Wood Industrial Services are looking for Contractor to provied P6 Project Planner services for a period of 12 months. You must have extensive experience in the oil and gas & petrochemical industry and you will be based on a client site in Mossmorran, Fife.
- To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent planning service in accordance with project / company requirements, standards and procedures.
- To support overall delivery of company goals, objectives and schedule.
- To provide planning support to the on-Site Wood team in delivering all project and maintenance works, to develop mechanical element of the business.
- Develop and maintain the master schedule, performing weekly progress updates and bi-weekly progress curves, gather engineering and procurement progress information from the respective disciplines and input into the progress measurement system, as well as receive progress updates from the construction planning engineer.
Detailed Services to be Provided:
- Read, understand and implement all applicable company/project policies, work practices and procedures, ensuring always that the pipework / assembly work scope is completed to a high standard.
- Review and understand all relevant documentation pertaining to the project including scope of services, project execution plan, proposal / project schedule (including manpower projection plan), conditions of contract.
- Work within the standard planning / scheduling procedures. Ensure that these procedures fulfil client requirements and develop additional project specific procedures where necessary.
- Prepare activity plans to accomplish all work required by the procedures and to ensure that enough planning resources are provided.
- Liaise with Client Project Control personnel as necessary. Timely preparation and issue of:-
• Overall Project Schedule Level 1
• Project Schedule Level 2
• Project Network Level 3
• Schedule Basis Memorandum (SBM)
• Manpower Projection Plan
• Critical Equipment Lists / Schedules
• Progress 'S' Curves and tabulations
• Manhour / Manpower histograms
- Short-term look ahead schedules
- Monthly progress report including narrative
- Ensure that all involved parties participate in preparation of items described above and that they agree to their respective elements and approve documents where necessary.
- Produce current physical progress reports and final job statistics.
- Prepare and issue project action reports to Project Manager / Project Control Manager. Maintain accurate schedule and control curves in an updated condition.
- Analyse schedule trends and produce regular forecasts of schedule performance and issues for project review.
Wood is currently recruiting for a UK Finance Manager on a maternity cover basis for 10 months.
This role will provide maternity cover for the current Finance Manager including full financial support to the VP Finance & Administration for Europe & Africa and the appropriate Service Line SVP. The role carries profit and loss and balance sheet responsibilities for the applicable Service Line (including Aberdeen, Glasgow, Darlington and Romania locations) and is a position that is represented at the OS E&A Extended Leadership Team.
Financially responsible for revenue between $200m to $300m approx and Gross Margin of $12m to $18m approx. Balance Sheet responsibility for approx. $50m in terms of unbilled, AR and accruals on relevant contacts.
- Management of Service Line finance team including recruitment, staff development, communications and the setting of performance objectives to achieve functional and contract goals.
- Performing/reviewing project month end close out ensuring that all accounting entries (revenue and cost accruals) are processed in time for period close, are in accordance with technical accounting standards, and in line with company procedures for reconciliations and balance sheet controls.
- Report Service Line financial performance to Senior management including clear and concise P&L variance analysis, accounts receivables, DSO, accruals and unbilled analysis with action plans for improvement where required.
- Ensuring monthly client invoices are prepared in accordance with the commercial terms of the contract, issued in a timely manner with continuous improvement where possible, and cash forecast and collected on due dates.
- Review Project financial reports ensuing information presented is accurate and timely.
- Providing business partner role to SVP and Contract Managers to ensure sound financial advice and support to manage the business.
- Identify areas for improvement in the SL and implement action plans as appropriate (i.e. DSO, Gross Margin)
- Preparation of annual plan, forecasts and rolling forecasts in conjunction with Senior Mgmt. Reporting of forecast to senior management with clear variance analysis, risks & opportunities and target areas.
- Optimisation of cash collection and minimising DSO.
- Assisting during client audits and dispute management.
- Liaison with external and internal auditors.
- Review of reconciliations and other internal audit requirements.
- Execution of various ad hoc tasks as and when required.
- Financial performance versus budget / forecast (actual versus forecast)
- Days Sales outstanding performance for applicable business
- Level of monetary findings within client audit
- Compliance with corporate deadlines – QSC’s, internal audit actions etc
- Accuracy of budgets / forecasts
- Volume of leavers within team
- Financial performance versus budget / forecast (actual versus forecast)
Communications & Working Relationships:
Internal: Auditors, wider finance team, ALCS Europe extended leadership team, Contract teams, IT, Divisional Controller, Peers at SL meetings, HR - significant interaction during any t r Finance Manager is not available, Divisional Controller, Peers at business stream CPR meetings,recruitment and performance management process, Functional peers
External: Auditors, clients, recruitment agencies, professional advisors and Peer group
Level of Influence & Decision Making Authority:
Decision making role – lead finance person at Service Line level
Significant influencing role as manager of large team
Wood is recruiting a Document Controller for the Offshore Maintain Potential Program (OMPP) to further increase the capacity and knowledge base of the well-established Project Services department. This will give you the opportunity to work on a wide range of Wood projects.
- Administering Document Control services to Projects.
- Maintaining accurate electronic and hard copy libraries for project management systems, and has a full understanding of Client’s Standard, Procedures, Security System etc.
Wood is currently seeking to recruit a competent PMC Quality Manager to join our onshore pipeline PMC project team based out of Dubai, UAE. In this role you will be responsible for all aspects of day to day Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities.
This position is for TAPI (Turkmenistan - Afghanistan - Pakistan - India) PMC project which is a 1,814 km, 56” trans-country natural gas pipeline running between four countries (Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India). Wood PMC team will execute the work from client office in Dubai. The project is expected to continue for 3 - 4 years. The initial phase of the project is to perform FEED verification work which would then follow through to EPC tendering and EPC design review. Wood PMC scope only covers the Pakistan section of the pipeline.
Successful candidate should be familiar with Quality Assurance at Home Office during the Engineering and procurement phase. Typically, should be well versed in review of Contractor’s Quality Plans & monitoring of the below following tasks;
- Contractor’s QA during Design & Engineering such that design meets performance standard criteria, performance standard records
- QA / QC requirements based on equipment & material criticality ratings
- Pre-inspection meetings on quality and inspection activities
- Planning and carrying out audits
- Engineering Quality Risk sheet
Should have expertise in authoring and managing Construction Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities on assigned projects at construction sites in regard to the following;
- Contractor’s Project Site Quality Plan
- Setting of KPIs, Quality Objectives
- Review and Approval of Contractor’s Quality plans, procedures, ITPs
- Review, coordinate and accept all contractors’ deliverables as detailed in the supplier document index such as Quality plans, ITPs, Method Statements, procedures, specifications, material supplies and certifications, trade tests, third party inspections prior to work commencing
- Competency assurance of Contractors’ construction quality personnel
- Quality Surveillance / Field Inspections according to approved ITPs
- Material Management – Storage, Preservation and Maintenance at Site
- Material Traceability
- Welding, NDE & Heat Treatment; familiarity with control of welding
- Conducting Contractors Discipline Audits on all construction site operation discipline activities for conformance to project specifications
- Control of NCRs and corrective actions
- Trend Analysis by QC sampling
- Lessons Learnt plan, workshops
- Worksite Quality Inductions
- Training plan and Records
- Devise, Implement and maintain a quality award scheme for construction contractors
- Turnover, Project Close out
- Familiarity with FPD (Flawless Project Delivery)
The job holder is responsible for:
- Participate in the development of, and subsequently delivery of a variety of HSSE related courses, ensuring compliance with RoK Laws and Company Policies and Procedures
- Be responsible for the Health, Safety and Welfare of all course attendees, and ensure accurate completion of various records and competency assessments (Exams, tests, etc)
- Assist the training team administrators with the preparation of training schedules, and maintain accurate Database Records. Fully cooperate to ensure the effective filing of all hard copy records in such a way as they can be made readily available for Audit Purposes
- Work closely alongside the HSSE Training Coordinator, in order to further develop, knowledge, skills and competency, and where required, act as classroom Interpreters.
- Be prepared to assist with the running of the company inductions, and carryout the necessary checking of test papers and other required records, in an accurate and timely manner
- Participate in emergency response drills, ensuring all course attendees are escorted to and accounted for at the Muster Point(s).
- Participate in the development of HSSE Training Needs Analysis for various work locations
- Maintain and ensure the safe storage of training equipment
- Support the collation and reporting of statistical data, in an accurate and timely manner, and ensure all Incidents, which may occur during the running of course, are reported immediately, to line management.
- At all times, set a high standard of professional and social behavior, and lead by example so far as following company standards and norms
- Quickly gain the knowledge and skills to apply the Company Policies, Strategies and Objectives.
- Work with Company personnel to amend and develop training course terms of reference, training course specifications and course materials
- Conduct assessments for training course providers for both facility and instructional staff to ensure requirements of the Company Terms of Reference are achieved.
- Provide assistance and support to associated departments on matters relating to HSE;
- Act as Interpreters at training events, as may be required;
- Work with other HSE Training Instructors in order to develop skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Carry out other responsibilities as assigned by Line Manager that are related to this job
- Create occupational safety reporting in a generic format and within a prescribed period
- Provide full support to implement the Company HSSE culture program, along with associated training and
- coaching programs, in line with the Company expectations set by senior management;
- Promote Company Health & Safety Golden Rules;
- Resolve arised issues and develop with line manager remedial action plan;
- Ensures all tasks given by HSSE Training Coordinator implemented and provides further feedback on the progress;
- Operate units in accordance with operating procedures, manuals, regalement’s.
- Verify that operation and maintenance activities are being carried out comply with appropriate work and safety procedures.
- Responding to Air/N2 Plant upsets and unit emergencies and acting accordingly
- Required to handle, store and utilize chemicals.
- Verifying that all the activities are carried out accordingly to the PTW Procedure.
- Apply operation procedures in high risk jobs and abnormal situations
- Knowledge and proven skills of production operations for each specific relevant area, including but not limited to: Waste water treatment plant, Air/N2 system, fire water system, Fuel Gas and sour water stripper system.
- Checking routinely for leakages from flanges/piping, instrumentation, machinery and equipment identifying and reporting to Utility Plant senior operator/Plant supervisor (Utilities).
- Conducting checks/surveys in the Utilities Units Plant according to established frequency or when necessary, identifying and reporting possible anomalies.
- Fully aware of N2 and chemical hazards
- Maintain and ensure compliance in RoK certification required to operate Fuel gas, sour water stripper and waste water treatment system.
- Co-ordinating with relevant department’s campaign maintenance activities, rotating equipments inspection, vessels inspection, etc.
- Compiling and completing the relevant reports of activities e.g. shift logbook and ensuring that all relevant documentation is completed accurately and on time.
- Assisting in the maintenance activities in critical areas requiring hot works, confined spaces, moving / loading equipment, etc
- Operators who work in sour water stripper unit and spent caustic system need to carry on working BA set. Maintaining continuous communication with relevant Control Room personnel
- Operator I
- Performing routine and non-routine tasks without instruction / supervision.
- Reviewing and provide input to updates of operating procedures, instructions and job cards.
- Supporting Production Staff recruitment, Competency Assurance, Training & Development Plans.
- Report to management as and when required
- To manage all responsibilities allocated to the HVAC Engineers
- To provide clear definition of HVAC including its Maintenance, Engineering, function and criticality.
- To implement, facilitate and maintain the HVAC Systems in accordance with the corporate reliability strategy.
- To implement, facilitate and maintain the HVAC Systems in accordance with the approved Planned Maintenance strategies based within SAP Plant maintenance
- To liaise with opposite disciplines or focal points with regards to associated technical matters when required.
- General attributes including: Action orientation, Building effective relationships, Commitment, Dealing with change, Drive for results, Integrity and trust along with good leadership skills. Demonstrate commitment and performance leadership to HSE.
- Mechanical Engineer (HVAC Equipment) Level II
- Support, report and liaise with all level HVAC Package Maintenance Engineers.
- Assist in the development and system implement for periodic HVAC equipment maintenance and condition assessment reporting.
- Assist and participate in the ongoing reviews and updating of HVAC PML’s
- Review SAP procedures such as work orders, raise notifications etc with reference to all related HVAC Maintenance Activities.
- Support CMMS team with regards to request for Information.
- Required to make site visits when requested to the assets in HVAC data gathering, breakdowns and requests for attendance by Onshore / Offshore superintendents
- Raise requisitions and describe the maintenance and repair works for the HVAC equipment and systems
- Prepare detailed reports to support site visits and maintenance repair works
- Assist in the implementation and improvement of HVAC techniques.
- Provide support to the asset teams on the spread of HVAC information.
- Carry out detailed analysis of the condition based data in the event of HVAC equipment failures.
- Produce if required monthly exception reports of condition based data for input to the monthly reliability reports.
- Liaise and assist when required/requested in the daily work of the HVAC Onshore / Offshore maintenance and building services field engineers
- Verify Original Equipment Manufacturer recommendations when based on HVAC assessments.
- Assist in identifying, highlighting and supporting implementation of best practices.
- Demonstrate commitment and performance leadership to HSE
- Act as Contract Holder for selected contracts. In this role be responsible for the initiation, award, execution and completion of the contracts for which he/she has been appointed Contract Holder
- Become a focal point for HVAC improvement Projects. Level II:
- Under supervision, performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involves limited responsibilities
- Some evaluation, originality or ingenuity is required
- Participates in HAZOPS, SIL, Risk Assessments and other safety reviews
- Participates in Process Safety incident investigations related to discipline
- Promotes Process Safety and shares learnings from Process Safety incidents across the organization
- Provides advice on procedural and technical issues relating to immediate work area
- Contributes new ideas and identifies opportunities to improve work area goals and objectives
- Provides support in troubleshooting discipline related issues
- Supports maintenance in the Quality of Execution of maintenance activities such that Preventive Maintenance, Inspections and Corrective Maintenance job routines are executed in accordance with the agreed work management plans at World-class Standards, whilst effectively supporting controlling cost of Maintenance;
- Identify spare parts required for reliable operation of the company facilities and raise Material Master requests for such;
- Is responsible for some control aspects of the ORP phases (Identify, Assess, Select, Define, Execute)
- Undertakes tasks and projects of low complexity with limited supervision
- Supports the design, engineering, construction and commissioning of modifications and projects to appropriate technical and RoK standards
- Participate in integrated commissioning tests, check the handover and acceptance documentation, and approve drawings
- Support maintenance with Critical Major Rotating Equipment overhauls, by providing high level work scope, reviewing overhaul plans and detailed schedules provided by maintenance or a contractor, including materials and manpower.
- Defines the scope of work for services related to Rotating Equipment projects, with guidance
- Ensures high quality critical as-built documents and drawings related to the discipline for NCOC assets and for all projects
- Develops effective working relationships with relevant disciplines and customers
- Acts as role model to promote strong service culture
- Visits NCOC onshore and offshore facilities to build a strong asset intimacy
- Acts as the Rotating Equipment focal point for site for appointed units with support from a TA2 coach
- Level II:
- Under supervision, performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involves limited responsibilities.
- Some evaluation, originality or ingenuity is required.
- Leads or participates in critical HSSE reviews
- Champions design Integrity for the discipline
- Sets and maintains CSO standards, work processes, systems and tools, including IT Engineering
- applications for the discipline
- Is accountable for exercising appropriate discipline controls for NCOC projects throughout the
- ORP phases (Identify, Assess, Select, Define, Execute)
- Delivers modifications and/or projects safely, on time, and cost effectively
- Continually seeks to improve ways of working to improve performance and to improve value delivery
- to projects
- Ensures high quality critical as-built documents and drawings related to their discipline for assets and
- for all projects
- Endorses Vendor/supplier/contractor pre-qualification for CSO services and equipment
- Provides innovative solutions for complex problems using, at time, incomplete information
- Contract holder for technical contracts items ranging in value from $250K-$1M USD
- To develop Civil Maintenance Strategies and Procedures for Facilities in compliance
- with Kazakh Regulations
- and company adopted Standards (including Shell and International standards).
- To develop detailed Structural and Civil Inspection and Testing Procedures and ensuring that Testing is carried out in compliance with Kazakh Regulations and company Standards
- To ensure implementation of approved civil maintenance strategies and procedures across all company assets.
- To continuously communicate company requirements for World Class Standards to the maintenance personnel on assets.
- To participate in Troubleshooting / Inspection/ORIP to establish root causes of failure (RCFA) and prepare Corrective Maintenance plans.
- To support the setup of civil spare parts min/max level and acquisition of priority materials.
- To perform Quality Assurance and Control reviews to ensure the technical integrity, constructability, functionality and reliability of the design product.
- To ensure compliance by all stakeholders (incl maintenance and operations) with the defined integrity assurance strategy for civil/structural components and systems
- To liaise with the RoK technical law compliance engineer(s), to ensure that changes in RoK technical law are reflected in the integrity assurance strategy for civil/structural components and systems
- Originate, prepare and develop work products. This includes accountability for their quality, competence and completeness.
- Understand their specific technical authority as described in work/execution plans and team charters
- Review and approve critical (controlled) work products with TA-1/2 authority for release (see Discipline Authority Manual)
- Operate in order to respect safety, environmental and comply with RoK Regulations for operating electrical substations, power generation & distribution network within OPF.
- Inform his superior about any anomalies which include trip / shutdown of process equipment and drives
- Ensure safe and reliable power to Onshore Production Facility
- Operate within electrical parameters of the respective sub stations and distribution network.
- Be vigilante during his / her shift when performing walk downs and compile the required documents
- Receive instructions and timely complete task assigned to him / her
- Preform first line maintenance when electrical equipment fails to operate as per design.
- Basic Support Electrical Maintenance as and when requested
- Failure to carry out his duties in full as described in this Job Description.
- Incorrect performance, abnormal operating conditions of equipment, deviations from the requirements of operating instructions that took place through his / her fault
- Incorrect actions taken or decisions made, during remedial operations for reinstating normal operating conditions.
- Failure to correctly supervise Level III personnel
- MAJOR TASKS and ACTIVITIES.
- Good working knowledge on electrical engineering;
- Procedure for rendering first aid in case of electrocution.
- Electric Operation Rules and Electric Safety Rules for operation in electrical units rated below and above 1000V in the scope of Electrical Safety Group 4
- Familiar with Fire Safety Rules;
- Understand Safety Instructions;
- Good knowledge of relay protection;
- Understand the application of simple & complex metering ,instruments which are monitoring electrical parameters .
- Good Techniques for troubleshooting in power distribution system’s rated below and above 1000V.
- Good Understanding of different types of protection devices for various electrical equipment.
- Safe operation procedure and sequence to be followed when disassembling, repairing and re-assembling electrical equipment rated below 1000v
- Technical knowledge on High pressure discharge lighting systems, understanding their electrical circuit wiring and installation, and basic maintenance;
- Understand the application when applying main and circuit earth in LV / HV S/W boards.
- Monitor condition of electrical equipment ensuring any alarms are addressed immediately.
- Control & Monitor load in distribution network rated below 1000V, ensuring system working within design capacity.
- Prepare work places for Repair Work Teams in electrical facilities rated below and above 1000V;
- Admit Repair Work Teams to work in electrical facilities rated below and above1000V;
- Disassembling, repair, assembling, installation of electric apparatus and electric devices of various types rated below and above 1000V;
- Check and measure insulation resistance in Power Distribution System, electrical motors stators and rotors, transformer’s windings and cables by means of a insulation Tester ;
- Checks for secure connections of grounding conductors to the grounded elements; Perform visual inspection of grounding network system :
- Generate SAP notifications as and when required
- Perform regular visual inspection on UPS & Batteries and monitor electrolyte level, ensuring electrolyte is above minimum level. Measure & record battery, charging parameters when on boost charge
- Perform switching on UPS system as and when required
- Repair of complex electrical equipment under supervision of a more experienced specialist;
- Lifting type work, by the use of cranes and other hoisting mechanisms ensure procedures are followed
- Understanding Application of pneumatic and electrical tools .
- Maintenance, housekeeping and minor repairing activities.
- Ensures full compliance with procedures providing safe execution of maintenance, repair and adjustment work on equipment.
- Start & Stop HVAC system from HMI, briefly investigate any failure during normal operations.
- Perform LV switching using switch cards; revise the switch card should error be found in the procedure.
- At Power Generation plant ensure running generators are not displaying standard alarms, any alarms are investigated and act upon immediately.
- Interrogate and understand micro- processor protection relay, identify cause of alarm / trips.
- Assist in Incident Investigation
- Carry out assigned routine, preventative and breakdown Electrical maintenance activities according to the relevant Company and Statutory safety requirements are adhered to in all Maintenance activities;
- Carry out routine trip testing of Electrical Safety systems on site, interpret the data and report abnormalities;
- Checking and monitoring the execution, the test, adjust, repair of all activities relevant functional parts of Electrical equipment, according to the relevant procedures and recommendations, in respect of time scheduling;
- Supporting the diagnosis of faults and trends and taking appropriate corrective action;
- Advise completion of work to the Maintenance Planning Section to maintain the equipment record in CMMS;
- Submitting of necessary information, log sheets and reports regarding executed Instrument, Control and Measurement maintenance, Inspections, report on Tests and Controls on relevant equipment and systems;
- Review and propose updates to the maintenance procedures and specifications;
- Ensure work permits are completed accurately with adequate risk assessment and that all safety precautions are followed prior to any work intervention on the facilities;
- Assist, as required, in emergency response situations that may arise on the plant;
- Assisting in the operation of the facility in the event of specialised or unusual operating conditions;
- Ensure that all Electrical maintenance activities, developed for the offshore installation’s are carried out in a safe manner, with the best working practise and in respect with scheduling programs;
- Assisting in the testing of new/modified equipment, systems and machinery;
- Identifying materials, tools and spare part requirements needed to carry out the activities, maintain stock levels;
- Ensuring the provision of adequate resources to carry out activities e.g. special tools and / or additional specialist maintenance support;
- Participation to Integrated Commissioning and Acceptance Team (ICAT) and Start-Up activities;
- Participation in and assisting with the co-ordination of the Project's Performance Test(s);
- Ensuring the correct level of electrical isolation is implemented on low voltage systems;
- Carry out implementation of low voltage switching and/or isolation programs including applying proper earth;
- Carry out Ex inspections as per applicable job plans and Ex maintenance strategy.
- Technician II
- Perform routine tasks without supervision.
- Perform non-routine tasks with instruction / supervision.
- Verify that all maintenance work is performed according to procedures and instructions
Wood is currently seeking to recruit a competent Sr/Lead Construction Engineer - Mechanical to join our Al Zour team in Kuwait to engage in the coordination, monitoring and overseeing the daily execution of Contractor construction activities, in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment.
- Understand and ensure the EPC Contractor and Sub-contractors adhere to the site safety rules within the defined plant area
- Understand, review and handle responsibility for the EPC Contractor's scope, including all relevant interfaces and safety requirements
- Ensure the EPC Contractor work scope is coordinated, controlled and risk assessed by the Permit to work
- Participate in site safety audits regarding work execution, permits, work site standards and workforce knowledge of the work
- Ensure all preparatory work is completed prior to commencement of work
- Ensure accurate progress reporting of physical scope completion
- Attend contractor progress meetings
- Respond to, and evaluate field changes with assessment of any impact on cost and schedule
- Conduct work site inspections and ensure quality of work meets contract standards
- Participate in joint walk downs of systems / sub-system handover for pre-commissioning and commissioning teams
- Provide support to commissioning department for functional commissioning
- Coordinate Finish activities, priorities and schedule work in line with Company IAP
- Ensuring plant equipment and facilities are sound from an, pre-dynamic commissioning completed and ready for hydrocarbons.
- Preparing as required start-up specialized operation procedures in readiness for Offshore restart activities
- Writing of detailed commissioning reports, raising local procedures and updating operating procedures. Includes if required drafting Red Line Mark-Ups and making proposals for Plant Change Notices
- Liaise with PSNK for PCN execution, witnessing and performance testing modification. Handover and acceptance of changes.
- Participating within an Integrated Commissioning and Acceptance Team, providing training and actively taking part into Competence Growth of National staff
- Providing technical support on Commissioning and contributing to the Commissioning support for Start-up, within Production Support team
- Within Production Support team assist co-ordination of start-up on paper exercises, evaluating Integrated Start-Up Manuals and personnel competency & understanding
- Assist with the Multidiscipline co-ordination activities of Offshore plant operations, including but not limiting to, Absorbers/Regeneration, Power Station, Utilities, Gas Compression, Flow lines and Trunk pipelines) and related systems, DCS control instrumentation and verifying that work is completed to required standards;
- Crude Oil and Gas processing (Production/Injection Wells, Crude Oil Separation, Dehydration,
- Participate in start-up verification processes, including PSUA and Cumulative Risk Assessments. Evaluating that plant equipment and processes are fit to operate and ready for start-up. Includes competency assessment
- Ensuring allocated work is supported with the appropriate work and safety procedures and instructions and that these are adhered to in the completion of the tasks;
Ensuring the issue of appropriate documentation for commissioning activities e.g. requests, permits, isolations, etc
- Provide technical support to Production & Engineering studies and Technical Authorities.
- Taking immediate action in case of alarm, following operating manual and /or instructions, identifying and reporting possible anomalies and defining corrective actions;
- Writing of detailed informative critical handovers and end of rotation handovers.
- Coordinating closely with Onshore discipline teams for common related issues and cross learning
- Identify potential hazards or occurrences that may be damaging to personnel, environment, plant or production. Take immediate corrective action where possible and report occurrences to the offshore shift supervisor;
- Assure operational integrity, process safety is maintained
- Level I:
- Usually works with minimum supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters;
- Maybe assisted by entry/junior or Intermediate level personnel;
- Assignment are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity;
- Has appreciable latitude for unreviewed action or decision;
Wood is currently recruiting for Project Designer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Draft P&ID drawings in SPPID, AVEVA, COMOS, AutoCAD and Micro station platforms in scheduled time, meeting quality standard
- Soft check the drawings in all the above three platforms in scheduled time meeting quality standard
- Hard check the drawings in all the above three platforms in scheduled time meeting quality standard
- Help Principal Designer in organizing the drafting work, printing, distributing, data recording, documentation control, etc.
- Liaise with the SPP&ID Administrator for symbol requests and database changes as required
- Challenge inconsistencies on mark-ups. Raise queries with respective project engineer
- Draft in accordance with project standard
- Ensure understanding and adopting to the project designer quality plan
- Cascade the information to all the designers If any designer finds any short cut method on drafting
- Review the check list periodically and amend
- Monitor quality of mark-ups (for ease of understanding by designers) and give feedback
Wood is currently seeking an Executive Assistant to support the Senior Vice President Mining & Minerals and the Senior Leadership Team, based in our Perth office.
This exceptionally busy role will call on your many years of experience to keep everything running smoothly. Whilst quite self-sufficient, this dynamic executive requires a lot of support to ensure his days run smoothly. Typically, you will provide:
- Extensive diary management, complex and dynamic travel itineraries and multi-currency expense claims.
- Organising meetings with detailed agenda and advanced PowerPoint presentations
- General support for the Senior Leadership Team, including travel and expenses
- Oversee the Mining Administration team
Wood are seeking to appoint a Process and Flow Assurance Modelling Consultants x 2 to join our Perth based team. These role are to support projects globally and reports directly to the Business Manager. Our successful candidates will work primarily with the team developing integrated models and pipeline management systems and through this work you will gain proficiency in Wood’s in-house Process and Flow Assurance Modelling tools and packages.
We are open to applications from candidates with entry level to intermediate experience dependent on technical interest and background, however would anticipate a minimum of at least two years recent relevant industry and sector exposure.
Please note that this role is open local applicants and those who hold existing work rights in place for Australia.
Key responsibilities include
- Gaining proficiency in Wood’s in-house Process and Flow Assurance Modelling tools and packages
- Support the project team in developing integrated models and pipeline management systems
- Perform thermo hydraulic analysis utilising the models developed (above point)
- Support the project team in maintaining, monitoring and supporting the existing integrated models and pipeline management systems
- Write clear and concise deliverable design basis documentation and summary reports
- Deliver scopes within the agreed project schedule
- Liaise with clients effectively and efficiently to address any technical issues and challenges
Wood has an opportunity for an Estimator. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Estimating Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- Report to the Section Manager – Estimating, the main function of the role is to support the preparation of proposal and capital project estimates
- Analyze the ITB requirements and project documentation to develop estimates
- Establish the commercial basis for the estimates
- Coordinate and collate inputs from other disciplines for estimates
- Support in risk and contingencies analysis, benchmarking analysis, cash flow analysis and any other activities require by the Manager
Are you interested in making it possible? Breeze in here like a breath of fresh air.
That’s our wood brand! If you are excited about making a difference and making things possible; Wood is the place to be. Currently we are looking for a HR Business Partner in our Brisbane office to join our team to support a mix of blue collar and white-collar workforces.
What you’ll be doing:
- Being hands on where you will proactively partners with the businesses and its stakeholders, to enable delivery of strategic business objectives and HR cyclical activities
- Collaborating with internal teams to ensure growth agenda is serving the needs of the whole company. Use data to inform, influence, support business decisions
- You will advise and support with respect to people matters, especially: employee engagement, leadership development, Organisational structure and design, workforce planning and management, remuneration, team development and a big focus on leadership coaching
- You will be instrumental in driving programs of work to develop the culture, grow capability and increase employee engagement. You will have passion to make a positive impact on people’s working lives, and thrive in an environment where plans are ambitious, there is ambiguity and you need to make trade-offs with your workload to keep multiple balls in the air, at the same time. As well as managing projects and initiatives, you will drive and communicate cyclical activities across the division
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Construction Engineer with extensive experience in the nuclear industry.
Management and coordination of all the elements of mechanical plant and equipment installation. Processing OIMS and drawings in accordance with project requirements and issuing construction packages to the installation supervisors including availability of approved RAMS, permits and lifting plans. Supporting the development of 4 and 6 week look-ahead’s based on the programme and milestones. Coordinating plant and equipment installation, inclusive of sub-contract activities and ensuring all scaffolding and tools are readily available. Reviewing and reporting the weekly progress against the programme with the Mechanical Installation Manager.
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients andcommitted to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Data Integrity & Compliance Specialist.
The Data Integrity and Compliance Specialist serves as a technical point-of-contact for assigned functional area ensuring quality of data managed in HRIS, analysing and resolving data flows and recommending process improvement opportunities.
The role plays an integral part in the development of data governance workflows and audit reports to support the delivery of business objectives. Contribute to discussions with all stakeholders on future data integrity strategy, support the evaluation of existing processes and system functionality and make recommendations.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Create, maintain and manage regional HRIS data governance frameworks ensuring regular maintenance and checks are carried out and followed through to completion in consultation with global colleagues as required.
- Carry out system administration duties including data audits, data cleansing, report development, in line with established processes, policies and guidelines set by the business.
- Working with IT Systems Support, Payroll and Timewrting teams on investigation and timely resolution of interface error reports.
- Working closely with payroll teams on pre payroll-checks and co-ordinating data corrections.
- Working with business and shared service teams to feedback data issues, providing guidance to ensure errors are not repeated in the future.
- Develop user procedures, guidelines, documentation and troubleshooting guidance to other users on features and functionality of HRIS systems and applications and provide appropriate training and support.
- Ongoing review with systems specialists and compliance teams on data that needs to be audited
- Ad-hoc data cleanse exercises and reconciliations e.g. upcoming job cleanse exercise, provision of data required for future Oracle People roll-outs
- Share learnings with wider P&O function to find best practise and share improvements
Internal: Global and Regional Shared Services, P&O Operations and COE’s, IT Business Systems Support, Payroll, Timewriting teams, Enterprise Project team, System End Users – Managers and Employees.
Level of Influence & Decision Making Authority:
Role holder determines how to meet deadlines and tasks within a well-defined timeline adhering to procedures, standards and working practices. Influence business by providing advice to key projects, design and operations issues. Providing support and guidance within a specialist field, referring to IT experts as required.