Click column header to sort
Wood. is recruiting Estimation Engineer to further increase the capacity and knowledge base of the well-established Project Services department. This will give you the opportunity to work on a wide range of Wood. projects.
- To undertake all Project Cost Estimating activities in accordance with the Company’s Project Cost Estimating policies and procedures.
- Deliver the best combination of product quality, price and delivery to our Clients by working to add value in a socially responsible and ethical manner.
- To ensure all activities are documented, processed and filed to achieve maximum auditable transparency.
- To liaise with all necessary disciplines in order to support the Project Manager, Engineering Departments and the Client.
- To ensure the Project Cost Estimating activities and deliverables are undertaken in accordance with agreed Scope of Work documentation.
- Coordinate with the Procurement Department to obtain prices and deliveries for major equipment and bulk materials in order to facilitate Project Cost Estimating.
- Coordinate with the EPC contractors to obtain budget prices and schedules for work types in order to facilitate Project Cost Estimating.
- To maintain a high level of service in compliance with Company Operating procedures
Wood are currently looking for an Estimating Engineer to work on the engineering and project management services for an Unconventional Gas Development Program in Saudi Arabia.
- Develop cost and man hour’s estimates and budgets from concept studies, Front End Engineering and Design (FEED) packs through to detailed design scopes
- Provide an estimating service at various stages of a project’s development ranging from concept budgets to ‘for construction’ cost
- Provide cost benchmarking service
- Perform, risk contingencies analysis, cash flow analysis and prepare estimate summary for Management reviews
- Interpret engineering documents and to support proposal estimates
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data
- Build up an accurate cost estimate in an elemental and analytical format with a level of detail commensurate with the level of maturity of the project
- Prepare & present the commercial aspects of the price to the Heads of departments / Senior Managers for adjudication and approval
- Programs of work – provide estimating assurance and governance to management and delivery teams
Wood. is recruiting Cost Control Engineers to further increase the capacity and knowledge base of the well-established Project Services department. This will give you the opportunity to work on a wide range of Wood. projects
- Coordinating all aspects of the cost capturing, monitoring and forecasting effort for their assigned project with proper documentation.
- Act as a focal point for the project team regarding approvals and cost related issues.
- Coordinate and work with the project management team to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery/completion of the project work.
- Ensure effective project implementation and utilize productive reports from the creation of WBS with the use of project management system to monitor the status of all costs, invoicing and delivery up to the closure of the project.
- Contribute to the change management process, analyzing and reporting cost impacts to the project.
- Be particularly diligent in recognizing and reporting to Project Management potential cost problems in all phases of the project.
- Delivering weekly and monthly project cost reports.
- Working closely with the Planning Coordinator to maintain and ensure project data integrity.
- Assisting with development of DCNs by highlighting impact on cost and assist with related tracking and re-baselining effort.
- Periodically updating costs to include scope changes.
- Developing and distributing project cost curves including planned, actual, and forecast figures.
- Interfacing with the Financial Department regarding project invoicing.
- Attend project meetings and discussions with the PMT.
- Perform project costing related reporting to the team and management’s review on a periodic basis to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Supporting Project Controls Manager assisting with administrative duties as required.
- Reporting status of projects on an ongoing and frequent basis.
- Assisting in creating an environment suitable for ongoing development of junior coordinators.
- Assisting in the continual improvement of the Project Cost Control processes and procedures by providing Project Controls Manager of any concerns with the QMS.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Telecom Engineer to be based in Abu Dhabi for a permanent contract.
- To execute engineering Design, FEED and detail Engineering experience and Costing estimation for proposal in Telecom systems
- Responsible for complete engineering document activities like preparing block diagram, functional design specification, datasheets, MR, equipment layouts, interconnection drawings, termination drawings, cabinet drawings
- Take part in Technical bid evaluations, Vendor document review and approvals
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development
- Provide discipline support to the business
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct reports
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution
- Deputizing for principal as required
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports
- Executing assigned personal objectives
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Participate in audits and incident investigations as required
- Coaching and mentoring as delegated
- Supervision of Graduate Engineers. Provides input to the performance management of direct reports
- Manage and supervise direct reports
Due to continuing success in the Major Infrastructure sector, Wood is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Noise Consultant to join our 600 strong Environment and Infrastructure solutions team in either our London or Birchwood office.
The successful candidate will join an established team of acousticians providing primarily noise impact assessment services (including design, modelling and monitoring) to a wide variety of Major Infrastructure clients. The acoustic team provide assessment services to a broad range of sectors including road, rail, aviation and nuclear projects.
The successful candidate will lead small to medium / medium to large sized noise projects for the Senior and Principal grades respectively. Client relationship and business development experience is desirable but not essential. The position would suit an individual who is looking to advance their career in an expanding business area within a global firm.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide technical management of projects in key areas of our business. In addition, the successful candidate will contribute towards the continued growth and development of the team and be involved in identifying business opportunities and providing client contact.
Anticipated core duties:
- Managing noise and vibration input on internal and external projects;
- Understanding and applying relevant UK noise policy and regulations;
- Application of noise and vibration expertise to support the planning process;
- Construction noise assessment and management;
- Use of Geographical Information Systems to improve the quality and efficiency of noise and vibration assessments;
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders;
- Authoring and checking reports/assessments;
- Preparation and checking of proposals;
- Staff management, development and mentoring;
- Commercial management of team input to projects;
- Using innovation to improve working practices.
Due to continuing success in the Major Infrastructure sector, Wood is seeking talented and enthusiastic Aviation Noise Specialists to join our 600 strong Environment and Infrastructure solutions team.
Wood has been involved with projects in the aviation sector for many years both in the UK and internationally. Our team is currently playing a key role on the Heathrow Airport Expansion project as well as projects at Bristol, Luton, and Manston Airports. It is envisaged that the candidate would support the future development of new projects in this sector and delivery of technical work associated with these projects.
The successful candidate will be able to take on the technical lead role for our aviation projects as well as having a strong network of client contacts and business development experience. The successful candidate will report directly into the E&IS Noise and Vibration team lead and the role would suit an individual looking to advance their career in an expanding business area within a global firm.
Whilst the role will be aviation focussed, the candidate would be expected to contribute to technical management of projects in other key areas of our business such as infrastructure - principally power, rail, and road projects. Also, to contribute towards the continued growth and development of the team, involvement in identifying business opportunities and providing client contact.
Anticipated core duties:
- Leading business development in aviation noise;
- Managing noise and vibration input on medium to large sized internal and external projects;
- Liaising with clients;
- Authoring and checking reports/assessments;
- Providing key subject matter expertise on aviation (internationally);
- Preparation and checking of proposals;
- Staff management;
- Staff development and mentoring;
- Commercial management of team input to projects;
- Supporting business development in sectors other than aviation;
- Stakeholder liaison.
Wood is currently looking to recruit a Finance Director to be based in our Silsoe office. This person will be leading business partnering support to the Automation and Control business as an integral part of the respective business unit management teams providing finance and decision making support through building relationships with the Automation and Control finance team and promoting closer links with Operations. The focus is being a trusted business partner and custodian of the management accounting numbers for the Automation and Control – Manufacturing business in EAAA.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Responsible for the day-to-day accounting function and development of the F&A team
- Responsible for all financial matters including accurate and timely reporting, accurate reporting of backlog, driving synergies and ensuring overhead right sizing for the business
- Ownership of implementation and financial adherence with the finance operating model and accounting policies
- Responsible for driving sustainable working capital improvements working with service line management, project managers, etc
- On behalf of the Service Line VP, challenge service line management to drive the highest levels of financial performance which includes having an understanding of the cost base of the business (including burdens), allocated costs to the service line, thorough understanding of the market and competition and associated budget / forecast for the business, etc
- Responsible for the preparation and consolidation of all budgeting and forecasting including validation / challenge of inputs from BD (CRM Data) and Operations. This will involve working with Operations and Business Development to validate / challenge the information and assumptions included in the budget and forecasting
- Support the client bid process, attending bid reviews to look at more big picture elements. Further provide input on financial terms obtaining input from commercial and contracts where appropriate
- Work with Operations and serve as a condiuit between the business and legal, tax, IT, regional finance, FSC, treasury and supply chain
- Manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate, working with the relevant Wood Corporate functions
- Review and development of the systems of Internal Control across all ATG’s operations and the compliance with all Wood Financial policies
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Materials & Logistics Specialist with extensive experience in the oil and gas, to undertake and or supervise the effective receipt, storage, movement and control of all materials to support the business.
To liaise with Supply Chain, user groups, third parties and Supply Base and Marine contractors to ensure that all materials and equipment are marshalled and shipped in accordance with company procedures and internal controls.
- Compliance with Wood Supply Chain procedures.
- Manage interface from Engineering to Procurement.
- Identification of shortages and surplus materials.
- Allocation of materials procured against project material requirements.
- Producing Shipping Documents for all material movements.
- Producing Materials Status reporting to project and client.
- Performing Goods Receipts in Supply Chain system.
- Maintaining data integrity in Supply Chain systems.
- Coordinating material supply to Fabrication sub-contractors.
- Expediting delivery of Fabricated items to warehouse or job site.
- Liaison with Construction and Procurement to co-ordinate all Piping and Structural Fabrication Orders.
- Management of warehouse / job site material receipt, storage and issue.
- Ensuring correct maintenance and preservation of materials is undertaken for stored equipment.
- Requesting and managing supply of small plant and equipment items required for project execution.
- Managing marshalling and issue of materials aligned to job cards and project schedule.
- Assuring material deliveries aligned to boat sailing schedules.
- Attending Project Progress Meetings.
- Attending Purchase Order Pre-Production Meetings.
- Management of Freight Forwarding and Import / Export and Customs control activities.
- Material reconciliation at Project close.
- Liaison with all Project personnel and client representatives.
- Understands and lives Woods vision, values and behaviours.
- Understands and works to the Wood Financial Management Framework.
- Other tasks as directed by line manager.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Ingeniero con 12+ años de experiencia en administración de subcontratos de construcción y servicios. Tendrá relación directa con clientes, subcontratistas y terceras partes. Preferible con experiencia en Pulpa y Papel, pero no limitativo.
The PMR team within the Wood Nuclear business is looking for a skilled and experienced Quality Engineer to join our team supporting our key client EDF, and Nuclear Reactors at their UK plants, on our long term framework. The GSUK team has an annual turnover in excess of £40M, contributing to the wider Wood Nuclear target. The PMR team is split across multiple locations in the UK; from our home office in Knutsford, the client head office at Barnwood and at various plants around the UK. You will be part of a large client lead team at one of the client’s stations in the UK, supporting multiple projects within the station project portfolio.
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients andcommitted to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
The Quality Engineer would provide positive leadership on quality matters within the Site Project Teams and promote the adoption of best practice. To promote a culture that delivers positive commitment to quality and engages all employees in continuous improvement.
To monitor and report on the effectiveness of the quality management system and to make recommendations for improvement as appropriate. To ensure project activities comply with relevant procedures and QA requirements.
Accountable to the Project Portfolio Manager, with functional responsibilities to Investment Delivery Quality Lead
- Interact with multi-discipline Engineering teams.
- Coaching and mentoring as delegated.
- Supervision and performance management of Document Control personnel as required.
Demonstrate understanding of and work to discipline and / or project specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement. Participate in audits as required.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Technically competent and actively maintains own competence.
- Provide discipline support to the business.
- Provide discipline input to bids, scope definition and execution as required.
- Deputising for Lead Document Controller as required.
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to document control personnel as required.
- Executing assigned personal objectives.
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Civil Underground Designer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Working on a multi-billion dollar petrochemicals project on a fixed term basis from our Reading office, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
- Preparation and setting out of UG layouts with drainage networks including drains, pipes, roads and paving as per plot plans, vendor data and other departments input, following technical work practices, standards, specifications, plot plans, P&ID’s and vendor data
- Preparation of Road, Paving and Fencing drawings
- Preparation of standard drawings for all Underground items
- Reports clashes and participates in clash check exercises
- Co-ordination with other disciplines for input and changes and with other designers
- Ensures all files are up-to date with respect to the deliverables responsible for
- Ensuring that drafting activities are carried out within the established time schedule and within the allocated manhour budget
Wood has a current requirement for a Senior Instrumentation Engineer to join our team in Perth.
The successful applicant will be part of busy project team delivering brownfields oil & gas modification projects for our clients. It is envisaged that this role with have significant development pathways as the Wood organisation in Perth WA continues to grow.
Position Specifics & Deliverables
- Provide Instrumentation Engineering services to our O&G LNG Onshore and Offshore Projects.
- Assist in discipline front end and detailed design input to engineering projects.
- Provide technical guidance and support to the project teams and clients.
- Responsible for study, design, specification and services related to the engineering discipline.
- Prepare Specifications, scope documents, datasheets, lists and schedules
Provide instrumentation and control design engineering for various projects, including instrument datasheets, functional specifications, scopes of work and drawings.
- Must be familiar with relevant codes, client Design Specifications and procedures, and have a thorough working knowledge of the latest design and analytical techniques.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Civil and Structural Designer to execute structural design and draughting activities within budget and schedule and work within our Engineering Team.
The successful candidate is required in our Reading office for an initial period of 6 Months on a large petrochemicals project.
- Prepare structural drawings and designs from agreed work scopes with minimum input from engineering personnel
- Achieve safety standards as defined in personal performance contract
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance
- Carry out work in accordance with Wood and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule
- Maintain required technical quality of work and filing system
- Keep up to date with technical developments, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to discipline workscope
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project
Wood has an opportunity for a Senior Civil / Structural Engineer to be based in Reading on a fixed term basis. You will have experience of working within a senior position within the Oil and Gas industry as well as having relevant experience of onshore design projects.
This is an opportunity to become a valuable, well-rounded member of an experienced team, with the successful candidate taking responsibility for deliverables on projects at all stages of the design process.
Wood is a global engineering consultant with a reputation for delivering high quality, technically advanced and reliable facilities on time, on budget and with a world-class safety record.
- Analysis and Design of steel and concrete structures to various International & Company codes and standards (e.g. European, American, British, Shell, Aramco, etc.)
- Analysis and Design of structure and equipment foundations to static and dynamic loading
- Analysis and Design using engineering software such as STAAD.Pro, Foundation 3D, Matt 3D, etc
- Preparation of Basis of Design, Material Specifications, Material take offs, Scopes of Work, Technical reports, Inter discipline design coordination and supervision
- Competent in preparing design calculations for steel and concrete structure, seismic design and design to extreme wind loads, developing design sketches and pass relevant information to designers as required on assigned projects
- Liaise with Designers in the preparation of CAD drawings, typically using, Microstation, Smartplant 3D, AutoCAD, PDMS, PDS, etc
- Liaise with other disciplines to accommodate their requirements and with Designers in the preparation of structural and foundation drawings and details
- Provide technical support to other members of the team
- Support development of lessons learnt database
- Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude toward safety, both in design and in the office environment
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Architectural Designer with good CAD capability to be based in our Reading office on a fixed term basis. In this role, you will provide architectural design and drawing services on amulti-billion dollar Front End Engineering Project.
Key aspects will include:
- Design of process, equipment and other plant buildings
- Production of technically sound architectural drawings and other deliverables using Microstation V8i, in accordance with Project standards and schedules
- Coordination of deliverables with other engineering disciplines
- Design and coordination of project buildings as directed by Lead Architect
- Report to the Lead Architect on technical and schedule issues within the project
- Preparation of Architectural drawings in accordance with Wood Technical Work
- Practices, project standards and client standards
- Ensure sound build ability of all design work along with effective and accurate coordination with other disciplines
- Keep abreast of Project strategies and key drivers. Maintain familiarisation with project Discipline Design Instructions
- Regular coordination with the assigned Drafting Team to ensure uniformity in design and drafting activities in addition to checking drawings against design basis and mark-ups before issue
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Civil Engineer - Underground with extensive experience in the Oil and Gas or Petrochemical Industry to work on a Fixed Term basis from our Reading office.
Working on a large petrochemicals project, candidates should have sound engineering background and be capable of analytical, creative and conceptual thinking.
- Responsible for the design of underground and over ground drainage systems and networks, develop drainage design solution, capable of terrain modelling, conduct flood risk studies, preparation of earthwork and site preparation design
- Responsible for assessing design of existing underground and over ground drainage systems and networks, develop drainage design solution
- Responsible for carrying our design studies and preparing project related design calculations, drawings and documents such as basis of design, philosophies, specifications, etc.
- Responsible for reviewing, checking and commenting drawings and supervise designers in the preparation of Drawings in accordance with Wood and Client technical work practises and standards
- Responsible for ensuring that all design activities are carried out within stipulated Man-hour budgets and time schedules
- Within area of responsibility manage work progress and schedule, prepare progress reports
- Advise Lead Engineer of any technical issues, schedule slippages, their causes and proposed corrective actions
- Assists in the preparation of any contract requisitions and schedules of quantity for work on assigned projects
- Work with inter-disciplinary teams on the project to deliver suitable designs. Liaises with client, construction personnel on site and addresses technical queries
- Within area of responsibility prepare estimates, MTOs, estimate basis memo
- Keep abreast of the project strategy and key drivers, participate in Model Reviews as and when required and report changes to the Lead Designer/Lead Engineer
Wood is currently recruiting for an IT Buyer.
- Be the focal point for the provision of quotes and the placement of orders for all IT requirements to include software, hardware and infrastructure service on behalf of Wood
- Expedite order delivery and to resolve any vendor issue’s or problems in line with those deliveries
- Ensure the appropriate management reporting is in place and updated in a timely manner for wider use of the Contracts Specialists and Management team
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Ensure due process is followed when requested to place orders on the execution of Framework Agreements, Sub-contracts, Consulting Agreements,
- Negotiate with Tier 3 and 4 vendors to identify and deliver cost savings to Wood
- Ensure the WG supplier portfolios are effectively managed, developed and maintained to deliver best value and pricing to the group
- Deliver cost savings against divisional IT contracts which contribute to improved margin growth and profit
- Act as a point of contact and interface between the organisation and its suppliers for the Dell and Cisco ordering process
- Ensure orders are expedited in a timely manner and confirm delivery with the end user
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide visibility and awareness and be able to provide their customers in the interpretation and implementation of the contract
Level of Influence & Decision Making Authority:
The IT Buyer will operate in a mainly self- managed environment but will check and balance where required with their line manager when making commercial decisions or when issues arise and need support when dealing with customers or vendors. The role holder will be expected to ensure all legal and regulatory requirements have been reviewed, where appropriate, when placing the order and will be expected to understand implications of customer T&C’s when looking to commit significant expenditure on behalf of Wood.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Electrical Engineer (Contract). The ideal candidate will be technically strong and have experience within the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Refining, LNG or Power Generation industry. Previous experience in a similar position would be highly beneficial. The successful candidate(s) will have the following attributes:-
- Self-starter and an ability to produce electrical deliverables with little input or guidance
- Good understanding with respect to international codes and standards and their application
- High level of competency with respect to electrical system design (Single line diagrams [SLD’s], protection and control schemes)
- Experience of delivering the following deliverables – Specifications and Standards, SLD’s, Protection and metering schemes, Calculations (Load, cable sizing, equipment sizing), checking of area classification layouts, data sheets for major equipment and preparation of enquiry packages for HV and LV switchgear, transformers, drive systems, UPS
- Familiarity with SKM, ETAP or SPEL software packages would be beneficial but not essential)
- Strong understanding of plant design and equipment layout
- Liaise with clients on technical matters where required
Wood is currently recruiting a Project Control Engineer with extensive experience in Oil & Gas and Petrochemical Industry.
- Prepare and update schedules in Primavera
- Update schedules at regular intervals, analyse the schedule and provide analysis
- Analyse critical paths and prepare narratives
- Measure progress using progress measurement system and prepare progress / productivity reports
- Review and update progress measurement system
- Analyse variations in progress & productivity and provide reasons for shortfall in progress and productivity
- Collate and prepare weekly and monthly reports
- Prepare manhour reports, staffing plan, rostering and cost reports
- Generate status and exception reports
- Support project invoicing
- Support Corporate in preparing various reports
- Any other tasks assigned by the project or department