and price proposals for clients
- Other duties as assigned
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Planner with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Acts as Planning focal point for specific project scopes
- Develop and maintain planning control structures in alignment with approved project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Develop and maintain baseline project plans and schedules using appropriate scheduling software.
- Monitor and control planning activities through all phases of project lifecycle
- Liaise with engineering, procurement and construction functions, and others as required, including third parties, to maintain awareness of project activities, their status, and their impact on the project schedule and manpower requirements.
- Provide copies of project plans and schedules in accordance with project reporting requirements.
- Produce and issue updates to project plans and schedules
- Produce and issue updates to project manpower requirements
- Assess and communicate schedule impact of change notifications
- Monitor overall project progress status, achievement of major milestones, and analyse project performance in relation to planned performance.
- Attend internal project progress and performance status meetings as required
- Delegate and manage the work of subordinate Project Controls planning staff as required
- Provide guidance and support to subordinate project controls planning staff as required
- Liaise with cost discipline to ensure accurate and timely control and forecasting of man-hour budgets and ensure that the impact of all change requests are properly assessed and included in the schedules.
- Participate in schedule risk analysis as required
- Assist with audits to ensure compliance with relevant planning procedure
Wood are currently seeking a Recruitment Coordinator to support our small Internal Recruitment Team (for the East Coast of Australia). This is a full-time casual role that has the potential to become a permanent position in the future.
You will assist in supporting end to end recruitment for shutdowns, maintenance/project trade recruitment along with some corporate white collar roles. This is a busy, hands-on role which will require a strong Administrator/Coordinator.
Wood is currently looking for a Senior Cost Engineer to work out of our office in Al - Khobar, Saudi Arabia This position will be part of the core team on the COTC project, a Joint Venture between ARAMCO and SABIC
Our clients are setting up a new Joint Venture business which will take crude oil and produce a wide range of bulk chemical products The project will be a first of a kind investment with a fully integrated 400,000 bpd refinery and chemicals complex, including two parallel ethylene crackers and with limited co - production of fuels All the individual parts of the project will be world scale and the integration will deliver world beating production efficiency The TIC is likely to be of the order of $20 - $25 billion, making it one of the largest ever single - phase investments in the petrochemicals industry The project is located in Yanbu, Royal commission’s land Therefore, a wide face to face coordination and meetings will be required with Yanbu’s Royal commission
- Leading the development of cost estimates prepared by contractors during Conceptual & FEED phases including developing Estimate Basis Memorandums and Estimate Confidence Packages
- Preparing cost estimates for contract variations including the review and evaluation of contractor submitted variations
- Leading the review and assessment of variations with contractors through to agreement and conclusion of the related variation order
- Working with Quantity Surveyor and Discipline engineers to validate the scope of work, BOQs and MTOs for all variations and additional scope items from the relevant supporting project drawings and obtain BOQs / MTOs endorsement by Company’s discipline engineers
- Analyzing work activities, manpower and GCC productivities in generating new work unit rates with Contractors
- Coordinating with project Commercial to obtain local market quotes and trend to estimate cost for any variations or additional works
- Reviewing / Participating in the preparation of annual client Business Plan and related cost quarterly cost forecasts
- Leading the development of bid check estimates and cost breakdown structure to be used for commercial evaluation and tendering
- Providing analysis of contract payment terms and related cash flow
- Participating in the preparation of Business Cases and in developing required cost justification assessments for approval by Senior Management
- Conducting peer reviews of in - house Project Cost Estimates
- Establishing and implementing Project cost estimating database for benchmarking and reference
- Leading the development, review, analysis and evaluation of costs related to contractor claims and identify potential cost risk events and evaluate related cost impact
- Assisting in the preparation of the final project close - out report and fixed asset register
Wood has an opportunity for a Finite Element Analyst - Pipelines specialising in pipeline design, to join our dynamic, friendly team in Abu Dhabi. This is an exciting opportunity to work on projects to deliver high value business systems to prestigious organisations within the region.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
He/She will be work on subsea pipeline projects in many challenging geographic and field production situations. He/She will be applying the latest limit state design methods to scenarios such as pipeline burst, collapse, propagation buckling, lateral buckling, upheaval buckling, spanning and on bottom stability. He/She will help prepare engineering proposals, techno economic studies, MathCad speadsheets, technical reports, specifications, data sheets, MTO’s, equipment requisitions and drawings.
- General subsea pipeline, tie-in spool and riser design including, route selection, wall thickness design, on-bottom stability, spans analysis, pipeline expansion, on-bottom roughness, global buckling and cathodic protection.
- Undertaking structural FE analysis and design of subsea pipelines with Abaqus and associated numerical design software.
- Ability to understand and employ analytical design tools and structural reliability assessments to pipeline design and risk evaluations.
- Performing finite element modelling of different pipeline stress conditions such as on bottom stability, lateral buckling, upheaval buckling, walking and fatigue, free spans and VIV assessment in different soil and seabed conditions.
- Being the focal point for all technical analysis communications & activities for assigned projects
- Participate in client meetings, design reviews and workshops.
- Developing a plan for all necessary activities leading to the successful delivery of the project and coordinating its execution to ensure on-time, successful completion.
- Working with the customer and internal development teams to ensure that requirements and scope are fully defined, documented and understood by all stakeholders in order to ensure successful, on-time delivery.
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Software and Data Science Engineer to an exciting and challenging new role, offering the opportunity to be part of a leading global organisation growing its data analytics service offering. You will be responsible for managing and delivering a wide range of data science and software projects. This is a significant opportunity to develop your career and thrive in a problem solving, solutions-focused environment as we help our global customers realise significant efficiency and value improvements.
- Management and coordination of data science projects
- Guiding and providing technical assistance to more junior team members
- Prototyping and deploying data driven models and software solutions using high-level programming languages such as R and/or Python and open source frameworks
- Developing and deploying data-driven solutions to cloud infrastructure
- Applying the latest machine learning techniques to solve important business problems in the connected operations and smart city/transport space
- Working within cross-functional teams across Wood to deliver data analytics solutions
- Participating in an Agile/Scrum project execution methodology using CRISP-DM